• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I'm not a fan of Finishing Touch. It's a great option for an early stock. I have very little success with it -- I tend to get hit out of the animation before Cloud even raises his sword.
The aerial version'a hitbox extends above Cloud, I believe, which is why so many people are using up tilt to combo into it.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I'll try it. I've found more success with LB Cross Slash or just holding onto my LB charge and force my opponent to get super jumpy/impatient and I punish them for it.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
So apparently a dude named Tweek beat Nairo's ZSS in a Grand Finals yesterday with Cloud.

Hey, now. Don't go comparing Falcon to Little Mac.
Falcon actually takes some skill.
Signed, a salty Cloud main with a Falcon secondary.
Falcon takes more skill than Little Mac? I have to disagree there; Falcon is the most pick-up-and-go character in the game.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Falcon takes more skill than Little Mac? I have to disagree there; Falcon is the most pick-up-and-go character in the game.
First, let me qualify: I'm talking about For Glory, Final Destination only.
That said, yes, THE Captain Falcon has considerable speed and power. But he also has a rather predictable recovery, and a lot of laggy moves. And he requires a lot of precise spacing to get the most out of him.
Yes, Mac's recovery is the worst in the game. But he's very fast, both in terms of movement and attacks, and his super armor is ridiculous. Finally, his KO punch can be hit- confirmed from jab and dtilt. Final Destination just plays to his strengths. When in doubt, just smash.

Last edited:

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Someone actually beaten Nairos ZSS with Cloud?! I think Cloud has a high chance to be top tier now. I might possibly make him my actual main.

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I'm not a fan of Finishing Touch. It's a great option for an early stock, but I have little success with it. The majority of the time I've tried to use it, my opponent miraculously hits me with their ****in' baby toe during the wind up and completely cancels the animation.
Neither do i... I prefer Cross Slash cuz by the time I actually can use a Charged Limit Break, they're already at about 115% and Cross Slash usually kills easily around that percentage.

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
Very beautiful set with Tweek repping Cloud nation and putting in work against Nairo.
I wanted to watch this set ever since I heard it happened... then I found out the first 3 games are with Dark Pit. :tired:

I thought that Cloud was a defensive swordfighter, and then we have this R-button angel right here. I would have stopped watching if it wasn't for those ZSS games.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, i just wanted to say that i find Cloud very fun to play. He has his pro and con. But his pro are just so good an fun that i just love this character. And i find him very intersting to watch at High Level. So yeah, i really like Cloud.:4cloud: And i hope you the best guys with him. ;)

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Right sorry Smooth Criminal.

-------------

I was wondering this but has anyone found a good shield pressuring option for Cloud?

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
Grab, Blade Beam, Tomahawk, and more specifically Instant Limit Charge D-tilt Crossup, or LB Cross Slash to read?

Wonder what else there is.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Welp, I'm still convinced that Cloud is one of Rosalina's worst MUs. Beaten a friend of mine's Rosalina, one of whom I struggled with a lot in the past, with him. 'Twas Glorious.

So Nairo's ZSS got bested by a Cloud player? This pleases me that my main is doing so well in the metagame.

Someone actually beaten Nairos ZSS with Cloud?! I think Cloud has a high chance to be top tier now. I might possibly make him my actual main.
Join us Blue. Join us.

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Tweek's also pretty good. Most likely the best Bowser Jr in the world and very successful at a pretty young age. Also apparently a really good Cloud.

Buckstrom

Futile. Futile! FUTILE!
NNID
Buckstrom
3DS FC
1650-4551-1475
An empty hop. I always call it a tomahawk even though it is a pretty vague term.

D

Deleted member

Heh, I mained Shulk when the game came out and Ryu when he came out. I had no idea Shulk had a high learning curve.
Same for me with Shulk. I played with him a lot initially, but I stopped when I saw that I wasn't making much progress and I was just constantly losing. It honestly discouraged me because of Shulk's step learning curve and I can't do MALLC (Monado Arts Landing Lag Cancel), a tech that is necessary for Shulk's metagame. He eventually became a chore to play...
It was hard for me to drop him because I am a massive fan of Xenoblade and Shulk is my second favorite video game character.
I play as Ryu for fun.

Cloud can beat Zero Suit Samus. Blade beam can beat her Zair and his U-smash can counter her D-special. I noticed that its very hard to get into Clouds face.

But still I think Zero suit has a bit more of an edge cause she kills at 40%.
I think that Cloud has the potential to beat Zero Suit Samus. When I go Luigi against her, it's harder for me to really combo her and such, even before patch 1.1.1. I have an easier time fighting her with Cloud, mainly due to his range and power... he does have ways to cover up her strengths. Cloud just needs to be patient in this fight.

I'm not a fan of Finishing Touch. It's a great option for an early stock, but I have little success with it. The majority of the time I've tried to use it, my opponent miraculously hits me with their ****in' baby toe during the wind up and completely cancels the animation.
I hate Finishing Touch. Out of all the Limit Breaks, I use this one the least. I can never land the damn move properly and I just get punished as a result. I mean, it's a good mixup, but it's a very risky move and I don't like it for that.

So apparently a dude named Tweek beat Nairo's ZSS in a Grand Finals yesterday with Cloud.
Holy crap! Really? Th-that's amazing! :O

Tomahawk? What's that?
Someone mentioned this before, but an empty jump. It's really good for mindgames where you could empty jump into something like a grab or a smash attack or nothing for example. Pretty damn useful as a mixup as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
It's funny that empty hops are mix ups in the first place lol

Anyway, it's Christmas Eve and everyone's getting hyped for their presents and such. So I just wanna say to anyone that celebrates the holidays, to have a very Cloudy Christmas!

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Finishing Touch is OK. It is a strong move because of the high knockback indeed but i do find it hard to land sometimes. I don't really use it often though...

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
Finishing Touch is a good move. Great as an anti air, useful windbox for gimping bad recoveries, good for intercepting predictable recoveries, and for punishing/reading.

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Personally for me, the most consistent way I get my LB off is either by conditioning the opponent to air dodge when above me (I like to uair alot) or when I notice a particular rolling habit.

Lunais

Smash Cadet
Or learn your %'s and land and easy GROUND Up Air into Finishing Touch confirm. 8bit used it vs M2K in their dittos. If I get LB and my opponent is around 30% min I go for the best combo finisher he has. Up Air - j.Down B gg.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Quick question, what would you map the C-Stick to with Cloud? Should I make it Smash, Tilts, Specials, or something else?

(M)

Smash Cadet
I hope in a patch that they make Cloud's colors more vibrant or something. It can be pretty hard to tell which cloud you are in a ffa with certain outfits and everyone in a big tussle.

I also hope (although it probably will never happen) that they added in another song or two with the patch in February to Midgar. I mean if they are adding in the FE: Fates songs, it's possible to add songs into existing stages right?

I'd use his kh1 alt if sakurai added that :(

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
I wanted to watch this set ever since I heard it happened... then I found out the first 3 games are with Dark Pit. :tired:

I thought that Cloud was a defensive swordfighter, and then we have this R-button angel right here. I would have stopped watching if it wasn't for those ZSS games.
As a (former) Dark Pit main, I actually think he's one of the worst matchups for Cloud.

Last edited:

HFlash

Future Physician and Sm4sher
NNID
HFlash
Quick question, what would you map the C-Stick to with Cloud? Should I make it Smash, Tilts, Specials, or something else?
Tilt. Using c stick for aerials gives you the most flexibility in the air (like doing a bair moving forwards or a fair moving backwards). In this game, holding the c stick while doing an aerial actually stunts your air mobility if set to smash, so I dont recommend it. Regardless, Cloud's tilts OOS are god like and setting it to tilt makes it easier, particularly dtilt.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Tilt. Using c stick for aerials gives you the most flexibility in the air (like doing a bair moving forwards or a fair moving backwards). In this game, holding the c stick while doing an aerial actually stunts your air mobility if set to smash, so I dont recommend it. Regardless, Cloud's tilts OOS are god like and setting it to tilt makes it easier, particularly dtilt.
Also it lets you do Tilts out of Cloud's AMAZING Dash early, which is nice. Cloud's Dash IASA is so beautiful ;_;

So yeah, seconding this, C-Stick Attack

CptPuff

Smash Cadet
NNID
SonicHero007
3DS FC
3566-1570-4128
Merry Christmas all!

Quick question: would it actually be to my advantage to memorize things such as what % for each character finishing touch kills with, or is that an unnecessary amount of work for minimal return?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That's...kind of important, bud. You should probably get a general idea of how your FT setups are affected by weight and etc.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all got what you wanted. Looks like I'm the only person that prefers C-Stick set to smash for Cloud

Last edited:
Top Bottom