• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
My biggest beef with the remake was the episodic thing, but certain elements at Squeenix have gone on record to say that each installment was going to be about the length of a full game and that there was going to be extra content not found in the original. I'm sincerely hoping that this means we're gonna get all the stuff that was cut from the first go 'round and even more on top of that.

That said, I'm really hoping "full game" doesn't ****ing mean some Ground Zeroes nonsense. I will be super pissed if each "episode" is only a handful of hours.

Smooth Criminal

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
My biggest beef with the remake was the episodic thing, but certain elements at Squeenix have gone on record to say that each installment was going to be about the length of a full game and that there was going to be extra content not found in the original. I'm sincerely hoping that this means we're gonna get all the stuff that was cut from the first go 'round and even more on top of that.

That said, I'm really hoping "full game" doesn't ****ing mean some Ground Zeroes nonsense. I will be super pissed if each "episode" is only a handful of hours.

Smooth Criminal
Wait hold on tho. They said each episode would be the length of a full game?

What the hell, how big are they gonna make Midgar?! Assuming they pull this right and I ever get a PS4, this is gonna be a game I never beat unless it's like, just two episodes lol.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I mean, "full game" usually entails anywhere from 20 to 100 hours, but it could be something stupid like Ground Zeroes where it's only a handful. I doubt it's gonna be like that, though.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

SonicvMario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SonicvMario
3DS FC
4957-5533-0802
Since it's episodic does anyone think that Crisis Core , Derge of Cerberus and Advent Children (playable or just the movie) might get episodes

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I mean, "full game" usually entails anywhere from 20 to 100 hours, but it could be something stupid like Ground Zeroes where it's only a handful. I doubt it's gonna be like that, though.

Smooth Criminal
Still that is POTENTIALLY a lot of damn time in Midgar or Part One. They weren't kidding when they said "remake" if they size it like this, the game's gonna be huge!

Also nobody's talked about it but mad kudos to keeping the good Barret design and not the one from Advent Children. The real G.

SPEAKING OF THAT, I really hope we get more than just the Chocobo hat for Miis. I REALLY want a Barret Mii Gunner costume.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
And that's why I don't understand how folks are going berserk over this model considering we still have little info how the content will be released. SE has gone on record to answer a lot of questions and they'll likely be doing this until we get the first chapter, so folks should wait until we get more information before losing their collective ****. We're still getting the full game, possibly more, but it will be broken into sections and the sheer detail in each chapter will be staggering, so no one can expect to fit this game onto one disc. I'm in the same camp as you and hoping we don't get another Ground Zeroes (and I highly doubt we will), but who knows at this point?

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Didn't they say that there were a couple of things that they were going to alter or remove from the remake? I don't remember who said it, or where I read it, but that may have changed since they decided to go episodic.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Didn't they say that there were a couple of things that they were going to alter or remove from the remake?
Considering that they're remaking the game, it's pretty much a given that they'd alter a few things.

Removing? I doubt it. If anything, they might add stuff that didn't make it in the original game.

silverforte

Smash Rookie
And that's why I don't understand how folks are going berserk
Because a lot of people love the franchise, FF7 in particular. It affected the youths of a lot of people myself included. When people care deeply about something like that and it's that important to them, they want it to be handled carefully. People sometimes overreact when they think the status of that thing might be in jeopardy. They're just worried it'll get ****ed up.

People who have a problem with the combat need to stop complaining. The original exists if they want turn based combat. They can go play that.

Last edited:

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
And that's why nostalgia is a deceptive beast.

SORRY FOR THE BIGASS EDIT: I love FF7, as well. It is my absolute favorite video game, but I can objectively see that SE is a company first and foremost and they need to make a profit by attracting new fans. Sure, old fans comprise a portion of the audience to whom SE is marketing this game, but it's silly to think that Square did this just for them; hence my frustration toward people ******** about how Square is insulting long time fans with the remake. There is an overwhelming majority of potential fans that they can convert with the remake when you compare those numbers to the amounts of crusty old dudes and dudettes who played the original.

Frankly, if people didn't expect changes to be implemented with FF7 Remake, they're mildly ********. Change was inevitable and it was silly of anyone to think that the remake would be the original game with a brand new coat of paint. The ATB is dated, the localization was ****ty, and the graphics engine looks horrible. I love FF7 and the original will always hold a place in my heart, but I don't let nostalgia cloud (I'm punny; please, kill me) my ability to understand that fan service isn't the sole reason Square is developing this remake.

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
And that's why nostalgia is a deceptive beast.

SORRY FOR THE BIGASS EDIT: I love FF7, as well. It is my absolute favorite video game, but I can objectively see that SE is a company first and foremost and they need to make a profit by attracting new fans. Sure, old fans comprise a portion of the audience to whom SE is marketing this game, but it's silly to think that Square did this just for them; hence my frustration toward people ******** about how Square is insulting long time fans with the remake. There is an overwhelming majority of potential fans that they can convert with the remake when you compare those numbers to the amounts of crusty old dudes and dudettes who played the original.

Frankly, if people didn't expect changes to be implemented with FF7 Remake, they're mildly ********. Change was inevitable and it was silly of anyone to think that the remake would be the original game with a brand new coat of paint. The ATB is dated, the localization was ****ty, and the graphics engine looks horrible. I love FF7 and the original will always hold a place in my heart, but I don't let nostalgia cloud (I'm punny; please, kill me) my ability to understand that fan service isn't the sole reason Square is developing this remake.
Exactly. Interviews have suggested that they have gotten to the point where they've realized their greatest work has already been achieved and they want to perfect it. This is the game that made the series, their treasure. They want their vision of what the game should have really been like to come to life. I truly think they're going to put their heart and soul into FF7R for that very reason. That's why they won't settle for a simple remake with some cuts to save some space. They want people to look back years from now and say "this is the game that defined Square Enix."

One of the first things they said in one of their first interviews that they had after the reveal said something like "we're getting to that age."

In reality, they're doing this for themselves probably more than they are for us.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Hey, they're probably getting a great deal of joy out of this project, but don't for one second think it's for anything other than $$$$.
Well of course that's the way of the world. Companies like nothing BUT that. But only the greatest games are made with passion. For a game like FF7 to even exist they had to want it to exist.

EDIT: prime example of a money squeezer is Fallout 4. It has none of the things that made Fallout 3 or even New Vegas seem incredible.

Last edited:

ArcanaXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ArcanaXIII
There's a few things unexplored or unexperienced in VII Compilation. A small focus on Genesis in the remake would be cool, even if it's a few small hints to him, considering he's relevant again after Dirge of Cerberus. They may also include Zack a little more in comparison to the original just cause of Crisis Core, and maybe some more backstory on Sephiroth cause why not?

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
There's a few things unexplored or unexperienced in VII Compilation. A small focus on Genesis in the remake would be cool, even if it's a few small hints to him, considering he's relevant again after Dirge of Cerberus. They may also include Zack a little more in comparison to the original just cause of Crisis Core, and maybe some more backstory on Sephiroth cause why not?
We might even see Zack as a playable character at certain parts of the game.

But I wonder if it's gonna be separate games all together. Like if i get to Level 99 in the first episode, will i have to be Level 1 in the next? Like completely different games. I really hope not. I hope it's just ONE single product.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I really think Cloud and the direct are next week,
Sauce? Be it rumor or speculation?

Tri Knight Tri Knight : Truer words have yet to be spoken. SquareEnix wants to polish this title into something worthy of fond remembrance; much the same way the original is held in such high regard. FF7 Remake is a game that pays homage to the very project that put Squaresoft on the figurative map of the gaming industry. As the E3 reveal trailer narrator so eloquently said "the reunion at hand may bring joy, it may bring fear. But let us embrace whatever it brings, for they are coming back".

Last edited:

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
There's no "sauce", like I said in the post... I think.
Psh. Who reads? Your thoughts could have a double meaning, Nintendo rep who's working as an undercover Smashboards poster...who is also the Trap King.

I want the sauce as badly as those old ladies shouted "where's the beef?" in those Wendy's commercials from days long past.

Forgive me fellow Cloud board members, for I am tired and running on 3-hours of sleep.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Psh. Who reads? Your thoughts could have a double meaning, Nintendo rep who's working as an undercover Smashboards poster...who is also the Trap King.

I want the sauce as badly as those old ladies shouted "where's the beef?" in those Wendy's commercials from days long past.

Forgive me fellow Cloud board members, for I am tired and running on 3-hours of sleep.
I, for one, am convinced that he'll be released in December, but not before the Direct airs.
Now go take a nap.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hello Clouds. I'm Unknown Hero. just wanted to say hi and say that FF7 is amazing!

