• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADVANCED TECHNIQUE: AUTOLAND By Candy & Gonzo

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
Not new. But still useful.

A good practice is dropping the bomb on the platform above you with Link without having it blow up.
this isn't really new.
It was in melee.
to the both of u, this is a new technique, the game physics are different for performing this, its not a waveland because u can't change direction, and it doesn't use an airdodge to land, it uses a smash

We've put countless days into making sure this AT is different and new.

whoady4shoady

Smash Apprentice
It is crazy this game hasnt even been out long and there are all kinds of cool tecniques being discovered already.

Rhambo

Smash Apprentice
Ok, wow. This is really awesome. To anyone wanting to practice this, go to Pirate's ship, the two platforms are constantly moving.
Thanks for the advice.

Amazing find, since Smashville is my new FD, I'm going to be using this a lot.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
THis could also be done in melee with bowser, going right below the platform (or above i forget) with a jump and nair, changing your hitbox and you would land quicker...no hitting of opponent neccessary.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Proud Samus main, once again. Pikachu second
Based on all the character specific boards, everybody is high tier

I think u should rethink samus being hi tier, she maybe middle tier but from what Team T.O. has seen Samus is a no go this time around. Zamus however is a much better option. Just my opinion

Mr.100

Smash Cadet
Proud Samus main, once again. Pikachu second
Based on all the character specific boards, everybody is high tier

I think u should rethink samus being hi tier, she maybe middle tier but from what Team T.O. has seen Samus is a no go this time around. Zamus however is a much better option. Just my opinion
Wrong thread? hehe

Good work on the discovery guys, this is going to help speed up Brawl and help create a more advanced metagame which is what we have all benn wanting.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
yea im starting to actually find some use for it...mainly when som1s coming from above and just platform cancel to shield and then sheild grab...see if it helps you guys

tect

Smash Journeyman
it works on the f-zero stage too from me lee... on the cars hahah i find that out the other day while playing with some friends from my building

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
our biggest concern isnt how many stages we can do it at b/c theres only certain stages that are tourney....wer trying to figure out the best way to you it during a match

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've just got one question: Chocobo's Island? Haloville? The April Fools filter should've worn off yet the OP still doesn't make any sense sometimes.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Has anyone been using this technique consistently??? If so can u post some videos? Candy, ChozenOne, and I r really trying to incorporate it into our game but we dont have anything on a consistent level.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
God dammit, no. Me and my friend GoldenGlove discovered this before you did.

I uploaded an informational video onto my computer March 13th of this very thing in which the video had been recorded a few days prior to that, and me discovering it and GoldenGlove testing it two days prior to that.

We found it first.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
ummm..sorry dude...but we found it like acouple of days after the realease...we've had the game for a while bc my friend stole it from the back of the store....we test it b4 march 13 and we were just too lazy to put it up

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I also agree with Candy. We've had an english copy 24 hours earlier than the release date and discovered this Technique b4 March 13th and were to lazy / had difficulty with processing the video to get it up.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
I imported the Japanese version and in your first post you said you discovered it on March 14th. Take whatever crawled up your *** and died out.
well that was a mess up bc we found it b4 that date....what you did is prohably not the same bc no 1 yet heard of it b4 us....so either we found it 1st and we get the credit...or w/e you put up'd not the sm...so where was your vid if no1 has heard of it b4 we put it up? sounds like you got somthing up your ***

Mista Sinista

Smash Lord
Lol everyone thought Brawl had gotten rid of everything technical yet we have stuff like this... amazing.

Seriously I'm gonna fsmash people to hell with Wario thanks to this.

You're awesome and I'd make you a medal if I wasn't such a lazy *******.

Wolfang

Smash Journeyman
Makes me wonder if Icicle Mountain, Port Town Aero Dive and Big Blue apply, but they should from what has been explained. Good stuff, especially if used with the c-stick. If somebody can figure out if those stages work and update them, that would make the find all the sweeter. Not even difficult to pull of either, so there isn't much reason not to use it.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Makes me wonder if Icicle Mountain, Port Town Aero Dive and Big Blue apply, but they should from what has been explained. Good stuff, especially if used with the c-stick. If somebody can figure out if those stages work and update them, that would make the find all the sweeter. Not even difficult to pull of either, so there isn't much reason not to use it.

Those stages work however but i dont thik Icicle mountain is a counterpick stage so i didnt include it in the original post.

Top Bottom