• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memor3x

Smash Cadet
NNID
Memor3x
3DS FC
5086-3209-8758
Saw the post about Sheik and I'm super excited since she was one of my Melee mains. Pumped that her needles cancel in the air if you hit shield before you land. Gonna have some good times in smash 4.

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
Dunno if someone already asked this, but Meta Knight is still using that infinite slash as his neutral combo?

Sorry about my poor grammar.

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Hi! I wanted to thank you and your wife! you are giving really nice information and pictures (that in my case help a lot for my site :) )

I was wondering now... It make sense how you said that this is the full game version... I really doubt they made a demo with all this character just for one week before the launch and with access to all the menus.
What it makes me think.... we wont unlock characters playing the Smash Matches? Like playing 50 Smash Matches you unlock Falco? Because the people there are not unlocking any new character after two days.... or they delete the save data everytime? maybe it doesnt save it??
Or maybe this time all unlock will be with classic, all-star, stadium and smash-run?

btw: Do we know the rest of the Wii Fit Trainer outfits? We know the female and male in green and blue... are the other four just recolors? or they put this hair models too? Maybe with a Wii Fit U T-Shirt?

Why didn't they add Wii Fit U Trainer instead of WFT =.= It makes more sense since this game is for Wii U and she looks better :( WFT looks like she has no eyes which is creepy to me

Last edited:

fanboss2

Smash Apprentice
I meant no one posted Wii Fit Trainer impressions/details. Unless I missed it.
Someone said that sometime she gives fitness advice. I have to find back the source (took so much notes lol)

EDIT : source

Last edited:

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Kind of sad to find out that Lucario and Charizard have the same final smash and they are two different characters :(

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Kind of sad to find out that Lucario and Charizard have the same final smash and they are two different characters :(
Not completely, since Charizard and Lucario had both different movesets.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Not to mention the different balances they each have to speed, strength, etc.
Yeap.
It is also kind of weird that Olimar had Alph costume. If Sakurai put him why he don't put Dr.Mario as an Alt. costume?

Flubber

Smash Rookie
Yeap.
It is also kind of weird that Olimar had Alph costume. If Sakurai put him why he don't put Dr.Mario as an Alt. costume?
Alph uses the same Pikmin as Olimar, has the same weight, height and moveset, so why would he need an extra slot?
Dr. Mario most likely will have the pills instead of fireballs and probably the Doctor Tornado instead of F.L.U.D.D., therefore he is not exactly the same and needed another slot.
Welcome to Sakurai logic.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I believe someone who went to the event (the guy who mained Robin) said bonuses are back. Can someone verify this?
You mean the funny and cool title you get when you accomplished a certain circumstances in Melee?
Alph uses the same Pikmin as Olimar, has the same weight, height and moveset, so why would he need an extra slot?
Dr. Mario most likely will have the pills instead of fireballs and probably the Doctor Tornado instead of F.L.U.D.D., therefore he is not exactly the same and needed another slot.
Welcome to Sakurai logic.
pills and tornado make Dr.Mario an indiviual character doesn't make any sense. Give Black Pit a new weapon and Final Smash sounds pretty neat though.
Just like they cut Ice Climbers for a dog and a duck. This is not Sakurai's logic! He will give us surprises!

Last edited:

Pannopap

Smash Rookie
Yeap.
Probably because Doctor Mario plays a bit differently. For example the FLUDD would be replaced with his spin like Mario had in melee and 64.

Edit: Well, looks like someone beat me to the punch lol.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Probably because Doctor Mario plays a bit differently. For example the FLUDD would be replaced with his spin like Mario had in melee and 64.

Edit: Well, looks like someone beat me to the punch lol.
Just like that? That's not a thing that Sakurai will do.

Oh, sorry.....I didn't mean to...

Pannopap

Smash Rookie

lol, it's fine.
And as much as I love Lucina it's kind of the same situation with her. Most likely clones will be like Link to Toon Link. Maybe some different animations and slight effect differences, but overall they're in it as full characters for 2 reasons, 1. As Sakurai has said slight differences, even to the smallest of degrees gives them a slot. And 2. He also said that it's for ranking online, though why Alph is excluded from that I don't know.

Last edited:

Weldar

Smash Cadet

Its exactly a thing he'd do, He said in an interview about Lucina that even the smallest change that effects gameplay means a character has to be their own roster slot. Lucina's sword had a hitbox that was different to Marth's, that one thing was the reason she got moved from Marth costume to character of her own. He could have easily given Dr Mario FLUDD and fireballs if he wanted to but apparently he didn't and since there was a small difference that was enough for him to be a separate character. Same probably goes for Dark Pit.

Also for the record Duck Hunt dog probably isn't a replacement Ice Climbers, judging from comments Sakurai has made in the past the Ice Climbers were probably cut due to technical issues of having some many characters at once running smoothly on the 3ds. The original plan was probably to have both Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt, seems like they actually tried to get the Ice Climbers in but it just didn't work.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, I guess there's only so much you can do with differentiating Alph from Olimar - they're bound to have a similar, if not exact same, move set, so might as well have them within the same slot as alt costumes. Dark Pit would have really worked as one for Pit also but oh well, I guess he's easier to make into his own character by changing the weapons or whatever... Dr. Mario and Lucina I'm fine with though. Still I find there to be some inconsistencies. If Lucas ends up being an alt costume for Ness (which would be pretty unheard of haha), then I really wouldn't understand the logic.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
lol, it's fine.
And as much as I love Lucina it's kind of the same situation with her. Most likely clones will be like Link to Toon Link. Maybe some different animations and slight effect differences, but overall they're in it as full characters for 2 reasons, 1. As Sakurai has said slight differences, even to the smallest of degrees gives them a slot. And 2. He also said that it's for ranking online, though why Alph is excluded from that I don't know.
Sakurai add her for two reasons, first, she is a more recent rep of FE(And so is Robin).And give Gematsu leak a punch in the face.Sakurai's logic is undeed weird sometime.
Yes, those exactly. Somebody confirmed them, I want to see more than one person say this before I get too cozy on it.
I just love these bonuses, they are just so funny.
Yeah, I guess there's only so much you can do with differentiating Alph from Olimar - they're bound to have a similar, if not exact same, move set, so might as well have them within the same slot as alt costumes. Dark Pit would have really worked as one for Pit also but oh well, I guess he's easier to make into his own character by changing the weapons or whatever... Dr. Mario and Lucina I'm fine with though. Still I find there to be some inconsistencies. If Lucas ends up being an alt costume for Ness (which would be pretty unheard of haha), then I really wouldn't understand the logic.
You can say that again.
Its exactly a thing he'd do, He said in an interview about Lucina that even the smallest change that effects gameplay means a character has to be their own roster slot. Lucina's sword had a hitbox that was different to Marth's, that one thing was the reason she got moved from Marth costume to character of her own. He could have easily given Dr Mario FLUDD and fireballs if he wanted to but apparently he didn't and since there was a small difference that was enough for him to be a separate character. Same probably goes for Dark Pit.

Also for the record Duck Hunt dog probably isn't a replacement Ice Climbers, judging from comments Sakurai has made in the past the Ice Climbers were probably cut due to technical issues of having some many characters at once running smoothly on the 3ds. The original plan was probably to have both Ice Climbers and Duck Hunt, seems like they actually tried to get the Ice Climbers in but it just didn't work.
About the technical thing, is it hard to put a team character with two same movesets? What about Rosalina and Olimar? This contradicts from the reason of cutting Ice Climbers.

Last edited:

Pannopap

Smash Rookie
Sakurai add her for two reasons, first, she is a more recent rep of FE(And so is Robin).And give Gematsu leak a punch in the face.Sakurai's logic is undeed weird sometime.

I just love these bonuses, they are just so funny.

You can say that again.

About the technical thing, is it hard to put a team character with two same movesets? What about Rosalina and Olimar? This contradicts from the reason of cutting Ice Climbers.
Yeah, he was originally going to make her a Marth alt though before changing his mind. So a similar situation may have happened with Dr Mario and Dark Pit.
I'm extatic that Lucina is in, shenwas the reason I checked the website everyday for her confirmation......a little dissapointed she became a clone.....but clones have been my best characters since melee, so maybe this is a sign lol. XD[/quote]

Last edited:

Critical Crow

Smash Rookie
"Doctor Tornado" alone is enough for me to be excited for Dr. Mario. I loved playing him in Melee already, and I actually did feel like something was missing in Brawl since I didn't like how Mario turned out that much. Now I have options!

Something I'm curious about with Dark Pit is, what if he's actually a clone of Brawl Pit, since Pit has changed so much this installment. He wouldn't even be a clone at that rate, and oddly I don't see many people considering this option.

Pannopap

Smash Rookie
"Doctor Tornado" alone is enough for me to be excited for Dr. Mario. I loved playing him in Melee already, and I actually did feel like something was missing in Brawl since I didn't like how Mario turned out that much. Now I have options!

Something I'm curious about with Dark Pit is, what if he's actually a clone of Brawl Pit, since Pit has changed so much this installment. He wouldn't even be a clone at that rate, and oddly I don't see many people considering this option.
A balanced Brawl era Pit....sounds like a good addition to smash 4

SniperJoestar

Smash Rookie

That's pretty much what I've been thinking myself. Lucina = Roy, Dr.Mario = Melee Mario, Dark Pit = Brawl Pit.

Last edited:

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle

Those were pretty much my thoughts of dark pit as well, it makes sense to me!

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
I kind of would like to know what Pac-Man's up and down tilts are.

Weldar

Smash Cadet
I thought the same about Luma before this leak, things like Olimar's Pikmin are a much simpler AI, Nana was another full character unto herself with her own AI, albeit one who's main command was mimic. I can't speak as to how big a difference there is between that and the Luma in code but it seems like technical issues are the most likely answer based on Sakurai's comments about having trouble with "multiple bodied characters". He never actually stated that's why the Ice Climbers are gone (its not official that they're gone after all, its pure leak facts) but it is the prevailing assumption.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

That's your own thought on Dr.Mario so I have no argument on that.

If Dark Pit has different movesets I have no opinion of him as a seperate character.

Spikeez

Smash Cadet

Makes sense to me, I definitely think about Dark Pit using Brawl Pit's moves.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I thought the same about Luma before this leak, things like Olimar's Pikmin are a much simpler AI, Nana was another full character unto herself with her own AI, albeit one who's main command was mimic. I can't speak as to how big a difference there is between that and the Luma in code but it seems like technical issues are the most likely answer based on Sakurai's comments about having trouble with "multiple bodied characters". He never actually stated that's why the Ice Climbers are gone (its not official that they're gone after all, its pure leak facts) but it is the prevailing assumption.
Ice Climbers' AI can recover like double jump but Lumas can't. Probably this is one of the "technical difficulties",I still believe Ice Climbers won't be cut since Sakurai hadn't explain it,but I'm sure we will know the truth soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom