• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Page 101, baby!

It's ok, Wonder Red... you're still in Smash... in my heart...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Has anyone seen M2K's :4cloud:

I don't know if anyone else has been watching the genesis stream today but Cloud has done great today.
I saw it and it's just... OK. Like GHNeko GHNeko said, his Cloud is kinda basic from what I've seen. He really loves camping with Limit Charge and goes in when he wants to.

He was eliminated from what I've heard.

How is Cloud repping at Genesis?
Not too good...
Could be better.

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
Not too good...
Could be better.
Really? I'm actually pretty surprised, I see a lot of Cloud on FG. Thats interesting, That bums me out because Cloud is one of my new mains (Cloud and Sonic woot!) and I hoped to see how more pro players plays as him, he's still relatively new so maybe that's why/

The_Cardinal

We have become a spectacle to the world.
NNID
CardinalGP
Not too good...
Could be better.
The Japanese Clouds are still doing pretty well if I'm correct. Rain is in loser's top 32 and Komorikiri is still in I think, although both are not solo Cloud mains. And this is nothing to say of doubles, where Cloud is putting in mad work, with one sitting in WF currently and the double Cloud team sitting in Loser's Quarters.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Double Cloud IS OP, dude. it's such a high/top tier team. Cloud is fairing very well here at Genesis 3. Sheik is obviously going to still do well, but there have been a lot of upsets so far.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I cant watch it D: can you tell me wat happened?
basically 2 japanese players are camping limit break in doubles and when they get the chance they grab an opponent and throw them into the other cloud and that cloud uses finishing touch to kill the opponent at fairly low percents.

its absolutely hilarious and a very good strat.

it seems like a lot of players are treating cloud in doubles like cloud in singles and that's very obviously not the case because cloud's weaknesses are being masked heavily by a partner in doubles lol.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I saw it and it's just... OK. Like GHNeko GHNeko said, his Cloud is kinda basic from what I've seen. He really loves camping with Limit Charge and goes in when he wants to.
Yeah, he does seem to camp limit charging. I still like how M2K plays him lol. I honestly didn't think M2K played Smash 4 alot lol.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
So I think the reason why Fsmash is so damn strong is not because of the last hit, but because the first 2 hits can add between 5-7% to the enemy, and that's a fairly big jump for the final hit which does 12-13%.

So if your opponent was at like 65% when you hit them with fsmash then they're gonna be at 70-72% when the final 12-13% comes in which brings them to 82-85%.

Most of my early fsmash kills come when the first 2 hits are there; not when i clip just the 3rd one.

Also Komoriki is not the MVP. Ranai is.

Finishing Touch had a fairly strong impact but really only because of Ranai.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Damn did he really?

That sucks.

If there are no more clouds then I guess I'm not watching Smash 4 anymore except for Ranai.

Last edited:

Random4811

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Random4811
3DS FC
3093-7532-1720
M2K's cloud is basic af.
This.

I've been saying this since I saw m2k's cloud videos, but everybodys like "he's so good with cloud omg"

He doesnt hardly take advantage of Cloud's tools. His cloud looks like my day 5 Cloud, honestly. His performance with the character is entirely due to his inherent skill at Smash.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Guys um.... Komorikiri broke top 32 playing mostly Cloud... in a tournament that has over 1000 entrants. For being a character that is barely a month old, that's fantastic. His tournament results have come in alot quicker than any of the other DLC characters by a long shot (Cloud is inherently easier to play than Ryu, but still). People are saying that Cloud can't be that good because of his recovery (and how exploitable it is vs. Shiek), but a month in, and our boy already doing work. Add to the fact that no American player (aside M2K I guess) has really invested into the character yet. I'm pleased with his results in G3 (Cloud I mean).

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Cloud did amazing.

All of you are just ****ing spoiled by the age we live in and want instant results.

Lyled

Smash Rookie
Guys um.... Komorikiri broke top 32 playing mostly Cloud... in a tournament that has over 1000 entrants. For being a character that is barely a month old, that's fantastic. His tournament results have come in alot quicker than any of the other DLC characters by a long shot (Cloud is inherently easier to play than Ryu, but still). People are saying that Cloud can't be that good because of his recovery (and how exploitable it is vs. Shiek), but a month in, and our boy already doing work. Add to the fact that no American player (aside M2K I guess) has really invested into the character yet. I'm pleased with his results in G3 (Cloud I mean).
Yep totally agree with you. I'm greedy and hoping for even better results but it's great that there is Cloud rep in top 32.

It's great that one of Japan's top players is picking him up as a main. Will definitely help move his metagame along a lot faster. It's a pity that there aren't any top players in the America trying to put in work with him other than maybe Tweek (he's really good but don't really consider him a top player).

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Cloud did amazing.
This is the TLDR of my earlier post haha.

And

Yep totally agree with you. I'm greedy and hoping for even better results but it's great that there is Cloud rep in top 32.

It's great that one of Japan's top players is picking him up as a main. Will definitely help move his metagame along a lot faster. It's a pity that there aren't any top players in the America trying to put in work with him other than maybe Tweek (he's really good but don't really consider him a top player).
You also have M2K, but he is sort of Sonicfying the way Cloud is being perceived (Cloud shouldn't necessarily play quite as defensively as M2K does it). When LB cancelling, d throw follow ups (yes, there are some things you can do with it) and kill set ups get more refined, I would be surprised if Cloud isn't regarded a top 10 character, particularly if we can nail down the Shiek MU.

Lyled

Smash Rookie
This is the TLDR of my earlier post haha.

And

You also have M2K, but he is sort of Sonicfying the way Cloud is being perceived (Cloud shouldn't necessarily play quite as defensively as M2K does it). When LB cancelling, d throw follow ups (yes, there are some things you can do with it) and kill set ups get more refined, I would be surprised if Cloud isn't regarded a top 10 character, particularly if we can nail down the Shiek MU.
Well yeah but I feel M2K doesn't join much tourneys for Smash 4 to be considered a top player for Smash 4. He has amazing fundamentals though. He'd definitely do great if he puts in more time in Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

After some thinking... I am going to main Cloud now. I'm having a lot of fun with him and I am doing pretty well with him. It was honestly a tough decision since I'm a Luigi loyalist... but I will still main him as well.

I think that this is pretty amazing news and, no matter the results that come today, Cloud did pretty amazing here. Having a Cloud player in the top 32 and having a double Cloud team get pretty far (proving that Cloud can be scary in doubles), I think people will re-evaluate Cloud as a serious threat.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Cloud could be considered a threat if we do keep getting positive results but it really depends what happens in the future and how match ups work.

It is great to hear about what happened at Genesis 3 though.

Last edited:

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
glad to hear Cloud is killing it. Now the question is will Bayonetta kill it? Interested to see how she plays out in tourneys

Salty Players that lose to Cloud be like

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
This.

I've been saying this since I saw m2k's cloud videos, but everybodys like "he's so good with cloud omg"

He doesnt hardly take advantage of Cloud's tools. His cloud looks like my day 5 Cloud, honestly. His performance with the character is entirely due to his inherent skill at Smash.
But this is the thing with Smash 4 in general. Fundamentals still reign supreme above all else in this game, particularly if you're using a character with the frame data and tools to succeed (Cloud imo is definitely one of those characters). The fact that M2K's 'basic' Cloud was able to make it to top 64 of one of the largest and probably the most stacked Smash 4 tournaments to date is a testament to this imo. There were probably Clouds more aware of or proficient with his more niche tech and setups that drowned in pools simply because they lacked the fundamental skills in areas like spacing, timing and situational awareness to go the extra mile in this game.

These, imo, are the skills us Smash 4 players need to prioritise in order to truly succeed. Tech skill and setups in this game should be an extension as opposed to a priority.

My apologies for going off on a tangent, just thought this should be addressed :]

Zenithia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-6013-0446-3047
Yeah, and there's really no harm in having a basic Cloud. He was only released a month ago and it'll take some time for players like M2K to even know how to utilize him well.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
Yeah, and there's really no harm in having a basic Cloud. He was only released a month ago and it'll take some time for players like M2K to even know how to utilize him well.
Hopefully in a few months people utilize him to his full potential and we get some neat stuff.

Edit: In other news, I'm proud to say I went 1-5 in Smashladder with Cloud. RIP me and my goofy mistakes.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
So I just played a couple games as Shulk.

Then I went back to Cloud. Jesus Christ, you feel so FREE! So fast! Better aerials! Such airspeed! Fast killmoves! LMAO
Also this was my first time playing as FFVII Cloud. The sword looks so different in his attacks...

Last edited:

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
So I just played a couple games as Shulk.

Then I went back to Cloud. Jesus Christ, you feel so FREE! So fast! Better aerials! Such airspeed! Fast killmoves! LMAO
Also this was my first time playing as FFVII Cloud. The sword looks so different in his attacks...
I feel kinda the same way, but I do feel some sentimental value towards Shulk. I might have grown up with Cloud and play him much more often, but I do love Shulk's MArts, MALLC, and his game.

Cloud still feels much better lately though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom