• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Trent, I apologize for not being able to make it.
Now I feel **** awful.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You're our only hope Trent. Wreck their faces good.

I think Mr. 3000 was still going though.

Trent

Smash Champion
Coolio. Was hopefully going to get critiqued by other Sonics to help improve and such, but just playing a completely different region will help enough.

Mr.3000's going too?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I think so. It's what Xyro told me.

And if not, Trent, I'd recommend talking to Hylian and Phantom X if they show to HOBO23. They probably know Sonic the best out of all of the Southwest in terms of fighting them.

If not, just run around and play some people. Nothing's better than OoS experience.

Trent

Smash Champion
So went to Nakakon a couple of days ago and entered their fail tourney that was FINAL DESTINATION ONLY.

It was best 1 of 1 including finals, and I suicided twice against my friend since we were hyping the crap out of it and I lost my focus. :laugh:

Got a $25 gift card to Best Buy for beating a bunch of nubz and getting 2nd, so whatever.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Aw mang, Trent just got styled on by the other Sonics >_> gg guys..

Man, I wish I lived in Cali...that's the place to be.

:093:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
People dropped like flies, Axis.

We're all going to WHOBO2 instead. Though I'm not so sure about X.

Guys, we need to make a mock TSBR at WHOBO2.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
I need to make sure everything is 110% in place for Whobo...money/tickets all that. Because you know there are certain games coming out in the timeframe. Just got Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing. :p

But if me and Bionic can make it, Espy, you're teaching me how to not suck with :sonic:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Speed, don't be dumb.

Video games aren't going anywhere. Those games will be available for purchase AFTER you're done with WHOBO2.

WHOBO2 is a once in a lifetime thing. Sure, you could go to a possible WHOBO3...
...but WHOBO3 =/= WHOBO2.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
*sigh*, my results came in today from the Gameworld tournament

VegasSmash Gameworld Weekly #33
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8911
February 21, 2010
Out of 11
11th - Tails (Sonic/Toon Link)

I know I shouldn't use a put a character that I didn't win a match with, but what's the difference if I got dead last?

Due to Melee, there was no amateur bracket so I couldn't have a chance to make up what happened. Just to make it really short, I lost to Grek and his Wario again and lost to Ozzy and his Meta Knight. I did use Toon Link against Grek in one match. *sigh*...I got to stop using Toon Link and just stick with Sonic. I got to be slapped next time I use Toon Link in tourneys. I really wish someone was there to slap me for using Toon Link in that match. *sigh*...Hopefully next week I'll do better.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Speed, don't be dumb.

Video games aren't going anywhere. Those games will be available for purchase AFTER you're done with WHOBO2.

WHOBO2 is a once in a lifetime thing. Sure, you could go to a possible WHOBO3...
...but WHOBO3 =/= WHOBO2.
I meant financially. @.@
Sure the games will be there, but can i buy them? These trips cost alot.

Speed's already makin dumb choices lol.
Never said i wasnt going, i was just mentioning the money issues kinda.

Lolsonicfanboy
Proud of it. Umad.

If we go, Espy, you had better show up to Apex 2010 =(
^^^^^^^

when/where is Apex, and who hosts it?
Its sometime in august...Alex Strife is hosting it in NJ.

*sigh*, my results came in today from the Gameworld tournament

VegasSmash Gameworld Weekly #33
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8911
February 21, 2010
Out of 11
11th - Tails (Sonic/Toon Link)

I know I shouldn't use a put a character that I didn't win a match with, but what's the difference if I got dead last?

Due to Melee, there was no amateur bracket so I couldn't have a chance to make up what happened. Just to make it really short, I lost to Grek and his Wario again and lost to Ozzy and his Meta Knight. I did use Toon Link against Grek in one match. *sigh*...I got to stop using Toon Link and just stick with Sonic. I got to be slapped next time I use Toon Link in tourneys. I really wish someone was there to slap me for using Toon Link in that match. *sigh*...Hopefully next week I'll do better.
Nothing wrong with having a secondary. Wario is uuugh though, he can be a pain. MK...:(

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Why would patience be the key? I think patience is a vague term that Sonic players just toss around once their usual "style" of play fails.

What Kinzer really means, and this is without watching any sort of video, is that you need to stop attacking Wario so blindly. This actually has nothing to do with patience, because patience actually gives the opposing character more chances to land his devastating KO move.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Did...did Malcolm just give ADVICE?

What the ****!?

=====

Speed, money problems are a john in and of itself, but INCLUDING wanting to buy a video game that's STILL going to be available and on shelves after WHOBO2 in your financial problems is a weak excuse. Weaker than a john.

Fake Steak.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Malcolm, help me.

Help me help you to help me by coming to WHOBO2 for Sonic vs. Wario.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ahhhhhhhhhh snap.

I wonder how good AN's troll game is. You better not disappoint.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Did...did Malcolm just give ADVICE?

What the ****!?

=====

Speed, money problems are a john in and of itself, but INCLUDING wanting to buy a video game that's STILL going to be available and on shelves after WHOBO2 in your financial problems is a weak excuse. Weaker than a john.

Fake Steak.
Hmmmmm helping Espy and trolling Shado @ the same time? Sounds enjoyable. I am trying to go. I just gotta work it out financially lol
Ahhhhhhhhhh snap.

I wonder how good AN's troll game is. You better not disappoint.
Umm...so how come he isnt getting the heat? And its not just that, im getting SSF4, Sonic DS Collection or whatever you call it, and I myself have to pay the internet bill and get Sonic 4. Im just saying Espy, im going to be pretty short on money AFTER whobo if me and bionic can go.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You don't have to buy them all in one go, Speed.
Patience comes to those who wait, son.

I just got a PSP, six games, and two GC controllers for like, $150.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
he tells me you are the only thing that makes him want to get better at brawl.

hes the scourge to your sonic, eternal rivals.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
D'oh...kinda forgot that. :/

Im just really trying to improve myself as a player...but honestly, i kinda hate that throw out an attack and hope it hits thing. I wanna be sure that i can read people well...things like, what do they do when i do this?

EDIT: Hey wait a minute, who the heck is everyone else's scourge's? fffffffffffff

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Too late, you're already reserved for me.

Or I can be reserved for you, either way you look at it.

Relevant to the topic: I'm going to be going to Gameworld this Sunday. I haven't had a chance because of funds, and how the TO took Valentine's off because not only was it that day, but it was also his Birthday. What a coincidence. I hope I'm not too rusty...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, speaking of tournaments.

I finally got two to go to, and they're back to back weekends, which makes me :)
I hope I play a Diddy.

First one is this Saturday. Mmhmm.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Too late, you're already reserved for me.

Or I can be reserved for you, either way you look at it.

Relevant to the topic: I'm going to be going to Gameworld this Sunday. I haven't had a chance because of funds, and how the TO took Valentine's off because not only was it that day, but it was also his Birthday. What a coincidence. I hope I'm not too rusty...
You'll be fine. You're freaking Kinzer...just know that if you can hit em, time em out right :)? Tails going with ya?

Yeah, speaking of tournaments.

I finally got two to go to, and they're back to back weekends, which makes me :)
I hope I play a Diddy.

First one is this Saturday. Mmhmm.
Take first dad! You got this.

EDIT: Trent, good luck. I really wish i could have made hobo, but things just got out of proportion. If you can make whobo, we all can meet up. :)

Trent

Smash Champion
I might be going to tournaments back to back to back starting this Saturday :dizzy:

Random tourney 45 minutes away Saturday -> HOBO23 next Saturday -> Joker's Monthly Saturday after.

Top Bottom