• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Plot twist: He's in Smash.

But Fem!Corrin is the default.:troll:
Gonna happen sooner or later since the female is the more common one from what I've seen in many playthroughs (unless they chose the male just to relive incest fantasies with Camilla). :awesome:

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Gonna happen sooner or later since the female is the more common one from what I've seen in many playthroughs (unless they chose the male just to relive incest fantasies with Camilla). :awesome:

Yeah, judging from all the art and playthroughs, Fem!Corrin is definitely more popular. But then again, Male!Corrin could easily be the default.

But I noticed in Fates, a lot things seems to be reversed from Awakening, the children tied to fathers instead of mothers, pair-up being nerfed, no weapon durability, etc... If Sakurai wants to reinforce this reverse, he might want to use Fem!Corrin as the default to contrast Robin more.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That score Corrin received was definitely unexpected. You know there's something wrong when the main character has a lower chance score than a side character who happens to be more interesting. Is it because of the fact that he's a swordsman and Azura can easily kill him due to spears being his Kryptonite? :laugh:

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
I mean I don't want to spoil Fates, but like Corrin gets a pretty sweet upgrade in his power.

He isn't just sword and final smash dragon as everyone seems to think. But thats more of an issue with a character from game nobody outside of Japan has played yet.

I used to think Isaac was another normal sword user, I didn't know he was gonna use djinn and stuff until I played his game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I mean I don't want to spoil Fates, but like Corrin gets a pretty sweet upgrade in his power.

He isn't just sword and final smash dragon as everyone seems to think. But thats more of an issue with a character from game nobody outside of Japan has played yet.

I used to think Isaac was another normal sword user, I didn't know he was gonna use djinn and stuff until I played his game.
Hidden power? Hopefully people won't use the Isaac clone argument again if it's something relating to elements. :urg:

But it's good to know that Dragon Lord has more tricks up his sleeve that would make him the ultimate Fates rep. Though that doesn't chance the fact that Azura is his competition during this arms race (But she's Micaiah 2.0 as some naysayers would say :laugh:).

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I think he got lower scores due to Azura being more unique, much like what happened with Chrom and Robin when it came down to who got to be playable in Sm4sh. None of the less, Kamui has potential to be more than just an average swordsman like Marth.

Not to mention it doesn't help matters that there's the whole "FIRE EMBLEM BIAS" stigma going on now that Roy has returned, thus bumping up the FE character count to 5. There's also the fact that Fire Emblem Fates just got its foot in the door recently.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The Fire Emblem Fates controversy is interesting

-Get angry about incest even though they aren't related but still complaining about it despite no actual incest for no reason. and I mean it's not like incest hasn't happened in FE before. You can get Lester and Patty to fall in love in FE4

-Making Soleil support turn into some overdramatic homophobic conversion bs. It was poorly written support, but I don't believe it was ever intended or even thought of by the writer or Intys to make it into some kind of anti gay message. Might as well say 9/11 was an inside job while were at it. The whole support reads like weird episode of a trashy anime. It was likely intended to be some silly lighthearted romance option.

The waifu face rubbing is understandable even though I actually like it, everything else tho? Overdramatic reactions.

I think the saddest thing about the controversy is that people are now basing the quality of Fates out of this bull****. It's now a bad game, despite all the japanese players positive reaction to it and even saying its way way better than Awakening.

Im sure there's other games with japanese text that probably would of caused whole amount controversy. Heck awakening had questionable text in the japanese version. Its weird how the original Japanese text for video games suddenly matter now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Fire Emblem Fates controversy is interesting

-Get angry about incest even though they aren't related but still complaining about it despite no actual incest for no reason. and I mean it's not like incest hasn't happened in FE before. You can get Lester and Patty to fall in love in FE4

-Making Soleil support turn into some overdramatic homophobic conversion bs. It was poorly written support, but I don't believe it was ever intended or even thought of by the writer or Intys to make it into some kind of anti gay message. Might as well say 9/11 was an inside job while were at it. The whole support reads like weird episode of a trashy anime. It was likely intended to be some silly lighthearted romance option.

The waifu face rubbing is understandable even though I actually like it, everything else tho? Overdramatic reactions.

I think the saddest thing about the controversy is that people are now basing the quality of Fates out of this bull****. It's now a bad game, despite all the japanese players positive reaction to it and even saying its way way better than Awakening.

