• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supersonic159

Smash Rookie
is this thread being followed somewhere else that just reposts zipzo's updates (like was being done yesterday on reddit)? i would rather have myself and anyone else to NOT overload the forums again, and it's also easier than scrolling through a ton of question posts and "OMFG" posts.
Yes it is actually, I'm updating a post over on Reddit.

Feel free to check it out here: http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2foxur/if_zipzo_starts_dropping_info_tonight_this_is/

D

Deleted member 245254

Yoshi colors are Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, light blue, purple, black, pink.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Dark Pit is a character in the game.
I think they're asking why Dark Pit was promoted to a character, and not relegated as an alternate costume.

In which case the answer would be the same as the Lucina-Marth situation -- Dark Pit had certain gameplay and/or physical qualities that were deemed distinct enough to warrant a promotion to playable status.

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
This is amazing! Oh, the possibilites...
Seems like every other character this could have applied to has already been turned into a separate clone. We got the Koopalings (allegedly) and Alph as costumes. hopefully Sakurai crammed a few more characters in this way as well.

D

Deleted member 245254

I'm attempting to get a picture of the fierce diety link.

- more experimentation with meta knight. His up b recover had a 2nd hit I hadn't noticed until now. At the peak of the recovery.

- you CANNOT cancel the dash ANIMATION. Only running with shield.

- Metaknight was given some
Harsh landing lag on his swipe aerials.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
If possible, a picture of Alph/description of his pose would be great. Sorry to say again, just I think things get lost in these posts. Thanks for all the info you've gotten.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yoshi colors are Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, light blue, purple, black, pink.
Sad day we got Purple and not Orange.

Oh well, I have Black Yoshi, and that was enough to make him one of my mains in PM after years of being disappointed, so maybe it'll happen in Smash 4 too.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
That Wolf reskin of Fox is just awful, I just hope Wolf makes it some other way if he's cut

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Fierce Diety will be the Hype for me.

I know we can't ask questions but the Bowser posted a page back, is that a skin in game?

Last edited:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Hmm, if Dark Pit is in fact just a palette swap option on Pit, I wonder if he really will be playable?

Either way, I'ma use him as a punching bag.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
A reminder that even with Zip here, to keep your questions for him until his AMA.
... Just noticed the title of this thread... I feel really dumb now...
'orz
I should really start reading the titles more. Forgive me.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Is the reward for taking pics really worth the risk of getting no more smash4 demo info? I think not

D

Deleted member 245254

- Sheik's landing lag is non-existent EXCEPT when she lands after using needles. It's small though.

- her fair doesn't gimp like Melee, but it's back to having that horizontal knockback.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Seems like every other character this could have applied to has already been turned into a separate clone. We got the Koopalings (allegedly) and Alph as costumes. hopefully Sakurai crammed a few more characters in this way as well.
There is also hope for DLC where this can be applied better to some characters. (Daisy, Wolf, etc...)

humist1

Smash Rookie
NNID
j22yosh
3DS FC
1650-1416-3926
Just wanted to say thanks to Zipzo for your diligence!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Meta Knight getting nerfs feels like... like justice

kaliskonig

Smash Journeyman
Now I really hope that Issac is in so he could have Matthew as an alt and Ray-MKIII so he could have a 01 alt. Would have been cool if Sakurai threw Brittany in as well but I guess that is overkill. Really sucks that Sakurai added 8 wire frame mac costumes but did not add the remaining 4 Yoshi's. White, Orange, Brown, and the last I forget.

NNID
Majorasmask66
Since we are talking about tiers, it sucks in my opinion, to have your favorite character top tier. i dont want to be cheap when playing.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Watch even after all these Meta Knight nerfs he's still top tier somehow

NNID
Majorasmask66
Now I really hope that Issac is in so he could have Matthew as an alt and Ray-MKIII so he could have a 01 alt. Would have been cool if Sakurai threw Brittany in as well but I guess that is overkill. Really sucks that Sakurai added 8 wire frame mac costumes but did not add the remaining 4 Yoshi's. White, Orange, Brown, and the last I forget.
also sucks that he added 8 colors to the wireframe mac costume RATHER than the more loved pink hoodie. Hopefully we will at least have color and costume dlc for the future.

micstar615

Smash Ace
I wouldn't worry about tiers just yet guys, they take a lot of time and dedication to fully determine, there's still a LOT we don't know about each individual character, and then there's custom moves <3

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
also sucks that he added 8 colors to the wireframe mac costume RATHER than the more loved pink hoodie. Hopefully we will at least have color and costume dlc for the future.
Wouldn't changing the color of the pink hoodie sort of defeat the purpose?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I hope my favorite characters will be low tier
Low is exaggerating, but I hope Robin and Palutena are mid tier at best. I don't want they to be overused like Fox, Diddy, Meta Knight, etc

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And besides, these aren't even all the characters. We don't know how the leaked characters, or even others (like Lucina, yet unknown characters) can mix up even what little we know now.

Still, it sounds like things are looking solid! Good news for Sheik and Yoshi mains, too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom