• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
This guy is so fake. The only reason this hasn't been closed is because some might find it fun to read and discuss.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
If i had to pick a 'prophet' that was my favourite, it'd be this guy.

He's either:

a) completely telling the truth

or;

b) making it up, in which case he is excellent, he hasn't been caught out once yet.

Personally i don't consider the Charizard move a slip up. I mean, he said a different name for it. If i had insider Brawl info and was updating a blog, i doubt i'd be able to actually name the move correctly, i'd just describe it, which is exactly what he's done.

Another think which makes me think twice about him is that while Serebii has debunked practically every other prophet, he's not said a peep about this guy and avoids all questions to do with him.

He's very careful, and that's why i think he's winning my respect out of all the 'prophets' so far. It's going to be interesting to see if anything else he's said so far turns out to be true, or false for that matter.

And if the 3rd party is Capcom, he'd better include Arthur on that, because that would be an amazing addition to the cast.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Eeeehh... A possessed Tortimer by Ganondorf? That's kinda out there. If he were possessed it would be by those primid things. But I'll keep an open mind and still stay tuned to see what happens.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
If i had to pick a 'prophet' that was my favourite, it'd be this guy.

He's either:

a) completely telling the truth

or;

b) making it up, in which case he is excellent, he hasn't been caught out once yet.

Personally i don't consider the Charizard move a slip up. I mean, he said a different name for it. If i had insider Brawl info and was updating a blog, i doubt i'd be able to actually name the move correctly, i'd just describe it, which is exactly what he's done.

Another think which makes me think twice about him is that while Serebii has debunked practically every other prophet, he's not said a peep about this guy and avoids all questions to do with him.

He's very careful, and that's why i think he's winning my respect out of all the 'prophets' so far. It's going to be interesting to see if anything else he's said so far turns out to be true, or false for that matter.

And if the 3rd party is Capcom, he'd better include Arthur on that, because that would be an amazing addition to the cast.
You just made me realize...Serebii did NOT say a thing about him. What's odd, is that almightygoat said Blaziken was PokeBalled. He didn't say anything when the ZERO-ONE from Snap was AT'd. He also referred to a life raft Diddy & Samus picked up (on the way to SmashVille to fight exorcism-bound Tortimer) from a "famous ship," which I assume to be the St. Anne. Not a peep from Serebii...

Notably, Serebii merely questioned the name of the move (Charizard's highly contested Air Slash/Cutter/etc.), rather than scoffing at his description.

I have a feeling that if this is the real Serebii on SmashBoards, then we might wanna keep an eye on almightygoat.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
While it probably will, we have to remember that Smash-verse rendition of Pokemon don't necessarily have to make sense all the time.

For instance, look at Mewtwo. He NEVER learns Teleport in the games, and yet that's his Up+B in his Smash-rendition. And I don't think I even need to bring up how Purin/Puff's "Rest" attack is anything BUT completely faithful to its "proper" form...

So, again, I'm not supporting goat in any sense, but I will say that attacks making "sense" or what have you is probably the least of our concerns when we're talking about Smash Pokemon.
I posted it in another thread, but Mewtwo DOES in fact learn Teleport; it's TM30 in the RBY generation. Also worth noting is the fact that Pikachu learns Skull Bash in RBY thanks to TM40. So there is a basis for those moves, it's just outdated. As for Rest, I actually think Jiggs should be able to recover a little bit when she uses Rest, just to keep things kosher, so to speak. I also think that Thunder Jolt should be officially changed to ThunderShock, but that's just me. I'm admittedly a Pokémaniac (but not the Super Nerd / Charizard-dressing kind!).

And--interestingly enough--both Ivysaur and Squirtle have attacks that stay true to the games. Ivysaur has Bullet Seed (Neutral - TM09), Razor Leaf (Side - Lv 20), Vine Whip (Up - Bulbasaur - Lv 9), and SolarBeam (Final Smash - Lv 44); Squirtle has Water Gun (Neutral - Lv 13), Withdraw (Side - Lv 10), Waterfall (Up - HM07), and Hydro Pump (Final Smash - Lv 37). So far, Charizard does as well: Flamethrower (Neutral - Lv 42), Rock Smash (Side - HM06), and Fire Blast (Final Smash - TM38). It would only make sense for Charizard to have a move that he actually learns.

The #1 reason why this guy is a fake:

His account would have been banned a long time ago. Why don't all leakers have a little blog where they slowly release info to gather fame? Because if they were leaking info that Nintendo is very careful about, then Nintendo would catch them, and have their account shut off. When a true leak happens, it happens all at once, so the information can't be stopped. The very existence of his account given his method of leaking, shows that this cannot possibly be true.

Among other reasons, of course.
The question is, though, how careful are they about these tidbits? They aren't character leaks, which are arguably what most people want to see. With little pieces of information about Items and ATs, is Nintendo going to be that concerned? I'm not saying that he's a reliable source--he most certainly isn't, and I agree with you--but I'm just wondering if he's really anything that Nintendo would be concerned about in the first place, just given the type of information that he's been "revealing."

This guy is so fake. The only reason this hasn't been closed is because some might find it fun to read and discuss.
It is an interesting read. Fake, probably, but interesting nonetheless.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
You just made me realize...Serebii did NOT say a thing about him. What's odd, is that almightygoat said Blaziken was PokeBalled. He didn't say anything when the ZERO-ONE from Snap was AT'd. He also referred to a life raft Diddy & Samus picked up (on the way to SmashVille to fight exorcism-bound Tortimer) from a "famous ship," which I assume to be the St. Anne. Not a peep from Serebii...

Notably, Serebii merely questioned the name of the move (Charizard's highly contested Air Slash/Cutter/etc.), rather than scoffing at his description.

I have a feeling that if this is the real Serebii on SmashBoards, then we might wanna keep an eye on almightygoat.
Exactly. I mean, i'm still dubious about all supposed leakers, but i do get enjoyment out of them, and it is interesting when little tidbits get confirmed. He's the only one i'm keeping an eye on now.

bigknuxred

Smash Cadet
I read it. I feel he's telling the truth. The only characters he's gonna say are returning ones. Here's his quotes.

I found this one strange.
I bet a DUB its Mewtwo wait wrong quote I meant the one that said a cut Character from melee will play a huge part in Subspace emissary and I bet money it's mewtwo

.:Alex:.

Smash Cadet
Tortimer is a boss? Hmmm.

I don't like the fact that this guy is slowly "revealing" his info according to DOJO updates. That seems incredibly suspicious to me. Most leakers reveal everything at once. After all, why wait? That kinda defeats the purpose that these "sources" set out to do.

Of course there is one way to prove it once and for all. Tell Nintendo about him. But what if he IS the real deal and they shut him down (so to speak)? Then we will have lost a valuable info source. The question here is: Does anyone have the guts?

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
I posted it in another thread, but Mewtwo DOES in fact learn Teleport; it's TM30 in the RBY generation. Also worth noting is the fact that Pikachu learns Skull Bash in RBY thanks to TM40. So there is a basis for those moves, it's just outdated.
Wow...I completely forgot about that.

Interesting...but in hindsight, it does make sense. By the time of Smash Melee/DX's development and release, it would still be a while before PKMN Ruby and Sapphire would come out, thus why they only had the "G/S/C" standard to go by (which carried over R/B/G/Y's rulings).

Of course, by now, it seems Sakurai is just sticking with some of the RBY-rulings, probably because he couldn't be bothered to try and completely work some characters from the ground-up. Which is a shame, because I really think that Smash Pikachu could have stood to benefit from something like Thunder Punch or Iron Tail, instead, but oh well.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
His updates are interesting but truthfully there is nothing there that sperates him from all the other prophets floating around. Also, some of his boss and assist trophies seem a bit iffy to me.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Also, btw... he mentions Keta Knight and the Ice Climbers being partners. In one of the videos on the Dojo (the latest SE video I think) they breifly show Ice Climbers and Meta Knight fighting together.

krabbymcnabby

Smash Cadet
I've been following his updates before coming here and i would like his updates to be true. I can just imagine vs. Mayor Tortimor as a boss :laugh:

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Also, btw... he mentions Keta Knight and the Ice Climbers being partners. In one of the videos on the Dojo (the latest SE video I think) they breifly show Ice Climbers and Meta Knight fighting together.
Ummm.... that's why he said they would be partners because it's already a known fact. He mentioned stage builder because there was a stage builder update on the dojo also.......

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about anyone else here, considering there are so many skeptics ( though I guess you'll have those regardless) but reading all this 'supposed" info on AT's and Subspace Emmissary has got me even more hyped than I was before....Though not because he may be telling the truth but rather it's opened my eyes to how creative this game will be and how it may just blow everyone's mind with the all the odd concepts and designs. I mean if someone who didn't work on this project could have such creative yet somewhat believable ideas then Nintendo itself would be able to think of ideas just as good if not better.

For now I'm enjoying each post he puts up. If anything it's fun to read and "for now" gives us info to speculate on, which seemingly passes the time as the release date draws near.

My favorites so far are the NiGHTS AT idea and the Animal Crossing leaf/furniture item.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
As I mentioned before, this guy seems more believable than others, but...

...it seems like everytime an issue is brought up with his claims, he 'fixes' it the next day. Like when someone mentioned why Rival Trainer would be a boss and you face him with PT, due to the fact that most of the time the good guys (e.g., kirby) and the bad guys (e.g., Petey Piranha) are usually from two completely seperate franchises. The next day, this guy says that his sources lied to him about Rival Trainer being a boss. Coincedence?

Also, though Air Slash is a move, the day after CoroCoro reveals Charizard's UP+B as Air Cutter (which was after he said Air Slash was the move) he changes it and says that Charizard's attack was indeed, Air Cutter. In addition, he seemed to overreact when he was charged for being that one 15-year old on IGN. He made like three seperate posts about it.

So this guy might not be as reliable as thought (though most of us don't consider him reliable anyway, of course.)

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I kinda facepalmed when he changed it from air slash to air cutter, because he was right from the beginning.

Also, when was Charizards up B confirmed?

