• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I am OK that the remake is episodic, but I don't want to see a crapton of episodes like...
"EPISODE 1: THE BOMBING MISSION"
"EPISODE 2: CLOUD MEET AERITH"
"EPISODE 100: THE FINAL BATTLE"
I have faith that Square won't do that, but I will be pretty mad if it happens something like this...
I'm betting they'll have, at most, 6 episodes, at at minimum 3. I honestly expect Midgar to be one episode, another episode to finish out disc 1 and part of disc 2, episode 3 to clear most of disc 2, another episode to finish disc 2 and clear the majority of story from disc 3, and then a final episode to clear out disc 3 and finish out sidequests/superbosses and sephiroth.

But who knows, they could just have each episode do one major "chapter" in the story. I still think the entirety of the midgar portion of the game will be episode 1.

They need to devote a whole disc to the cross dressing part.

but really though, why do people judge a game based on there graphics? That's stupid.

Make sure you tell us about the cross dressing part.
The only time graphics matter imo is if they're so bad you can't play the game. Like if it was just random blobs and you couldn't tell what the hell you was doing.

Last edited:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
I'm betting they'll have, at most, 6 episodes, at at minimum 3. I honestly expect Midgar to be one episode, another episode to finish out disc 1 and part of disc 2, episode 3 to clear most of disc 2, another episode to finish disc 2 and clear the majority of story from disc 3, and then a final episode to clear out disc 3 and finish out sidequests/superbosses and sephiroth.

But who knows, they could just have each episode do one major "chapter" in the story. I still think the entirety of the midgar portion of the game will be episode 1.
One episode will be dedicated to grinding for that golden chocobo e_e

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I am OK that the remake is episodic, but I don't want to see a crapton of episodes like...
"EPISODE 1: THE BOMBING MISSION"
"EPISODE 2: CLOUD MEET AERITH"
"EPISODE 100: THE FINAL BATTLE"
I have faith that Square won't do that, but I will be pretty mad if it happens something like this...
Episodic? Is that like Kid Icarus Uprising and Fire Emblem?

They need to devote a whole disc to the cross dressing part.

but really though, why do people judge a game based on there graphics? That's stupid.
Speaking of discs, did the original game come in different discs? Cause I'm playing it on an Emulator and I had to get the game 3 times. Each labeled disc 1,2,3. Just wondering

Make sure you tell us about the cross dressing part.
Why?

:135:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
8 days till the biggest announcement in video game history. We can do this!

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
The Merc The Merc I stopped visiting those boards a while ago, though I'm not sure why really. Think I just slowly lost interest with Link. It did get really dead there though from what i remember... compared to what it once was.

But yes, I'm thinking the game will do a 3-disc thing like the original in the form of episodes (that's what I'm hoping, all 1 whole game with just 3 discs/episodes). I'm saying 3 because it's nostalgic for the huge fans of the game like myself, and it will surely be effective at saving a lot of space for Square.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Man, we're really living through Proverbs 13:12: "Expectation postponed makes the heart sick, But a desire realized is a tree of life."

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
The Merc The Merc I stopped visiting those boards a while ago, though I'm not sure why really. Think I just slowly lost interest with Link. It did get really dead there though from what i remember... compared to what it once was.

But yes, I'm thinking the game will do a 3-disc thing like the original in the form of episodes (that's what I'm hoping, all 1 whole game with just 3 discs/episodes). I'm saying 3 because it's nostalgic for the huge fans of the game like myself, and it will surely be effective at saving a lot of space for Square.
Yeah, I still visit them from time to time. Though question. Have we meet before? I feel like we have, but I just don't remember. (it was probably somewhere in the Link boards)

Is/was the game really that big that it needed 3 separate discs to be played?

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Yeah, I still visit them from time to time. Though question. Have we meet before? I feel like we have, but I just don't remember. (it was probably somewhere in the Link boards)

No, they just did it that way for the heck of it.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace

Yes, I was very active in the Link Boards at one point... oh, I used to go by A_Phoenix_Down. I forgot, I had changed my name lol sorry about that. I was probably confusing the hell out of you for a while.

And at the time, discs couldn't hold nearly as much data as the discs used in consoles these days. Think about it this way (i had mentioned this earlier but ill fill you in on it); they needed 3 discs to hold FF7's 1.5ish GB of memory. 1 game alone these days is around 50GB of memory and fit on to 1. And yes, FF7 is considered that big.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
No, they just did it that way for the heck of it.

Are you being sarcastic with me?

Yes, I was very active in the Link Boards at one point... oh, I used to go by A_Phoenix_Down. I forgot, I had changed my name lol sorry about that. I was probably confusing the hell out of you for a while.

And at the time, discs couldn't hold nearly as much data as the discs used in consoles these days. Think about it this way (i had mentioned this earlier but ill fill you in on it); they needed 3 discs to hold FF7's 1.5ish GB of memory. 1 game alone these days is around 50GB of memory and fit on to 1. And yes, FF7 is considered that big.
A_Phoenix_Down! Aw, it's good to see you man. Yeah, I was confused for a little while with your name change. I'll try to remember who you now :)

Whoa. That is big. Like seriously big. Now wonder they need 3 discs. And I thought Ocarina of Time pushed to the limits.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Guys, i wanna discuss something that i don't bothered to search because i have been busy. But anyway, do you guys have already compared the lenght of the Buster/Fusion Sword with it's source material? Just asking because i have seen people saying that the sword looks shorter inn Smash. I do believe it's the same size as the original, just looking smaller because of his idle pose being abit rotated, but still have me curious about comparing it, hmm.

silverforte

Smash Rookie

You need to remember the tech at the time. If I remember correctly, those CD's had a write capacity of 700 or 750 megs. Not even a gig. So, yes, it was huge. Back then your typical wav file was about 100 to 300 kb to give you an idea.

Guys, i wanna discuss something that i don't bothered to search because i have been busy. But anyway, do you guys have already compared the lenght of the Buster/Fusion Sword with it's source material? Just asking because i have seen people saying that the sword looks shorter inn Smash. I do believe it's the same size as the original, just looking smaller because of his idle pose being abit rotated, but still have me curious about comparing it, hmm.
Just looked at images of him in the manual from FF7 and other artwork then looked at his Smash visuals. Looks exactly the same to me. Might be wrong, but I don't think it's shorter.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
For comparison's sake:
fighter_5.jpg

640px-Cloud_Strife_Sketch.png

super-smash-bros-cloud.jpg

It might be just a bit shorter, but not by much.
I honestly think the tapering edge, as well as the green color of the blade when it's swung in the trailer, create a kind of optical illusion that makes it seem off.

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Well to those who said the 16th... soooooo close....

The direct is the 15th, lol get yo fax strait.

silverforte

Smash Rookie
He might not release Cloud that day, it might be other news about Smash and the release date reveal.

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
Only one way to find out. Either way, I'm pretty sure I"m going to join the excitement this time.

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
If Cloud's released the same day, I'm probably going to wait an hour or two after the broadcast before downloading him. The servers are probably going to be hammered with people trying to download Cloud + whatever else is available. Trying to download Lucas, Roy, and Ryu was a nightmare.

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I guess I'm lucky. I have nothing to do that day.

Considering this is the FINAL announcement, I have a strong feeling that this will be enormous.
Can I just point out one thing here? The site says that this is the final video presentation dedicated to Super Smash Bros. This doesn't necessarily mean that there will never ever be any more DLC released for Smash, nor the end of Directs as we know them.
But yeah, I can't wait!

TheHopefulHero

Smash Apprentice
Your right. Luckily for me, Finals should be done by the18th, so I should be good on that front.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Can I just point out one thing here? The site says that this is the final video presentation dedicated to Super Smash Bros. This doesn't necessarily mean that there will never ever be any more DLC released for Smash, nor the end of Directs as we know them.
But yeah, I can't wait!
That's what I meant. Considering it's the last announcement dedicated to smash bros, they should go out with a bang.

Top Bottom