• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Advanced Techniques: Montage style: GLIDE TOSS!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Isn't your newest advanced techniques just pivot grabbing? LOL.

Reverse grabbing i'd save in case some find a way to make the hitbox for their grab go far behind them or something. This is just turning around (pivoting) and grabbing lol. It was in melee too and also just as easy as slamming the other direction and hitting Z, Although it could only be done during the dash animation not the run, i'm not even sure if brawl has different animations for movement such as walking/dashing/running, since from what i've heard the analog isn't pressure sensitive care to comment on that ? i'm curious.

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
Ok, my bad...

Still he had a thread about it for quite some time, its a shame people ignore him and go "WOOT TEH AWESOME" here..

Not your fault tho...

(Yes Kai was me, I cant log on downstairs on the computer, my roomies account)
..actually ..reverse grabbing was found by a lot of people simultaneously near or on brawl's release and maybe even the demos (..by me for example)
..it's not that complex of a technique ..so i honestly don't think any one person should take credit
..but that's just my opinion

tect

Smash Journeyman
it's just because he/she brought it up on the boards first?
not like it's a huge deal anyways

VersatileBJN

Smash Ace
topic creator, much respect for making this topic, but why no addition of JBT(jumping back towards)? That's going to be very important for characters with great bairs hwo previously had no way of setting them up.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
This is going to DRASTICALLY change her game. Would you mind If I posted this on the front page, and credited you? I'll make sure your name is big too! I am really excited about this, and you should be **** proud of yourself!@
you should note I was tipped about this by Kei who heard about it from Ikki(both Japanese pros) It was actually found back in the store demo by Ikki, I just tested it posted it on Smashboards.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
i wonder why no one posts the advanced tech where you can use peoples heads to jump
Dude, that's in the manual! :D

Go for it!
<3

you need to add a few things:
1: reverse jumping - running in one direction then quickly pressing back then using an aerial (used to do a quick bair in front of you or fair behind you)
i use that for ike a lot with his fair and try to hit the person below me ..punishes them for trying to roll past me

2: jump canceled upsmash out of shield - self explanatory ..just like in melee ..slam up on both control stick and c stick at the same time while your shield is up and you can quickly counter attack with an upsmash

i'll post more as i find them
I will test these today and get back to you! :D

Is there a video of missile canceling? Several people have swore that it's out.
I can do it! :D

Isn't your newest advanced techniques just pivot grabbing? LOL.

Reverse grabbing i'd save in case some find a way to make the hitbox for their grab go far behind them or something. This is just turning around (pivoting) and grabbing lol. It was in melee too and also just as easy as slamming the other direction and hitting Z, Although it could only be done during the dash animation not the run, i'm not even sure if brawl has different animations for movement such as walking/dashing/running, since from what i've heard the analog isn't pressure sensitive care to comment on that ? i'm curious.
It's not just at the beginning, or during a foxtrot. You can do it at anytime during a dash. Combo: bair run RG. :D exapmle, of course. <3 eggm.

..actually ..reverse grabbing was found by a lot of people simultaneously near or on brawl's release and maybe even the demos (..by me for example)
..it's not that complex of a technique ..so i honestly don't think any one person should take credit
..but that's just my opinion
We found it, and we aren't looking for credit. We don't nedd 100 topics about adv techs. I'm posting stuff here to show the world.

Btw, my room smells like cupcakes!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Added new technique: GlideTossing! Thanks to NikoK!

Newtidbit.
WTF?!??! first of all I posted that, and Niko just tried it and made videos, he only found the reversed version.

and I didn't find the first version, Ikki(Japanese Pro) did, I just tested it and posted it.

secondly, your explanation is stupid and incorrect, the correct explanation is "press A during a forward roll", the airdodge part is redundant, it doesn't effect the move in any way.

the reverse version is roll back and C-Stick forward right at the start of the roll. that one was found by Niko.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
WTF?!??! first of all I posted that, and Niko just tried it and made videos, he only found the reversed version.

and I didn't find the first version, Ikki(Japanese Pro) did, I just tested it and posted it.

secondly, your explanation is stupid and incorrect, the correct explanation is "press A during a forward roll", the airdodge part is redundant, it doesn't effect the move in any way.

the reverse version is roll back and C-Stick forward right at the start of the roll. that one was found by Niko.