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Seems a bit ridiculous that Stage Builder gets exclusive music.
Yeah, I did a total "wtf?" when he corrected himself on Air Slash, that is what I recalled the move being called... definitely not "Air Cutter", that is probably just a more literal translation of the Japanese.

I kinda facepalmed when he changed it from air slash to air cutter, because he was right from the beginning.

Also, when was Charizards up B confirmed?
By the latest issue of Coro Coro, which had character cards describing moves.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
The fact that this guy is going to be on Smash Dash is a make it or break it moment for me.

If his prediction is something completely random and bizzare, then it might just kill the credibility for me.

If it's something worthwhile, though, then he might've just won me over.

He's the only prophet I'm bothering to take a second glace at, because he's turning out to be...well...interesting, to say the least.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
The fact that this guy is going to be on Smash Dash is a make it or break it moment for me.

If his prediction is something completely random and bizzare, then it might just kill the credibility for me.

If it's something worthwhile, though, then he might've just won me over.

He's the only prophet I'm bothering to take a second glace at, because he's turning out to be...well...interesting, to say the least.
Yes, that's how I feel too. I think thealmightygoat (from Gamespot) is the only credible leaker so far.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
If he is true about the ATs having two Trophies then that blows my dixie theory in the toilet, oh well I hope he isn't completly false just on that part.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
please could somebody post what he updated today I can't enter with these school computers

Not-so-anon delivers.

1. TROPHIES THAT ARE ASSIST TROPHIES

Sakurai's been dropping subtle hints for months now. Remember the original Trophies update? And if so, did you notice the Nintendog trophy? Well, this was an allusion to the fact that many trophies play a double role: that of assist trophies! So I'm going to reveal this right here. The following revealed trophies are also assist trophies:

-Slippy Toad

-Sir Kibble

-Chain Chomp

-Medli

-ROB64

But what do they do? Well, that's for a later update. I can say this: Chain Chomp is one of the most destructive assist trophies in Brawl.

2. STAGE BUILDER UNLOCKABLES

This will be incredibly short. The coins earned in Classic Mode have yet another purpose. By earning enough coins in a full single player game of Classic Mode, it is possible to unlock new pieces in Stage Builder. As well as this, getting a certain amount of coins among a certain group of characters in separate Classic Mode sessions will unlock new music tracks that are exclusively used in Stage Builder. For example, by earning a certain amount of coins collectively among all the characters with the Mario icon, new music is unlocked that can only be used in the background of custom stages. Very cool.

3. EVENT MATCH 6: JUNGLE CLIMBERS

The picture Event Match 6 can be seen on the Dojo under Co-Op events. Well I'm here to elaborate on that more. You are DK, who is not one of the fastest characters in the game. Your opponents are three Diddy Kongs in alternate costumes. You must fight them to the top of the Rumble Falls stage and be the first one to the top. The screen will not necessarily remain focused on all the players at once; rather, it will track you. However, these Diddy Kongs are quite fast, perhaps even enhanced. They're also quite the fighters, so be wary of them! Why do I bring this up? Well, because the reward for beating it is King K. Rool. Okay, not quite. The actual reward is the Dread Kong trophy. Enjoy!

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
The #1 reason why this guy is a fake:

His account would have been banned a long time ago. Why don't all leakers have a little blog where they slowly release info to gather fame? Because if they were leaking info that Nintendo is very careful about, then Nintendo would catch them, and have their account shut off. When a true leak happens, it happens all at once, so the information can't be stopped. The very existence of his account given his method of leaking, shows that this cannot possibly be true.

Among other reasons, of course.
That's not true. Think of it this way, they guy is basically giving Nintendo free advertisement, for instance when he shows off the 5 names, people will get exited for all of them and still go out and buy the game.

At the same time, Nintendo could be in fact using this person as their version of Viral Marketing, notice how this person gives some juicy and interesting details but refrains from giving any real character and plot. This however is merely a theory.

Nintendo aren't stupid, nor are they saintly, even if they have never come in contact with this person directly. They know that this can only increase their sales of Brawl, the more people hear about it, the more people want to play it. If it was a book or a movie, it would be different, but a game can truly only be enjoyed by playing it.

Thats just me, but I could be wrong.

Chepe

Smash Lord
lol he seems to have shot himself in the foot a bit. Air Slash DOES EXIST in Pokemon, it is a move introduced in Diamond/Pearl! And Charizard indeed learns it, so Charizard's Up B would indeed be Air Slash instead of Air Cutter, which it cant even learn! The thing is, in Japanese Air Slash might be referred to as Air Cutter, just like Razor Leaf is referred to as Leaf Cutter...

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
lol he seems to have shot himself in the foot a bit. Air Slash DOES EXIST in Pokemon, it is a move introduced in Diamond/Pearl! And Charizard indeed learns it, so Charizard's Up B would indeed be Air Slash instead of Air Cutter, which it cant even learn! The thing is, in Japanese Air Slash might be referred to as Air Cutter, just like Razor Leaf is referred to as Leaf Cutter...
Air Cutter: エアカッター
Air Slash: エアスラッシュ

Charizard's Up Special definately is not anyhting with air. The first 2 characters in each name are not the ones that appear on his card.

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
He corrected himself today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom