• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
So I know people are a little weird about Cloud looking sickly in the FF7R trailer but I'm playing FF7 right now and Tifa actually says the same thing to Cloud in this game.... ah, the little details lol

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Exactly! That's pretty much how Cloud looked, haha. Hardware limitations and all that jazz.

So, not-so routine maintenance for Nintendo servers tonight. What could it meaaaan

Smooth Criminal

Morbi

Scavenger
So I know people are a little weird about Cloud looking sickly in the FF7R trailer but I'm playing FF7 right now and Tifa actually says the same thing to Cloud in this game.... ah, the little details lol
Right, in Final Fantasy VII, you could not convey that aesthetic with giant polygons and this is not the same Cloud in Advent Children... Obviously. Plus the cross-dressing scene must be as practical/convincing as possible. :love:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Right, in Final Fantasy VII, you could not convey that aesthetic with giant polygons and this is not the same Cloud in Advent Children... Obviously. Plus the cross-dressing scene must be as practical/convincing as possible. :love:
DO YOU REALIZE HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO FIGURE OUT YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME?!
That said, I can't log into the server right now. Could there be an update processing, hmm? Maybe a new patch?

Morbi

Scavenger
DO YOU REALIZE HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO FIGURE OUT YOU CHANGED YOUR NAME?!
That said, I can't log into the server right now. Could there be an update processing, hmm? Maybe a new patch?
Wow, I apologize, I figured that would happen which is why I attempted to make it as close to the original as possible. I was actually trying for Morbid, as that is what everyone calls me anyways; however, it was taken, so I just removed the d. Someone bought me premium and when you have that sort of power... You use it!

I am not sure about a patch, but others have mentioned maintenance that is seemingly unscheduled.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Wow, I apologize, I figured that would happen which is why I attempted to make it as close to the original as possible. I was actually trying for Morbid, as that is what everyone calls me anyways; however, it was taken, so I just removed the d. Someone bought me premium and when you have that sort of power... You use it!

I am not sure about a patch, but others have mentioned maintenance that is seemingly unscheduled.
It's such a departure from your usual stuff, lol. I only got it after seeing your sig (it's become rare that I check the 'boards on anything other than my smartphone.)

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Late to say it but I guess the big news was just Minecraft, huh? Should have happened a while ago though. I want to play as Cloud already. :( Wait..
Does this mean Steve actually has a legit chance in Smash now? Not that I see it happening.

Last edited:

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I understand the frustration with the episodic releases, but I look at it the same way I look at the original -- a large game splayed across multiple discs. Sure, this time it's in digital format and the wait between each chapter will likely destroy my fragile mind, but it's funny how the original game struggled with technological limitations, as well.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
It's funny cuz it's literally a tiny remark that she makes after you go out of your way to talk to her again in the bar... you'd probably miss it easy if you weren't paying any attention.

DBZHedgy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1736-4241-7885
Now that I think about it, who's to say that all three episodes won't be contained in one disc, but it cuts off and acts like a continuation of a tv series with a 'Chapter End' bit and allows you to immediately play the next episode?

Sort of like Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS.

What do you guys think?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Y'know, it'd be hilarious if Lightning made a cameo or was referenced during the cross-dressing part. Something like, "Hey, you look familiar... Nah, you don't have pink hair", to straightup being able to talk to (a lookalike) Lightning who questions if she didn't have a long lost sister. Or we could have Aerith saying Cloud would look pretty with pink hair. :p

solidren

Smash Rookie
NNID
RenStrider580
Y'know, it'd be hilarious if Lightning made a cameo or was referenced during the cross-dressing part. Something like, "Hey, you look familiar... Nah, you don't have pink hair", to straightup being able to talk to (a lookalike) Lightning who questions if she didn't have a long lost sister. Or we could have Aerith saying Cloud would look pretty with pink hair. :p
Or cloud could flat out dress as lightning for the crossdressing scene lol

Rukia

Enamored

Yeah so um... who saw this?

Edit: So sorry if someone already posted this... just... too good.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Then the awkward part comes up where Aerith and Light have the same voice actresses for the Japanese audio. Also, part of me wishes Cloud was more manlier so we could have this.

silverforte

Smash Rookie
I understand the frustration with the episodic releases, but I look at it the same way I look at the original -- a large game splayed across multiple discs. Sure, this time it's in digital format and the wait between each chapter will likely destroy my fragile mind, but it's funny how the original game struggled with technological limitations, as well.
My problem is I'm worried that because it's episodic, we can't free-roam back into previous areas or core content is locked to different episodes. Is only part of the game world accessible per episode or is it simply story progression content put into each episode? Will we be locked out of certain areas because it's in a previous episode? Think about how Resident Evil Revelations 2 works. Imagine you played and beat Episode 1 and you're now on Episode 2. You can't just walk backward from the starting area of Episode 2 and revisit the Episode 1 areas to find stuff you missed or explore. You have to go back to the main menu and reload Episode 1 and replay the story content of that episode in the natural order. You don't get to just wander about as you please even after beating it. Choosing to go back to that area means replaying the entire thing from the beginning. That annoyed me because I grew up playing the original Resident Evil titles and even if I was at the end of the game, if I felt like it for whatever reason, I could walk back to the start of the game. It was up to me and it was a sense of freedom that series has lost along the way to get where it is now.

One of the things I loved about FF7 was being able to freely (to find items, explore or even for no reason at all) go back to previous areas I'd been in. FF15 won't be eposidic. Yes, it has taken YEARS to get out but I wonder if that was because of some technical problems they had. I'd rather them just release a full remake of the game even if it takes longer than release a cut up cluster of 'episodes' that has streamlined content. I am terrified the remake will work like RE: Revelations 2 in how it handles different areas of the game based on what episode you're playing. If it comes out that the remake doesn't work like this then my ONLY fear about this remake is squashed. If it turns out that it actually is the case, it's ruined for me.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So, this is what I've been up to.

Bought Ryu to wait for Cloud.
Ryu is so much fun to play. Feels a little slow, but I just love his gimmick. And his almost-fixated aerial movement is a nice touch.

I bet I'm going to have equally as much fun (or maybe more?) as Cloud.

Such a bummer that the announcement today was Minecraft, but apparently people saw it coming that it wasn't going to be a Smash Bros announcement.

Other than that.. Slow days as usual until Cloud is revealed. Right?

silverforte

Smash Rookie
Nintendo missed their window of opportunity with Minecraft. People were asking for it in much larger numbers when 360 and PS3 got it. Most people who own consoles and care about Minecraft have already played it. I'd be bored to tears after having played the gutted 360 version then going to another gutted port on Wii U.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Maybe if he took a trip to the barber shop, he would look more masculine ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). This remake is gonna be fantastic!

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
My problem is I'm worried that because it's episodic, we can't free-roam back into previous areas or core content is locked to different episodes. Is only part of the game world accessible per episode or is it simply story progression content put into each episode? Will we be locked out of certain areas because it's in a previous episode? Think about how Resident Evil Revelations 2 works. Imagine you played and beat Episode 1 and you're now on Episode 2. You can't just walk backward from the starting area of Episode 2 and revisit the Episode 1 areas to find stuff you missed or explore. You have to go back to the main menu and reload Episode 1 and replay the story content of that episode in the natural order. You don't get to just wander about as you please even after beating it. Choosing to go back to that area means replaying the entire thing from the beginning. That annoyed me because I grew up playing the original Resident Evil titles and even if I was at the end of the game, if I felt like it for whatever reason, I could walk back to the start of the game. It was up to me and it was a sense of freedom that series has lost along the way to get where it is now.

One of the things I loved about FF7 was being able to freely (to find items, explore or even for no reason at all) go back to previous areas I'd been in. FF15 won't be eposidic. Yes, it has taken YEARS to get out but I wonder if that was because of some technical problems they had. I'd rather them just release a full remake of the game even if it takes longer than release a cut up cluster of 'episodes' that has streamlined content. I am terrified the remake will work like RE: Revelations 2 in how it handles different areas of the game based on what episode you're playing. If it comes out that the remake doesn't work like this then my ONLY fear about this remake is squashed. If it turns out that it actually is the case, it's ruined for me.
I imagine it's probably going to work exactly like the original did, remember, it had 3 discs. All 3 discs shared some assets, but advancing to the next disc often blocked off some content. For instance, most of the midgar stuff isn't accessible once you leave, so the next episode won't need those assets anymore.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Tfw you're too tired to play Smash, so you keep making FG-noob mistakes, raging at the TV and breaking your controller.
I'm burnt out, guys. G'night.

silverforte

Smash Rookie
Been lurking on this forum since he was announced. You guys post collective news faster than any other source I've found... especially the Smash subreddit which is really nothing more than elitist buzzwords and tournament discussion I couldn't care less about.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
Hey guys. Im back from the dead. Sorry for lack of anything from me. I went out of town for a pm, 4, and brawl tournament. I see we've been going nuts about news as usual

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Hey guys. Im back from the dead. Sorry for lack of anything from me. I went out of town for a pm, 4, and brawl tournament. I see we've been going nuts about news as usual
Welcome back to the living. How was the tournament? Still no Cloud release date though also sadly.:(

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Tfw you're too tired to play Smash, so you keep making FG-noob mistakes, raging at the TV and breaking your controller.
I'm burnt out, guys. G'night.
I know that feel all too well.
Like... you know that you're good, but you make a lot of rookie mistakes and get salty? And then you throw your controller on the ground?
We all go through something like this at least once. We just need to know our limits and know when to stop. Sometimes, the winning move is not to play.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I know that feel all too well.
Like... you know that you're good, but you make a lot of rookie mistakes and get salty? And then you throw your controller on the ground?
We all go through something like this at least once. We just need to know our limits and know when to stop. Sometimes, the winning move is to switch to Dedede.
FTFY.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
So, it's been incredibly entertaining to watch major gaming website message boards devolving into shouting matches because a minority of butt hurt old fans can't handle change with the upcoming remake, especially the combat.

That's been my version of Netflix binge watching for the weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom