• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Japanese Release Build Demo Event Day II (Keep questions for AMA after event) [TY Zipzo's Wife]

• Thread starter Deleted member 245254
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Megaman info from Ben at D1 stream:
downsmash best smash Ko's Kong at 90%
Fair and Bair hardly any lag
Down spike is amazing
Uair combos after up throw
Megaman downtilt is fast

This is all from the Ben twitter guy I believe
Flame Blast is a good kill move? Last time I saw the move in action it was just for racking up damage. Will have to see it to believe it, especially with the Charge Shot's range and Spark Shot's disjointed hitbox.

Would hope the Slide is fast, MM will need all the good close combat moves he can get. Would hope you can follow up after it/spam it into a pseudo-crawl.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If you actually ever kept up with competitive Melee you'd realize how dead wrong you are.

In the past 5 or so years we've gone from Sheik mains, Marth mains, Falco mains, Fox mains, Peach mains, and puff mains being the #1 ranked Melee player.

Meanwhile in Brawl, it's Ally vs. the World, and right now Ally is realllllllly lagging behind...

Prove me wrong then.

Go ahead.

M2K didn't start winning majors until he mained Marth.

You could argue KDJ with his MLG Long Island win, but I don't think that's considered a "major" anymore (71 entrants), and it wasn't too big of a deal even then.

I mean it mattered, but I would say it's more like the 7th biggest tennis event kind of feel historically, not Wimbledon, or the French, British, or US Open.
[collapse="Here's every event I consider a "Melee major' thus far IMO"]Evo 2014 2014 970 Mango (Fox main)
Event | Year | Entrant Amount | Winner (The Winner's Main character)
Apex 2014 2014 629 PPMD (Falco main)
MLG Anaheim 2014 2014 325 Mango (Fox main)
Zenith 2014 2014 280 Mew2King (Sheik main)
Evo 2013 2013 696 Mango (Fox main)
Apex 2013 2013 336 Armada (Peach main)
Kings of Cali 3 2013 202 Mew2King (Sheik main)
The Big House 3 2013 172 Mew2King (Sheik main)
Apex 2012 2012 318 Armada (Peach main)
The Big House 2 2012 128 Mango (Fox main)
Pound V 2011 243 PPMD (Falco main)
Genesis 2 2011 228 Armada (Peach main)
Revival of Melee 4 2011 110 Mango (Jigglypuff main)
Apex 2010 2010 220 Hungrybox (Jigglypuff main)
Revival of Melee 3 2010 163 PPMD (Falco main)
Genesis 2009 290 Mango (Jigglypuff main)
Revival of Melee II 2009 159 Hungrybox (Jigglypuff main)
Revival of Melee 2009 136 Mango (Jigglypuff main)
Pound 3 2008 224 Mango (Jigglypuff main)
TGMTSBCO 2008 118 Mew2King (Marth main)
Evo World 2007 270 Ken (Marth main)
FC Diamond 2007 256 Mew2King (Marth main)
0C3 2007 228 PC Chris (Falco main)
Pound 2 2007 200 ChuDat (Ice Climbers main)
MLG Las Vegas 2007 8 PC Chris (Falco main) [note: only the top 8 in MLG points made it, hence the low entrant amount]
MLG New York Playoffs 2006 2006 208 Azen (Marth main)
MELEE-FC6 2006 205 PC Chris (Falco main)
0C2 2006 192 Ken (Marth main)
MLG Chicago 2006 2006 184 Ken (Marth main)
MLG Orlando 2006 2006 176 Azen (Marth main)
MLG Anaheim 2006 2006 160 Ken (Marth main)
MLG Dallas 2006 2006 144 Ken (Marth main)
MLG New York 2006 2006 143 PC Chris (Marth main)
MELEE-FC3 2005 189 Ken (Marth main)
BOMB 4 2005 105 ChuDat (Ice Climbers main)
Tournament Go 6 2004 112 Azen (Marth main)
Game Over 2004 100 Ken (Marth main)

(Note: Azen claimed to main multiple characters specifically from 2003-2005 so it gets tricky with him. M2K tends to lean Sheik as of like 2011, but before that leaned Marth, however he has a good Fox as well. Some would claim PPMD in some tournaments is a Marth main because of him leaning on Marth)[/collapse]
I'm not gonna argue against your point, but you really shouldn't be listing M2K as just a solo main when he plays 3 different characters on a usual basis in Melee and has even used Peach for Ice Climbers.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Did Sakurai really say that both the 3DS and Wii U version will play exactly the same as in you can easily transition between the two like practice on the 3DS version while waiting to play your match on the Wii U version in few minutes during tourneys?
What I meant was that the characters' movesets will be the same on both the 3DS and Wii U. Due to the (likely) different "feel" of the controls on the two systems, people may opt for slightly varied playstyles depending on which system is being used. But yes, due to the exact same-ness of the movesets I'm sure you could practice/warm up on a 3DS while waiting at a tournament. Hey, maybe this will help to cut down on tournament run-times because people like M2K won't need to waste five minutes doing handwarmer rounds for each match.

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice
Kind of bittersweet about Robin likely being top tier. I knew he would be in smash over Chrom the moment I played Awakening on release day and he became my most wanted/future main shortly after. I am glad that him being top tier would increase his popularity by a lot but it will suck if he becomes the new fox/marth lol. Hope the community does not see anyone who uses Robin as cheap and only using him because he is god-tier if he is indeed as good as some people claim lol.
Yeah I know what you mean. No one seems to know Marth from his games or care what game he's from in Melee and only use him because he's top tier. He's more famous in Smash that in any of his games. At least Robin comes from the recent best selling Fire Emblem game that you don't you don't have to shell out $100 on Ebay to play.

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
Would hope the Slide is fast, MM will need all the good close combat moves he can get. Would hope you can follow up after it/spam it into a pseudo-crawl.
Since MM is looking like a zoning character, why not use that for KOing too? Might sound dumb, idk, but I'm sure his side smash projectile will have some KO potential along with Flame Blast if you have to make a close combat KO

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Flame Blast is a good kill move? Last time I saw the move in action it was just for racking up damage. Will have to see it to believe it, especially with the Charge Shot's range and Spark Shot's disjointed hitbox.
Flame blast was killing suckers reliably in the invitational.

Also a move with that much end lag could not possibly be used primarily to rack up damage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

Hi.

- Move customization is accessible after you select a character easily at the CSS. First you turn it on, by hitting a button on the top right of the bottom screen. After that, an interface appears on the bottom character portraits. There's 8 slots for 4 equipment and 4 b move modifications. It's easy and quick to do.

- No Galacta Meta Knight is not in. There is white skin but it's not what you're looking for. Sorry.

- Waddle Dees still carry DDD in and are in his victory pose. Sorry.

- No white Yoshi

- Every character has 8 costumes I counted but I cannot remember them all.

SUP GUYS

Looks dark brown, eh? Just to let you know his scouter is blue.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
EDIT: Why can't leakers ever get a clear picture like that?

Since MM is looking like a zoning character, why not use that for KOing too? Might sound dumb, idk, but I'm sure his side smash projectile will have some KO potential along with Flame Blast if you have to make a close combat KO
Would be great if it could KO as well, but it's not something I'd expect from it.

Flame blast was killing suckers reliably in the invitational.

Also a move with that much end lag could not possibly be used primarily to rack up damage.
Really only looked at it in detail during that Vs. Mario match, where it racked up around 30% or so uncharged and had a slight vacuum effect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

DDD only throws Gordos, and every other side - b does NOT throw a Gordo. Otherwise DDD feels the same.

D

Deleted member 245254

The announcer says "Pikmin and ______" depending on who you are, Alph or Olimar. Hooray.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Hi.

- Move customization is accessible after you select a character easily at the CSS. First you turn it on, by hitting a button on the top right of the bottom screen. After that, an interface appears on the bottom character portraits. There's 8 slots for 4 equipment and 4 b move modifications. It's easy and quick to do.

- No Galacta Meta Knight is not in. There is white skin but it's not what you're looking for. Sorry.

- No white Yoshi

SUP GUYS

Does Pit look like Dark Pit to anyone else? Also that skin looks a lot like Wolf on Fox

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Okay, thanks. Any chance of a pic of Alph or not really? If no, does he have his own render or is it the same pose as Olimar with the head changed?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So Dark Pit returns as Pit's pallette?

...and he's likely a playable character as well.

Wow.

Om3g@

Smash Rookie
Hi.

- No white Yoshi

SUP GUYS

Why wasn't Dark Pit an alt again?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
There's the Gray fur Fox costume (And a Dark Pit-like costume yay!). Nice to read that all the characters have 8 alts. Thanks for the Pic and the info!

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Oh man. It's really not looking good for Wolf. :/ Great picture though, thanks! Must have been risky to take.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250

Wow. They looks really good! Definitely would use.
Speaking of colors:

Have you seen this color yet for Bowser?

D

Deleted member 245254

The pink stage from the leak is not available.

Last edited by a moderator:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Hi.

- No white Yoshi

SUP GUYS

Noooo why would they put in Black Yoshi and not White Yoshi? T_T Thanks for confirming it though.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
is this thread being followed somewhere else that just reposts zipzo's updates (like was being done yesterday on reddit)? i would rather have myself and anyone else to NOT overload the forums again, and it's also easier than scrolling through a ton of question posts and "OMFG" posts.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Kind of weird Pit has a somewhat Dark Pitish alt. It might..MIGHT keep the glimmer of hope for Wolf alive.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Hi.

- No white Yoshi

SUP GUYS

Not bad and great quality.

You think you could be able to get more pics if you can?

Last edited:

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
RIP Galacta Knight

I'm guessing there's no Dark Meta Knight either, probably just the darkest palette he had in brawl, the blue team one?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
A reminder that even with Zip here, to keep your questions for him until his AMA.

roosaurus

Smash Apprentice
Noooo why would they put in Black Yoshi and not White Yoshi? T_T Thanks for confirming it though.
Black Yoshi's a fan Favorite more I guess... It'd be nice to have all Yoshi's Story colors though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom