• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A week later, you still feel the way you do about the Final Presentation DLC?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, maybe she will get a chance next time. I guess it makes sense now that I think about it.
I dunno. If Smash could add Robin in over Chrom, AND give the options for female Robin and Corrin as well, they'd probably add in Cross over Elma.

Golden's probably right about the advertising thing not being relevant, though. Next Smash, I'm betting it's gonna be Cross.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I dunno. If Smash could add Robin in over Chrom, AND give the options for female Robin and Corrin as well, they'd probably add in Cross over Elma.

Golden's probably right about the advertising thing not being relevant, though. Next Smash, I'm betting it's gonna be Cross.
Elma is the most important character to the story. Robin and especially Corrin unlike Cross are also. Cross just seems to watch stuff happen, really.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I don't think Sakurai suddenly decided to make an advertisement character and then decide on Corrin. It's much more likely he decided on making an advertisement character when the DLC started and planned out everybody else too, besides Bayo for obvious reasons.

How long have those empty slots been hanging around? Since Ryu's release? Wouldn't of surprised me if Corrin were originally going to release alongside the Mario Maker stage, but they decided against it for one reason or another.

I also don't think Elma or Cross had a chance though. Cross is pretty irrelevant all things considered, and Elma would of ended up being even less unique then Corrin since she lacks any defining traits besides the dual swords which has been done by two characters already.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I don't think Sakurai suddenly decided to make an advertisement character and then decide on Corrin. It's much more likely he decided on making an advertisement character when the DLC started and planned out everybody else too, besides Bayo for obvious reasons.

How long have those empty slots been hanging around? Since Ryu's release? Wouldn't of surprised me if Corrin were originally going to release alongside the Mario Maker stage, but they decided against it for one reason or another.

I also don't think Elma or Cross had a chance though. Cross is pretty irrelevant all things considered, and Elma would of ended up being even less unique then Corrin since she lacks any defining traits besides the dual swords which has been done by two characters already.
She could sqitch between dual swords and dual guns somehow. Or use one of those for certain moves and the other set for the rest.

I just want a release date for Corrin and Bayonetta. ;.;

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
She could sqitch between dual swords and dual guns somehow. Or use one of those for certain moves and the other set for the rest.

I just want a release date for Corrin and Bayonetta. ;.;
Somehow? That's what I was getting at... Not a lot of apparent potential. Switching between multiple playstyles has been done in Smash multiple times and it's never been effective.

Before February 19th, which is the release date of Fates and some kind of Bayonetta 2 reprint. Probably going to be a direct and then they're going to come out right after.

Prodigy411

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I liked the presentation. I had my eye on Cloud, but changed to Bayonetta upon seeing her moveset... She is too OP... In fact, I think we have the Meta Knight of Smash 4. Banned in tournements, considered too powerful, just... she's broken. Corrin, maybe not as pleased, but still a cool fighter... My least favorite thing is not a DLC stage

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, I liked the presentation. I had my eye on Cloud, but changed to Bayonetta upon seeing her moveset... She is too OP... In fact, I think we have the Meta Knight of Smash 4. Banned in tournements, considered too powerful, just... she's broken. Corrin, maybe not as pleased, but still a cool fighter... My least favorite thing is not a DLC stage
Meta Knight's moves were fast and strong, Meta Knight had an insane recovery. Meta Knight was small so he was hard to hit.
Bayonetta is pretty damn tall making her easy to hit, Bayonetta's also very light, making it easy to KO her. Bayonetta also has lots of start up, meaning she attacks slowly. Don't compare her to what Meta Knight was

D

Deleted member

The only thing that really made me salty over this final presentation is the lack of this :

:frigate:

Like Delfino Plaza and Halberd, this stage was also one of the few reliable stages back in competitive Brawl, as it could have been chosen as a common counterpick.

Not to mention Frigate Orpheon already had a layout based on the Final Destination's structure, and thus it could have been a considerable gain of time in order to create its Omega form.

Also, it could have been a good move for both cooling down Metroid fans after the Federation Force backlash back to E3 2015 and advertise Metroid's future return, and was also an occasion for including some really missing tracks such as the Opening/Menu medley from the first Metroid Prime but also adding some new like :

- Vs. Metroid Prime (Core)
- Torvus Bog Subterranean Theme
- Vs. Quadraxis
- Vs. Rundas
- Vs. Gandrayda
- Vs. Dark Samus (Prime 3)
- Adam Went Boom ! (the only good track from Other M that isn't a remix)

As disappointing as the lack of :wolf:.

Top Bottom