• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Adjusting the Damage Ratio to 1.1 for Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
It's the same game, but "balanced" and movesets have been buffed/nerfed.

Name some cons that outweight the pros that Snake benefits?
DK is now a possible soft counter.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Captain Falcons dair just killed me horizontally at 80%... from the other side of the stage. I LOVE THIS

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'd love to know his current advantages on Snake (KO power and survivability) and why he may counter Snake if they are both made stronger.
DK would benefit just as much from this as snake. DK would kill about 15% earlier with a frame 11 move tat normally kills snake around 120%

its not like DK juggles snake anyway

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Adjusting the damage ratio is so bad and doesn't contribute much to the game.
Bad idea is bad.

You know what's more feasible?

Items!!

Seriously.
This man couldn't be more correct.
We should turn items on then adjust the damage ratio after that.
Items are feasible, actually.

But this topic isn't for discussing that.

OFF TOPIC, I DON'T CARE: Adds depth to the game through glide tossing JC throws, catching, etc... Allows for proper combos, not random enough to actually decently affect a match. I could go on.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
DK would benefit just as much from this as snake. DK would kill about 15% earlier with a frame 11 move tat normally kills snake around 120%

its not like DK juggles snake anyway
I'd argue otherwise, from all the DK experience I had it was juggles and bairs that got me, with M7H's random *** reverse side-B's of hell.

But grenades+utilt still keeps the monkey away.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'd argue otherwise, from all the DK experience I had it was juggles and bairs that got me, with M7H's random *** reverse side-B's of hell.

But grenades+utilt still keeps the monkey away.
nothing keeps the monkey away. snake still has to play carefully, he can't just keep throwing out up tilts. we'll just down b. which pops you up in a place you don't want to be.

anyways, I'd love for people to try this out, I really thing this could be better than what we have now. who cares if everyone dies earlier? lower the time limit for MK/wario by a minute so they can still time out

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Down-B assumes you are grounded.

if you're grounded, we're throwing grenades to get you airborne.
ok seriously susa, take it to the DK/snake boards. the match up is evenish so there is no point in discussing i here, at least I made an attempt to get back on topic.

DK and snake BOTH benefit from the 1.1 DR rule. stop spewing things out of your mouth that you have no idea about or that you haven't tested extensively. for all we know DK could become a snake counter.

SuSa

They both benefit. The matchup doesn't change. Also I'm against it being evenish, but it's definately not heavily in Snake's favor like some lolmatchups.

PS: I'll be getting back in the scene.. likely.. buying a spare GC controller off someone if theres none at Gamestop after I buy a working copy of Brawl... going tonight or tomorrow hopefully

When the above happens, I'll test this 1.1 garbage and find every little thing that makes it go from "balancing these matchups and characters" to "breaking these matchups and characters". I'll spend some time on it, don't worry.
:093:

solecalibur

Smash Master
How your discussing snake is how SWF discussed him when the game first came out and we knew how broken he really can be, your not talking about his real weaknesses now and how barely any even place right now

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
the throw buffs are interesting...i'll look into that for sure.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
I've been testing, and it works with stuff like, the cars on the Port Town.

same with the bombs on Green Greens.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
so your saying 1.1 can effect how some stages would possibly change?

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
ganon punch kills mario in the center of FD at 29% Hype this! get in in the 4.0 ruleset

Edit: Also, Ness's Backthrow, i want to figure out how much that is changed. Alas, i'm going to sleep. More testing tomorrow!

•Col•

Smash Champion
Actually thinking about it, will Ike's nearly fully charged Eruption(flashing orange) kill Mario from the center of FD at 0%? XD

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
doesn't seem bad. If it doesn't work, we can always change the ratio back

SuSa

I added it to my ever-growing list of BBR quotes showing either double standards, or proof they know MK is broken but refuse to do anything about it.

I'm not kidding.. I'm making that list... even if I'm not currently allowed to post it.

I'll expose the BBR on this issue, one quote at a time...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I would test this, but since everyone else is so adamant about doing it for me, ill just lazily sit back and wait for you all to present your findings.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I added it to my ever-growing list of BBR quotes showing either double standards, or proof they know MK is broken but refuse to do anything about it.
To be fair, some members -are- trying to do something about it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I CANNOT understand how the community is just dandy with testing this, but 90% of regions refuse to test MK bans.

SuSa

Why wouldn't you be allowed to post it?
Not allowed to post anything relating to banning MK pretty much.

Why do you think my 2 banning threads were closed?

Also anything to try and discourage the BBR's tyranny rule will be met by.. well.. my signature sums it up very nicely.

You get this awesome fancy reply that translates to "lolno"

[See my Community House Thread]
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288484

EDIT:
@Reflex
I know this, but I'm not going to list out 30 names everytime I'm speaking about certain BBR members... =|

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
You can test 1.1 by yourself or in friendlies. You can only test an MK ban by obtaining data over a set amount of time only through tournament.. This is more akin to how people treat an AT or trick over an MK ban..

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer

I'm not kidding.. I'm making that list... even if I'm not currently allowed to post it.

I'll expose the BBR on this issue, one quote at a time...

you should add in some just plain hilarious quotes too, like this.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
you should add in some just plain hilarious quotes too, like this.
This is pretty funny--

He's using Tornado.
Airing your people up.
Tryna gimp you so yall need ta
Hide ya Snake
Hide ya Marth
Hide ya Pit
Hide ya Ike
Hide ya Ness
Hide ya Link
And hide ya Falco' cause he gimpin errybody out here.
You will try your best to approach
He'll run to the edge.
He gonn plank you. He gonn plank you.
He's gonna run until that
run until that
run until that
Time out
Time
Time
Time out~

Metagame Intruder

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I CANNOT understand how the community is just dandy with testing this, but 90% of regions refuse to test MK bans.
see what san said pretty much, thats the sad part about it. Tho i agree with ya

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Seriously though, you guys are willing to change a ton of match-ups, but removing one character is a mind-boggling offense?

MAKES NO SENSE.

Edit: Testing stuff in friendlies is not the same, by your own logic. You can't get many TRUE conclusions about the metagame without implementing such a sweeping change in a tournament environment.

SuSa

You can test 1.1 by yourself or in friendlies. You can only test an MK ban by obtaining data over a set amount of time only through tournament.. This is more akin to how people treat an AT or trick over an MK ban..
You can test aspects of 1.1 by yourself or in friendlies. You have no idea how it will effect the game unless you analyze and play every possible matchup.

Banning MK means you're not really testing anything. You're just needing to learn a larger variety of matchups, and learn material already present in the game.

In fact, banning MK is actually less work than this is. It doesn't require any testing by yourself, as the results are fairly obvious. You won't be fighting Mk anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom