• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
We have nothing to worry about here.

Even with CPing, KID still loses to Pikachu/Ike/Snake.

Go on, move along, nothing (new) to see here people; that goes for me too.

I hope there's a tournament this next Sunday. Last Sunday was silly, just 6 people and the TO decided not to have anything because it would've been dumb.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hey guys! just got back from another tournament! took first again!!! So i think around the end of this month im gonna be Running around the usa looking for a lot of big tournaments!!!! :)
Care to post up the results? I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and the thread is updated. Lots of new stuff.

Also, remember to post what tournaments you may be attending next!!

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Care to post up the results? I'd appreciate it.

Oh, and the thread is updated. Lots of new stuff.

Also, remember to post what tournaments you may be attending next!!

Brawl Singles
1: X ($36.00)
2: Yaz ($18.00)
3: Sinz ($6.00)
4: Lada
5: C!Z
5: Red Dog
7: Zz
7: DS4
9: Rockmix
9: Zeth
9: Gkirbz
9: DZLE
13: Serve

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Brawl Singles
1: X ($36.00)
2: Yaz ($18.00)
3: Sinz ($6.00)
4: Lada
5: C!Z
5: Red Dog
7: Zz
7: DS4
9: Rockmix
9: Zeth
9: Gkirbz
9: DZLE
13: Serve
Can you also provide the name, date, and a link to the tournament?
You need at least a name and date so that I can properly add it in.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Unless I'm given a number, I'm to assume that there was only 8 entrants at the event. If not, just give me a heads up.

Otherwise, it's been added.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Just got back from Level up!: Ultimate Gaming Zone...waiting on the results.

I'll just say what happened until then...and if i cant get the results in time, it'll be in the tourney results thread soon. :/

I did stupid at this tourney. Like....In teams, i teamed with Takeover, and we were rapin with Sonic/Snake. But vs Candy/Korn (Snake/MK), a rogue grenade killed takeover. And i cant hold up vs them two in a 2v1. We had beaten Tant and B (double MK), first match i screwed up and takeo had to 2v1 double metas. It was close, but takeo raaped. they cpd brinstar and we did good there and won.

So we were advancing in losers, and wouldnt you know it we'd have to play Neo/Deez (marth/diddy) deez was playing reeaallly well it was scary. It was down to last stocks high %'s. Takeo had freakin told me to not go after Neo, but i didnt listen and got greedy trying to kill neo, so diddy glide tossed down and dsmashed me uugh, with takeo dying soon after. 5th place cause i messed up. :l

Singles started with pools...i had Logic (crazy oli dude), BMX (wario), bonk( IC's) BetaZealot (falco) and kenny (pika/snake). Vs beta, it was a harsh fight, but i 2-0d him. BMX's wario *****, but he cpd rainbow and he fell to his death cause the little respawning platform gayed him so i 2-1'd him. Bonk was IC's and man they were tough. 1 grab was all it took, and when he cpd halberd, i had to time him out. :( 2-0d. Logic was uuugh, first round i won with spring stage spikes. Second, he bf ***** me, and third round he didnt ban YI, so i took it. :/ first seed in pools. (luuuuck)

brackets was ugh, lost to boss in a close round 3. should have springed but i took the road to airdodge and that ad didnt come out. sooo, i had to fight Pink Fresh who also beat me because he fights Sonics all the time. it was close, but not enough. He's my new crewmate should i add. :/ 13th place.

I just need to get better...kojin(who also came to this tourney and *****) said i was playing perfectly, but idk, i messed up here. nothing to do but to get better i guess. *shrug*

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So, I didn't win a tournament, but I won my school's talent show. gg y'all.

Vid is up in the SGD.

:093:

infomon

Smash Scientist
Singles started with pools...i had Logic (crazy oli dude), BMX (wario), bonk( IC's) BetaZealot (falco) and kenny (pika/snake). Vs beta, it was a harsh fight, but i 2-0d him. BMX's wario *****, but he cpd rainbow and he fell to his death cause the little respawning platform gayed him so i 2-1'd him. Bonk was IC's and man they were tough. 1 grab was all it took, and when he cpd halberd, i had to time him out. :( 2-0d. Logic was uuugh, first round i won with spring stage spikes. Second, he bf ***** me, and third round he didnt ban YI, so i took it. :/ first seed in pools. (luuuuck)
Wow, good stuff :o

BSP

Smash Legend
Death Valley Brawl 2

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268853

3/13/10

Out of 18

1: Lee Martin ($54.00) :metaknight: / :diddy:
2: Hyro ($27.00) :toonlink:
3: JNig ($9.00) :warioc:
4: Blaino :zerosuitsamus: / :pikachu2:
5: BSP :sonic:
5: Zigsta :pt:
7: Tyler :marth:
7: Eazy :metaknight:

I did ok. I almost got 4th, but lost to zamus (I could've won, it was pretty even. Phantom hit on match two cost me the set.../johns). Wish I could go to more tourneys :embarrass

___X___

Smash Lord
But when her smile came back, and I didn't feel half as horrible.... She gave me a heart attack, just because she looked so ADORABLE!!!! :colorful:

Trent

Smash Champion

NO KOAST v3
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=268918
March 13th-14th
Out of 44
25th - Trent(Sonic)

So um, I'm not even IN the results thread(?) I'm hoping they'd fix it, but I only got 25th so doesn't really matter that hard.

