• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alabama Thread! (10/26/2016 update)

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol guys i saw dragonball
hands down.

worst movie i have ever seen.

no doubt about it. and ive seen some pretty horrible movies.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
no seriously im pretty sure everyone expected dragonball to be BAD but no one is prepared for how bad it actually is.
you have no idea how many B movies and indie movies i have seen that suck so much and Dragonball whooped all their ***** and was the worst movie i think ever created. seriously, it is the worst movie ever made. EVER.
i didnt expect that. i just expected a crappy movie. it is so much more crappier than you will ever expect, xeedoc.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Boo, I had a fun time watching Dragonball Evolution. It might be because I saw it with Nu or just because I thought it was incredibly funny. Once you see enough Mike Nelson stuff, bad bad movies are a treat.

Wine

Smash Cadet
Boo, I had a fun time watching Dragonball Evolution. It might be because I saw it with Nu or just because I thought it was incredibly funny. Once you see enough Mike Nelson stuff, bad bad movies are a treat.
dude it was the humor of the shear awfulness and bad accuracy of the movie that made it great..same thing for the chun li story.. desu

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
I might need a ride to Vulcan Gamebox since a powerline pole fell on my car Sunday night and it needs to get the windshield replaced.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
WHO IS COMING TO MY HOUSE ON FIRDAY?
AND WHO IS RIDING WITH ME TO VULCAN?

i need to start making plans lol.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
Florida looks like a limp wang, yes.

Slam, I'm there and I'm riding, shotgun.

Dan, my life ****ing sucks. I can't get any time to get **** done. Come to Montgomery Friday and friendly team with me all evening lol.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
So guys. There's a very real possibility that I could hold a tournament at my neighborhood clubhouse near summertime. (A tourney in the Huntsville/Madison area? Waaah??) $75 is enough to rent out the clubhouse from 8:00 a.m. to 12 at night for ~50 people. 50+ will move it to $100 I think. 2-3 dollar door fee anyone?

I need to know some weekends that everyone could come here for some smash. I was thinking Brawl singles, doubles, and if there's not too many folks and/or if time permits, Melee.

Thoughts?

@Kalm- I would love too, but Moogle is my only ride, and I got school. :urg:
Also, what characters do you use other than DK? I want to think about some counterpicks and other character combinations.

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
looks like youre on right now

go to xat.com/BlueSteak and private chat me, i might not respond right away but ill keep checking back

go to the second tab, im in that one because nobody is there and ill hear it ping you say something

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
looks like youre on right now

go to xat.com/BlueSteak and private chat me, i might not respond right away but ill keep checking back

go to the second tab, im in that one because nobody is there and ill hear it ping you say something
I'm on a computer at school. xat is blocked here... >_>
Sowy. :(

Will_

Smash Journeyman
So guys. There's a very real possibility that I could hold a tournament at my neighborhood clubhouse near summertime. (A tourney in the Huntsville/Madison area? Waaah??) $75 is enough to rent out the clubhouse from 8:00 a.m. to 12 at night for ~50 people. 50+ will move it to $100 I think. 2-3 dollar door fee anyone?

I need to know some weekends that everyone could come here for some smash. I was thinking Brawl singles, doubles, and if there's not too many folks and/or if time permits, Melee.

Thoughts?
I'd even help run the thing.

If we do melee, singles only would seem to be the best option. Though I recommend to make melee a guaranteed event to increase overall turnout.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
along with Dan. Ive also been thinking about this. there is a neighborhood clubhouse in my area too... but the only thing is the lack of people around the montgomery area that play AND the impossible and confusing directions this city presents itself with.

seriously. i have never seena place so confusing. im sure no one would find it. GPS even gets screwed up and reads wrong when it comes here. and it takes you across a toll bridge that is 1:50$ which is ********

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
KALM TALK TO REFLEX! SEE IF HIM AND KISSSMIZZLE WANNA RIDE TO YOUR HOUSE THEN RIDE DOWN TO MINE WITH YOU.

he never responds to me on aim. i think he forgot who i was lolol.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd even help run the thing.

If we do melee, singles only would seem to be the best option. Though I recommend to make melee a guaranteed event to increase overall turnout.
Awesome. I'd need all the help I can get.

I don't know for certain if we'd have time though. I guess I'd just hold Brawl singles/doubles to see how much time we have, and then hold melee next time.

moogle

Smash Ace
Sooooooo..... I have a situation. My grandpa passed away a couple of days ago. I'm doing alright, but it's still sad.

The consequence for smashers: the funeral is Saturday morning (in Huntsville). My parents said I could leave for the Birmingham tournament sometime after the funeral. I should be able to make it in time for the singles tournament, but I'm gonna miss doubles. Anyone who was planning on riding with me from Huntsville either has to have someone else drive, or miss doubles also if they go with me.

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Okay, Alabama Thread and other potential nearby people, we're serious about attending Genesis. It's in Antioch, California, which is a good 2,300 miles from Alabama. The dates for the tournament are July 10-12, and it takes around 2 days to drive there and back. We'd be gone from July 8-14. Start planning. This tournament will be huge, and all of you will want to come. So far, people I know that are definitely interested in going are the following:
George
Nu
Moogle
Reflex
Elev8
Will_
theONEjanitor
Deku Scrub/Ezlo
Poet
and probably some more of you after reading this post.

We'd be renting either a 12 or 15 passenger van. Splitting the cost, the rental and gas wouldn't be very much, and the same goes for hotel rooms.

Moogle, add this to the first post and update as needed? <3

Genesis Thread on Smashboards

Will_

Smash Journeyman
ah, sorry about your grandpa, Andy.

Dan, if you've got a backup way to get there we could do that. I might be able to convince my folks to take me.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
Sooooooo..... I have a situation. My grandpa passed away a couple of days ago. I'm doing alright, but it's still sad.

The consequence for smashers: the funeral is Saturday morning (in Huntsville). My parents said I could leave for the Birmingham tournament sometime after the funeral. I should be able to make it in time for the singles tournament, but I'm gonna miss doubles. Anyone who was planning on riding with me from Huntsville either has to have someone else drive, or miss doubles also if they go with me.
Oh man, I'm sorry. I'll keep you in my prayers.

If i had a four-seater car, I'd volunteer to take you guys:(

Top Bottom