Niko did before you. He posted twice about it. The first time, I ignored it, so chill out. Second, I know who ikki is, stop being an elitest.

Third, he made the videos, and perfected the tech, explaining it. He deserves the credit until you can prove ikki found it first, and post videos. Chill.

Edit: you are right about the airdodge, will credit you too.

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
(i wasn't under the impression you were trying to take credit for reverse grab ..that was more focused towards the guy actually trying to post credit on one person)

the reverse jump or jumping-back-towards is amazing ..especially for ike
youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC3W_AxqxSE

there aren't any videos of ppl doing jc-upsmash out of shield ..but i promise it's in ..it's especially good with ppl with a quick upsmash to counter someone attacking their shield but still being out of range of a shield grab
i use it with pit a lot against ppl that attack from the air then land behind me

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Niko did before you. He posted twice about it. The first time, I ignored it, so chill out. Second, I know who ikki is, stop being an elitest.

Third, he made the videos, and perfected the tech, explaining it. He deserves the credit until you can prove ikki found it first, and post videos. Chill.

Edit: you are right about the airdodge, will credit you too.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141858

this is the original thread I made about it. my friend came from afar with the game(my wii isn't modded) and didn't want to waste time on videos cause we were enjoying the game, so niko did make the video, but he learned the move from me. which In turn I learned from Kei, since I was in japan at the time, I can't quote the conversation, so you'd have to take my word on it.

and no, I'm not trying to be an elitist, but if anyone is to be credited for finding the tech, it's Ikki, cause he saw that on his few minutes with peach on the SSE demo. and then I heard from Kei "Ikki found some strange glitch with peach, which makes you float on the air if you throw a turnip while rolling forward", the day before yesterday, I remembered that conversation, and saw that it works. and then posted the above thread, at night after my friend went to sleep.

and also, your explanation is still choppy, can't you just write it as "Throw an item while rolling forward to cause a weird but quick tossing an gliding animation that doesn't change your facing direction"?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=141858

this is the original thread I made about it. my friend came from afar with the game(my wii isn't modded) and didn't want to waste time on videos cause we were enjoying the game, so niko did make the video, but he learned the move from me. which In turn I learned from Kei, since I was in japan at the time, I can't quote the conversation, so you'd have to take my word on it.

and no, I'm not trying to be an elitist, but if anyone is to be credited for finding the tech, it's Ikki, cause he saw that on his few minutes with peach on the SSE demo. and then I heard from Kei "Ikki found some strange glitch with peach, which makes you float on the air if you throw a turnip while rolling forward", the day before yesterday, I remembered that conversation, and saw that it works. and then posted the above thread, at night after my friend went to sleep.
He SAW. He didn't understand it how to do it, and certainly didn't help find it. NikoK found it, learned it, and even posted vids of it. This was done at least 2 days ago. I credited you as well for finding you don't need air dodging. He's not stealing it, and you were noted.

JFox

Smash Hero
You guys do realize you don't get anything for this finding stuff out right? No one is keeping track, writing this stuff down in their diary and ****, so its not even somethin to fight about. And with the 100+ other advanced techniques that people will find in this game, I'm sure this ain't the biggest one.

People should be a little less hostile. All DMBrandon, and others like him, are trying to do is share things with people about the game. No one is obligated to share any of this stuff, so think about that before jumping down someone's throat.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
TRUE advacend techs -> bugs. I'm sad for that.

Also, the other things looks great and like things you can do easy. Thanks

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Brandon didn't even read my post lol.
Maybe I read it wrong. too late to go back, now. I still love you, eggm. :D

You guys do realize you don't get anything for this finding stuff out right? No one is keeping track, writing this stuff down in their diary and ****, so its not even somethin to fight about. And with the 100+ other advanced techniques that people will find in this game, I'm sure this ain't the biggest one.

People should be a little less hostile. All DMBrandon, and others like him, are trying to do is share things with people about the game. No one is obligated to share any of this stuff, so think about that before jumping down someone's throat.
Thanks!

TRUE advacend techs -> bugs. I'm sad for that.

Also, the other things looks great and like things you can do easy. Thanks
^_^

Niko_K

Smash Master
All I can say towards that arguement is that I found it myself and posted a video...I never said I found it FIRST...if ikki did infact find it first than good for him. I clearly stated in the description of my video that I am not taking credit for something that has been found before. But I did confirm it so I do deserve the credit...It really seems like your digging for credit I.T.P which you shouldnt even have because you didn't discover anything but was told something and theres really no need to argue...

dmbrandon

Smash Master
All I can say towards that arguement is that I found it myself and posted a video...I never said I found it FIRST...if ikki did infact find it first than good for him. I clearly stated in the description of my video that I am not taking credit for something that has been found before. But I did confirm it so I do deserve the credit...It really seems like your digging for credit I.T.P which you shouldnt even have because you didn't discover anything but was told something and theres really no need to argue...
qft. Let's continue now!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I'm not trying to argue, but I think it's silly to credit you(niko) for a technique that someone else found way back in the demo.

and other than that, the description in the main post of the thread is still very flawed and lacking, and there are better threads with better descriptions, I really don't see how this one is lasting as long as it is.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'm not trying to argue, but I think it's silly to credit you(niko) for a technique that someone else found way back in the demo.

and other than that, the description in the main post of the thread is still very flawed and lacking, and there are better threads with better descriptions, I really don't see how this one is lasting as long as it is.
Then don't post here. He didn't FIND it, he saw it. It's the person who figures it out.

People have been struck by lightning, only Benjamin Franklin harnessed it's power.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Then don't post here. He didn't FIND it, he saw it. It's the person who figures it out.

People have been struck by lightning, only Benjamin Franklin harnessed it's power.
Ikki found how to do it, he didn't "see" it. but since he doesn't post on smashboards, and neither does Kei, and I didn't give it the proper importance until play testing it and seeing how good it was, I didn't bother posting it here. that's all.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Please don't take any disrespect from me. If I came off that way I didn't mean to.
I didn't your posts were good and to the point and intelligent, you understood my meaning and useability, and you found that it can be reversed, and even made vids.

and you even supported my name *thumbs up*

I just think that saying you were the first to find it, or giving you credit for finding it is wrong, it should just state "thank for niko for pointing this out".

what really bothers me is the first post is still a jumbling mess, and no one can understand what a Gliding toss is by reading that.

and also, your air dodge into gliding toss seems redundant to me, it doesn't effect the actual move in any way, it's just a nice way to implement it. the idea is ok though.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
I invented the glide toss two and a half years ago. You are all thieves and hoodlums.

travis.luckiest

Smash Apprentice
^^^^
lulz
..also ..idk if you want to post character specific AT ..but there is:
remote mine recovery with snake (a lot like link's bomb recovery in melee)
snake's grenade cancel (hit shield after pulling out a grenade causing it to drop and become a regular throwable item)

and holy **** i just remembered one of the biggest AT's yet
hugging!
wow ..put that on the front immediately ..i can't believe i didn't think of that ..i get so many edgehog kills with that ..especially against ppl with tether recoveries

LaughterIsDeadly

Smash Apprentice
should reverse grabbing be an AT? if you use wiimote+chuck you just have to push left or right on the Dpad and it'll grab in that direction out of a roll or a dash.

"Glide Tossing may very well be the first TRUE advanced technique," it's as simple as grabbing out of shield.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
should reverse grabbing be an AT? if you use wiimote+chuck you just have to push left or right on the Dpad and it'll grab in that direction out of a roll or a dash.

"Glide Tossing may very well be the first TRUE advanced technique," it's as simple as grabbing out of shield.
you sound so good! If you're confident enough to pick apart my tactics, maybe we should MM?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Practice your spacing with the glide toss and you can insta follow up with a shield cancel grab for combos.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Hookshot canceling with link and perhaps other chars. Links hookshot auto cancels when you hit the ground, for combo ability. It seems really useful. Unknown if samus, others can do so as well.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if anyone else put this up yet but Samus, though her nair was nerf'd she has gotten better. The up smash and fair combos more easily which led me to the JDM(Jump Double Missle). You have to do the following one for it to work because it has no real lag comming out and follows. It is also easier and obviously does more damage if both hit than just the super missle. It is almost too easy.
Link was nerf'd too much. Hookshot is shorter and he is slower with more lag. When I hit the leg with the boomerang, my opponent came closer, which doesn't really happen unless the boomerang is coming back. I did this a lot of times in one match. No name(doesn't really need one), but this seems like a link advanced technique because it can start many combo possibilities.

p.s. I once did a JQM(Jump quadruple missle) with samus in a match using her two jumps...it is very hard and very advanced.

Top Bottom