• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Shannon, I think we are all still reeling from the launch of Brawl, and we will continue to swing like pendulums before reaching a steady state. Well, maybe. And while online is frustrating and a poor substitute for live play, I remind myself of what Moogle said: it's still useful and still a great way to get better at the game. [you think we get pissed at lag, talk to the serious Halo 3 folks... their rankings go up and down based on match outcomes, sometimes due to bad luck and/or connection issues]

I do like Melee teams.

ZOMG, am I looking forward to Saturday. Beer and pizza ftw.

EDIT: T1J, we need to play more!

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
the only thing I think its unbalanced to the point of WTF is metaknight but lets not get into that again.

on a lighter note, i think Wario is my favorite character to watch

and I don't have any money so if i come i can't contribute :-P

@ ROB, i'm sure i'll make it up to hunstville a lot this summer, so we can get some games in.

also you're right. I'm decent at Brawl and would not know nearly as much about match ups if it weren't for playing online, through, and i hate to say it, Gamebattles *shudders*. I don't mind playing online if the connection is decent. but when it isn't, hot **** its frustrating.
also i think Brawl online is a tad worse than Halo 3 online.

speaking of which, i think i'm gonna go play some Halo 3

EDIT: i dunno why i keep capitalizing your name. I'm too used to writing about the character because he's so awesome:-D

j00t

Smash Champion
Just GTA your way to Huntsville.
Midguy, I have one request. You must never ever ever ever never fart in any confined space again. I'm only saying this for your safety and the safety of everyone else around you. It was awful.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
okay, i'm done laughing. i'm gonna wipe the tears away and go to bed. i can't wait for this, guys.

....pizza and beer.

btw, when is this shindig starting? are we going old school and starting at 2pm, or is it just whenever?

moogle

Smash Ace
Smash is officially on for Saturday... come over anytime (except like before noon).

And... I offer my apologies to the Memphis people and everyone at the tourney. I hope you can forgive me for not being there for you.

Midguy, I have one request. You must never ever ever ever never fart in any confined space again. I'm only saying this for your safety and the safety of everyone else around you. It was awful.
I think that was just the natural scents of our apartment.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
what the fack am i doing awake on my weekend??:dizzy:

i'll want to get this thing going in the early afternoon. all you travelling people should get the hell down here as soon as you can! I wish i could bring a TV, but i don't have one that's travel-worthy, i.e. they're all too big ^.^

Pizza and Beer!!

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I don't know why I'm up either!

I'll be arriving after dinner at my folks, so around 7:30-8:00

j00t

Smash Champion
Smash is officially on for Saturday... come over anytime (except like before noon).

And... I offer my apologies to the Memphis people and everyone at the tourney. I hope you can forgive me for not being there for you.

I think that was just the natural scents of our apartment.
There was no way that was a "natural scent." Well, it was natural, but it definitely wasn't from the apartment.

saintrage

Smash Cadet
I'll be bringing a setup and a TV. I'll have both brawl and melee so we should be good to go. i'll probably get there about 6, because i am going to see iron man with my sis. i have been excited because of smash since like wed. Smash is like crack to me >.< just can't give it up, and when i do it i get jittery :p

Sensai

Smash Master
I'mma hop in the shower and do the dirty, and then I'll be over.

[Edit:]

And how much money should I bring for the infamous Pizza and Beer (now capitilized)?

Sensai

Smash Master
Wow, those storms were terrible.

Anyways, I really enjoyed the matches guys, especially since I haven't played with you guys for forever.

Thanks for coming up, George, Midguy, Poet, Janitor! Great playing with you guys (although I didn't play with Midguy, I don't think).

[Edit:]

Whatever happened to the quick edit feature? I really liked that...

Anyway, editted to make sure my new signature is working. And it is. Huzzah.

[Edit 2:]

...ish. It's a good 30 minutes behind at all times. Which sucks.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I won my first tournament. This makes me happy.

The legend has begun; Reflex's Wario will be the best in the nation.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
good games hunstville people.
took me half the night trying to get used to melee again. saint rage you've gotten pretty good. i would be more of a challenge if I was used to Melee. same goes to Joot and everyone. fun day though. i'm gonna be practicin

j00t

Smash Champion
good games hunstville people.
took me half the night trying to get used to melee again. saint rage you've gotten pretty good. i would be more of a challenge if I was used to Melee. same goes to Joot and everyone. fun day though. i'm gonna be practicin
Your IC's scared the crap out of me. I'm gonna have to learn how to play against them. Atleast i've got the "don't grab IC's" thing down. :p

Majist

Smash Journeyman
congrats on your win, Reflex.

last night was great guys. thanks to the B of the Ham ppl's for coming up. that's a lot of driving for one night and we huntsvillians appreciate it! i immensely enjoyed playing with all of you. It was great to see Midguy and T1J again. And i finally got to play George!! good games dude!

i don't think i got to play Poet though:( you're cool as hell though, man. you had me laughing all night.

getting ***** again in Melee by my huntsville homies was such a refreshing experience:grin:

Top Bottom