Im sure there's other games with japanese text that probably would of caused whole amount controversy. Heck awakening had questionable text in the japanese version. Its weird how the original Japanese text for video games suddenly matter now.
Welcome to the Fire Emblem fandom where any game since Awakening is typical anime bull**** and the other games did a better job when it came to character development. :awesome:

Though I do have a feeling that Nintendo would be forced to do plenty of censorship to calm down the Tumblrinas that were offended so far. The incest itself could be one of the few things though it would be revealed that he's related to height in the end. Removing the face rubbing feature altogether wouldn't be necessary, but the more suggestive lines from your S-ranked waifu/husbando would probably be toned down (Hellooooooooo Jakob!). That Soleil scene would probably be the first thing to be changes during localization since Nintendo would probably be aware of the hate that they would get from the LGBT community for it. Even Capcom removed a few lines from Street Fighter x Tekken that poked fun at Poison's gender because it would be too offensive to those who are transgender.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Now wait for the fans to be expecting another Fire Emblem newcomer..... only to be disappointed with Sakurai announcing nothing relating to Smash. :troll:
I wouldn't really say that, just watch Sakurai will reveal some Mii fighter costumes for Smash Bros. After all we got the Inkling Mii fighter costume reveal in the Splatoon Direct, when everyone really wasn't expecting anything for Smash in that Direct, we also got the design for Mewtwo's amiibo from San-Diego Comic Con this year, when no one was expecting anything Smash related to b there.

Also the Mii fighter costume reveal will be for Chrom, meaning he'll finally get his chance that day :troll:

Last edited:

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
So this is the animation of Dragon Fang (children confirmed is not a spoiler...because Soleil): http://gfycat.com/FairLateHoneybadger

There is a lot to work with using just that animation.

The 2nd hit is a perfect forward air.

Kamui is going to have a lot of disjoints and not just from a sword.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, we didn't get anything from Sakurai relating to Smash. Not even the Serenes Forest was able to get any updates on what happened in the concert. At least there's still the ballet and the lack of a reveal shows that he's willing to enjoy himself somewhere without having to give the fans that reveal.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
After playing if (yes I imported)…I’m officially interested in Kamui joining. Maybe its bias since I really like her character, but that wouldn’t be the first time I’ve wanted a FE character for that reason. (ripforeverChrom).

My only real problem is…well, Corrin. I hate that name, and greatly prefer Kamui. I suppose I’ll have to get used to it though.

Also, maybe it’d be nice to have female Kamui as the default Kamui? I’m still pretty sad female Robin will never get an amiibo, so that would completely make up for it.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
Hi BluePikmin11!

Corrin (Kamui) is one of my favorite characters from Fire Emblem Fates, he (or she) is also the hero(ine) of the game.

I voted a vote for Corrin because I think she will be playable in Smash Bros, but not DLC, yes Smash Bros 5. As Azura.

PD: When Corrin can be a playable character in Smash Bros, sure he will have both Hoshido suit as Norh suit.
My favorite clan is Nohr.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Corrin would be cool if he/seh half-shifted mid-battle so he could use the moves during his Critical Hits/Dragon's Fang.

I mean it makes sense right? He/she half shifts (and gains that dragon head) and lets at 'em. He/she could do the same for Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Corrin would be cool if he/seh half-shifted mid-battle so he could use the moves during his Critical Hits/Dragon's Fang.

I mean it makes sense right? He/she half shifts (and gains that dragon head) and lets at 'em. He/she could do the same for Smash.
I'm sure several came up with that inclusion a while ago, though it seems to be the best approach with their character. While Sakurai doesn't really stay true to the character of certain Fire Emblem reps, I feel that there will be some made up attacks with the Dragon's Fang ability (head, tail, etc) to make for a moveset as great as Robin's.

That way, it would cause less of a problem with the transformations and the full Dragon Form will be best saved for the Final Smash.

On a side note, I like how several people on Fantendo are already starting to add Corrin in their Smash 5/6 rosters. This one in particular created a very fantastic moveset that takes advantage of all of their abilities.

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Corrine_&_Corrin_(Smash_5)

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I'm sure several came up with that inclusion a while ago, though it seems to be the best approach with their character. While Sakurai doesn't really stay true to the character of certain Fire Emblem reps, I feel that there will be some made up attacks with the Dragon's Fang ability (head, tail, etc) to make for a moveset as great as Robin's.

That way, it would cause less of a problem with the transformations and the full Dragon Form will be best saved for the Final Smash.

On a side note, I like how several people on Fantendo are already starting to add Corrin in their Smash 5/6 rosters. This one in particular created a very fantastic moveset that takes advantage of all of their abilities.

http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Corrine_&_Corrin_(Smash_5)
Lol yeah. Him/her fully transforming into a dragon mid-battle sounds horrible (from that wikia page) but yeah, Corrin would be soooooo awesome. A full transform would work great as a Final Smash.

Esknier

Smash Cadet
Not sure if anyone has thought of this yet, but what if Corrin/Kamui, instead of being one character, could be split into two characters, one for "Dark Blood" (Nohr) and one for "White Blood" (Hoshido)? "Dark Blood" could have incredibly high knock-back, damage, and combo capabilities and could be Female as default, whereas the "White Blood" could have higher weight, better recovery options, and perhaps a way to heal while being default Male gender.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Not sure if anyone has thought of this yet, but what if Corrin/Kamui, instead of being one character, could be split into two characters, one for "Dark Blood" (Nohr) and one for "White Blood" (Hoshido)? "Dark Blood" could have incredibly high knock-back, damage, and combo capabilities and could be Female as default, whereas the "White Blood" could have higher weight, better recovery options, and perhaps a way to heal while being default Male gender.
Sounds like a great idea since it would be a great way of representing the choice side of Fire Emblem Fates.

But what I fear is people complaining about bias if two characters based on one gets added in the roster.

Not like their oppinions matter anyways.

Esknier

Smash Cadet
Sounds like a great idea since it would be a great way of representing the choice side of Fire Emblem Fates.

But what I fear is people complaining about bias if two characters based on one gets added in the roster.

Not like their oppinions matter anyways.
That was honestly my concern with the idea as well, people who don't enjoy Fire Emblem have started to believe there are far too many fire emblem characters within the roster, and adding two different roster slots for what is effectively "one" character that belongs to fire emblem would drive many over the edge. Add to that, the fact that very few people in the west have played the game Corrin is from (or even know about it) really wounds poor Corrin's chances of landing a slot on this roster. Still, I'll gladly fight to get Corrin a slot on this roster, she/he has so much potential for a satisfying and unique move set, in addition to having a better look than Robin IMO (sorry my dear Robin).

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Honestly I don't think that's a good idea, the whole Hoshido/Nohr thing would be better off as Alt Costumes

Esknier

Smash Cadet
Honestly I don't think that's a good idea, the whole Hoshido/Nohr thing would be better off as Alt Costumes
I'm not really sure that idea would work either no offense, considering that "Dark Blood" and "White Blood" are supposed to be unique upgrades for Corrin's default class. Thus making them alternate costumes for Corrin would imply that they are no different from her/his default class or each other , which isn't really the case from both a gameplay and story standpoint.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I'm not really sure that idea would work either no offense, considering that "Dark Blood" and "White Blood" are supposed to be unique upgrades for Corrin's default class. Thus making them alternate costumes for Corrin would imply that they are no different from her/his default class or each other , which isn't really the case from both a gameplay and story standpoint.
No I meant color schemes...lol.

Like you know the standard Corrin color scheme is gray, right? The Hoshido/White Blood color scheme is white, the Nohr/Dark Blood color scheme is black...

M/F Robin have their normal colors, as could Corrin. They could both have Nohr and Hoshido-themed palette swaps. I mean, that makes six palette swaps, leaving two more M/F recolors after that. Or, male Corin could have a Hoshido-themed palette swap and female Corrin could have the Nohr-themed palette swap. Or vice-versa. Having that would leave four more possible palette swaps. I put a lot of thought into this. lol

Last edited:

Esknier

Smash Cadet
No I meant color schemes...lol.

Like you know the standard Corrin color scheme is gray, right? The Hoshido/White Blood color scheme is white, the Nohr/Dark Blood color scheme is black...

M/F Robin have their normal colors, as could Corrin. They could both have Nohr and Hoshido-themed palette swaps. I mean, that makes six palette swaps, leaving two more M/F recolors after that. Or, male Corin could have a Hoshido-themed palette swap and female Corrin could have the Nohr-themed palette swap. Or vice-versa. Having that would leave four more possible palette swaps. I put a lot of thought into this. lol
Oh, I see. Just changing the colors to mimic those two classes as opposed to changing the actual costume, kinda like with Pit having a Dark Pit recolor in Super Smash bros Brawl. That sounds reasonable. Forgive me for misunderstanding Nat.

Top Bottom