• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Fate: The New FE14 Protagonist Corrin for DLC! (Go all out in Voting!)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Does this fellow usually make bait videos about him fake raging over Nintendo things? Because I did not take anything he said seriously. The people at the comment section though.
His shouting is fake, but his opinions are real. So he's probably another one of those Fire Emblem fans who think the series is going in a terrible direction. And I wouldn't call buying 100 Rosalina Amiibos to keep people from buying them bait the slightest.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the double post, but these are some pretty fantastic sales for the game. But what's more interesting is that the chart combined both Conquest and Birthright's sales while the Special Edition has its own separate sales. Not so sure if this is better than Awakening's launch sales, but it's a great start for now.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/07/01/japan-nintendo-3ds-sells-32k-and-wii-u-sells-13k/#comments
Oh my goodness... This is amazing. And yes, that is better than Awakening. Better than it ever was.

I feel so happy for the series to be so alive. I was worried that Awakening's success would be a one hit wonder but I was wrong thankfully.

Waifus are forever embroidered in Fire Emblem.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Well, I'm sorry for you to be that guy but... [FE Fates SPOILER] http://andrea-ritsu.tumblr.com/post/123014145700/a-new-degree-of-homophobia-in-fire-emblem-fates

Other M seems to have found its successor in term of female character's sexist development.

I feel he/she'll get a hatebase as huge as Ridley's, and for a legitimate reason this time.
At first I was mad, but...

Tumblr's full of it again. Turns out this girl's weakness is cute girls. As in; she faints around those she fancies. Which makes her unable to become the cool warrior she wants to be.

To rectify this Corrin uses a magic potion to help her overcome the weakness so she doesn't pass out on the battlefield with no intention of converting her straight.

Tumblr overreacting to **** yet again. Ignore that bait.

To view the support yourself:

http://pastebin.com/bgQC0yEa

Make your own judgement, but I honestly don't think it's gay conversion like they're making out it is.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I like the Fire Emblem characters. Truly I do. Even Roy- whom I adamantly protest, was one of my favorites in 2001.

But this has to stop. It is not a big franchise, and there are other basic ******* we can add. There is, quite literally, nothing to say on the matter of a sixth Fire Emblem character. It is not big enough for the world. People know Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. They changed the world, jumping out of gaming and into a part of contemporary culture and innovation. Only Gamers, ONLY GAMERS, know Fire Emblem.

D

Deleted member

I like the Fire Emblem characters. Truly I do. Even Roy- whom I adamantly protest, was one of my favorites in 2001.

But this has to stop. It is not a big franchise, and there are other basic ******* we can add. There is, quite literally, nothing to say on the matter of a sixth Fire Emblem character. It is not big enough for the world. People know Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. They changed the world, jumping out of gaming and into a part of contemporary culture and innovation. Only Gamers, ONLY GAMERS, know Fire Emblem.
And how about to put Fire Emblem on the same pedestal as the ones you quoted ?

D

Deleted member

...what is it you are asking?
Well, to give Fire Emblem more recognition ?
To make it more famous ?

I really don't see the problem with having 5 FE reps in Smash 4, though, if a FEF character we would ever get, it would be Azura.

But enough off-topic now.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
At first I was mad, but...

Tumblr's full of it again. Turns out this girl's weakness is cute girls. As in; she faints around those she fancies. Which makes her unable to become the cool warrior she wants to be.

To rectify this Corrin uses a magic potion to help her overcome the weakness so she doesn't pass out on the battlefield with no intention of converting her straight.

Tumblr overreacting to **** yet again. Ignore that bait.

To view the support yourself:

http://pastebin.com/bgQC0yEa

Make your own judgement, but I honestly don't think it's gay conversion like they're making out it is.
Just a vocal minority on Tumblr blowing things out of proportion. Nothing to see her given that everyone from that site are a bunch of drama queens. :rolleyes:

People are probably going to forget about it by time the game is out internationally or they will ignore it once they get some proper context on the character. Again, this is nothing more than a mere overreaction like the whole Charlotte situation (which fans got over soon at they read her supports).

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice

BTW guys, the 3rd route for FE14 is out today.

You can watch streams of it on twitch.

Anybody else likes this logo better than Nohr/Hoshido?

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

As long as Fire Emblem continues to be successful, there will be more characters added and FE fans wanting more characters.

With Fates already breaking records on first week sells and still topping the charts, FE has already proven itself to be important.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

BTW guys, the 3rd route for FE14 is out today.

You can watch streams of it on twitch.

Anybody else likes this logo better than Nohr/Hoshido?
Invisible Kingdom? Not sure if the name is artful or Engrish...

Although yes, it looks much better.

:231:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
RIP Iwata.

Fates was the last game he produced and did Iwata Asks for.
You know what, I'll just buy the game just to honor the man (And not just because I liked the franchise to begin with). And the fact that people are saying that we should vote for him in the Smash Ballot doesn't help. :cry:

Last edited:

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice
You know what, I'll just buy the game just to honor the man (And not just because I liked the franchise to begin with). And the fact that people are saying that we should vote for him in the Smash Ballot doesn't help. :cry:
Seriously. The Wii U wasn't doing very good, E3 was lackluster and etc... He must've died thinking about those things...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Saw this post on the Miiverse stage when brawling with Iwata's Mii. I guess they are in the camp that believes that costumes are the best that we'll get of Corrin if there's not enough demand internationally.

KujoQueen

Smash Apprentice

Saw this post on the Miiverse stage when brawling with Iwata's Mii. I guess they are in the camp that believes that costumes are the best that we'll get of Corrin if there's not enough demand internationally.
True. But we played Awakening and enjoyed it. He's probably enjoying Fates right now so there's a chance that he is considering Kamui for Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That awkward moment when the guy behind freaking Senran Kagura wrote the script for the third path. O_o

Not that my girlfriend would mind since she actually loves the games and their campy ways of handling fanservice. And who's to say that he wouldn't write a possibly good story when not being asscoiated with a fanservice game? :laugh:

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/07/1...worked-on-fire-emblem-fates-third-story-path/

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He wrote the story for Okamiden and Ace Attorney DD too
Both which were excellent games. I would be interested as to how much this third route expands the story or if it blows both paths out of the water. The obvious is that both kingdoms would have to team up to find a threat bigger than any of them, probably Not!Grima this time.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, to give Fire Emblem more recognition ?
To make it more famous ?

I really don't see the problem with having 5 FE reps in Smash 4, though, if a FEF character we would ever get, it would be Azura.

But enough off-topic now.
How is it off topic to be discussing character representation, something Sakurai has expressed is important? It is not off topic, and I would appreciate not having that be a scapegoat for an exceptionally poignant issue against the character.

Fire emblem is NOT on the level of Mario, of Zelda, of Pokemon. As my thesis stated, they have transcended video games, and are a part of international pop culture. I'd be happy to elaborate, but do not slander my point simply because you have no rebuttal.

Last edited:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
How is it off topic to be discussing character representation, something Sakurai has expressed is important? It is not off topic, and I would appreciate not having that be a scapegoat for an exceptionally poignant issue against the character.

Fire emblem is NOT on the level of Mario, of Zelda, of Pokemon. As my thesis stated, they have transcended video games, and are a part of international pop culture. I'd be happy to elaborate, but do not slander my point simply because you have no rebuttal.
Honestly, Sakurai seems confused on what he really thinks.

He claims character representation is important and yet a series that sold rather poorly (Kid Icarus) has more characters than a series that has consistently sold millions (Donkey Kong). Donkey Kong is also a character that has transcended video games and became a part of pop culture, everyone knows who he is majorly due to the original Donkey Kong in arcades and there are a lot of references to that game in countless shows and movies even to this day.

The fact that the Donkey Kong Country series has sold millions shows that people haven't forgotten him and he is still remembered and beloved, and yet he still only has two characters in Smash while Kid Icarus currently has three.

Nothing against Kid Icarus, I don't really care about the whole "reps" thing personally, but I'm just saying.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Honestly, Sakurai seems confused on what he really thinks.

He claims character representation is important and yet a series that sold rather poorly (Kid Icarus) has more characters than a series that has consistently sold millions (Donkey Kong). Donkey Kong is also a character that has transcended video games and became a part of pop culture, everyone knows who he is majorly due to the original Donkey Kong in arcades and there are a lot of references to that game in countless shows and movies even to this day.

The fact that the Donkey Kong Country series has sold millions shows that people haven't forgotten him and he is still remembered and beloved, and yet he still only has two characters in Smash while Kid Icarus currently has three.

Nothing against Kid Icarus, I don't really care about the whole "reps" thing personally, but I'm just saying.
I think Sakurai viewed Dk as a Mario character, personally. Or at least thinks the fans overall do. In this light his behavior is completely justified.

There's an unfortunate reason we have seen so many Pokemon cut. There's nothing about Fire Emblem on a MORE unique note than Pokemon, either. The game would be justified to have a roster half Mario, and it doesnt. Specific 'slots' may not exist, but this doesn't excuse an overall attempt at balance.

Sure Sakurai could think 6 FE characters on,a 60 person roster is logical and we'll managed. If someone wants to try to argue that...he my guess. At least the hypothesis is based on logos and not this threads streaming ethos.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
If you don't like the character or what they represent, you don't have to come into the thread.

You're more than welcome to, of course, and your opinion is respected, just don't expect people to agree with you or think your view is as justified as you think it is.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Well, if they make use of his dragon power as a compliment to swordplay, that would work.

Neutral B: Water Breath (Corrin shoots a stream of water. Behaves like Bowser's and Charizard's fire breath.)
Side B: Dragon Fang (Corrin dashes and if he comes into contact with an opponent, he bites them. A command grab.)
Up B: Royal Soar (Basically Pit/Dark Pit's Power of Flight as a SRK.)
Down B: Nosferatu (Did I told you that if Corrin's promoted to Dark Blood, he can use tomes? Now you know. And you don't have to worry about weapon durability with him, thanks to Fates ditching the system.)
Final Smash: Dragon Stone (Corrin morphs into his dragon form and wreaks havoc.)

But hey, I mostly did this in the event the next SSB ditches Robin. Let's be honest: making him dependant upon weapon durability, while a unique gimmick to distinguish him from the Lord characters and Ike, is practically part of his undoing. And since Final Smashes are not allowed, you can't call Chrom to refill you, meaning you have to wait until it regenerates, therefore making it an open invitation for your opponent to get you wrecked.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
But hey, I mostly did this in the event the next SSB ditches Robin. Let's be honest: making him dependant upon weapon durability, while a unique gimmick to distinguish him from the Lord characters and Ike, is practically part of his undoing. And since Final Smashes are not allowed, you can't call Chrom to refill you, meaning you have to wait until it regenerates, therefore making it an open invitation for your opponent to get you wrecked.
Why in the world would Sakurai ditch Robin, especially when the weapon durability mechanic is one of the reasons why they're such a unique character?

If characters were chosen to return based on their efficacy in competitive tournaments, Ganondorf and Roy would have gotten the chop years ago.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
After doing some thinking, I've decided I definitely want Corrin in Smash.

We have Marth and Lucina, two standard fencers. We have Ike, a heavy-hitting swordsman. We have Roy, a swordsman whom commands fire. We have Robin, a devious tactician whom weilds books and blades. We have Link with his gadgets. And we have Pit and Meta Knight with their wings.

BUT...you know what we DON'T have? A sword weilder whom commands WATER! Just imagine the possibilities. This, combined with the fact that Corrin can turn into a dragon, would make a very interesting playstyle. Even if Corrin was a semi-clone, he/she would undoubtedly bring a new recipe to the menu.

Any OBJECTION!!'S?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Well what do you know, a realistic depiction of the Corrin and Azura fans that raged war in Gamefaqs for the past few weeks. Good thing we aren't like that around here, am I right? :troll:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
As long as Corrin doesn't replace Robin in the next game if it comes to that. I like Robin a lot more in concept than Corrin, at least visually. I heard that you can't change Corrin's bodytype like you could with Robin, which is what I loved about FE:A, where I could make him look older. I actually don't like Male Corrin all that much at all, other than the fact that he can apparently turn into a dragon, which we all know would be Final Smash bait anyway. Female Corrin looks slightly better.

Correct me if I'm wrong on being unable to change Corrin's body type.

Corrin and Azura both can bring something new to the table in terms of FE characters, but Azura wins out over her use of a lance and not another frickin' sword.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As long as Corrin doesn't replace Robin in the next game if it comes to that. I like Robin a lot more in concept than Corrin, at least visually. I heard that you can't change Corrin's bodytype like you could with Robin, which is what I loved about FE:A, where I could make him look older. I actually don't like Male Corrin all that much at all, other than the fact that he can apparently turn into a dragon, which we all know would be Final Smash bait anyway. Female Corrin looks slightly better.

Correct me if I'm wrong on being unable to change Corrin's body type.

Corrin and Azura both can bring something new to the table in terms of FE characters, but Azura wins out over her use of a lance and not another frickin' sword.
You can basically change the body type for your Avatar (young and mature for male and young and little sister for female), but in much more limited ways unlike the last time.

Then again, Azura blows him out of the water in terms of having more unique option when he practically gets most of the screen time in the game.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Totally forgot about Aqua/Azura. She would definitely be unique as well. Again, she would differentiate from the other Fire Emblem representatives in that she uses water--and a lance. Given the fact that she's a dancer, I could see her having a much more fluid fighting style than Marth and the others.

I'll settle for either Corrin or Azura.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
You can basically change the body type for your Avatar (young and mature for male and young and little sister for female), but in much more limited ways unlike the last time.

Then again, Azura blows him out of the water in terms of having more unique option when he practically gets most of the screen time in the game.
Why not 3 like last time? Mature FemRobin was best FemRobin. I think default Male Corrin looks too skinny, him and his pencil neck. I don't like his hair either. Thankfully he's customizable to some degree, as I'll be getting at least one version of Fates regardless, but I can't seem to settle on Birthright or Conquest. I might settle on Conquest, if it's really about leading a rebellion from the inside, as opposed to Birthright which feels very similar to a more Oriental Awakening, it doesn't help that the queen and prince basically make me think of Emmeryn and Chrom.

Top Bottom