• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

4/19 Gigabits - The Melee exploded into a Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

derf

Smash Ace
would gigabits consider having a melee side tourney instead of brawl singles pools? (or maybe overlapping the end of teams/lunch break)
provided theres player interest, which could be gauged by responses in this thread.

also this tourney is the weekend before UF final exams

derf

Smash Ace
thanks.

so guys, would you enter a melee/brawl combo tourney? please post your thoughts (if for no other reason to shut me up/kill my dream)

vZakat

Half Genie
To people bringing set-ups: Make sure that all items are turned off as well as the frequency being set to 'none'. If items are still on when the frequency is none DDD can still throw a capsule that has any of the items in it.

derf

Smash Ace
ok remembering how i never read these topics further back than the last couple posts, ive decided to make a thread asking this question...

edit: happy bday cecil

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I agree with the neutral / banned list Frames posted...I really, really do.

Frigate is a fine stage if you just jump when the siren sounds.

Stadium 1 is good...not sure why people don't like it....except maybe the windmill

I'm also not entirely sure why Moses is completely banned...instead of a possible counterpick. It definitely benefits certain chars...namely those with a good vertical killing game... but I don't know that it's unfair to the point of being banned....somebody explain this to me?

Oh and Norfair as a counterpick? wow...don't understand why that's not banned...but that's just me.

Also, to anybody bringing setups...as Vzakat pointed out, turn all the individual items off...as well as setting the frequency to off.

one more thing. Happy birthday Cecil!

Zoro

Smash Champion
If we do a anything for melee i dont want it to take forever

also please have mario circuit banned
icekid used that stage against me in our last game and took all of my stocks in like 30 seconds cuz pikmins grab range is so **** long.

Mwarhead

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys

I'm not going to do any melee for this event.

Being that its the first Brawl event the turnout could be real big. We are doing singles and doubles as well. I don't want to risk not having enough time.

After this event we can hold separate melee events or try to do both on the same day but we would need a lot of setups.

Zoro

Smash Champion
maybe we should just have one melee and brawl tourney a month maybe like every 2 weeks rotate that would keep the melee people happy i think.

vZakat

Half Genie
it should be banned its like a free stock for DDD anytime he grabs you
This.

And if there is a melee tourney it should be cheaper than the brawl event. I'd like to still play melee, I'm just having to much fun with DDD right now.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I've been playing brawl for about a week competitively on gamebattles.com and heres what i've noticed:

Every stage in the game is fair. Sure some might be ********, but none of the stages are random. There are some questionable ones(like the ones with walls that give some characters inifinites like Kirby, Marth, etc etc), but for the most part. Every stage should be legal and set on random.

3 stock tournament would make things go quickly. But two stock pools? Thats ********. lol. On average, a normal four stock set takes around 8-10 minutes. Even if the match goes up to 3 matches.

So 4 stock matches can be done quickly if both players do not suck at the game and actually know wtf their doing and how to kill.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
for pools they should do 2 matches instead of a regular set, each match should be 3 stock

a 2 stock match is very unfair, there's like no chance of coming back if you lose a stock a lil bit too early

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Dguy's stage preferences:

STAGES:

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks:

Port Town
Norfair
Pokemon Stadium 2
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Green Hill Zone
Coneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Bridge of Eldin
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Onett
Yoshi's Island Melee
Distant Planet
Mario Circuit
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island

Banned:

Big Blue
Skyworld
Mushroomy Kingdom
Rumble Falls
New Pork City
Summit
75M
Mario Bros. Old
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
WarioWare
Spear Pillar

Finch

Smash Lord
Why do people keep saying distant planet should be banned? I know the water is bad, but not ban-able bad.

I wish Fox could still waveshine just so we'd have an excuse to ban Yoshi's Island pipes.

Also Port Town should be banned for sure. It's almost as gay as Spear Pillar.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
When ever people pay, you should have them vote on whether Pokemon Stadium is a neutral or a counterpick, because a lot of people don't think it should be neutral/random.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i wish i could play online and actually practice so i could be good. im too busy with...........you know............life...peace

EDIT: we;;. im still good, i am actually surprised how well i did against a lot of peeps. but i know if i played a lot more i would be completely nasty. give it time. my kirby is too good.

