• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT - Edmonton, Alberta - July 12, 08

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
As I will be doing many a road trippin' in the last three weeks of July, I was originally considering possibly making it up for this and then head to the west coast for the remainder of my vacation.

However, it has occurred to me that since I'm driving west anyway, it makes a heckuva lot more sense to go to SFU instead.

I wish y'all the best for this event--I hope it's a successful first venture. I look forward to a few videos if you have the facility with which to create them and if not, well, I look forward to the results anyway.

EDIT: Brawl sucks.

EDIT 2: Haha, just kidding. That wasn't an edit.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Carl you won't win singles.

I gaurantee it.

But I'd prefer not opener, just because I liked to be warmed up.

That and I STILL don't know how Im even getting there...

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Carl you won't win singles.

I gaurantee it.

But I'd prefer not opener, just because I liked to be warmed up.

That and I STILL don't know how Im even getting there...
he'll have a better chance than you!

OH SNAP

Alphicans

Smash Hero
money match should be opening event
brad will shit his pants if i win singles right before the mm
I lol'd big time when I saw this, but I think the event will be a nice closer for brawl. It will make it so brawl is out of the wii's and melee is in, so no one will be playing, and will watch this instead, it's just better timing.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Luke's got a good plan with that. He really does.

Also, Tyson, are you still not able to make it? if so I might get second next to Dan =P

Bring it on Sid, I never played you in tournament, only the night before when you didnt say who your main was

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
Brawl singles at 3? Should be workable for me.

Hopefully I won't have too many communication issues at this to set up tourney matches/friendlies!(I'm deaf)

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
Luke's got a good plan with that. He really does.

Also, Tyson, are you still not able to make it? if so I might get second next to Dan =P

Bring it on Sid, I never played you in tournament, only the night before when you didnt say who your main was
We'll keep it at that.

kithkin

Smash Champion
lol I gaurantee dan WONT get second place.

I dunno about Geed, he might get second, but my honest bet is someone who didnt even place top 5 last time will get 2nd.

Why? because. And Luke, LOL!

Oh and DMK. I apologize in advance if I forget that! You'll need to wear something significant that way I don't forget who you are. (I honestly forgot a lot of people part way through the tournament. I mean, I remembered them, but theres always a moment of... wait who am I MMing?)

edit: You can talk though right?

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
lOh and DMK. I apologize in advance if I forget that! You'll need to wear something significant that way I don't forget who you are. (I honestly forgot a lot of people part way through the tournament. I mean, I remembered them, but theres always a moment of... wait who am I MMing?)

edit: You can talk though right?
Nope I don't talk. Long story.

I'll be easy enough to pick out, though. I always wear a tan ballcap with a G on the front. If at any point anyone wants a friendly(mainly Brawl), just find me and poke me to play :)

I also carry pen and paper all the time for when I need to talk to someone and vice versa. Just motion for it.

Anoir

Smash Rookie
I'd love to have a couple friendlies DMK.

Also the schedule looks pretty good to me. I've been to the Glenora community hall and I know what you guys mean about the childrens painting all over the walls.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Wow I find the whole concept of being deaf, and going to an event like this pretty amazing. I just couldn't imagine playing smash brothers and not hearing:" FALCON PUNCH!!!!!" And I never thought of it before, but yeah the internet certainly takes that disability away which is cool. The internet is so great huh? I look forward to meeting you, and trying to communicate :)

Levi5

Smash Ace
tl;dr I've been gone a week can someone ellaborate this spam into a single post using like less than 4 words? thx

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter because we need more! I won't tell you how many we need, I will tell you when there is enough because that way ppl aren't like "Oh they only need that many more, mine as well not bring 1," so if you have a TV BRING IT.

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
I look forward to playing all of you :)

Also, I should be able to bring a TV but only from 3 pm on and only if someone is willing to pick me and it up from my house and drop off afterwards. My house is a very short distance away from ADAT(Queen Mary Park) so it wouldn't be a big problem.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
How far is your house away? And how big is the TV? Maybe Luke and I would be able to walk there and help you carry the TV if it isn't too far of a distance / too heavy of a TV. Also, when are you leaving?

Top Bottom