• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Active Player Thread: Ones who does not have Triforce can't go in

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
if you can't out prioritize him don't try run away and needle. kirby's move speed is so slow. if/wwhen he messes up a bair punish him with combo strings.

uair wrecks cuz his dair is so slow/impractile. in fact as long as he isn't facing away from you you're speed is too much for him. you also have your grab as a safe mix in.

Kirbies close range game is amazing, his long range/ mid range sucks. take advantage of that and win don't give him his strength...

Dcold

Smash Lord
Hit Down-B, lol.

Hi, I'm picking up Sheik because I finally decided I had a decent enough Zelda to warrant investing in learning the full dual character.

Got my DACUS down, although it sucks having yet another tap jump off scheme complicating Up-Bs OoS.

*~*~*~

But again... on the Kirby matchup... I hate to parrot what's current, but vertical spacing might be very relevant here. Sheik has not only great fall speed, but I think the fastest rising speed in the cast (maybe a spacey). We don't outrange Kirbs, but if he comes in the air, can we not try to bait a laggy aerial? And, we've got an awesome crouch; if Kirby accounts for it, can't Sheik screw with him then?

Here's hoping a jacket glitch fixes the matchup, lol.
I use dacus with tap jump on, i rarely ever miss dacus' too. You can dacus with TJ on, not even harder imo.

Judo777

Smash Master
if you can't out prioritize him don't try run away and needle. kirby's move speed is so slow. if/wwhen he messes up a bair punish him with combo strings.

uair wrecks cuz his dair is so slow/impractile. in fact as long as he isn't facing away from you you're speed is too much for him. you also have your grab as a safe mix in.

Kirbies close range game is amazing, his long range/ mid range sucks. take advantage of that and win don't give him his strength...
Problem is kirbys bair has a downward hitbox too he can out prioritize ur utilt with bair lol.

More importantly guys something very cool happened. I was screwing around with chain jacket to see how well it edge guards with wind. So far i only tested against jiggs and it has no chance of gimping her. But more importantly while still in the wind jacketed chain when my opponent stepped behind me there was a small hitbox at about fsmash range (so quite a bit back there) that was dealing 3 damage. it was hitting inspite of the chain being no where near him. We double checked to make sure i was still in the wind jack and i was. Comments?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
utilt is unvulnerable on her leg you beat every one above you with that unless it's like a gDub or a meta down air. people with a sword longer than you leg.

uair's "disjoint", what I think you meant is good enough to get around the minimal over lap from bair if thats what you meant.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Strangest thing happened.
My foe air dodged into my DSmash and on the last hit on the back hit box near the top of Sheiks thigh she spiked someone into the pit.
I didn't get it recorded, but I thought y'all might want to know.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
I use dacus with tap jump on, i rarely ever miss dacus' too. You can dacus with TJ on, not even harder imo.
Oh, right, I meant with my stock control scheme that has R on Attack. I have Tap jump Off with that, for Link.

If I set up another control scheme just for Sheik, I'd have four freaking schemes I have to put into a machine every time I play in a tournament.

I don't find myself tap jumping with Sheik, and happily, not Zelda either. Plus it helps SDI anyway.

iLight

Smash Lord
i didn't get a chance to discuss i was playing his zss, then i look away and i was playing his sheik, and he was like i love doing these... so i was just like whatever, then he f-tilt locked me and i was sad

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Chat's somewhat active at the moment if anybody feels like steppin in for a but feel free to do so:)

-dMT-

Smash Lord
You know how I know these Power Rankings are gonna be inaccurate. Different regions among themselves have different levels of skill overall. Basically being ranked #1 in one state/region could very well be worse than simply being an Honorary Member in another. Now, taking that into account would be necessary for any form of accuracy, but it's also incredibly difficult to do so if even possible.

That's why a PR for a character would be... meaningless in detail, unless the panel were to chose a top 5, all of which are in NO particular order. So, being #1 is an ideal that can never truly be obtained, but only be achieved through recognition, fame, and well..popularity lol

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Basically being ranked #1 in one state/region could very well be worse than simply being an Honorary Member in another.
Hell no unless we're talking about New Jersey. If you're ranked #1 in your state's PR as Sheik than you're doing something right.

Only exception would be like Colorado(they're horrible).

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
<3 really wants that title of best Sheik haha xD jp.
yeah. kinda~

You know how I know these Power Rankings are gonna be inaccurate. Different regions among themselves have different levels of skill overall. Basically being ranked #1 in one state/region could very well be worse than simply being an Honorary Member in another. Now, taking that into account would be necessary for any form of accuracy, but it's also incredibly difficult to do so if even possible.

That's why a PR for a character would be... meaningless in detail, unless the panel were to chose a top 5, all of which are in NO particular order. So, being #1 is an ideal that can never truly be obtained, but only be achieved through recognition, fame, and well..popularity lol
Kinda true too~

Really though I wanna meet him and see if he can show me stuff I don't know. not doing any sheik dittos those are so gay. 2tilt matches are even worse what sheik does two tilts in a real match.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
@dMT: do well at a national. Then you're the best sheik.

*sneaks behind Tristan and ftilt locks him to death* Son.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Hell no unless we're talking about New Jersey. If you're ranked #1 in your state's PR as Sheik than you're doing something right.

Only exception would be like Colorado(they're horrible).
NY and NJ have much higher standards than most of the country. Also overall east coast >> west coast. These are facts. Just saying.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
How bout y'all just organize a few tiers instead of actual rankings.

There's no way a list would be very accurate.

Dcold

Smash Lord
NY and NJ have much higher standards than most of the country. Also overall east coast >> west coast. These are facts. Just saying.
Definately, look at some other states compared to ours. Our smash scene is so big, only the really good players are even noted. Our HM's can probably beat some other states' PR. And our non HM players, can beat other states' HM players. EC > WC.

GG sir.

clowsui

Smash Legend
LOL @ the amount of bias dmt has

cali ohio tx fl all have the same frequency of tourneys as tristate, fl maybe on the less side than the other three. you'd be a ******* to think that other regions aren't as competitive or as high standard as ny/nj

pound 4 will show u guys that

-dMT-

Smash Lord
LOL @ the amount of bias dmt has

cali ohio tx fl all have the same frequency of tourneys as tristate, fl maybe on the less side than the other three. you'd be a ******* to think that other regions aren't as competitive or as high standard as ny/nj

pound 4 will show u guys that
It's not bias sir. It's accepted widely by people of many regions, and not only NY/NJ. NY/NJ has the most representation in high placement in national tournaments. On top of this the Eastern states dominate the Western states in said tournaments. Name all the national best players you know, and put down the state they live in and have lived in in the last 3 years or so, and put them all on a map if you wish.

Disregarding this difference, and saying that region has no effect would be ignorant.

My point simply is, a character themed PR would be superfluous and inaccurate in detail, but can be displayed as tiers, in which players of the same tier would not be placed in any particular order.

This is my opinion and I would only like for the Panel to consider my words; nothing more, nothing less.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
hmm... light is coming up here today I think too I wanna see his sheik in action.

4 sheiks in one place... crazy~

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
somebody's gonna be doing **** loads of testing soon with the frame by frame hack, isn't he? lol

@dmt: I don't know what you really mean. =/ Most of us have players in our region to make it pretty clear if we're godly, average, or ****. Its not about where you place, but who you beat and lose too. I really don't see a point to tiers or ranking in groups.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Basically what I'm saying is if one person gets ranked 1st in a PR in.. what..Iowa lol... thats like wow.. 1st place! He must be awesome. He beat <name here> former first in Iowa and blah blah....

but in reality this person most likely would get schooled by a simple honorary member in NJ.

The fact that there isn't a lot of data to compare top players in different regions to one another makes it hard to compare sheiks in different regions to one another.

That's the point I was making.

-------------------------------

Also, Tristan. heard you played LucarioOwl on wifi.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
So I've heard that the japan Wifi is tons better than US wifi... do you think it would be possible to make your own wifi server for brawl, and hack the system with gecko or something to make it connect to it? It might just allow a better connection that would massively reduce wifi lag, and make wifi much more viable for having top players compete from state to state. I understand that owning a server costs money, but if you keep it small (it wouldn't have to be big, because it would not be a public server, but a private one) it wouldn't be too expensive. It'd probably be really complicated though, huh? I really don't know too much about this, but it's just an idea.

Top Bottom