• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Exclusive Stages.

PsychoVillager

Smash Rookie
I would really love a Tetris based stage. (Or maybe a moving stage between some classic Game Boy games)

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Hmm.... how about Haunted Towers? Or Secret Mine? At least I kinda liked the music in those Mansions.
Both are really good, specially the Secret Mine theme. Would love to have them in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, a stage based on Dark Moon would be very nice. I should play that game again.

Kreuniclus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kreuniclus
3DS FC
3737-9510-1473
I thought of some Metroid ones!
SR388, where Alpha and Beta Metroids are stage hazards and Zeta Metroid is a boss.
Fusion-based stage (Sorry, haven't played Fusion yet) where Nightmare is a boss and flips the gravity so fighters are thrown into different walls (of course, the camera would follow each player), so you'd have to jump and use aerials to attack. Of course, attacking Nightmare's tail would eventually defeat him and set the gravity straight.
I know this isn't the place for it, but i'll post my Wii U stage ideas here anyway. Pyrosphere, Norfair (Brawl), Brinstar Depths (Melee) and a Metroid Prime Trilogy Stage. This stage would have us fight on top of Samus' Gunship (design from Prime 3) and would take us through Chozo Ruins, Phendrana Drifts, Sanctuary Fortress, Temple Grounds, Bryyo, Elysia and the Pirate Homeworld. It would stop at each location and we'd use the environment to fight on, as well as platforms passing by while the ship is flying.

I chose to post these here because my 3DS ideas were more interesting.

Reila

I was playing Dream Team today and when I reached this place in the picture above, the first thing I thought was "this could be a great Smash Bros stage"! The colorful fountain and the thing about Mario & Luigi falling asleep and having a nightmare if they drink the fountain water, makes me believe the stage could be Fountain of Dreams 2. Or the Fountain of Nightmares :p

D

Deleted member

What about a Kirby: Triple Deluxe stage? That'd be a good addition.

Last edited by a moderator:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
What about a Kirby: Triple Deluxe stage? That'd be a good addition.
The one true answer for a Triple Deluxe stage:
Spoilers to Triple Deluxe:

Though, the prison of beauty could work too.

I do hope we get a Triple Deluxe stage. Maybe as DLC perhaps...

Reila

Update the thread with images is possible?
Here is a collage with a picture of each stage announced so far. I made it for other forum, but it is okay to put it in the OP here.

D

Deleted member

The one true answer for a Triple Deluxe stage:
Spoilers to Triple Deluxe:

Though, the prison of beauty could work too.

I do hope we get a Triple Deluxe stage. Maybe as DLC perhaps...
Since that's the most recent handheld Kirby game, I'm pretty sure that's going to be in the game.. well, that's obvious. xD

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
Here are three 3DS stage ideas I had. I might update with more.
[collapse=EVERSHADE VALLEY]
Origin: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Players fight on the roof of a mansion in the valley, probably Gloomy Manor. The dark moon floats above, at the top of the stage.
Various ghosts from Luigi's Mansion float around. They are quite peaceful and will mostly mind their own business - that is, unless the dark moon is destroyed. If damaged enough, the moon will shatter into pieces, and the ghosts will grow angry.
When the ghosts are upset, the will start causing a ruckus! They turn invisible and start carrying around furniture, such as chairs and tables, that can be used as platforms - though the movement of these floating objects is unpredictable. Occasionally a ghost will become visible and attack at a random player.
After a couple of minutes of this madness, the Dark Moon mysteriously reforms, and peace is returned to Evershade Valley.

SONGS:
Gloomy Manor
Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
[/collapse]

[collapse=LORULE CASTLE]
Origin: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

A standard castle-style battlefield. It is basically the 'anti' version of the Hyrule Castle stage from the original Smash Bros.

SONGS:
Lorule Castle
Hyrule Castle
[/collapse]

[collapse=FLOWERY WOODS]
Origin: Kirby Triple Deluxe

Would be a revised Green Greens, of sorts.
Flowery Woods would mostly spend his time in the back of the stage. He would attack in many ways, such as by making roots appear from the ground to hit players, or by blowing cloud puffs onto the arena that makes it hard to see.

SONGS:
Fine Fields
Green Greens
[/collapse]

Reila

Players fight on the roof of a mansion in the valley, probably Gloomy Manor. The dark moon floats above, at the top of the stage.
Various ghosts from Luigi's Mansion float around. They are quite peaceful and will mostly mind their own business - that is, unless the dark moon is destroyed. If damaged enough, the moon will shatter into pieces, and the ghosts will grow angry.
When the ghosts are upset, the will start causing a ruckus! They turn invisible and start carrying around furniture, such as chairs and tables, that can be used as platforms - though the movement of these floating objects is unpredictable. Occasionally a ghost will become visible and attack at a random player.
After a couple of minutes of this madness, the Dark Moon mysteriously reforms, and peace is returned to Evershade Valley.

SONGS:
Gloomy Manor
Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
[/collapse]

[collapse=LORULE CASTLE]

A standard castle-style battlefield. It is basically the 'anti' version of the Hyrule Castle stage from the original Smash Bros.

