• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Thanks for sharing your info @Zipzo .

Regarding Palutena, everyone seems to be calling her the new Meta Knight. Does she truly have no flaws and drawbacks or is there something that keeps her balanced with the cast?

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
@Zipzo, do you or anyone have any idea how Lucario's Mega Evolution works? I've been waiting for a confirmation to that ever since the Smash Direct- thanks :D

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Hey Zipzo, thanks for all the information!

Could I ask you a couple of things if you have the chance to check them when you play again?

The Alph and Galacta Knight costumes. (And any more costumes that change models) Could you check if the narrator change the names he announces when the character wins, or if it stills say "Meta Knight" and "Pikmin and Olimar". Same goes for the writen names.
This is to help clarify the chances of things like Lucas alt and Koopalings alt.

The second thing. Could you check if Dedede intro in stages is still he being carried by Waddle Dees? It's a silly question I know, but Waddle Dees seems to be removed from all his actions, I want to see if this is gone as well.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Why is it so good (FD)?
Well I mean, there's not much to tell you about FD. It's a flat stage with lots of space madness going on in the background. It looks cool.

What exactly do you want to know? It's final destination lol.

KirbyCheatFurbyMeat

Smash Cadet
Well I mean, there's not much to tell you about FD. It's a flat stage with lots of space madness going on in the background. It looks cool.

What "phases" does it go through? Does it go into the sky like in Melee?

Memor3x

Smash Cadet
NNID
Memor3x
3DS FC
5086-3209-8758
@Zipzo Can you check out sheiks landing lag & the KO power of the Fair at medium to high %?

Thanks a bunch for doing all this!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Here's a good question; I noticed that the ledges have different appearances with the left side being more narrow and open, and the right side being more bulky... does this affect gameplay depending on which side you're on...or is it purely cosmetic? I recall Final Destinaton's...gaps in SSBB being rather annoying for certain character's recoveries. Some clarification would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Tomo009

Smash Apprentice
So I heard something about move customisation being on the character select screen?

Was this at the demo or is it just some rumour I'm hearing about.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
My emphasis on stage exploration was quite low yesterday, I plan to change that today.

Today I am focusing a lot on Meta-Knights changes, Stages, attempting to get a picture of the fox and fierce deity scheme, Yoshi's "feel", and some other things I've noticed people think are really in demand.

By thew way, the new final destination, someone asked above, is freakishly awesome.
I really want to see if that combo Mario did on Bowser in the Japanese Features Trailer is legit. For the record, the combo was Jab x2 > Jab x2 > FTIlt (angled up, if you wanna be specfic). And it looked like Bowser was at over 100% damage.

And speaking of that combo, stuff about jab-cancelling: Is the window for performing your third jab short enough to render it irrelevant, as appeared to be the case in the Features Trailer? Can you do other moves such as tilts instead of your third jab without having to worry about actually performing a jab-cancel or waiting for the input window to run out?

Oh yeah, there's another potential combo I would like to see tested, especially since it relates to the issue of whether or not you can combo into finishers. As Mario, get a foe near the edge of a platform and perform a full jab combo on them, then run straight off the platform and hit them with an FAir. I saw a combo similar to that happen to Bowser in VGBC's Mario moveset video (Bowser landed on Mario's third jab near the edge of Battlefield, and Mario then short-hopped offstage and whacked him with FAir, resulting in a KO at what looked to be around 75%), and I'm wondering if it's a true combo.

Memor3x

Smash Cadet
NNID
Memor3x
3DS FC
5086-3209-8758
So I heard something about move customisation being on the character select screen?

Was this at the demo or is it just some rumour I'm hearing about.
D1 tweeted that his source in japan can confirm this. Which is awesome and great news for the competitive viability of custom move sets.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
D1 tweeted that his source in japan can confirm this. Which is awesome and great news for the competitive viability of custom move sets.
I'm really skeptical of his source being able to know this since I'm pretty sure it's just Ben Weinhoffer playing the same demo (even if he has multiple sources, he'd be telling us about character unlocks if he had a street date broken game), and I suspect he saw the customization on/off indicator on the CSS that we already knew about. That being said, if Zipzo is feeling brave, he could try hitting the "Customization: Off" button on the touch screen and see what happens; that could be interesting, and it might even let him pick a Mii Fighter depending on how it works.

D

Deleted member 245254

I'm really skeptical of his source being able to know this since I'm pretty sure it's just Ben Weinhoffer playing the same demo (even if he has multiple sources, he'd be telling us about character unlocks if he had a street date broken game), and I suspect he saw the customization on/off indicator on the CSS that we already knew about. That being said, if Zipzo is feeling brave, he could try hitting the "Customization: Off" button on the touch screen and see what happens; that could be interesting, and it might even let him pick a Mii Fighter depending on how it works.
I would also like to note that it can be difficult to hide what you're doing because it is displayed on a giant 3D television.

TheCarterFitz

Smash Rookie
:4Pacman: Yay for PAC-MAN. So how exactly does he play? :4Pacman:

By the way, all of this and more has already (and still is being) posted on Fitzsimmons Weekly by the minute.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Can you test out Samus (Not Zero suit)? I'm still confused on her abilities. I want to know if her close range attacking options are good, and if her longer range abilities (like missiles) are still meh.

Tomo009

Smash Apprentice
Yeah if there are rules I wouldn't want you to be doing something like that haha.

Move customisation on the character select screen would be so amazing for tournament viable speed in selecting your moves though.

I really want it to be true.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I know it may be difficult to do, Zipzo, but could you possibly take photos/videos of all the new alts? Like Alph, FD Link, and Galactica Knight?

D

Deleted member 245254

Another thing

Sending me private conversations with all of your questions is not going to get you special treatment on getting answers, because before you do that, just remember you definitely were not the first to think of it.

If I don't answer your specific question in this thread it's because I'm only human (in terms of how much I can write at once), and I might not be sure of the answer yet or remember it well enough to be sure. I'm trying really hard to not spread blatant misinformation, I want to be absolutely sure of what I'm saying before I say it.

Hey Zipzo, thanks for all the information!

Could I ask you a couple of things if you have the chance to check them when you play again?

The Alph and Galacta Knight costumes. (And any more costumes that change models) Could you check if the narrator change the names he announces when the character wins, or if it stills say "Meta Knight" and "Pikmin and Olimar". Same goes for the writen names.
This is to help clarify the chances of things like Lucas alt and Koopalings alt.

The second thing. Could you check if Dedede intro in stages is still he being carried by Waddle Dees? It's a silly question I know, but Waddle Dees seems to be removed from all his actions, I want to see if this is gone as well.

Thanks again!
I will go in-depth on the presence of waddle-dee today and the announcer quirks. Seems to be a popular thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Another thing

Sending me private conversations with all of your questions is not going to get you special treatment on getting answers, because before you do that, just remember you definitely were not the first to think of it.

If I don't answer your specific question in this thread it's because I'm only human (in terms of how much I can write at once), and I might not be sure of the answer yet or remember it well enough to be sure.

I will go in-depth on the presence of waddle-dee today and the announcer quirks. Seems to be a popular thing.

gotta love that Bandana Dee hype train. <3 xD

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
@Zipzo, how bad is Meta Knight now in terms of his tilts, smashes, and aerials? Has his down air changed as well.

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
@Zipzo

Sorry to ask this again, but I'd really like to know if victory themes for vets are still the same from Brawl? I know Bowser has a new one, but I mean like Mario and co if it's the exact same arrangement

Also, thank you!

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
My only question is did you try DK? Does he seem noticeably better then in previous installments? I have heard he got buffed but I can't really find any information on it.

Thanks for your time.

D

Deleted member 245254

@Zipzo, how bad is Meta Knight now in terms of his tilts, smashes, and aerials? Has his down air changed as well.
I would not call him a bad character in his current state.

He's definitely not overpowered anymore. His recovery was gutted, his Tornado deals less hits and less frequently, and his sword swipes have a tiny start up to them. His move set however, is the same barring his changed recovery.

gamer8

Smash Lord
@Zipzo, while playing Yoshi can you confirm any of these three Yoshi alts? Purple, White, Orange. Thanks.

Last edited:

Weldar

Smash Cadet
If you're planning on exploring stages more may I just make one small request of something to keep an eye out for, the Pictochat stage. Is it really just a returning Brawl stage or is it actually some sort of new Pictochat 2 as per the fact it seems to have a new stage select screen image, I haven't really seen that clarified anywhere.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
@Zipzo, you're awesome.

This might be hard to answer considering the nature of the move, but any specific details on Shulk's counter? We know the active frames get shorter the more you use it but could you potentially elaborate on that some more? Like if the damage is fixed or if the attack he uses when it's triggered is random or not...

Also Samus impressions would be cool if you can manage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

wait is fierce diety just a color change or a costume?
It does not actually change his character model. It's just a pallet that gives his basic clothing an interesting color scheme, makes his eyes white, and adds red markings under his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom