• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

D

Deleted member

Zack wielding a normal Buster Sword, yet seemingly a "higher rank" than Cloud in SOLDIER (Cloud apparently didn't even make it into SOLDIER, even though his Boxing Ring tag is "First Class Soldier" lol)
Zack wields the Buster Sword after he defeated Angeal. He told Zack that he would be his living legacy and to carry on.
I think Zack was a 1st Class SOLDIER, if not very close in that rank; Cloud was merely an infantryman. The two quickly became best friends and saw each other in one another.
After the Nibelheim incident where Sephiroth destroyed the town, they were experimented on and Cloud suffered through Mako poisoning. While escaping, Zack told Cloud about his whole story and, due to the poisoning, Cloud's memories started to combine with or morph into Zack's memories but with Cloud. At the start of FF7, Cloud believes he's Zack and that he was a First Class SOLDIER. When Zack dies, he gives Cloud the Buster Sword and says that Cloud will be Zack's living legacy.
Cloud doesn't remember who Zack is or the fact that he exists until much later. Cloud was experimented on similarly to how people in SOLDIER are enhanced, as seen by the blue eyes (the mark of a SOLDIER).
His Boxing Arena title is really in reference to how he is viewed at the beginning of the game.

Speaking of which, I should get a PSP someday so that I could play Crisis Core... though I want to use my money for other games, so Crisis Core will be put on hold for a long time.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Good luck to all the Clouds at Genesis. :4cloud:

Good luck everybody! :D

After rewatching Advent Children for the umpteenth time (first time without any lag though, it was beautiful), and seeing Zack wielding a normal Buster Sword, yet seemingly a "higher rank" than Cloud in SOLDIER (Cloud apparently didn't even make it into SOLDIER, even though his Boxing Ring tag is "First Class Soldier" lol), I was wondering, where does Cloud get the Fusion Sword? He seems to be wielding the same type of sword as Zack (hell, it may even be Zack's) in the flashback battle against Sephiroth, so when and where does he get the most badass sword/s? in history from?
Yeah, Cloud never made it into SOLDIER. It's actually a huge part of the plot of FF7. I don't want to spoil it all for you if you haven't played FFVII, yet. But, you are right, Cloud's Buster Sword is Zack's. And as far as I know, there's no explanation of where Cloud got the Fusion Swords.

In other news, I finally finished FFVI today. I didn't enjoy it as much as FFVII.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just want to get a PlayStation 4 so I could play the other Final Fantasy games besides the VII remake when they come out. Hoping to buy it after I file my tax returns.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Zack wields the Buster Sword after he defeated Angeal. He told Zack that he would be his living legacy and to carry on.
I think Zack was a 1st Class SOLDIER, if not very close in that rank; Cloud was merely an infantryman. The two quickly became best friends and saw each other in one another.
After the Nibelheim incident where Sephiroth destroyed the town, they were experimented on and Cloud suffered through Mako poisoning. While escaping, Zack told Cloud about his whole story and, due to the poisoning, Cloud's memories started to combine with or morph into Zack's memories but with Cloud. At the start of FF7, Cloud believes he's Zack and that he was a First Class SOLDIER. When Zack dies, he gives Cloud the Buster Sword and says that Cloud will be Zack's living legacy.
Cloud doesn't remember who Zack is or the fact that he exists until much later. Cloud was experimented on similarly to how people in SOLDIER are enhanced, as seen by the blue eyes (the mark of a SOLDIER).
His Boxing Arena title is really in reference to how he is viewed at the beginning of the game.

Speaking of which, I should get a PSP someday so that I could play Crisis Core... though I want to use my money for other games, so Crisis Core will be put on hold for a long time.
Wow. Alright then. That's ****ed up, man. Jeez.

Can Crisis Core be played on anything else?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Good luck to all of the Clouds attending Genesis! Remember to embrace your dreams and defend your honor as SOLDIER!

It's not re-released on the Vita like Dissidia 012 is, so no. :( PSPs are cheap I think, but I don't feel like shelling out money for one now.

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
Wow. Alright then. That's ****ed up, man. Jeez.

PSPs are relatively cheap nowadays I picked mine up for about €50 which is probably around $60-$70 (not accounting for different tax rates) emulation is also an option if you can run it

Last edited:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Thanks everyone! They're definitely tough. Having Komorikiri to play with once in a while would definitely help him too. I got no regrets.

Last edited:

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
Hiya Cloud Social!

I was wondering if I could have some help learning the character, I'm a bit frustrated after putting in some time with Cloud, it feels like I'm getting worse rather than better in terms of Cloud. Anyone mind helping me out?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I'm down for playing Cloud Dittos with you online.

Infinite Time on an Omega stage. We keep playing until one of us wants to take a break.

We can DM each other in the cloud discord or IM each other on LINE if you use it.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
I'm down for playing Cloud Dittos with you online.

Infinite Time on an Omega stage. We keep playing until one of us wants to take a break.

We can DM each other in the cloud discord or IM each other on LINE if you use it.
I gotta join the discord and stuff. :V

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I don't got Line, I can go download it pretty quick if ya want me to.
if you're alright with that.

either way, discord or line is fine with me. I know LINE would at least let me voice chat on mobile; idk if Discord can.

So we can chat vocally while we play and talk about stuff.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
So i know this is probably a really dumb question, but has anyone translated his voice yet? ( i had a rough time trying to say that properly in my head xD)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Smooth Criminal Smooth Criminal you wanna practice with me now or nah?

Me and KittyKyat KittyKyat found some neat things.

Like CrossSlash making recovery much safer if you wall jump for recovery.

And that dair does as surprising amount of shield damage.

I'm also pretty sure I've convinced him that non-limit break cloud is a lot better in the neutral than limit break cloud lol.

KittyKyat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
esskaytwo
So i know this is probably a really dumb question, but has anyone translated his voice yet? ( i had a rough time trying to say that properly in my head xD)
Victory Lines: No hard feelings - Dissidia Victory Pose
Better luck next time - When he stares at the Camera
I'm out of your league - When he strikes at the screen

Taunt : Not interested - Taunt with FF7 victory pose

Forgot what he said for Omnislash.

Oh and yea GHNeko GHNeko , fun times! Thanks for the fun little labbing and shtuff! <3

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Something I actually found out a while ago, but just remembered. You can hold down to not sweetspot the ledge with LB Climhazzard (common knowledge), and get a little more damage with more risk, OR you can sweetspot during hitlag by realeasing down during hitlag.
Hitlag is that pause that occurs when you connect any attack. Every attack has hitlag, but obviously, some have more than others. Putting this here because I've seen people mistake it for endlag/other stuff, and it bothers me, so I'm getting everybody on the right track, y'know? :D
This may not be imminently obvious due to LB Climhazzard's natural ledge poking properties, but it's also noticeable with Ganon's Dark Fists.

Like CrossSlash making recovery much safer if you wall jump for recovery.

I'm also pretty sure I've convinced him that non-limit break cloud is a lot better in the neutral than limit break cloud lol.
What do you mean with these two?

Victory Lines: No Hard Feelings - Dissidia Victory Pose
Better Luck Next Time - When he stares at the Camera
I'm out of your league - When he strikes at the screen

Taunt : Not Interested - Taunt with FF7 victory pose

Forgot what he said for Omnislash.
Omnislash is, "Your luck has run out."

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
-m0 -m0 if someone is at the ledge and waiting for you to recover and you do a wall jump on your way up, if you hit with cross slash you slow your decent and also cause enough shield stun that following immediately with climhazzard is hard to punish.

also non-limit cloud has a lot more options in neutral than limit cloud due to limit charge canceling, up b oos platform games, and frequent use of b moves, making him more versatile and flexable. with limit cloud you're forced to play neutral with normals and up b oos is something you dont want to do with limit charged.

Last edited:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
-m0 -m0 if someone is at the ledge and waiting for you to recover and you do a wall jump on your way up, if you hit with cross slash you slow your decent and also cause enough shield stun that following immediately with climhazzard is hard to punish.
How many slashes? Also are you sweetspotting ledge early with Climhazzard?

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
How many slashes? Also are you sweetspotting ledge early with Climhazzard?
hit with all 3 slashes on block or hit and I am super sure that you can get back to the ledge for free.

we can test it if you want just to make sure since this was just preliminary testing with KittyKyat.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845

also non-limit cloud has a lot more options in neutral than limit cloud due to limit charge canceling, up b oos platform games, and frequent use of b moves, making him more versatile and flexable. with limit cloud you're forced to play neutral with normals and up b oos is something you dont want to do with limit charged.
Okay, I see what you mean with this. Limit charge canceling is just stopping the charge with b, right? :/ do you know what frame upbs hitbox is out on? I sometimes use it in the middle of being comboed and I'll hear the attack sound, but get no hitbox.

And then I get RCO lag and get comboed even harder D:

Last edited:
Top Bottom