• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ADAT - Edmonton, Alberta - July 12, 08

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
My place is on 115 Street - a bit too far for a walk while carrying a TV :)

The TV isn't very large - small enough for one person to carry, but large enough to see what's going on when smashing(unless you're on new pork city - ugh).

I should be able to get off work at 2 pm. If someone helps, I could be there at 2:30 or so.

Levi5

Smash Ace
Spam maps is a palindrome.

kithkin

Smash Champion
I know, he's really bad at discouraging us.

I dedicated all of my recent posts to HELPING but it keeps becoming A victor tournament.

I'm giving up.

kithkin

Smash Champion
You actually edited the caps?

lol Victor, you didnt even SHOW UP >_> I'm allowed to make a few jokes.

I'd say alex tournament, but it wasn't cancelled yet =3

Frio

Smash Champion
Anyone still looking for a melee doubles partner cause I'm still single

EDIT: Levi are we still up for the M2 Ditto coin match for 1 cent best out of 5

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I know, he's really bad at discouraging us.

I dedicated all of my recent posts to HELPING but it keeps becoming A victor tournament.

I'm giving up.

Oh really? look at page 34, you and Levi, and even Carl the whole page of spam! I think Tyler has stopped a lot of it actually, although I don't find it that huge of a deal. I only find it irritating when checking the boards and seeing a new post only to see it's spam. I don't think you're helping and Levi is really being a ****. Stop...

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Metah I hope you win the whole thing, and then tell everyone they should train more or else they will lose every time. I actually haven't really touched brawl since CT4 except for at Sid's house :(. I've been nerding it up with tooooooo much SC

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
So I'm not sure that I'm coming to this after all, or any Brawl tourney for that matter.

In my 'training' using both SWFFF and Allisbrawl, I have gotten soundly beaten in every single one of my matches. I'm not kidding when I say I haven't won a single set in over TWO MONTHS of playing those opponents.

I don't expect to win all the time. But you'd think that after two months I would at least be able to put up a good fight. Most of my losses come with the opponent at high % and 2 stocks.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
a couple things about that

1. brawl sux
2. online sux way more than brawl
3. most of the people on the sites you listed are also trying to improve, and probably have been playing longer and with more vigor than you. I'd suggest travelling to this tournament and exposing yourself to different playstyles offline, losing a whole bunch, and watching the final matches between some of the better players.

=dont give up

@ Brad: by the way, i just realized i placed higher than you at ct4 brawl singles. I dunno where all this cockyness comes from if i got a higher placing in the first place LOL

DMK.

Smash Journeyman
That's probably it. ****ed teenagers with nothing to do but brawl all day long :( With full time work and upcoming night classes plus all my friends and committments I can't play as much as they do.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
You don't need to play all day long to get good. Once you develop a good playstyle and you know character-specific techniques and general ATs, you'll only need to play once every few days.

kithkin

Smash Champion
Its easy to get better at brawl.

Also Carl, the cockyness never was there, my initial statement wasn't supposed to be taken offenseively, but it was.

I only purposely got cocky AFTER the MM was schedualed because its for fun.

Also, Alll me doing bad in singles did was make me want pools so its not ********.

Metah

Smash Rookie
Gee, I didn't mean to cause such a ****storm :X

I've been practicing in Wi-Fi and offline matches, but not all the time, lol. I work full time and hang out with my friends and stuff like that a lot too. Plus, I just got Megaman Star Force 2, and I'm still working on MGS3: Snake Eater <_<

Tyson651

Smash Lord
That's probably it. ****ed teenagers with nothing to do but brawl all day long :( With full time work and upcoming night classes plus all my friends and committments I can't play as much as they do.
nahh

im a full-time university student, i have a girlfriend, and friends.

yet i still pull 3rd place.

im sure theres a whole lot of other people who played like 4 times as much as me, and didnt place higher than me.

what im trying to say is, even without having much free time, as long as u have the confidence and play to have fun, placing high wont really matter, but getting better does.

when u look at it in the positive sense, ull do great, dont worry about being crap. everyone starts somewhere. :)

and the only way to get better FAST is to play with others. if u're spending ur time playing against comps, it'll take u a million years before u can reach an equivalent skill level of someone who attended a couple of tourneys.

Top Bottom