Seriously, I just just got the game and so far I'm loving it!

:135:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Smooth Criminal
If it's only a couple hours an episode it'll be like 50 episodes...

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Some one on 4chan told me that you should play Final Fantasy 7 remake and never play the original. I've heard some stupid things on 4chane, but that was just stupid. No matter how great the graphics are, how talented the actors are or how immersive the combat is, the original will always be the better version.

That's just how it is.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Hello Clouds. I'm Unknown Hero. just wanted to say hi and say that FF7 is amazing!

Seriously, I just just got the game and so far I'm loving it!

Go back to the Link boards!!!

.... nah just playing, welcome to the bar, care for a drink?

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Some one on 4chan told me that you should play Final Fantasy 7 remake and never play the original. I've heard some stupid things on 4chane, but that was just stupid. No matter how great the graphics are, how talented the actors are or how immersive the combat is, the original will always be the better version.

That's just how it is.
Well I mean, it's hard to appreciate the game in its current state since we don't have the context of time. Back then, graphics like this...

we're MIND BLOWING. JAW DROPPING. "HOW CAN GRAPHICS GET ANY MORE REALISTIC?!"

For the newer generation, the remake will be the better version. But the original still stands as a nice title for nostalgia for all generations.

...but yea that guy is dumb. Both versions would be worth playing equally, I don't know about either of them being "better" per say.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

That's just how it is.
Hmm.
I would argue each game will be better in its own way. For those of us who grew up on the original, the original will undoubtedly have its strengths in our eyes.
However, I am stoked to see how they update the game, and the new battle system looks sick as all get-out.
Sorry, but your poat is purely opinion, which IS mutually exclusive from fact.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
Well I mean, it's hard to appreciate the game in its current state since we don't have the context of time. Back then, graphics like this...

we're MIND BLOWING. JAW DROPPING. "HOW CAN GRAPHICS GET ANY MORE REALISTIC?!"

For the newer generation, the remake will be the better version. But the original still stands as a nice title for nostalgia for all generations.

...but yea that guy is dumb. Both versions would be worth playing equally, I don't know about either of them being "better" per say.
i'm not mad cause he would choose which is better. If a 10 year old came up to me and likes the remake, then I understand why. He didn't grow up with a PS2. But to say play one without playing the other is ********.

Last edited:

silverforte

Smash Rookie
I'm the type to believe that if we love something, we should hope for more of that. I LOVE FF7, I want more of it. I'm so happy that FF7 is still current, that new content from that universe is consistently being made. As long as Square-enix puts their all into the remake, I'll enjoy it. Seeing Cloud in Smash, a ****ing REMAKE of FF7... Now is the absolute best time to be a fan of that game. Anyone who has a problem with it can just *not* buy the games or characters. It only makes sense they'd try to evolve the remake instead of just rehashing the exact same game with a new coat of paint. That would have been lazy and thoughtless if you ask me.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
The remake will probably be better guys. They're recreating the same game that we loved almost 20 years ago in the greatest way possible.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I'm not saying it won't be good. just keep in mind that it wasn't the people born in 2002 who want the remake. And plus I could be wrong. The remake may be better. But that's just my reaction the 4chan dude said.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
I think anyone who says the FF7 Remake will suck or be a failure are likely butt hurt fans who are incapable of accepting change or people who weren't fans in the first place.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Go back to the Link boards!!!

.... nah just playing, welcome to the bar, care for a drink?
Okay then

*goes back to the troll boards*
'Sure, why not?' :4cloud:

That's just how it is.
Well, I'm only just starting to play the original and I don't have a PS4 so I can't play the remake, so..... yeah.

D

Deleted member

I am OK that the remake is episodic, but I don't want to see a crapton of episodes like...
"EPISODE 1: THE BOMBING MISSION"
"EPISODE 2: CLOUD MEET AERITH"
"EPISODE 100: THE FINAL BATTLE"
I have faith that Square won't do that, but I will be pretty mad if it happens something like this...

Last edited by a moderator:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
They need to devote a whole disc to the cross dressing part.

but really though, why do people judge a game based on there graphics? That's stupid.

Okay then

*goes back to the troll boards*
'Sure, why not?' :4cloud:

Well, I'm only just starting to play the original and I don't have a PS4 so I can't play the remake, so..... yeah.

Make sure you tell us about the cross dressing part.

Last edited:
Top Bottom