• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A new home skin for Smashboards

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if this is a browser problem but most of the items are all the way to the right/left when I'm on the main page(links/icons). And yea those buttons are way too big.

I dont like that revolution was taken off... I liked that skin :(

This skin isnt bad when viewing public threads though.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Info and Connect buttons are ****

and omg we're gonna have an automatic livestream link? tooooooooo goooooooooood

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Good work guys, took me by surprise at first, but now that I know what's up I'm diggin' the new look.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I would like to have revolution as an option as well.

If you can fix it, please do ! And take these huge buttons and make them a bit smaller! That's all I ask :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
This is kinda cool, I can get used to most of it. The banner at the top could be darker, but I can see how the rest of it sort of means to look brighter.

However as someone stated, the front page is horribly glitched out. check this out:

I LOVE the livestream thing. I have been mad at you guys since you closed that "latest livestreams" thread for no reason. I would like the old skin back if you can't fix these glitches for firefox though.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Front page is no longer be glitched out, should just need to refresh your browser. Sorry about that, it was a weird bug that we couldn't have predicted until launch. It's working now.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I don't mind the change so much. I liked Revolution and all, but the main problem I have with this is how bright it is. It's a little too vibrant, even when my screen is turned down.

Does anyone else dislike the brightness?

Tesh

Smash Hero
nope, its still glitched out MMM

...guess i should give it a few minutes or something

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Even though I agree with some points people posted, there's no need to be rude about it. :ohwell: It's good that they're working on the site.

Suggestion: seeing how you stretched the posts column, wouldn't it make sense to increase the font size by at least 1 point? Especially since some of the buttons are bigger now (report, quote, etc).

And yeah I'd like to have Revolution as an option as well (keeping Smash Blue/Classic but not that one doesn't make that much sense since those 2 are horribly outdated and old fashioned).

I'm also getting that weird problem on the front page.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
By the way, if you are having problems, tell us what browser and what operating system you're using, please!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i'm having no problems with palemoon 3.6.15 on windows XP

:awesome:

more information is always good

stealth palemoon hype post

Geist

Smash Master
Digging the new look, but I'd still like revolution as an option. Every once in a while I switch skins to shake things up anyways.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Really dislike the new skin.

Frontpage layout/live stream intergration is good.

Huge bright *** buttons that look like they are made for visually impaired 5 year olds are not so good.
New post look is bad too.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
new skin is absolute complete garbage!!!!!!!!
WELL! Someone doesn't like change... u:mad:?

On that note, thanks for putting the backroom links up properly, appreciate it.

EDIT: The buttons' style is great, I don't see any problem with them other than the size.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Yeah, only thing I dislike about it is the size of the buttons. good work MMM and not bio. :3

Don't see why you can't include revolution as an option.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Another thing I noticed, the backrooms getting huge *** buttons when only a select few can access them. It shouldn't be something that takes too much space (and also moves the whole board tables to the left). I do like the quick links below them, but the buttons/banners are unnecessarily huge.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
everyone who is having problems with the glitched front page:

Go to the drop-down box on the bottom left and make sure "Vibrant" is selected.

Tesh

Smash Hero
its glitched out, so what he really means is bottom right.....where everything is...

also yea it is selected,

why throw away a perfectly good old texture. should probably let people use it at least until you get this one working perfectly

Tesh

Smash Hero
Oh nvm, it works now. Next complaint!!

The Back room links are really conveniently located.... for like 5% of the people on smashboards. You might as well put a link to Brawl Jigglypuff's character boards as well.

where is brawl stage discussion now? 10 people actually go there sometimes.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Another thing I noticed, the backrooms getting huge *** buttons when only a select few can access them. It shouldn't be something that takes too much space (and also moves the whole board tables to the left). I do like the quick links below them, but the buttons/banners are unnecessarily huge.
In addition to drawing attention to that info, the buttons are there to minimize the menus. I.E. someone who wants melee info can close the brawl info.

Tesh it's not browser related-- we think some people got set to a cached version somehow. If you click the link in Bionic's post above or scroll down and manually select Vibrant from the theme list, that should fix it.

Afaik it's not widespread, it might be a hiccup in the changeover with people's personal theme settings.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the back room links link to many threads new players would be interested in such as the tier list and matchup chart. we are trying to expand growth not kill it further

Top Bottom