• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
This is starting to seem true... I want to know his scource if this all ends up being true after the game comes out... I figured Eggman would be in but idk... he sure is going out of his way to say what he has to say...

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
The whole introduction to today's makes me doubt him. Two trophies fro the same dude? Sometimes he sounds right on and other times it is like he is pulling this stuff out of his ***. Tomorrow's update better be Capcom.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Yeah, I don't think I have a problem about anything he's said yet, but what I don't like is the fact that he's not revealing characters.

Not because I wanna know the roster, but because that's the easiest way to disprove him, like the guy that said Zelda's Final Smash was Hyrule Goddesses, or if someone says Olimar won't be in, and then the next day, BOOM, deconfirmed.

This guy's definitely slick, but if he's right, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
thealmightygoat is my dad.

& the 3rd party better be Hudson.

& that K.Rool joke was cruel.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Can anyone think of a company that has 5 reasonable and well known characters??

Maybe Capcom, and maybe the list will go like this:

Megaman
Megaman X
Leon (RE)
Chris (RE)
Rye (SF)

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
It will most likely be Capcom. The fact that he will name 5 characters seems to me he's going with the same educated guesses any one of us would make and hoping one of them is right.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Hmm. I have a good feeling about this, but I'm having a hard time believing he's for real.
Still, if nothing else, he should have posted it sooner for Sakurai. Some great ideas over there.

Except for Ray 01 as an AT. That's stupid.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
How does this guy think of all of these things? He is definitely not a liar, for everything seems to be so methodically thought of. He may tell some incorrect knowledge and slip up, but he's been consistent and does apologize right away if anything is fishy. Plus, he's humorous too. Makes it more fun reading his blog of half-trues and deceptive "lies".

I look forward to Capcom due to Zack & Wiki and Viewtiful Joe. If Zack & Wiki are in Brawl, their game will definitely get the recognition it deserves. Viewtiful Joe on the other hand was such an incredible find from the GameCube and is really a likely contender to be playable compared to Megaman. (I said it, I have two other choices before wanting Megaman in Brawl so take that.)

The company I'm actually looking forward to the most is Namco. Namco deserves representation right off the bat since its first game with Nintendo on the NES back in 1985. For Namco, I wish for Lloyd or Emil from Tales of Symphonia to appear. If Link and Lloyd could guest star in a Soul Calibur game, then these two should surely duel it out in a master of the sword(s) brawl. The other representative people look forward to seeing in Brawl is the famous arcade game character, Pac Man. But I would rather choose an amazing sword user over history anyday in Brawl.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
I'm still a little fishy. If you're a good writer and you have good knowledge of video games, it can't be hard to write this stuff down. I'm half n half with him correcting himself. Part of it feels like its legit apologies and another feels like he's just trying to cover his tracks.

Oh well, all answers will reveal themselves in a very short amount of time regardless. If nothing else its a fun read.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
he said something about the corocoro card for charizard saying "air cutter" I wonder if this is true. That could disprove him, or give him credibility.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of if he is valid or not, he is two steps ahead of all of us. Before we can even fully comprehend that he has slipped up, he has already apologized for doing so.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
actually, that apoligy came in reply to someone in Smashboards pointing out that fact, he's not "2 steps ahead", he said so himself.

but still, he's making pretty bold and detailed statements and giving cautious details, I like the way he works, false or true.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
I read the last replys of what I said on Tortimer and I heard a ton of BS replys like "Mario and Link had 2 trophys in Melee!" "Samus has a second trophy in Brawl" "Bwser and Giga Bowser are seperate trophys!". And of course his response. It's bullshi. Why does Mario, Link, Samus, Bowser have more then one trophy? BECAUSE THEY ARE IMPORTANT CHARACTERS IN SMASH BROS. AND IN THERE FRANCHISES! If they made Tortimer a boss, they will definatly not make him a second trophy. Tortimer isn't important enough to recieve 2 trophys.

You guys are just defending him because you like what he says and can't accept the fact that he's a hoax. It's called denial by the way.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I read the last replys of what I said on Tortimer and I heard a ton of BS replys like "Mario and Link had 2 trophys in Melee!" "Samus has a second trophy in Brawl" "Bwser and Giga Bowser are seperate trophys!". And of course his response. It's bullshi. Why does Mario, Link, Samus, Bowser have more then one trophy? BECAUSE THEY ARE IMPORTANT CHARACTERS IN SMASH BROS. AND IN THERE FRANCHISES! If they made Tortimer a boss, they will definatly not make him a second trophy. Tortimer isn't important enough to recieve 2 trophys.

You guys are just defending him because you like what he says and can't accept the fact that he's a hoax. It's called denial by the way.
I'm actually pretty sure he's a hoax, but he's fun to read, you've got to admit it.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Think about it for a second. Would every boss in SSE get two trophies? Two Peteys? Two Rayquazas? Answer: **** no!

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
I really think this guy is telling the truth, and I think that if he does get something wrong it is because his sources were either lying or made a mistake. Plus I can't wait for tomorrow's update.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice

Your an idiot. I thought it was already established that you don't have to believe him. Who cares what you think. I think he is hoax, but some don't. And you can't possibly know. So stop trying to disprove him. Just stop reading you moron.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
Samus = playable AND the main character of a franchise.

gnosis

Smash Lord
I agree. Think about it for a second. Would every boss in SSE get two trophies? Two Peteys? Two Rayquazas? Answer: **** no!
-If- Tortimer was some possessed boss, I'd expect there to be two trophies - one about his Animal Crossing, normal appearance, and one for his SSE, f'ed-up appearance. Even for people like Petey I could see two happening - one normal Petey with generic history data, and the other an SSE trophy with info about his SSE appearance, in some dramatic, cage-clashing pose.

That being said, I'm 90% sure that this guy's completely BS. His ideas are fun though.

1ofMany_ppl

Smash Apprentice
He also mentioned that "they" ( the developers of the game) had two trophies to differentiate him from his possesed form and his normal form....I don't see that being highly unlikely. If Tortimer is a boss...wouldn't it be appropriate to make him his own possesed trophy? Considering I'm sure each boss has a Trophy and possesed characters and non-possesed are two different things completey. Zelda and Possesed Zelda would need more than 1 trophy as would Peach and Possesed Peach. They aren't technically the same person.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Hmm... I'm actually starting to believe him again after today's update. He knew about Charizard's Up B before it was revealed on the character cards, very interesting indeed. Also, custom music and new peices for the Stage Builder sound like a good idea to me.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
It is fun to read at least. It's almost like reading something from dojo. I like it, true or false. We can't know at this point. But i'm pretty sure he's hoax as every else ''prophet''.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
-If- Tortimer was some possessed boss, I'd expect there to be two trophies - one about his Animal Crossing, normal appearance, and one for his SSE, f'ed-up appearance. Even for people like Petey I could see two happening - one normal Petey with generic history data, and the other an SSE trophy with info about his SSE appearance, in some dramatic, cage-clashing pose.

That being said, I'm 90% sure that this guy's completely BS. His ideas are fun though.
i agree wit this.
i personally think hes telling the truth. just his style and the way he delivers the info, seems real. but i dunno "All prophets are false until proven true" right?

Regiwi

Smash Journeyman
i agree wit this.
i personally think hes telling the truth. just his style and the way he delivers the info, seems real. but i dunno "All prophets are false until proven true" right?
That's the approach, personally I like the opposite, if there's undeniable proof they're fake, then I accept it (eg. Sultan guy, ended up with two things against him, Zelda's FS and also Squirtle's water gun which he said was a bubble.) Soething about this Goat guy seems different somehow, he hasn't really said anything I like, and he's vague as anything, but somehow, to me he seems more likely than the others.

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
hmm after reading all this i think i'll decide if he is real after saturday's update.
but so far doesnt seem like he is a liar
We have to remember that he may be under some unusual context where he actually does have permission to reveal all this stuff but its just me speculating

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
He also mentioned that "they" ( the developers of the game) had two trophies to differentiate him from his possesed form and his normal form....I don't see that being highly unlikely. If Tortimer is a boss...wouldn't it be appropriate to make him his own possesed trophy? Considering I'm sure each boss has a Trophy and possesed characters and non-possesed are two different things completey. Zelda and Possesed Zelda would need more than 1 trophy as would Peach and Possesed Peach. They aren't technically the same person.
But Peach is an important character in the Smash Bros. and Mario series. Even in Animal Crossing, Tortimer isn't very important. He just appears on Holidays, steals your stuff, and scams you into donating money to an unexistent town. Nothing else. Why would he recieve 2 trophys and important characters like Mother Brain only recieve one?

Hmm... I'm actually starting to believe him again after today's update. He knew about Charizard's Up B before it was revealed on the character cards, very interesting indeed. Also, custom music and new peices for the Stage Builder sound like a good idea to me.
But we don't even know what the card says.

cheezysnacks

Smash Cadet
the thing that makes me lean towards believing this is they are all very unique ideas... prolly to much for one person to come up with. It seems like information that could only come from the game. anyway i'm so stoked for this game that i will continue to read his updates hoping to quench my desire to play it for just a little while.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
I just read his update today. he's fulll of crap.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEE THIS? Why do you think he updates daily? So if someone proves him wrong, he can correct the information the next day! And by not revealing any characters, he doesn't have the risk of being debunked by the actual DOJO!. And Charizard doesn't even learn Air Cutter. If it's indeed Air Slash written in the card, then tomorrow he'll say he recieved a wrong information about it, and return to Air Slash, making him fall into contradiction.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
You might also want to check SmashDash on the General Brawl Discussion on Sunday. Thealmightygoat has actually contributed to the show and we'll reveal never before unveiled info.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
You might also want to check SmashDash on the General Brawl Discussion on Sunday. Thealmightygoat has actually contributed to the show and we'll reveal never before unveiled info.
0MG:laugh:

but seriously, how'd they get information? is everyone gonna automaticaly assume its fake or belive it?

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
I just read his update today. he's fulll of crap.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE SEE THIS? Why do you think he updates daily? So if someone proves him wrong, he can correct the information the next day! And by not revealing any characters, he doesn't have the risk of being debunked by the actual DOJO!. And Charizard doesn't even learn Air Cutter. If it's indeed Air Slash written in the card, then tomorrow he'll say he recieved a wrong information about it, and return to Air Slash, making him fall into contradiction.

Actually, the name of the attack doesn't matter as much as what he said the attack does. If the attack turns out to be Air Slash, but operates in the exact way that he says it does, well then it will certainly help his argument.

Card

Smash Lord
I'm starting to not believe thealmightygoat...

I used to be a silent believer, since he seemed very sincere and showed a lot of information. But now I think he is just an attention ***** with a very strange inferiority complex. Plus his nice grammar was a plus

Look what he said at the end of todays update;
Keep in mind, I don't announce characters. But that won't stop me from revealing one of the 3rd Party Companies involved with Brawl. Also, I just may post a list of five characters that will represent the company: one of them will be a true character, the other four won't be but may still be appearing in Brawl. So get ready.
This seems... so extremely fishy to me.

Imagine yourself as an jerk seeking attention by spreading lies and getting people to believe you....
You need to say something that a lot of people want to hear
But you need to say something that will be safe
So what is the best solution?

Post a list of 5 characters, and say 1 is the true character, and 4 MAY still be appearing in Brawl in some way.

You seriously can't go wrong with that. You just need 2 of the characters to appear in some way for the statement to be true. Yet you increase your odds in that happening by getting the opportunity to say 5 characters, hoping to hit the target with those 5.

I'll even bet that tomorrow he'll say the following;
CAPCOM
Phoenix Wright
Leon S. Kennedy
Mega Man
Viewtiful Joe
Arthur (Ghosts & Goblins)

I mean... don't you see how the only way he can be WRONG is if CAPCOM has absolutely no part in the game? The chances of him being right and getting more believers, really is just simple deduction and putting the odds in his favor.

CAPCOM already has a very high chance of being in the game
He probably knows Mega Man will be the obvious Rep, we ALL KNOW THIS
But he won't be able to just throw this out there without getting believers, since so many people already feel this to be true, so he tacks on this extremely corny "5 but 1 real" disguise, and says the other 4 MAY APPEAR in Brawl just to make extra sure he is right. The chances of the other 4 characters appearing as assist trophies is also extremely high. He just needs ONE of those 4 too!

If anyone knows South Park.. the episode "The world's biggest douche" really comes to mind with this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom