• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 245254

They're also coming out with a 'new' 3ds version in Japan in November along with a Monster Hunter 4 limited edition one. I have a link, but still can't post it due to not posting 10 times yet. :/
The new 3DS is out in October, in Japan.

TheOthin

Smash Apprentice

bekindrewind

Smash Apprentice
I'd love it if you could take a look at Pac-Man's various Bonus Fruit properties. Are you exaggerating that he's light as a feather? As light as Jigglypuff? I don't know when you played him it was a positive or a negative towards him.

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 245254

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
As someone who did a huge write-up for the Best Buy demo, I can say it's pretty hard to judge random characters you would otherwise never play in timed FFAs with items. Expect some of the value judgments all of our generous testers are providing oth ave a real error rate and to occasionally contradict, but that doesn't mean that any one of them is not giving us useful information. You just have to take it for what it is.
Eh, fair point.

I'm confused then.

http://kantopia.wordpress.com/2014/...zardlucario-famitsu-scan-translations-827-34/

This seems to imply that Force Palm is now his neutral B and that Aura Sphere, which sounds from this like his side B, increases in size based on aura rather than on a charge. Does any of that sound plausible or is it all just a mistake from Famitsu?
It's just bad organization in the article.

On the subject of Lucario though, does his Up Special deal damage now, as implied in the Smash Bros. Direct?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Does Fierce Deity Link have his different sword? Or just the Master Sword?

Thanks man, greatly appreciated by all of us as we are nearing the japanese release :)

D

Deleted member 245254

Eh, fair point.

It's just bad organization in the article.

On the subject of Lucario though, does his Up Special deal damage now, as implied in the Smash Bros. Direct?
Can't confirm it dealing damage but when you're high % it has RIDICULOUS distance. You can up b from the boxing ring floor to the top of the lights above 100% (might have the % wrong)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Last edited:

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet

Thanks man, greatly appreciated by all of us as we are nearing the japanese release :)
He still has the Master Sword. I think he said that yesterday.

How does Diddy play? Any new colors for Donkey Kong?

D

Deleted member 245254

galactica knight alternate costume for metaknight?
I do remember there being a white Metaknight costume, but I cannot confirm that it was this galactica knight everyone is talking about. I looked up an image and I will confirm today if it's the same.

Pannopap

Smash Rookie

I think he said he kept the Master sword but his shield changed tint? A strange choice if you ask me but I'll reserve judgement until I see it.

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
I do remember there being a white Metaknight costume, but I cannot confirm that it was this galactica knight everyone is talking about. I looked up an image and I will confirm today if it's the same.
If his eyes are pink, that can confirm that it's Galacta Knight.

How about Dark Meta Knight?

Zenblast

Smash Rookie
NNID
zenblast
So upset that wolf is now
de confirmed

But exited to use fierce deity link as an alt Costume

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if we're allowed to ask for requests now that it's a new day again(?) so many apologies if I'm in the wrong here, but I'd just like to request a couple of Zelda things if possible:

How fast does her Din's Fire seem? If you have knowledge of how fast Brawl/E3 Demo Din's was, how does it compare to them?
Is the hitbox as disjointed and huge as it was in Brawl, or has it kept the same smaller (people could be within the outer flames and still not get hit) hitbox from the E3 demo?
Does the sweetspot on Lightning Kick seem any larger, or even smaller? Does it seem to last more than one frame now?

Totally understandable if you don't get around to these and it's not a huge deal, just my curiosity peeking out.

Last edited:

Pannopap

Smash Rookie
I asked this before a couple hours ago when you were asleep so sorry to ask again; Does Robin lose charges of his Levin sword when contacting an opponent/item, stage hazard, etc., or just any time he brings it out?

Last edited:

PingPongCop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bottlecapn
3DS FC
2938-8474-3044
Hey, today, can you check into Lucario's specials to see if Aura Sphere no longer charges, as implied in Famitsu?

If that's the case, I'm calling Mewtwo as 100% guaranteed a spot in the Final 5.
...wut? The Famitsu scan didn't imply that. Also how does that confirm Mewtwo? :p

D

Deleted member 245254

Hey Zipzo, who was your favorite character so far? And why?
I like playing as sonic because of the changes to his side b. It makes it feel more like PM sonic except you can charge it. His up aerial also requires a little less precision and his homing attack is faster.

My plan was to finally main sonic going in to this game and I'm glad he's looking really fun to play. Shame about his bair though.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Re-posting what I posted a few minutes before you went to sleep:
Hello, Zipzo. First of all, thanks for taking some time to respond to so many questions the people here have about the game. Anyways, I only have one silly question: I am wondering if the "Unova Pokémon League (aka N's Castle)" stage was playable in the demo? If it was, how does the stage hazards (Reshiram, Zekrom and Milotic) behave on it? Are they as nasty as the hazards in Brawl's Spear Pillar (Dialga, Palkia and Cresselia)?
Thanks again, @Zipzo!

D

Deleted member 245254

I asked this before a couple hours ago when you were asleep so sorry to ask again; Does Robin lose charges of his Levin sword when contacting an opponent/item, stage hazard, etc., or just any time he brings it out?
He loses charges just by using it period, contact with another player or not.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
Hey Zipzo, what about the victory themes? Were you able to listen to them at all and see if they're Brawl leftovers like in the E3 demo?

I just want to be disappointed now than later ;-;

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Zipzo, first, I want to thank you for your amazing work.

Second, I have an request. Could someone try out Bowser a bit? I wonder what changes he got since E3. And could someone check his alt costumes for a black haired version of him with a blue body? Like this one:

Luis1234554321

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luis-Dui
3DS FC
0259-0603-2596
Hi zipzo, first of all thanks for answer the questions :) could you say me what is the color of robin's hair in his alt? (And the color of the robes, please:)

NewGuy79

Smash Journeyman
only one question for now,

we just got confirmation from D1 that one of his friends at the event were able to access custom moves form the CSS, were you able to do the same? and were you able to try out any of them? mind sharing you thought on what you learned about custom move sets?

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I've heard people compare one of Meta Knight's costumes to these:

Did the white costume look anything like that of the sorts?

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
I like playing as sonic because of the changes to his side b. It makes it feel more like PM sonic except you can charge it. His up aerial also requires a little less precision and his homing attack is faster.

My plan was to finally main sonic going in to this game and I'm glad he's looking really fun to play. Shame about his bair though.
is palutena's neutral B her heavenly light move?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

only one question for now,

we just got confirmation from D1 that one of his friends at the event were able to access custom moves form the CSS, were you able to do the same? and were you able to try out any of them? mind sharing you thought on what you learned about custom move sets?
I was a bit of goody-two-shoe at my event after they almost kicked me out for trying to take video twice. They reprimanded a guy for trying to go and turn off items.

I pretty much didn't attempt to leave the 2 minute match character select screen for fear of getting kicked out after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom