• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
Anyone else notice that Cloud is basically an Ike semi-clone? Aerials are nearly the exact same, jab and dash attack are very similar, dtilt starts combos, utilt starts juggles...

Cloud trades in that meh counter for a brand new Limit gimmick, and Cross Slash is reminiscent of Dancing Blade. He gets a shiny new projectile as well, and technically he has chargeable kill specials. He can wall jump and has good aerial mobility for having no Quick Draw (but he can stall very well with Blade Beam and Cross Slash for his recovery), and his up B is basically a less challenging Aether. There's no spinning sword but you still challenge edgeguards somewhat, and to compensate it's also a tool for snapping on the edge if you're closer to it.

We're basically Ike 2.0. It's like a $5.99 promotion to Lord. Do we have to wear a silly hat now? (I guess we have the hair to make up for that...)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Anyone else notice that Cloud is basically an Ike semi-clone? Aerials are nearly the exact same, jab and dash attack are very similar, dtilt starts combos, utilt starts juggles...

Cloud trades in that meh counter for a brand new Limit gimmick, and Cross Slash is reminiscent of Dancing Blade. He gets a shiny new projectile as well, and technically he has chargeable kill specials. He can wall jump and has good aerial mobility for having no Quick Draw (but he can stall very well with Blade Beam and Cross Slash for his recovery), and his up B is basically a less challenging Aether. There's no spinning sword but you still challenge edgeguards somewhat, and to compensate it's also a tool for snapping on the edge if you're closer to it.

We're basically Ike 2.0. It's like a $5.99 promotion to Lord. Do we have to wear a silly hat now? (I guess we have the hair to make up for that...)
Don't even bother
Uair and Dair are different, combos starting with Dtilt or Utilt have nothing to do with being a semiclone or not, Ike's got a pretty good counter, Ike doesn't have Dancing Blade. Cloud is NOTHING like Ike. As an Ike main, I can clearly feel a huge difference

Metallinatus

Smash Lord

Seriously, you have no idea of what you're saying....
Lucario and Greninja are also Mewtwo "semi" clones, am I right? Am I right?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I played some more Final Fantasy VII.
After getting the buggy, I did what my friend recommended and get some Enemy Skills. The suggested ones were White Wind, Big Guard, Aqualung, and Trine. I got the first three, but Trine had to wait until later.
Cosmo Canyon wasn't too bad, but that spider enemy was particularly powerful. I also enjoyed the end of the dungeon where Red XIII met his father... it was a pretty sad scene.
I then went to Nibelheim, recruited Vincent, and then went and fought the Materia Keeper and got Trine from him. I am going to Rocket Town next.

I have to say... I am confused as to why Nibelheim just disregarded the events from a few years ago... will I find out why? It was a pretty big event...
Oh, yes. Most definitely.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845

Oh my god. You have caused a huge revelation within me. I'm not gonna play Cloud anymore, guys. Why? Because he's just an Ike clone. You know why? Cause his upb goes up and then it goes down! OMG!!11 Cloud Ike clone confirmed.

lol jokes

sorry if this came off harsh, I just had to say that

MarvelFromSmash

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2423-4848-8821
Hey guys, I need you guys to test out these notes I did. I main Cloud.
.Down Tilt is safe on shield
.Ledge Jump Dair
.Uair - Fair 20-70%
-20-30% - Short Hop
-40-50% - Full Hop
-60-70% - Full Hop - Double Jump
.Uair - Up Tilt 0-30%
.Uair - Nair 10-80%
.Uair - Bair 0-20% (Not True)
.Uair - Bair (True)
-21-45% - Short Hop
-46-57% - Full Hop
-58-81% - Double Jump
.Uair - Jab x3 0%
.Uair - Uair 20-90%
.Uair - Uair at 90% is a kill confirm
.Uair - Dair
-0-15% Short Hop
-20-40% Full Hop/Double Jump
~ Marvel :4cloud:

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Hey guys, I need you guys to test out these notes I did. I main Cloud.
.Down Tilt is safe on shield
.Ledge Jump Dair
.Uair - Fair 20-70%
-20-30% - Short Hop
-40-50% - Full Hop
-60-70% - Full Hop - Double Jump
.Uair - Up Tilt 0-30%
.Uair - Nair 10-80%
.Uair - Bair 0-20% (Not True)
.Uair - Bair (True)
-21-45% - Short Hop
-46-57% - Full Hop
-58-81% - Double Jump
.Uair - Jab x3 0%
.Uair - Uair 20-90%
.Uair - Uair at 90% is a kill confirm
.Uair - Dair
-0-15% Short Hop
-20-40% Full Hop/Double Jump
~ Marvel :4cloud:
Dtilt is not safe on shield. Other than that, I pretty much agree with this. It's kind of hard to understand though. Could you elaborate? Also, welcome to the cloud boards!

Last edited:

MarvelFromSmash

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2423-4848-8821
Dtilt is not safe on shield. Other than that, I pretty much agree with this. It's kind of hard to understand though. Could you elaborate? Also, welcome to the cloud boards!
Yeah, I know it isn't safe power shielded. But, If you get close to them, you can down tilt, and if they don't power shield, you're safe

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
Yeah, I know it isn't safe power shielded. But, If you get close to them, you can down tilt, and if they don't power shield, you're safe
idk. I love Cloud's dtilt, and I use it a lot, and there have been times when I've been right on top of somebody and dtilted, and they could just run up and grab me after shield.

Has anybody else been using FH AC dair? I think it's great, it's pretty safe and the descending sourspot can even combo into stuff like Blade Beam, nair, and CS.

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
When you've played Cloud a million times in a row and going back to your main feels super awkward.

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
Welp, didn't realize that semi-clone is a Kappa-static word to throw around here. Sorry :/

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I haven't had many issues with my other characters after using Cloud, but my :4miisword: is a little rusty since I haven't played with friends in awhile.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to Cloud, I've found myself Up-throwing with Marth when the opponent is no range of dying at that percent. Also, using counter with Ike thinking I'm gonna charge my Limit. :4cloud:

D

Deleted member

I recruited Cid and listened to his story. Pretty sad stuff... I'm glad that he made that decision, however. A dream might be dead, but at least a life isn't lost.

I then handled Yuffie's sidequest, or a large majority of it. Getting there was harder than the boss of Wutai; there were some bats with Lightning that did a ton of damage and I had no quick way of finishing them off.
I had a mixed feeling towards Yuffie's story. On one hand, I did feel sympathetic... on the other hand, she told another trick that got me further away from my Materia.

Well, at least I got it back and I went back to the Golden Saucer. The Battle Arena is tough... like really tough. I need to be prepared for it so that I can get Omnislash. So, who did Cloud date? Aerith. Nothing wrong with that except... you know... it feels more sad when you find out what happens later.
Well... at least I made Cloud kiss a dragon. :awesome:

Also, Cait Sith is just annoying.

And with that, I am almost done with Disk 1.

When you've played Cloud a million times in a row and going back to your main feels super awkward.
I kinda know that feel. Playing as Cloud often and going back to Luigi is honestly weird. I think I've gotten used to it, though.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
I just had a huge sadness attack when I realized Wolf won't be in Smash 4. I never played Brawl seriously (read: when I didn't know s**t about the game and I thought the A button didn't do anything lmao) and I can't really dig PM. Brawl Minus Wolf was OK, but he felt incomplete to me. Now going through old posts on the mewtwo social thread saying Wolf was a shoo-in makes me sad. I would have loved in Smash 4. I even thought it would be cool if he had Brawl sound effects as a "gimmick". Wolf was the only character I felt like Brawl SFX fitted with.

:cry::cry:

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I just had a huge sadness attack when I realized Wolf won't be in Smash 4. I never played Brawl seriously (read: when I didn't know s**t about the game and I thought the A button didn't do anything lmao) and I can't really dig PM. Brawl Minus Wolf was OK, but he felt incomplete to me. Now going through old posts on the mewtwo social thread saying Wolf was a shoo-in makes me sad. I would have loved in Smash 4. I even thought it would be cool if he had Brawl sound effects as a "gimmick". Wolf was the only character I felt like Brawl SFX fitted with.

:cry::cry:
Look on the brightside though, we got the likes of Robin, Greninja, Palutena and many more in this game; not to mention big names like Pac-Man, Megaman, Sonic, Ryu, our very own Cloud Strife, and soon, Bayonetta are in it as well.

Sure, it does feel empty that Wolf, or even the Ice Climbers aren't in the game, but when you have characters like those mentioned above, I think it was a good trade. :laugh:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
It's a big win for sure. Nairo seemed to be playing very sloppy as Zero Suit Samus, but Cloud was getting his ass HANDED to him by Dark Pit. Not sure if that's intentional or not ala black angel winged being.

I'm excited to see Cloud doing so well and hope I can do some similar work in the future.

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
It's a big win for sure. Nairo seemed to be playing very sloppy as Zero Suit Samus, but Cloud was getting his *** HANDED to him by Dark Pit. Not sure if that's intentional or not ala black angel winged being.

I'm excited to see Cloud doing so well and hope I can do some similar work in the future.
Yeah, his ZSS was pretty rusty and he switched to her just to get mu information for bigger events probably.... but still, Tweek beat many not-rusty characters to get in the Grand Finals.... I don't know if he was using Cloud all along, though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, his ZSS was pretty rusty and he switched to her just to get mu information for bigger events probably.... but still, Tweek beat many not-rusty characters to get in the Grand Finals.... I don't know if he was using Cloud all along, though.
Tweek was supposedly using Cloud for the entirety of the event, which is pretty awesome.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Okay, serious question. I feel that this may have already been discussed, but since we have at least one more balance patch coming out, do you think Cloud might get buffs, nerfs, or remain unchanged the next patch?

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Okay, serious question. I feel that this may have already been discussed, but since we have at least one more balance patch coming out, do you think Cloud might get buffs, nerfs, or remain unchanged the next patch?
If anything I'm hoping they fix his recovery to at least ledge snap. Maybe tone down the knock back of his F-smash as well but honestly considering it's one of his primary kill moves I wouldn't be too upset if they left it as is.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I feel like they might patch the couple of things that aren't linking as they're intended, like how Bowser and a few others can jump out of Cross Slash, or how the first hit of DSmash doesn't link into the second properly.
Also, I'd like them to buff how fast Finishing Touch comes out.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I hope they do give him a ledgesnap. Aside from that though, the only thing I can see right now that could possibly happen is a nerf (small preferably, should it happen) to his damage output.

I WOULD like to see his throws get buffed in the next patch, but who knows.

Edit: Hey, my 1000th post!

Last edited:

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
If anyone wants to play tonight, I'll be online. I'm traveling tomorrow and intend to sleep through the plane ride, so I intend to stay up late and tire myself out.

Message me, if you're interested.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
This character is perfectly fine as is, you don't want his recovery ledge-snapping at all, trust me. He already has two different ways to stall before he double jumps and an important piece of advice when recovering with this character that I will give is that you don't always have to ride DIRECTLY below the ledge, you have a very wide horizontal snapbox at the end of Up+B. Abuse it. Abuse your dumb FAF on aerials, abuse your two stalls, you'll find the gimps to happen MUCH, MUCH less. All of this character's throws net you mostly solid positioning and if they were any better I think it would also be incredibly unfair because he'd lack any form of counterplay based on his kit. I think this character is incredibly good and most certainly 100% viable, his results right now have already shown me this. His weaknesses, while they are weaknesses, I don't believe are gigantic enough to greatly restrict this character.

That being said, things I'd like: DSmash not being techable, maybe improve the connection ratio of Cross Slash a bit (in turn the damage could probably be adjusted, 19% is a lot off of a frame ten long range move)

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
DSmash not being techable, maybe improve the connection ratio of Cross Slash a bit (in turn the damage could probably be adjusted, 19% is a lot off of a frame ten long range move)
This. Although I don't think a move should be nerfed in exchange to have it work as intended.
Off topic, anyone else struggle in the Link MU?

Last edited:
Top Bottom