• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
All my friends say Cloud's FSmash is OP. What do you guys think?
Like what eveyone else said, it's a great kill move with solid range and speed with the only downsides being it's punishable and hardly does any shield damage.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Clouds forward smash is super OP. Great range, kills REALLY early, and locks in the opponent so its inescapable.

Sorry, I assumed you weren't there and went to sleep. How about today though?
Yeah I will be available. Just add me and I will host when you are ready.

That's silly. I'm sure some people would think that but you'll always find someone to think something asinine and find an issue with something.
Can you make a advent children version.

-m0

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4742-6905-2845
It's like Dedede's, minus the shield damage. Not op at all.
Down smash, though...
Fsmash isn't overpowered, per se, but it's good. Definitely good. It needs to be good, considering it's one of Cloud's few kill moves outside of Limit Break. What were you saying about dsmash though, Jesse?

also my brothers name is jesse lol

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Clouds forward smash is super OP. Great range, kills REALLY early, and locks in the opponent so its inescapable.

It's on my list of to do, believe me. I've got a screenshot already. Just haven't had the time.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Cloud vs Ryu is a pretty epic fight: the wandering warrior with fists and feet as hard as mountains versus a quiet swordsman with a human-sized that battles faster than the blink of an eye.

Anyway, I faced a lot of Cloud mains as Ryu when juxtaposed to the amount of fought Ryu mains as Cloud, but I can say the match up is fairly even. Neither fighter holding a huge advantage over the other, so it's a very patient game of footsies and stage control. Both hit like freight trains and it's so much fun to watch/play. I'll give an in-depth analysis when I have more time.

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I just read Sakurai's explanation on Cloud and I realized something. Sakurai made Cloud fight one-handed just as he does in the FF7 Remake gameplay! Very interesting that he had to include that. Makes me wonder where he's getting his sources from.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I played FF7 and I made some progress.
After doing a mission in Fort Condor, I went to Junon to face some boss. The boss wasn't tricky, but that bubble attack that reduces HP was nasty...
In the upper area of Junon, I botched the marching mission completely. It was really damn hard and confusing to do... at least it left me with a funny moment where they gave me a Grenade for failing, as if to say that I should die for my failure. XD
JENOVA wasn't so tough, either. She went down to Bolt2 and some Limit Breaks.
I am now in Costa Del Sol... the beach episode.

Last edited by a moderator:

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
I just read Sakurai's explanation on Cloud and I realized something. Sakurai made Cloud fight one-handed just as he does in the FF7 Remake gameplay! Very interesting that he had to include that. Makes me wonder where he's getting his sources from.
The NX version of FF7 Remake of course!
Hey a man can dream!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Should we expect Advent Cloud to be a choose-able main icon as well? :4cloud:

D

Deleted member

The NX version of FF7 Remake of course!
Hey a man can dream!
I wish this would happen.
I will most likely get the NX and if FF7 Remake was on the system, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Should we expect Advent Cloud to be a choose-able main icon as well? :4cloud:
I'm surprised that Advent Cloud doesn't have his own icon / portrait yet. I mean, if we are giving Overalls Wario, Alph, Wireframe Mac, and the Koopalings their own icons, why not Advent Cloud?

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
So it's absolutely nothing like Dedede's, then.
Fsmash isn't overpowered, per se, but it's good. Definitely good. It needs to be good, considering it's one of Cloud's few kill moves outside of Limit Break. What were you saying about dsmash though, Jesse?

also my brothers name is jesse lol
Just saying that I find F-smash a bit too slow for me to find it reliable, at least in the lag-fest that is FG mode. Fairly easy to punish, what with its end-lag and that it moves Cloud a fair distance forward as he finishes it. It's good against side-stepping though.
But I gotta say: I really, really like D-smash. It's fast as heck, and the lateral knockback on the second hit means it KO's stupid early near the edge of a stage. It also lower's Cloud's hurtbox quite a bit. And stage-spiking with the first hit is one of the happiest accidents a man can have with it.
My biggest complaint is that some of his linking hits don't work right. Mew2king's video demonstrated hot non-LB (and sometimes even LB) Cross Slash can knock opponents out of the full string around the third or fourth hit. Same with D-smash.

Oh, and please pass my compliments along to your parents and their excellent taste in naming children. Unless your real name is Forsythe or something.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Just saying that I find F-smash a bit too slow for me to find it reliable, at least in the lag-fest that is FG mode. Fairly easy to punish, what with its end-lag and that it moves Cloud a fair distance forward as he finishes it. It's good against side-stepping though.
...it's also great at covering ledge options and trapping/punishing errant landings. It's a viable option online and off.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Fsmash. It was the part of your post I quoted that I was focusing on, haha.

Smooth Criminal
Oh. Right. Derp.
Sorry, I'm tired and just polished off a long island iced tea.
But I see where you're coming from. The move is very good. Didn't mean to rag on it. Maybe I'm just a little salty from losing some really bad matches lately. But no, it really is good.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
All my friends say Cloud's FSmash is OP. What do you guys think?
Not even better than Falcon's.

Isn't his floating on his dash a reference to Dissidia?

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Perhaps somebody from the Cloud scene could help with my situation. I main :4lucina: and :4metaknight:, have since the beginning, no question. I'm wondering about a potential 3rd and MAYBE even 4th. However, like usual, my indecisiveness got me at a roadblock.
:4mewtwo: He's an old Melee main alongside Marth. Still left a rather salty aftertaste with how he was treated at his launch though. Favorite pokemon.
:4greninja: 3rd favorite pokemon, behind Gardevoir (Pokken main), and Mewtwo. The only character left from my original 8 characters that I haven't removed, or added to my main list.
:4cloud: If I came here, him being on the list was obvious. :p FF7 was my childhood, so it's to be expected. He's fun to play and is a great counter, HOWEVER, he's SO overused right now. Making it difficult to want to play him. Plus I'm rather janky when it comes to playing as him.
:4corrin:/:4corrinf: This is pure speculation, HOWEVER, I do like the idea of the character. They may be the character that breaks my "1 character per franchise" rule I've had with mains.

Any and all help/advice would be appreciated. Don't know if I'll see the responses for a bit, considering the holidays are coming up, but I'll check back when I can. Thank you, and have happy holidays all!

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Perhaps somebody from the Cloud scene could help with my situation. I main :4lucina: and :4metaknight:, have since the beginning, no question. I'm wondering about a potential 3rd and MAYBE even 4th. However, like usual, my indecisiveness got me at a roadblock.
:4mewtwo: He's an old Melee main alongside Marth. Still left a rather salty aftertaste with how he was treated at his launch though. Favorite pokemon.
:4greninja: 3rd favorite pokemon, behind Gardevoir (Pokken main), and Mewtwo. The only character left from my original 8 characters that I haven't removed, or added to my main list.
:4cloud: If I came here, him being on the list was obvious. :p FF7 was my childhood, so it's to be expected. He's fun to play and is a great counter, HOWEVER, he's SO overused right now. Making it difficult to want to play him. Plus I'm rather janky when it comes to playing as him.
:4corrin:/:4corrinf: This is pure speculation, HOWEVER, I do like the idea of the character. They may be the character that breaks my "1 character per franchise" rule I've had with mains.

Any and all help/advice would be appreciated. Don't know if I'll see the responses for a bit, considering the holidays are coming up, but I'll check back when I can. Thank you, and have happy holidays all!
Cloud's also got a steep learning curve. Will prove difficult to truly master. So that overuse will die down in about a month. Same thing will happen with Corrin and Bayonetta.

Look at Roy. He was hype and overused until people realized they suck with him.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Cloud's also got a steep learning curve. Will prove difficult to truly master. So that overuse will die down in about a month. Same thing will happen with Corrin and Bayonetta.

This. I'm already seeing quite a decrease in Cloud mirrors online.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Should I buy cloud now or wait for a bundle with all fighters?

D

Deleted member

The only Cloud's that will remain will be the truly dedicated ones or ones that just like to have fun with him. I think I am going to stick with Cloud even though he does have a steep learning curve; he really clicks with me.

I've noticed that the amount of Clouds is decreasing as well.

Should I buy cloud now or wait for a bundle with all fighters?
Buy him now. I'm unsure if there will be a fighter bundle.

Yup. Cloud's not as easy to use as other characters so I highly doubt he'll be used that much... people will run back to their Falcons in no time.
And Little Macs.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I think a lot of people realized Cloud's not a pick up and play type of character. Granted, none of the cast is a pick up and play type if you're aiming to be tournament worthy; every character requires dedication, but some have a steeper learning curve than others and Cloud is one of 'em.

D

Deleted member

I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas if you celebrate it! :)
I asked for Final Fantasy IV on the DS... I hope that I get it.

Hey, now. Don't go comparing Falcon to Little Mac.
Falcon actually takes some skill.
Signed, a salty Cloud main with a Falcon secondary.
True, Falcon takes some skill to play as. But, I don't think that Mac doesn't take skill; he's actually a pretty hard character to succeed with. Sadly, For Glory Macs still exist because children think that he is OP when he has crippling weaknesses.

I think a lot of people realized Cloud's not a pick up and play type of character. Granted, none of the cast is a pick up and play type if you're aiming to be tournament worthy; every character requires dedication, but some have a steeper learning curve than others and Cloud is one of 'em.
I think that there isn't a character on the roster that is an instant win button or is "braindead". Granted, some characters do have lower learning curves (like Luigi or Mario), but you still need to learn the character to truly master them.
Lately, I've been dedicating my time to Cloud more than Luigi. I do think that Cloud has a bit of a learning curve, but I dunno if his learning curve is on the same level as Ryu or Shulk (who, in my opinion, has the highest learning curve in the game).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hey, now. Don't go comparing Falcon to Little Mac.
Falcon actually takes some skill.
Signed, a salty Cloud main with a Falcon secondary.
Hey Mac takes skill yo. Spacing, hard reads and shield breaking. Better than Ness and Link mains

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

I'm not sure how happy I am with this. The Advent Children outfit is straight up dark colors. Hard to make it work quite right with my style. Still, it turned out interesting. In the future I'll probably stick with the classic outfit.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Mac on FG is run, roll, F-smash, roll, D-smash, roll, F-smash, F-smash, repeat.

Falcon is one of the easiest characters to pick up and do good with. Hence why every time your opponent gets their ass whooped something fierce they use C. Falcon the next match.

FG philosophy: When in doubt, Falcon.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I

Lately, I've been dedicating my time to Cloud more than Luigi. I do think that Cloud has a bit of a learning curve, but I dunno if his learning curve is on the same level as Ryu or Shulk (who, in my opinion, has the highest learning curve in the game).
Heh, I mained Shulk when the game came out and Ryu when he came out. I had no idea Shulk had a high learning curve.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Mac on FG is run, roll, F-smash, roll, D-smash, roll, F-smash, F-smash, repeat.

Falcon is one of the easiest characters to pick up and do good with. Hence why every time your opponent gets their *** whooped something fierce they use C. Falcon the next match.

FG philosophy: When in doubt, Falcon.
Couple that with the fact that FD is one of Mac's best stages, it's no wonder he's like a trigger for me.
But advanced Falcon tech is a bit harder. Down throw follow ups, knee setups, aerial chains, etc.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Cloud can beat Zero Suit Samus. Blade beam can beat her Zair and his U-smash can counter her D-special. I noticed that its very hard to get into Clouds face.

But still I think Zero suit has a bit more of an edge cause she kills at 40%.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Cloud can beat Zero Suit Samus. Blade beam can beat her Zair and his U-smash can counter her D-special. I noticed that its very hard to get into Clouds face.

But still I think Zero suit has a bit more of an edge cause she kills at 40%.
Yeah I was playing a better-than-average ZSS today. With all his taunting, rapid crouching, etc., I was seeing red by the time I beat him. Then he switched to Cloud and I destroyed him. He left.
Oh, and one last thing about Little Mac. Do you realize how great it would be if Finishing Touch killed at 30%, and our dtilt was a guaranteed combo into it?!

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I'm not a fan of Finishing Touch. It's a great option for an early stock, but I have little success with it. The majority of the time I've tried to use it, my opponent miraculously hits me with their ****in' baby toe during the wind up and completely cancels the animation.

Last edited:
Top Bottom