-hiro

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
it should be banned its like a free stock for DDD anytime he grabs you
I'm more inclined to ban the tactic....as we did near the end of Wobbling....rather than banning an entire stage.

Laijin

Smash Hero
>__>
Well. Maybe Hyrule.
But the only problem with Hyrule is camping and people never dying.
That problem does'nt exist in New Pork City. Sure its big, but you can't really effectively camp there.

Crom

Smash Journeyman
I dislike anything that interrupts combat in anyway. Sure the variety of maps is fun at home but it's nothing but an annoyance in tournaments.

If it were up to me it would be:

Neutrals:

Lylat
FD
Battlefield
Yoshi
Smashville

Counterpick:

Castle Siege
Delfino
Luigi's Mansion
Pokemon 1

Maybe a few more counterpicks, but probably not. Could possibly put Pokemon 1 in neutrals, but it doesn't feel right having a map with nuisance's on neutral random

But anyways, a couple stages I'd definitely like to see banned that are usually listed as counterpick are Frigate Orpheon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-cKOk4Ky_k and skip the end of this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD8g_Xt34-Q ) , Norfair (screw lava), and Mario Circuit (screw cars).

As for Shadow moses, I'm pretty sure there are a couple different infinites against walls and it's pretty unfair if a character doesn't have any vert kills. Should stay banned.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Copied from a bulletin....read this, seriously.

We nee​​d a hug​​e fav​​or fro​​m all​​ of you​​!

We are​ par​tic​ipa​tin​g in a con​tes​t amo​ng som​e LAN​ Gam​ing​ Cen​ter​ own​ers​ in whi​ch we pro​vid​ed a vid​eo fro​m the​ "Th​e Clu​b" lau​nch​ par​ty and​ the​ one​ tha​t get​s mos​t vie​ws,​ bet​ter​ rat​ing​s, and​ pos​iti​ve com​men​ts sta​rti​ng tod​ay wil​l win​ the​ cot​ens​t.

If we win​, we wil​l be awa​rde​d an Ali​enw​are​ Lap​top​!!!​ Our​ pla​n is to raf​fle​ the​ lap​top​ amo​ng our​ 4 emp​loy​ees​. The​y des​erv​e the​ cha​nce​!!!​!!

In tot​al,​ the​re are​ onl​y 3 vid​eos​ par​tic​ipa​tin​g inc​lud​ing​ our​s so it mus​t be a pie​ce of cak​e to win​. All​ we nee​d is you​r hel​p!!​!!!​!!!​

TEL​L EVE​RYO​NE YOU​ KNO​W ABO​UT THI​S AND​ HAV​E THE​M GO TO RAT​E THE​ VID​EO TOO​.

And​ now​, her​e is the​ lin​k:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekIXWDEOHR0

THA​NK YOU​ VER​Y MUC​H!!​!!!​!

Gig​abi​ts LAN​ Cen​ter​
Orlando, FL

Now personally, I think the employees at Gigs are some of the best in the business....really, really chill guys. So I think they deserve to be rewarded with a very nice laptop. All it takes is like 5 seconds...I mean, if you don't want to, you really don't have to watch the video...just go to it and rate it...that simple. Come on guys, Gigs rules.
I'd hate to see this go to one of the guys at say...Extremegay...just a thought.

Amadeux

Smash Rookie
Copied from a bulletin....read this, seriously.
[...]
Now personally, I think the employees at Gigs are some of the best in the business....really, really chill guys. So I think they deserve to be rewarded with a very nice laptop. All it takes is like 5 seconds...I mean, if you don't want to, you really don't have to watch the video...just go to it and rate it...that simple. Come on guys, Gigs rules.
I'd hate to see this go to one of the guys at say...Extremegay...just a thought.
Thanks for posting it here!! <3

We need as many hits and ratings as possible. This is not about how well edited is the video or anything technical. It is all about the video popularity. So, tell everyone! :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom