• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I too support Rosalina now that I see the potential she has! However, I still believe Jr. or Walu deserve the spot more, but we can't have this game flooded with Mario characters like Marvel vs Capcom 3 did with X-Men characters...

Morbi

Scavenger
I too support Rosalina now that I see the potential she has! However, I still believe Jr. or Walu deserve the spot more, but we can't have this game flooded with Mario characters like Marvel vs Capcom 3 did with X-Men characters...
I wouldn't mind it to be honest, it makes sense. X-Men was pivotal to Marvel's success in the same way Mario is significant to Nintendo's success. Mario already saturates the roster once you consider Wario and Yoshi as pseudo-Mario representatives anyways. I agree with you though, Waluigi and Jr. are more deserving. However, I don't necessarily care if they are more deserving. Rosalina would be more unique in my opinion.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I wouldn't mind it to be honest, it makes sense. X-Men was pivotal to Marvel's success in the same way Mario is significant to Nintendo's success. Mario already saturates the roster once you consider Wario and Yoshi as pseudo-Mario representatives anyways. I agree with you though, Waluigi and Jr. are more deserving. However, I don't necessarily care if they are more deserving. Rosalina would be more unique in my opinion.
Very good point. I do feel like Waluigi would be the most unique, but that's only if Nintendo would truely pull most of his moves, regardless if they are normals or specials, from the Spin Off games like the sport ones or party ones

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Anyone else got a silly grin? I know I do.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Heck yeah! Looks like Rosalina's going to be hanging around for a lot longer than anybody expected. I'm really pleased, too. She's a lot more interesting than any other potential Mario rep with a Rosalina and Luma tag-team. .

Welshy91

Smash Ace
As an avid Bowser Jr. supporter..... I begrudgingly congratulate you..... and hate you.

Edited to acknowledge that it's better than Toad.

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
...****. No Waluigi I guess. :(
Congrats you guys. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go cry in that corner.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
CONFIRMED!!! I definitely wanted her, but wasn't expecting her. All of those naysayers on GameFAQs can eat their words.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Congrats Rosalina supporters! I am super psyched to see her playable. If you would have asked me a year ago if I wanted Rosalina, I would of said no but, slowly, I have grown attached to her. I am very glad to see her make an appearance, even if it means my Bowser Jr. is not playable. Congrats everyone! She looks awesome!

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Hm. And I heard so many people say that this couldn't happen. I heard people saying she's too insignificant, she hasn't appeared in enough games, she's unnecessary, etc. But here she is.

Can't say I'm disappointed right now. I'm very happy for all those Rosalina supporters out there; I know how much they wanted her.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Congrats Rosalina fans. I'm happy she has a Luma with her too, it shakes things up a little.

Not sure how I really feel since I'm pretty neutral towards her as a character. I guess it only makes sense for the Mario series to get a 5th rep. (a modern one at that) since Zelda and Pokemon already had more overall.

I imagine that's it for Mario reps. Might be time for bowser Jr, waluigi, toad and paper Mario fans to close up shop....

When I saw the trailer first I was convinced Kirby was going to be playable in Mario kart 8.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Does this confirm a Rainbow Road stage also? lol

I definitely thought this was an announcement that Kirby was crossing over into the Mario Kart series..

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Congrats guys! I must admit I wasn't keen on the idea of her, but now that I've seen her in action, she looks to be amazing. Great addition for sure!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Just rewatched the trailer and wow, she's big! Looks like Sakurai translated her to Smash very faithfully. The Luma control mechanic seems really unique. Can't wait to play her!

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Wow! First Villager, then Wii Fit Trainer and now Rosalina and Luma. I did not expect any of these! Congrats to the supporters, she is the 5th Mario character I'm glad to have considering how unique Sakurai made her. I can already see my future now. My Bowser and DK are going to have a heck of a time trying to fend of both of them at once.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder when the Smashbros site will update with her.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Wasn't a supporter, in fact I didn't really care about mario newcomers. (felt sorry for toad fans though)

Just dropping by to say congratz to all who wanted her playable, looks like ic's meets olimar, good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom