• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS 3DS Exclusive Stages.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I want the Pictochat stage in the 3DS version. Aside from Smashville and Frigate Orpheon, it was probably my favorite stage in Brawl.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I saw a pic of Final Destination (cant find it though) and I think it travels from space to earth like Iit was in Brawl, but has the same platform as the Wii U one

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Here's my idea for a stage: Nintendo 3DS Sound Spectrum.

Imagine a fairly simple set of platforms hovering in front of this Spectrum backdrop. The stage is okay on its own, perhaps even tourney-legal, but what makes it special is its ability to react to your music library. The BGM is composed entirely of the mp3s in the SD Card, and the aesthetic elements of the stage react in real time to the music. Alternatively, the stage could play a random track from a different stage if it doesn't find anything on the SD card.

As a stage dedicated to music it could also serve as the home base for a Rhythm Heaven rep, but that's another story.

Realistically, though, I don't expect this stage to appear for four reasons:
One, not everyone has a large library of mp3 files, especially on their 3DS;
Two, running mp3 files and spectrum analysis in realtime on top of 60fps Smash gameplay is probably too taxing for the humble 3DS;
Three, the 3DS's preloaded applications already have a stage representative in the form of the Find Mii stage,
and finally, it might be a bit too generic and unrecognizable. I mean, I'm probably the only one on this board who even uses 3DS Sound.

Hypothetically though, if it turned out that a 3DS Sound stage was in the new Smash Bros for 3DS, I would not be able to handle the hype.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm hoping for a Mother 3 stage, Fourside, and Fountain of Dreams.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
3DS has been having a ton of good games lately, so many I can't even buy them. I think maybe it'd be nice to see a Rune Factory stage of some kind, since it was a DS property mostly. It's really sad the company went under, so maybe a stage paying homage to a nice game series would be cool. And prompt another company to pick up the rights and not let the series die.

Cedy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cedyism
Wii U stages seem to be more competitive and simple, when 3DS stages are bigger and targeting a casual audience.
I'm fine with that.

Reila

Wii U stages seem to be more competitive and simple, when 3DS stages are bigger and targeting a casual audience.
I'm fine with that.
Yeah, walk-off stages like the Colosseum are extremely competitive and competitively-viable stages like Arena Ferox are totally casual. Would you please stop with this "3DS content is more casual" crap? There are good and bad stages for competitive purposes in both versions.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I would guess that a stage from Mother 3 would be on the 3DS (whereas an EarthBound stage would be on Wii U) since Mother 3 was a handheld game and EarthBound was a console game.

However, I'd like if stages based on F-Zero: Maximum Velocity and Star Fox 64 3D were in it as well.

...and the Jungle Ruins level from Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

Cedy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Cedyism
Yeah, walk-off stages like the Colosseum are extremely competitive and competitively-viable stages like Arena Ferox are totally casual. Would you please stop with this "3DS content is more casual" crap? There are good and bad stages for competitive purposes in both versions.
Geez, calm down, don't say i'm wrong, there is more casuals stages in the 3DS version than the Wii U version, go see it yourself.
EDIT : Do you realize that you compared TWO stages ? It's true that there is competitive and casual stages on both versions, but the number is not really equal. You're jumping to conclusions way too fast.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
We haven't seen the full stage list, for either game. It makes sense the more complicated casual stages will be completed later in development, and the 3DS version is further into development so there'd be more of them complete enough to show...

Honestly at this stage we have no way of saying with any certainty what the stage comparison will be like. Moreover we're not even sure how competitively viable some of the old favorites are going to be; if the game is balanced specifically for Final Destination (as would make sense with the For Glory mode... although I still kinda doubt it), then perhaps even Battlefield could end up not being competatively viable, in which case both games have exactly the same number of competitive stages: 1.

At this point we know next to nothing about the game, so wait and see.

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
I'm sure there's a few stages left for 3DS that we haven't seen yet. Sone of them could even be competitively viable. That being said, there's got a be a huge number of unreleased Wii U stages.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
I really want some stages from Melee that weren't in brawl to be on this version. Fountain of Dreams, Peach's Castle and a few stages from the original, like Hyrule Castle. PictoChat and Pirate Ship need to return also.
EDIT: I know that I have some errors in spelling, i'm typing waay too fast xD. Corrected.

Last edited:

Reila

How would you gamers feel about DLC stages? Either for the 3DS or Wii U?
I will always support DLC for fighting games. Give me new fighters and specially new stages and I will give you my money, Nintendo.

iNinja5567

Smash Rookie
NNID
iNinja5567
3DS FC
1435-5269-0072
I hope there are more Brawl stages returning for the 3DS version.

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
Wishful thinking we will get a Yoshi stage for Thursday (Release of Yoshi's New Island in Japan)

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Me basically for the stages of Smash 4:

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Caption is up.

"Pic of the day. In general, there are completely different stages in the 3DS and Wii U version, but we made Wily Castle and the special boxing ring available for both versions! We didn't forget the Yellow Devil either. There may be some small differences in the stages, such as the 3DS stage appearing to be during daylight hours."

Was a Punch Out stage confirmed for 3DS already?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Caption is up.

"Pic of the day. In general, there are completely different stages in the 3DS and Wii U version, but we made Wily Castle and the special boxing ring available for both versions! We didn't forget the Yellow Devil either. There may be some small differences in the stages, such as the 3DS stage appearing to be during daylight hours."

Was a Punch Out stage confirmed for 3DS already?
Yes, indeed it was.

Here's a pic of it along with ZSS and her fabulous hindquarters.

Reila

Alternatively, there is this picture which shows the stage much better, but which wasn't posted by ^ because it doesn't feature one character's ass.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
That would scream a Mr. Game and Watch stage to me.
I get the joke; but I do actually mean a stage based on Pokemon Black and White, and then the Pokemon Stadium from Melee. For the Wii U, I'd like a Poke Park stage, and then the Spear Pillar from Brawl to return.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I get the joke; but I do actually mean a stage based on Pokemon Black and White, and then the Pokemon Stadium from Melee. For the Wii U, I'd like a Poke Park stage, and then the Spear Pillar from Brawl to return.
Retro goodness and all? Even the Original Sprites of Pokemon appearing as stage hazards?

Top Bottom