SONGS:
Lorule Castle
Hyrule Castle
[/collapse]

[collapse=FLOWERY WOODS]

Flowery Woods would mostly spend his time in the back of the stage. He would attack in many ways, such as by making roots appear from the ground to hit players, or by blowing cloud puffs onto the arena that makes it hard to see.

SONGS:
Fine Fields
Green Greens
[/collapse]
Why are most 3DS games so beautiful? So many great places to make stages in Smash.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Here is a collage with a picture of each stage announced so far. I made it for other forum, but it is okay to put it in the OP here.

Looks neat, will be looking forward to play on them soon, although Pac-Maze and Green Hill Zone seem to be missing... ^^;

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman

SONGS:
Gloomy Manor
Luigi's Mansion (Brawl)
[/collapse]

[collapse=LORULE CASTLE]

SONGS:
Lorule Castle
Hyrule Castle
[/collapse]

[collapse=FLOWERY WOODS]

SONGS:
Fine Fields
Green Greens
[/collapse]
God I would love it if Lorule castle was essentially just a very pretty Hyrule Castle from 64, maybe with some minor changes to accomodate how the game has changed.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Since that's the most recent handheld Kirby game, I'm pretty sure that's going to be in the game.. well, that's obvious. xD
The problem is that it's a little TOO recent. Kirby triple deluxe came out first in January of this year in Japan. To put into perspective how recent it is, the most recent stage shown so far is from Pokemon X and Y. You could also potentially say that was because Pokémon is special.

Reila

although Pac-Maze and Green Hill Zone seem to be missing... ^^;
Not anymore :dr^_^: Thanks for letting me know, anyways.

Updated version:

Also, if anyone is interested, here is one with the Wii U stages (let me know if I missed any stages):

Edit: Coliseum added.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Not anymore :dr^_^: Thanks for letting me know, anyways.

Updated version:

Also, if anyone is interested, here is one with the Wii U stages (let me know if I missed any stages):

Cool. And yeah, you seem to have the Coliseum missing on the Wii U stage list too. ^^

D

Deleted member

The problem is that it's a little TOO recent. Kirby triple deluxe came out first in January of this year in Japan. To put into perspective how recent it is, the most recent stage shown so far is from Pokemon X and Y. You could also potentially say that was because Pokémon is special.
Oh, I see. You're right.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
^ No, they are not. There's a huge gap between January and October, and they could've made a Triple Deluxe stage in the three first months of the year without a problem.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ok, so I've mentioned this before, but I'm pretty sure the new gameboy stage is actually a Game & Watch stage. Specifically, a Game & Watch: Gallery stage.

1. It's a handheld stage where you can see the handheld like Flatzone.

2. It's about time we went from the Game & Watch handheld to the Gameboy. Really, Game & Watch may be best know for his handhelds, but he had games on the Gameboy/Gameboy Color/Gameboy Advance as well.

3. It looks to be a medley stage. While it could potentially be a mix of "The Gameboy's greatest hits," I think that if they are going to make a medley stage based on the Gameboy, they might as well use the mini-game compilation that is Game & Watch Gallery.

4. There's retro stages, and then there is using the Gameboy. I think someone brought up in the miiverse thread that technically anyone could have this be their stage like Kirby. To that I ask a question. Why do they have to include the actual Gameboy? Why can't it settle with just looking classic? Then you have Game & Watch who already has used the actual handhelds in his stages in the past. So it fits him already.

5. The Gameboy is in the general color scheme of Mr. Game & Watch. While the gameboy is certainly more advanced, it is still in the general color scheme of the Game & Watch. In fact, in the game, Game & Watch: Gallery, you can choose between modern and classic versions of each game. The classic versions are exact recreations of what the games looked and played like on the Game & Watch.

6. Sakurai is being secretive. Just like the punch-out stage, the minute he shares any other detail will be the moment we find out what this stage is. The set pieces for the Game & Watch: Gallery games are obvious enough.

Reila

I think it is a Game Boy stage, Sakurai even referenced the "boot sound" of the Game Boy in the PotD.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I hope the new Game boy stage has random games playing in the background, and then a game like Tetris would have following blocks.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
im willing to bet one of the themes to go with todays new stage will be a melody of different GB games themes, just picture super mario land changing to link's awkening to metroid 2 to red & blue and so forth

Crawful

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4983-5238-2711
For the new stage, I'd love to see.
-A Pokemon section where you're fighting on the command box, having to dodge the Pokemon's attacks. For laughs, they can have even have some newer school pokemon like an 8-bit Greninja or Lucario fighting.
-A Tetris stage where you have to dodge the blocks falling. You can attack the blocks while they fall to have them move. If someone causes a line, they get a power boost.
-A Mole Mania stage that takes place in the forest. You can fight on a higher plain of the screen, while bombs spawn every which way.
-A Mario Land stage where it scrolls from left to right of the first level of the game. You can see the 8-bit Mario running across.
-A Kirby's Adventure stage where you fight King Dedede in a retro version of the boxing ring we all know and love. Retro Dedede serves as the boss for this stage. They wouldn't have to do an Alfonzo with this, since you can distinct Dedede from Retro Dedede.
-A Link's Awakening stage that takes place at the top of Mount Tamaranch. You can break open the Windfish Egg if you so choose.
-A Mario's Picross stage, where platforms are randomly created by the Picross function of the game.
That's all I've got.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
-A Kirby's Adventure stage where you fight King Dedede in a retro version of the boxing ring we all know and love. Retro Dedede serves as the boss for this stage. They wouldn't have to do an Alfonzo with this, since you can distinct Dedede from Retro Dedede.
ot.
i think youve got your games mixed up there as kirby's adventure was on the nes and didnt feature dedede's arena your thinking of kirby's dreamland

TurnUp

Smash Apprentice
i think youve got your games mixed up there as kirby's adventure was on the nes and didnt feature dedede's arena your thinking of kirby's dreamland
Mt_Dedede_2.png

Besides that, I'd like to see a Tetris section of the Gameboy stage, or even have the final destination version (if there is one, it seems unlikely possibly) to just have this because it has no game inside and doesn't change.
IMG_2013.jpg

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Alright, stage suggestions will come up later. For now... here are my confirmed stage ratings.

The awesome:
3D Land
Reset Bomb Forest
N's Castle (subject to change)
Rainbow Road
Gerudo Valley
Find Mii
Paper Mario
Golden Plains
Balloon Fight
Jungle Japes

The average:
Spirit Train
Living Room
Green Hill Zone
Tomodachi life
Final Destination
Dr. Wily's Castle
Arena Ferox

The disappointing:
Battlefield
Boxing Ring
Prism Tower
Game Boy
Pac-Maze

Well that's a lot of awesome, it seems. Go 3DS version!

Reila

IMO:

The awesome:

Paper Mario
Gerudo Valley
Reset Bomb Forest
Arena Ferox
3D Land
Find Mii
Spirit Train
Dr. Wily's Castle
Battlefield
Game Boy
Rainbow Road
Pac-Maze
Living Room

The average:

Balloon Fight
Jungle Japes
Boxing Ring

The disappointing:

Golden Plains
Green Hill Zone (if it is exactly as in Brawl and if it means there is no new Sanic stage for the 3DS)
Prism Tower

Not enough info to judge yet:

N's Castle
Tomodachi Life

SadisticPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
L4D4ever1718
3DS FC
0748-4043-7867
Would really like Lorule Castle as a stage. A Link Between Worlds is getting no recognition at all, which is quite disappointing.

I'd also love Grima's back from Fire Emblem: Awakening as an exclusive 3DS stage. Fighting on a giant dragon would be something new. And epic. :joyful:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Alright, stage suggestions will come up later. For now... here are my confirmed stage ratings.
The disappointing:
Prism Tower
IMO:

The disappointing:
Prism Tower
Wait, did I miss something with Prism tower? From the gameplay I seen it looked like a fine enough and balanced stage. It's also in an iconic place in the Kalos region. If not THE most iconic place you could pick from X and Y.

I mean yes, you guys are free to have your opinions and what not, I'm just curious how out of all the stages, both you find that particular stage disappointing...

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Wait, did I miss something with Prism tower? From the gameplay I seen it looked like a fine enough and balanced stage. It's also in an iconic place in the Kalos region. If not THE most iconic place you could pick from X and Y.

I mean yes, you guys are free to have your opinions and what not, I'm just curious how out of all the stages, both you find that particular stage disappointing...
I also was confused by the negativity toward Prism Tower. I'm looking forward to seeing it on my XL with the 3D effect on, and that Pokémon battle remix is awesome.

There's only a handful of 3DS stages I'm disinterested in, but I'll bandwagon and list 'em out anyway:

Starting with my favorites and working down:

Awesomesauce Stages
Gerudo Valley
Super Mario Bros 3D Land
Prism Tower
Spirit Train
N's Castle/Pokémon League
Pac-Maze

Coolio
Reset Bomb Forest
Tortimer Island
Rainbow Road
Living Room
Jungle Japes
Paper Mario
Final Destination
Arena Ferox
Gameboy

Meh, It's Okay
Find Mii
Dr. Wily's Castle
Battlefield
Golden Plains
Green Hill Zone
Boxing Ring

Blech...
Tomodachi Collection
Balloon Fight

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I just don't really like the Delfino Isle gambit for stages. I prefer the way Rainbow Road plays, like Port Town Aero Dive does.

Reila

It doesn't represent the Pokémon series at all. It looks so bland also. :/ Sure, Spear Pillar had the nasty stage hazards, but it represented Pokémon much better. And as _Sheik, I dislike Delfino-ish stages. If you want to showcase more than one place in a stage, then do the Castle Siege way. Or just don't :p

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It doesn't represent the Pokémon series at all. It looks so bland also. :/ Sure, Spear Pillar had the nasty stage hazards, but it represented Pokémon much better. And as _Sheik, I dislike Delfino-ish stages. If you want to showcase more than one place in a stage, then do the Castle Siege way. Or just don't :p
At least Prism Tower has Zapdos make an appearance.

Top Bottom