• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
so i guess it'd have to be snakes[diamond back] and spiders[black widow] then, plenty of that jazz out west

possibly even my avatar since blackchu is quite creepy

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Since I haven't done it yet:

Mizuumicon 2
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9705363
February 27
Out out 32
2nd/3rd - Espy (Sonic)

Prime and I tied for 2nd/3rd and split the cash due to time constraints. I'm put third on the placings in the thread because I agreed to allow Prime above me in the results posted because he had beaten me in winner's bracket, and were about to play in loser's before we had to shut down the event.

Got another tournament this weekend, so wish me luck on that one as well!!

Oh, and I'll be updating this and the video threads within the next day or two.

BTW, the collapse tags are working again. This pleases me.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Hi sonic boards, I'm new to the IRL smash scene and I was wondering if I could set up any friendlies/MM with any sonic mains going to HOBO 23 in the 6th. Its gonna be my first tournament, so I wanna make sure I can get some serious matches in after I drown in pools.

P.S. Is this not the place to ask a question like this?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
This would be the right place.

Edit:

Vegassmash Gameworld weekly #34 [Yeah boi~!]
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8978
Febuary 28th, 2010
Out of 15: 7th - Kinzer(Sonic) | 13th - Tails(Sonic)

You know, for coming back from a 3 week hiatus, I expected to do worse than normally.

Instead I proceed to Three Stock Xero's LOLimar 2nd match, and the third match I 2-stocked him, but he messed up that first stock. :( First match was super close, but I lost that.

What happened after that? Augh, I remember, I barely lost to Z. I could've won but I played too relaxed. Maybe if I actually tried I'll be able to win.

Then I beat Miniboss. Only because he went Mario though, blah. I want to beat his Meta Knight. :/

At least I managed to beat Jew's MK though... mmm, only the first match though; it really ******** after that. I hope because Vegassmash is such a scrubby scene when it comes to the stagelist, that somebody QQs about getting Rainbow Cruise banned, that way I'll never have to worry about MK on that stage, and I can ban Brinstar so that eliminates the stages that I moreorless have auto-lose against Meta Knight. It's dumb though, He CP me to Brinstar because I banned Rainbow thinking he would stay MK, but instead he brings back G&W from the dead. I'm starting to think that I should ban Brinstar and learn the MK Matchup on Rainbow. At least there I can play keep-away if needed, Brinstar is just all kinds of dumb. and unfortunately YI didn't work out as I wanted. I had to learn the hard-way that it only works against non-spammy MKs who don't mash that B button like Kens do with their Shoryukens. Of course he banned FD because he knows that's where I had the best chance. Smashville is probably the best CP I have now, that platform can make recovery for me easier, and we all already know it doesn't affect MK because that MFer already comes back from anything.

Tails didn't do as well though. C'mon buddy, you can't let this sort of thing get you down, you have to keep trying to play as well as try to get better. :< I have been in the Vegassmash community for more than a year and look where I am still. It takes so long to get good with Sonic, and becoming a success with Sonic~! It's so satisfying though once it starts to pay off.

Meh, I wanted to MM SK92 at first, but I was told that if I already struggle to beat somebody else's Falco there's no hope for me. I knew that sort of, but I mainly wanted to do it to get recorded, but he didn't seem interested in $5. Oh well, then I wanted to rematch Z but he was busy playing matches and the TO would've got pissed at me. :X Oh, and I had that usual 7 P.M. curfue... thanks Dad.

That's all I have to say this time around. I'll see if I can stay consistent this next time around.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Tough tourney. ~_~ thanks kupo. SonicMaster5th curse strikes again omg. :psycho:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267936
(out of 33)
5th=SonicMaster/Speed (9.25$ All Sonic) :sonic:
17th=Shadofiend (Scourge/Falco)

25th=BionicSonic(MK/GnW/Metal Sonic)

Eh, i got lucky. Walking fsmash shouldnt work. Boss went GnW for some reason when i somehow beat his luigi...and i won that. Im saying Takeover didnt know the Matchup that well prolly, and thats why he lost. Extreme luck on 2-0ing them both. extreeeeeeeeeeeme luck. Kupo, i dont think i saved any matches. Sowwyyyy :(

EDIT: Finally made money!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Apparently Espy just won the St. Phillips tournament over K Prime and Hylian (who he beat in two sets)! He just lucky I wasn't there, is all.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Apparently Espy just won the St. Phillips tournament over K Prime and Hylian (who he beat in two sets)! He just lucky I wasn't there, is all.
cool!!!! link the results thread please?

and speed, 2-0ing someone isn't luck, even if its close, unless they like, tripped into all of your kill moves lol. you had to do a lot of out playing to beat Boss and takeover but i can respect your not getting the big head over it. good stuff sonic mains.

ESPY!!! did you get the diddy naner lock with sonic on any of those toruneys?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yep. He played amazingly well, I've never been so impressed or hardpressed to keep up with him. I don't understand how he got so much better in a matter of days but whatever. I like the challenge :p.

___X___

Smash Lord
Hey guys! just got back from another tournament! took first again!!! So i think around the end of this month im gonna be Running around the usa looking for a lot of big tournaments!!!! :)

Trent

Smash Champion
Good **** Speed and Espy. :)

To tired to post official results, I'll do it tomorrow or something, but ended up getting 17th at HOBO out of 38. First round against Dao and I lost and soon after fought Roy and lost. Man I played like crap yesterday.

Off to my airplane to head back to Nebraska.

Tesh

Smash Hero
HOBO 23
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267721
3-6-2010
Out of 38 entrants
13th-16th , Tesh , All Sonic

First tournament, as well as my first matches offline. Got a really lucky seed and a couple of easy wins. After I lost to Xyro I spent the remainder of the tournament playing brawl +.

Overall alot of fun.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Good stuff guys! :D

Upper half of results ftw

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
1. I dont think dojo plays anymore.

2. dojo wasnt even at that tourney.

3. i dont think I saw any mks in the top 8 for that tourney.

4. Snakes either....

5. GDI no wonder sonic won that tourney.

EDIT
My bad, there was one half a snake there.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, because Peach, Pikachu, Ice Climbers and G&W are oh so much easier to handle, right?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
lol.

Well, I'll keep winning my "easy" tournaments then. You can do the same up the-
Sorry, I couldn't finish that sentence without laughing.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
oh HO

youre so clever...

shut it.

im running one this weekend so we'll see what happens. looks like were going to have some really skilled players from NYC there too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
oh HO

youre so clever...

shut it.

im running one this weekend so we'll see what happens. looks like were going to have some really skilled players from NYC there too.
Good luck then. No excuses.

Try doing it going all Sonic. It's super duper fun.

Trent

Smash Champion
I've gone all Sonic to every tournament I've ever been too.

It's really amazing and you get like +5000 Steak points. All the people at the tournament think you'll counterpick too and call you an idiot for not. LOVE IT.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
oh HO

youre so clever...

shut it.

Is Wes going? He is NYC, right?

Good luck then. No excuses.

Try doing it going all Sonic. It's super duper fun. But its super hard to do.
fix'd. :sonic: too fun though.

Omg Daddy Espy and Uncle Kid going at it?!?! Malcolm should come in any moment now.. This is delicious!!! YES! SEY!
its not fun when my dad fights. :( also, i agree with your last comment.

im about to bust out a crazy counterpick. I honestly cant go sonic for an entire tournament due to my own add or w/e
You should try it once though. Its fuuuuun. :( or if you really want that surefire win, get that CP. Can you get some vids too? i wanna see who that CP is. o:

I've gone all Sonic to every tournament I've ever been too.

It's really amazing and you get like +5000 Steak points. All the people at the tournament think you'll counterpick too and call you an idiot for not. LOVE IT.
This times 1000. :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Don't worry guys. I think we figured out that Kid isn't good.

Top Bottom