Got 4th out of 9 spots in Seeding matches (Ally dominated me with Captain Falcon first match, then I almost beat his Snake, I think I got lucky.)

Beat S-Word(Wolf)
Lost to Chuck Nasty(Meta Knight)
Lost to DegynSefer(Lucario)

I was being super agro against Lucario, I don't know why. I felt like I was reading him, yet I wouldn't expect his FSmash to stay out that long. I need me some Lucario MU Experience.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Speed, is that how many people made it into the pro-bracket, or how many people came in total? @.@

Uhm anyway, I entered the weekly tournament here last week, but because there were so few entrants compared to what we normally get, the TO decided to do the bracket on paper and seed however he felt like. Single Elim too, since he apparently didn't feel like sticking around for too long.

I lost to the Jew yet again, except this time it's only because I got too impatient and didn't really play to get further into the bracket. I would've lost right after anyway, since we'd have to play SK92 next. I at least happened to record the whole set, you'll all see that I improved in that B-Spam MU. FFFFFFF first match. FFFFFFFF G&W's dumb *** @#$% smash attacks. I've had enough, next time I play him seriously I'm going to take him out, I need to stop sandbagging when I can actually win.

We had a $1 Random character banned stages tourney for lulz. I need to work my random, I am horribad with any character that isn't Sonic in a semi-serious environment. Ironic seeing as how everybody seemed to random Sonic at least once.

Tails wasn't there, too tired from a last-minute trip to L.A. to go to a bus faire. I wish he was there though, I want to practice MOAR DUBZ. I had to play with Kita, but that wasn't so bad. That Anubis strat is so legit as long as I can hold that stock before he gets killed. I wonder if I ought to start hurting/hitting him to help him die faster and I just run around and look pretty after.

Watch this you guys, you're gonna love my nuts I'll make y'all proud. I'm going to go to OoS tourneys in my senior year; I'm feeling so confident that I can do junk now.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
Speed, is that how many people made it into the pro-bracket, or how many people came in total? @.@

FFFFFFF

Watch this you guys, You're gonna love my nuts! I'll make y'all proud. I'm going to go to OoS tourneys in my senior year; I'm feeling so confident that I can do junk now.
it was pools, and thats how many made it out. I wanna go to OoS tourneys...im a senior and still gets johns. :/

Can't do that without a martini, fredichini, linguini, bikini. looooooool vince youtube poops too good.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
-BOOST IX (Unrestricted tiers)
-http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185358&page=296
- March 14th, 2010
-Out of 31
-5th - Meteor Master (Sonic)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Just got back from a tournament on Thursday (I know, weird). Just 21 people, but I got me 1st place.
It was nice.

I'll put up results later.

Ciro67

Smash Cadet
What's the largest tournament ever that a Sonic has placed first in? In other words, the largest/most attended tournament ever where Sonic placed first?

Just curious.

Trent

Smash Champion
I was bored so I decided to look on the first page.

Looks like Shugo back in July of 2009. Placed first at Test Your Might VI out of 54 people.

(I only counted results where they JUST went Sonic, and not like used Sonic in one or two rounds)

Trent

Smash Champion

Iowa's Bi-Weekly #4
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176740&page=1287
March 20th
Out of 25
2nd - Trent (Sonic)
5th - Mushroomring (Sonic)

Sonics ***** this tourney, 'twas awesome. I also got first place in low tier singles out of 19 since they allowed Sonic..

Made $49 over all.

Beat Ptato (Meta Knight)
Beat Twink (Marth)
Beat Razor (Dedede) EDIT-His username is Pariah now
Beat Mushroomring (Sonic)
Beat Jlo (Peach) in Winner's Finals
Lost to Joker (Snake) in Grand Finals both sets.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord

Iowa's Bi-Weekly #4
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176740&page=1287
March 20th
Out of 25
2nd - Trent (Sonic)
5th - Mushroomring (Sonic)

Sonics ***** this tourney, 'twas awesome. I also got first place in low tier singles out of 19 since they allowed Sonic..

Made $49 over all.

Beat Ptato (Meta Knight)
Beat Twink (Marth)
Beat Razor (Dedede)
Beat Mushroomring (Sonic)
Beat Jlo (Peach) in Winner's Finals
Lost to Joker (Snake) in Grand Finals both sets.
fixed

We had to Sonic ditto TWICE in this tourney, once in low tiers and once in regular singles. It was the worst thing ever.

Good job with 2nd man.

Trent

Smash Champion
I felt like I was forgetting someone..

All of my matches with MR and Joker consisted of Final Destination as well.

Top Bottom