• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i would probably be able to host anytime, still need some practice on wobbling timing alone.
if i get the beat i may place somewhat impressively from what i have seen, i think i am improving but there is just no room for error playing ics im finding

Tyson651

Smash Lord
If you guys want to host on Wednesday I'd be down for playing for a bit...
I'll see if I can get Allan to host. my apartment is too small.

I work till 5 though, so won't be available till 5:30

Dunno who else is available though

:phone:

Taste

Smash Apprentice
guys, get on skype and add me tastetasty. FYI noone uses skype to voice chat, it's just the new more slightly evolved msn. No mics necessary.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
daymn ill try my best to come to this tourney this sat ben

On a side note a bunch of calgary guys are planning to go down to Edmonton august 10-12 for the melee/ marvel tournament (alberta beat down 3), just wondering if anyone is willing to house like 4-6ish guys? we ll play melee and marvel :]

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
big problem is melee is on a friday at 1 pm .... theres a good chance if we do come down were probably gonna miss melee seeing as we have work and school

Crusayer

Smash Lord
D:

Are you guys just planning on arriving friday night? I'm sure the time isn't set in stone for melee (?).

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
ya if melee could be moved to sunday or saturday thatd be perfect, i think were gonna leave somtime friday night, still figuring out housing

ya arthur we gotta play somtime , ive been on that marvel stuff recently lol

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Im now getting into marvel. Debating if I should buy a stick though.

Dunno if I'll be going to Edmonton that weekend or not but if I do I can give rides and provide housing.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
The only problem is that August 6 is a holiday, so I would prefer going to Edmonton on the long weekend instead. Which is why im not sure yet.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
makes sense bro, but let me know asap whether your gonna go edmonton aug10-12th

btw anyone think they can contact shiro (i think hes the AB3 organizer) and pled for a smash tournament switch date idunno its worth a try i guess

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Ok so people really need to stop inferring stuff. Of course we all jump on the Ben train cause he makes good decisions about organization and stuff. Posts like "Watch them all jump on it cause you agreed. T.T", as well as inferring that people are useless is unnecessary.

IMO if we have like a FB page or some type of thing like that where the only purpose is to keep in check with upcoming events, ON TOPIC, it would be a really good step, as well as being accessible to prospect smashers.

Smashboards is sort of the place to build hype, give shoutouts, talk about random stuff, advice on controllers, etc.
I like reading your posts, they're funny. Obviously this is directed straight at me, I'd like to first address the fact that was it not true that everyone said it was dumb untill Ben said it was a decent idea and now some people are actually on board? Maybe it can give you some perspective on how people are thinking and why the smash community is shrinking not growing because only one or two people actually have the gusto to make something happen, the rest are just sheeping or keeping to themselves.

And honestly, the facebook page is an ok idea, but you HAVE to admit two flaws with it, first of all we ALREADY HAVE A FACEBOOK PAGE YOU ****ING ******S, have you heard me say that yet? This is probably the fortieth time. On top of that, if you don't even know it exists then how can non-smashers find out about it and get into it? To me seems pointless.

on top of that, all it really does is split our discussion audience and make people have to make extrenuous multiple posts, which I have no problem with, but realisticly i'd rather just redirect people to one place IE: Smashboards, untill we actually have a community large enough to complain about forum size.

Also that description of smashboards is cute, what would we do on the facebook one that wasn't covered on that, considering you added "talk about random stuff"

Facebook is the furthest thing from serious.

edit: Arthur, please realize I have nothing against you. But read what I say and actually think about it and not just "NO YOU'RE WRONG CAUSE YOU'RE BRAD AND YOU DISAGREE WITH ME" actually read it and discuss it so I don't have to keep posting about how ******** this is. I don't care one bit if you make a facebook page, I just need you to understand we already have one, I don't think it's a good idea, and if you really want to community to grow, you should put in the extra effort yourself by not only doing everything communications wise (AKA adding everyone on skype because it WONT HURT you) as well as go ahead and make the facebook page yourself. Start telling everyone you know. Stop relying on Ben, he's great but the guy has enough jobs and no free time that he really should be the last person.

I like you Brad <3.
=3

You have school in August? Have you been doing school all summer? What a waste...
tbqh it's better than working a ****ty job

Tyson651

Smash Lord
K im gonna have to say im most likely going to Edmonton on the long weekend. My friends seem to be set on that.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I added everyone including who I have for Edmonton so they can decide if they want to go to any tournaments

Or maybe the group should be Alberta smashers, I dunno
then we can decide if we want to go to Edmonton tournaments

I also don't have Clarke, Mo or Matt on my FB

Mripod128

Smash Cadet
There isn't much info as of late, who knows if the attendance is low it may just turn into a smashfest. All I know is that it's at Mac Hall at UofC, in the Cassio A/B room. Registration is 10 - 12 according to Ben, not sure how long we have the room though.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
i dont think it will be a smashfest... people were informed of this tourney repeatedly.
i just want to pride match tom and record it

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Yeah I don't think it'll be a smashfest... I'm going, and usually if people know, the Paul group comes as well as Brad and a couple of others.

And I won that 8-man bracket :-D

Victor is doing sketchy stuff so none of us know where he's at

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Ok so maybe we do have a page, but there should be up to date moderators so they can post events and such
The point is right there.

I'll make one

Thank you, finally someone took initiative (I would've but I sincerely just don't give a **** about facebook) thats the majority of what I really wanted to state is how everyones banking on Ben.

Yeah I don't think it'll be a smashfest... I'm going, and usually if people know, the Paul group comes as well as Brad and a couple of others.

And I won that 8-man bracket :-D
I actually have to work untill 5pm.

lol life is cool.

edit: a heads up? I will NEVER have weekends off untill school starts

Top Bottom