• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social 7th Heaven - Cloud Social Thread

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
>FFVII Remake plays like Kingdom Hearts

IT LITERALLY SHOT UP MY RADAR A WHOOOOOLE LOT

Also now I HAVE to play the original since it's basically a different game.

I should get a PS4 soon, because the remake looks freaking amazing!
Or wait for the NX to come. If they annouce it will come to the NX.
One thing that stuck out to me:

This has to be the scrawniest Cloud has ever looked. Except for maybe Crisis Core but it was understandable there.

I think they should bulk him up a bit, he literally looks malnourished.

Really the only thing I didn't like here.
They made FF7 a t bit too dark....
Cloud is Smash wasn't necessary, but it was RIGHT.
Well said.
DLC characters were never necessary, for those who don't want Cloud in Smash, don't even bother purchase him. Could you imagine some fools sell their Smash Wii U just because Cloud was revealed? Or even make some stupid petition of it? It 's not like you can't play Smash Bros again unless you get Cloud. (Of course whenever there's a new DLC, we will get patches and updates of Cloud and game balance).

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
All the hype watching Cloud fight in that trailer made me completely miss the music. Midgar Raid music sounds so amazing!! I like that you get to literally see his sword on his back even when not in combat, like it was intended. Seems the Buster Sword looks like a mix of the original simple design and the ornate version from Crisis Core as well.

Well good news is the HD port is out on PS4 now!!! Gonna just... play it forever...

Last edited:

Irnkman

Smash Rookie
NNID
Irnkman
Anyone else think that the remake will have an option for turn based combat kind of like Dissidia
I was actually wondering that, but only time can tell. We have no idea how deep and nuanced combat actually is, and whether they'd go that route to appeal to the fans that wanted turn-based. Though, I still doubt they'd be satisfied with anything less than the traditional turn-based combat of the original.

EDIT: Actually, it would be more politically correct to say anything "more" than the original. Because it's a modern upgrade, get it?

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I shake my head with derision every time I see someone online complain about the new trailer being too dark.
The entire game was pretty dark, particularly everything in Midgar. The rich literally live on top of the poor, and the President of Shinra thinks nothing of killing thousands of them just to destroy the base of five lowly freedom fighters.
The trailer previews the opening scene in Midgar, where everything is dark. Let's give it a while before crying that the sky is falling, huh?

SSJ X Cloud Strife

Smash Rookie
I shake my head with derision every time I see someone online complain about the new trailer being too dark.
The entire game was pretty dark, particularly everything in Midgar. The rich literally live on top of the poor, and the President of Shinra thinks nothing of killing thousands of them just to destroy the base of five lowly freedom fighters.
The trailer previews the opening scene in Midgar, where everything is dark. Let's give it a while before crying that the sky is falling, huh?
Agreed. Once you get outside of Midgar only then do you get to see the beauty of the rest of the Planet. In fact, the sky even goes darker when you go closer to it on the world map. Midgar is supposed to represent the darker side of humanity.

As for the trailer itself, it was just perfectly executed. So much HYPE! And even though I'm currently replaying FF7 for the umpteenth time and finished the bomb mission AGES ago, the music brought me right back into it!!:bee:

To me it looks like they're using the same engine as FF15, which isn't a bad thing at all. Just hope they don't have the same framerate issues.

Either way, it certainly is a great time to be a FF7 fan!! :joyful:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Still, for such a massive sword he still keeps balance after spins and swings it around faster than Noctis can swing his REGULAR sword!
Noctis's weapon usage is disgustingly sloppy. It's not brawler sloppy like DmC Dante, DMC4 Nero who you could give a pass as him forced to learn on the fly how to use a two-handed sword with his left hand instead of his assumed dominant right hand which is now a demonic arm that would be more useful if left free, or Link whose swordsmanship always seemed self-taught and unorthodox even in games where he was supposedly taught, but effective and not just plain sloppy.

Noctis looks even worse than a baseball player only knowing how to swing a bat and was forced to use other weapons to fight. Is it justified? Sure, he is in a world that seems advanced enough where you don't really need to learn how to use a sword, but that begs the question if his father knew the issues with the world, then why wasn't Noctis trained at least in unarmed combat? Or hell, even dance as a way to give him better footwork.

As for Cloud's swing speed... Dissidia and Crisis Core? went with a more "realistic" speed while Advent Children made it almost DMC levels of speed. Almost which puts it more like Ike's speed where Ike uses heavy weapons, but swings them like one-handed weapons. Considering they wanted to make Advent Children the game, not surprising they're going to let Cloud swing as fast as in Advent Children.

Last edited:

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I wasn't crying about it being dark. I like dark games. I'm just saying the rating may change. In fact it doesn't even look the gritty, Midgar is just a dark place like that.

Last edited:

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I wasn't crying about it being dark. I like dark games. I'm just saying the rating may change. In fact it doesn't even look the gritty, Midgar is just a dark place like that.
I wasn't talking about you, if that's what you mean. But I think that everyone needs to understand that adult themes don't mean adult content, which is what games' ratings are based on.
Besides, if anything, the ESRB is finally getting more reasonable. Halo 5 is T.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

38 minutes.

Get some snacks, or play it in the background while playing the new PS4 port of FFVII.

By the way, did you guys here about the new cheats in the PS4 port?

JesseMcCloud

NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

38 minutes.

Get some snacks, or play it in the background while playing the new PS4 port of FFVII.

By the way, did you guys here about the new cheats in the PS4 port?
I have not. Do tell.
And if you say to go back and beat the game seven times, so help me...

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I think i will buy the PS4 port next week so i can play it on my Dads PS4. Does anyone else has the port?

Last edited:

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
Noctis's weapon usage is disgustingly sloppy. It's not brawler sloppy like DmC Dante, DMC4 Nero who you could give a pass as him forced to learn on the fly how to use a two-handed sword with his left hand instead of his assumed dominant right hand which is now a demonic arm that would be more useful if left free, or Link whose swordsmanship always seemed self-taught and unorthodox even in games where he was supposedly taught, but effective and not just plain sloppy.

Noctis looks even worse than a baseball player only knowing how to swing a bat and was forced to use other weapons to fight. Is it justified? Sure, he is in a world that seems advanced enough where you don't really need to learn how to use a sword, but that begs the question if his father knew the issues with the world, then why wasn't Noctis trained at least in unarmed combat? Or hell, even dance as a way to give him better footwork.

As for Cloud's swing speed... Dissidia and Crisis Core? went with a more "realistic" speed while Advent Children made it almost DMC levels of speed. Almost which puts it more like Ike's speed where Ike uses heavy weapons, but swings them like one-handed weapons. Considering they wanted to make Advent Children the game, not surprising they're going to let Cloud swing as fast as in Advent Children.
Guess that makes sense but yeah compared to Dissidia and Crisis Core, Cloud actually does handle the sword with one hand and swings it like he's a gladiator (at least from what I can tell in the trailer). I just found that weird considering the sword's size which is traditionally a two-handed heavy-type average-slow hitting weapon...too much RPG in mah brainz is the problem lol

It makes Noctis look absolutely awful, that's all I know.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I never mentioned this, but one of the people I went to college with, who is a big FFVII fan (his favourite game of all time IIRC) seemed reeeeeallly mixed on the trailer, and some of his friends in the comments were flat out *****ing on it, saying that it looked awful.

Goes to show how this is most likely going to be one of the most controversial games of all time in terms of reception, no matter how it turns out, right from the get go. Even more so than the original game eventually became.

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
I know its not going to be, but I really wish Midgar was tournament stage. It looks like an epic stage to fight on. It looks like a cool looking battlefield, only with summons.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Do you think that the PC version of FF7 will also be ported to the Wii U and why?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Do you think that the PC version of FF7 will also be ported to the Wii U and why?
I think that there will be a PC port since SF5 has a PC port regardless of it being a PS4 exclusive.
As for the Wii U, I don't think so... I don't think the Wii U can run the game. I can see the game have an NX port.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think that there will be a PC port since SF5 has a PC port regardless of it being a PS4 exclusive.
As for the Wii U, I don't think so... I don't think the Wii U can run the game. I can see the game have an NX port.
An NX port is totally gonna happen

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
I know its not going to be, but I really wish Midgar was tournament stage. It looks like an epic stage to fight on. It looks like a cool looking battlefield, only with summons.

We can always hope that the summon materia spawn is tied to item spawn. Unlikely, but one can dream.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Are they trying to replicate Disc swapping for the other episodes or something?
Possibly. The hope is that each episode will end up being equivalent to a disc in the original, so that each episode is still a long enough, meaty experience on it's own.

I'd be fine with that honestly. If each episode is 10-15 hours long in terms of story content, than that would equate to each one being a full game by today's standards.

This also means we will get to play it sooner.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
https://mobile.twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/673687789267902464?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

They're doing it because the size of the game is anticipated to be so big that it's not going to all fit on one disc.
So 3 discs...? I can deal with that. But what the hell are they thinking talking about unique episodic experience? This better be all one freaking game. And it better be the WHOLE freaking game.

If we end up getting some linear garbage that we got with FF13 I won't even bother.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You guys have to remember that since every PS4 game has a digital release, this game will be no exception.

As a result, they will probably release the game digitally as episodes (meaning you could get it sooner). And physically as multiple discs when it's all done, in one package.

Most FF games including VII are linear so that's not a real valid stab towards XIII though...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Considering they worked with Dontnod Entertainment who made an episodic game, Life Is Strange, they used player feedback through basically a free version of Ground Zeroes through Episode: Duscae for Final Fantasy XV, and that games are getting bigger and bigger and more difficult to manage, I wouldn't be surprised if they split Final Fantasy VII into 5 parts with 3 parts being the main game, an intro, middle/body, and conclusion, and perhaps even a "prologue" through a remake of Crisis Core and an "epilogue" through a playable Advent Children. If they do it right, let's say the main game parts costs 20 USD each and the others are just 15 USD, they could sell it well without angering people.

The issue with games nowadays is that they're bordering 50 GBs per game and I don't think we have 100 GB discs available for consumer use and even then, downloading that is a nightmare which is somewhat alleviated with pre-downloads, but that only happens if you buy pre-order. It's not even so much content at times; it's the quality of content we're reaching where really detailed, taxing physics, and other stuff is taking a toll on how much data is used.

Content-wise, Capcom is already doing this with Street Fighter V where initially, the game only has 16 characters before any other characters are released. Killer Instinct did this as well with seasons. In my opinion, it would have been a better idea if Smash 4 was released with at most, 25 characters. It might have been better for them to add characters per "generation" like initially, the game only has the original fighters followed by the Melee newcomers and so on. Smash 5 might and probably will have to do this if they don't want to kill themselves. There's 50+ characters plus whatever else that you'd have to balance by launch and since Brawl, they had to delay the game.

For FFVII that's a RPG and made by a company known for graphics? That's definitely going to take a toll on the developers to not kill themselves with traditional game development and releases. And they already showed that toll with Final Fantasy XIII where there was enough cut content for an entire game. Imagine if XIII was split up into 3 releases as one game. It might have ended completely different and received completely different.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't care for the idea, but I don't see why it can't be on one disk.
Dem graphix + a game of FFVII's scale = too much memory for one disc.

In fact this was the very reason they initially thought the remake would be flat out impossible.

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
You guys have to remember that since every PS4 game has a digital release, this game will be no exception.

As a result, they will probably release the game digitally as episodes (meaning you could get it sooner). And physically as multiple discs when it's all done, in one package.

Most FF games including VII are linear so that's not a real valid stab towards XIII though...
Talking exploration my friend, which FF13 greatly lacked. The story is of course linear but if I wanted to ride my fully bred something to you know what island to get the greatest you know what, I could do that in FF7.

D

Deleted member

I've only played FF6 and the story is linear, but the game offered a lot of exploration. You didn't have to do the main story; you could go off and do other sidequests and explore the world map. The dungeons were also very impressive in that you can explore and obtain an item due to your curiosity. The game did reward you for your exploration.

From what I've heard, FF13 is way too linear and has no exploration to be found. I heard that you go on a straight line for a long time... and then you get this open area 40 hours in. I've heard FF13 gets mocked a lot for this reason (and a good friend of mine hates this game and the linearity is one of the reasons why).

Tri Knight

Smash Ace
I wonder if one of those discs heavily relates to Crisis Core. Maybe it's a remake of the FF7 Collection rather than the singular game.
See I'd be cool with that. I understand the game is gonna be massive. I had a feeling they were gonna have to go multiple disks. They had to in the original so in THAT sense I'm very excited that it's going down the same route... but that's IF they're going down the same route. If they stray from the core game and do something stupid then they completely lost.

Go on other websites like Kotaku. Theres a massive uproar and Squeenix really needs to explain themselves now.

Hanku Hirru

Bringing the Propane
NNID
Dirk_Tan
Frankly, I'm not fond of the idea of the game being split into episodic content considering the wait time between the episodes will likely be qunite lengthy, but I understand the sheer scope of this game is so massive that the current storage capacity if game discs is limited.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've only played FF6 and the story is linear, but the game offered a lot of exploration. You didn't have to do the main story; you could go off and do other sidequests and explore the world map. The dungeons were also very impressive in that you can explore and obtain an item due to your curiosity. The game did reward you for your exploration.

From what I've heard, FF13 is way too linear and has no exploration to be found. I heard that you go on a straight line for a long time... and then you get this open area 40 hours in. I've heard FF13 gets mocked a lot for this reason (and a good friend of mine hates this game and the linearity is one of the reasons why).
FFXIII actually becomes more open than most other FF games after the halfway point. I logged over 100 hours into it. 30 to 40 of them from the main story.

It's just the first half that's linear. But each Chapter has it's own unique, specific level design traits that make each environment a different experience.

Top Bottom