• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
you shut yer ass up i gave a detailed explanation

What do ya'll think of Barret's VA in the remake? It's the only thing I feel a little iffy about with the remake. I'm not sure I like his redesign either, I liked this model.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
JET FROM COWBOY BEBOP VOICES BARRET IN AC

AS LONG AS HE IS VOICING BARRET IN THE REMAKE THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS
That's exactly what I'm worried about... he doesn't sound like he does in AC at all to me...
And I'm not a fan of his redesign either... He's too skinny...
StriderAaron360 StriderAaron360 A "quick sketch", he says. That's amazing! plz teach me how to draw that well that quickly

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
mario123007 mario123007 BB may not be the best idea actually, it's very laggy, and while it's size does force Mac to jump/roll past it, we can't punish him if he rolls and it doesn't really make him approach. His speed also makes it easier to punish us if we mess up or he's able to powershield it from a run.
Indeed,but I found it's useful for edguarding Little Mac.
Just don't be too predictable with it. :p

Mac might not have an answer for BB, but than doesn't mean the Mac player can't time dodges or shield predictable attacks.
Exactly.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Tifa is waifu for laifu. I went on a nice date with her last night. I f*cked up the play and she bitchslapped me, but afterward we went on a really nice and romantic gondola ride...
Then Cait Sith turned up and decided to be a **** and ruin our perfect evening
I know you can date Yuffie/Aerith/Barret(?) but Tifa was the woman for me.

@7NATOR You said you wanted to play as Sephiroth? You don't. I just finished the Temple of the Ancients and I discovered he's crazy

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I heard about the Rosa social thread.

Struck me as odd, to say the least.
All of this talk about what happened on a social I don't go to and the obvious thing would be to allow my curiosity to get the better of me and ask what exactly happened. However, I'm assuming whatever happened is done and could be left in the past and just never brought up. It also doesn't concern me in the slightest since, as I said, I don't go there.
The problem has to do with a mishandling of a certain offense. I removed some images, but was later told by the staff that the images were "not" the problem, but it was the sexual comments in response to the images that were the "real" problem. I did apologize for the goof-up, but sadly, that fell on deaf ears by a couple users.

After the incident, I created a new Rosalina social thread with some important rule notes, but I still end up getting trash talk for it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Being a mod can be an annoying job. Trust me, I know.

A few missteps and rip you in regards to how your users respect and treat you.
Yeah I'm just trying to follow what the superior moderators are telling me. However, the offense mishandling last week really caused a good amount of whiplash, and I really don't like making enemies. Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done when you're expected to do your job.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Do you guys think I can apply for mod if I have no social media accounts? I looked at the survey and it asked me to list my other social media accounts - is it even worth trying if I don't have any?

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Yeah I'm just trying to follow what the superior moderators are telling me. However, the offense mishandling last week really caused a good amount of whiplash, and I really don't like making enemies. Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done when you're expected to do your job.
Whatever the case of what happened on your board, it's good to hear both sides of the story before jumping to conclusions.

Plus, don't take the incident too hard. Take it as an example to improving yourself as a moderator. It's always better to have a few people dislike you for doing your job (they really shouldn't unless there is a GOOD reason for it) than having several people dislike you for doing it wrong or poorly.

Do you guys think I can apply for mod if I have no social media accounts? I looked at the survey and it asked me to list my other social media accounts - is it even worth trying if I don't have any?
You can still try if you want, but I think you'd be better off if you DO have something, though.

Actually, after looking at this post, maybe I should apply for moderator myself after school. Doubt I'll get anything, but I'll give it a shot. If that doesn't work, I can always get a recommendation from mods and hope for the best. ;)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The only advice that I can give to you all is wait for the staff to contact you. Only the administrators can decide who is viable for the moderator status, and it's definitely not something that can be taken lightly.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Tino chill lol.

M&SG has been chill here and hasnt caused any problems, so I'd expect that you'd do the same. You even tagged him too, you're deff being some form of hostile atm.

If you got beef you want to settle, take it to forum issues or PM.

But obviously this isnt the place for that.

This is a place for ****posting. not ****ty posting.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Is it just me that like never uses CS?
Regular or Limit? Because you should be using LB CS. If it's just Regular CS, you should use it more to get the most out of Cloud.
Tino chill lol.

M&SG has been chill here and hasnt caused any problems, so I'd expect that you'd do the same. You even tagged him too, you're deff being some form of hostile atm.

If you got beef you want to settle, take it to forum issues or PM.

But obviously this isnt the place for that.

This is a place for ****posting. not ****ty posting.
Agreed. Now let's all just go back to being a friendly community. We don't need to make the situation any worse.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Is it just me that like never uses CS?
Use it more

I just use it when I get that feeling, "use this now"
not very helpful, eh?
I use it from nair, as a substitute for DA (does more damage but isn't as safe and doesn't launch as far) and out of a pivot
It does do really good damage.
I've also been thinking we could use the first two hits as bait - people who know how badly it links will try to jump/mash an aerial and we may be able to shieldgrab if they're mashing out their silly combo breaker
The first hit can also jab lock an opponent lying on a platform above you

EDIT: Gaiz plz help me. I got Vincent and I put him in my party. I'm loving his character, but I'm really not a fan of his Limit Breaks. They're really restrictive to me, and as someone who loves using Limit Breaks, this is a huge turn off for me. Should I just use Barret instead? He would be my second choice, I'm really considering it.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
EDIT: Gaiz plz help me. I got Vincent and I put him in my party. I'm loving his character, but I'm really not a fan of his Limit Breaks. They're really restrictive to me, and as someone who loves using Limit Breaks, this is a huge turn off for me. Should I just use Barret instead? He would be my second choice, I'm really considering it.
I think from what i remember Vincent's limit breaks can regen health once he has morphed and can deal a lot of damage. (someone correct me if i am wrong)

Barrett might have more powerful limit breaks since they consist of physical blows like Angermax or catastrophe but it is really your decision. I would choose Barrett for his limit breaks IMO.

If my advice sounds terrible then sorry. I have not been playing the game for some time now.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
GHNeko GHNeko ~Skelly~ ~Skelly~

Ugh, fine, Whatever. I'll try to be more...reasonable.
You're fine, man. We just don't want an unnecessary fight happening here, that's all.
I am OK. I have been spending most of my time playing Melee and i am finding a main for Smash 4 right now. How are you?
I'm doing good. On spring break right now, so I'm going to take this time to play Fates, Smash or whatever, put out an application for a job and do some college work.

D

Deleted member

Pretty good. I start spring break tomorrow, which is nice. Yourself?
This upcoming week is exam week. Weekend is looking pretty busy. Have a tournament at school on Friday then I go to a regional from Saturday-Sunday, which I'm really nervous for.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
This upcoming week is exam week. Weekend is looking pretty busy. Have a tournament at school on Friday then I go to a regional from Saturday-Sunday, which I'm really nervous for.
Aye, best of luck to you then. Just do your best, but above all, have fun.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Eyyy guys, just got back from my local weekly. MAN WAS IT A ROLLER COASTER RIDE.

So I 2-0 a yoshi to start off the tourney. Hype! The guy gets salty as heck and I happily report the result. Here's the thing, the TO messed up and there was some confusion. I wasn't supposed to play him, and well, the set was played for nothing. I play a really good Lil Mac eventually (on stream as well) and to put it short, I blew multiple huge leads and choke to close out the set. Bummer. But then I go on a crazy loser's run, multiple times clutching it out again, until I get to loser's Quarters and well, again blow a huge lead multiple times. Moral of the story, when your ahead, don't get ahead of yourself and finish off the game. Literally every time the thought "oh the game is in the bag" I end up losing. Oh well, ended up tied for 5th of 32

Anyhow, for those of you that mind helping me out, if you could please look over my lil mac match and tell me what I did wrong, I'd appreciate it :)

https://www.twitch.tv/arcadeodyssey/v/53866427

*Sorry for the lack of audio, the stream ppl were not paying attention lol.

Edit: This weekly usually has alot of top level people like Dath, DJ Jack, MVD, and even purple guy ED (he had a story featured on smashboards not too long ago), but I guess none of those guys came.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Nothing really special. Basically, I just drive a forklift or an electric pallet truck the whole 8 hours.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Nothing really special. Basically, I just drive a forklift or an electric pallet truck the whole 8 hours.
Sounds a lot more fun than my previous jobs.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
IMG_0614.jpg

Rest in peace Aerith. It was sad - I thought I wasn't really attached to her, but I was... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I think I'll stay with Vincent in my party now though. Also that thing about going through the story with only the Buster Sword? F**k that. That ice wasteland was such a *****... ugh

Top Bottom