• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
True, the galaxy stage doesn't guarantee Rosalina but Dr. Mario got in on a theme song alone so you never know.

Morbi

Scavenger
oh.

BUT STILL.

my point kinda stands. (less then before, like somebody tried tripping it, but it never fell, just making it's stance unstable.)
I agree with you, we keep coming to the same conclusions. Like the Iwata one, haha. I am most certainly drawing some correlations between her reveal as a playable character and her stage. Not to mention the Mario Galaxy stage was actually revealed a while ago.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I'd support Rosalina as the 5th Mario rep if Toad isn't, or as a DLC character if Sakurai wants to try it out. I don't see her as being a Peach clone, but her move set would have to be mostly fabricated out of Galaxy elements. There's enough to work off of considering Lumas can transform into things that Rosalina could use.

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
And here I was, thinking I was the only person to support Rosalina.

Rosalina in 3DW + Galaxy stage confirmed + 3DW getting released on Friday = setting myself up for Dojo disappointment on Friday! Aw yiss.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I just noticed something about Mario Party Island Tour's box art.

Rosalina is standing on the board tile..:o it may not or mabe it does mean she could be also playable in the mario party game also?. what do you guys think.I thought before that she was standing in mid air till i found this pic.

Edit-

I searched and found that it seems shes part of a board.:/

Would be cool if shes unlockable.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And here I was, thinking I was the only person to support Rosalina.

Rosalina in 3DW + Galaxy stage confirmed + 3DW getting released on Friday = setting myself up for Dojo disappointment on Friday! Aw yiss.
Odds are, any newcomers will wait until after the veterans have been covered. Besides, we didn't get any character reveals when the Pokemon X and Y versions were released.

The fact that they already revealed the 4 Mario reps this early makes me think that they have more in-store for us. If not Rosalina then maybe Toad or Bowser Jr.? Not much to go off of, but it makes you think....

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
The fact that they already revealed the 4 Mario reps this early makes me think that they have more in-store for us. If not Rosalina then maybe Toad or Bowser Jr.? Not much to go off of, but it makes you think....
I had the same thought. Peach was revealed way before the release of 3D World. In fact, 3 more characters have been announced since her reveal. What's the rush? Why not just announce her to coincide with 3D World's release? Unless there's another character that may coincide with its release.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
You make a very good point. Rosalina or otherwise, we may be in for an interesting surprise on Friday.

Of course, Zelda or Ganondorf may be the Friday reveal, since A Link Between Worlds releases on the same day as 3D World.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
You make a very good point. Rosalina or otherwise, we may be in for an interesting surprise on Friday.

Of course, Zelda or Ganondorf may be the Friday reveal, since A Link Between Worlds releases on the same day as 3D World.
Fair enough. But still, all 4 Mario veterans have been revealed already. Even if a Mario newcomer isn't revealed on 3D World's release, there's a lot o time between Peach's reveal and Smash 4's release.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
One would also think that the Super Mario series would get the most reps out of any franchise, but I guess that's already accomplished when you combine the primary and secondary Mario characters into one group.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Kinda more of the same, but still decent for a Monday's update.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
3 Galaxy stage Miiverse pics and Rosalina's announcement in 3D World in under a week?
0.0 Something magical might be happening.... :D

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
And Rosalina still is nowhere to be found! Sakurai's up to his usual ways again.
And now we may know how the Ridley fanbase feels. Still if Rosalina is in she seems more like secret unlockable materaial.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
And now we may know how the Ridley fanbase feels. Still if Rosalina is in she seems more like secret unlockable materaial.

Definitely. I'm curious as to the handling of unlockable characters this time around. Clearly they'll have to be put on the website at some point for marketing purposes, identities hidden like on the Dojo of course, but when will we start seeing some hidden characters? We're already 18 reveals in without a single hidden character.

Unless they won't show any hidden characters until release? At the pace they've been revealing newcomers, though, it really seems like we'll need to delve into hidden characters eventually, barring a gigantic roster.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Definitely. I'm curious as to the handling of unlockable characters this time around. Clearly they'll have to be put on the website at some point for marketing purposes, identities hidden like on the Dojo of course, but when will we start seeing some hidden characters? We're already 18 reveals in without a single hidden character.

Unless they won't show any hidden characters until release? At the pace they've been revealing newcomers, though, it really seems like we'll need to delve into hidden characters eventually, barring a gigantic roster.

Remember they only started revealing unlockable characters (officially anyway) after the Japanese release. And it seems a lot of previous unlockables like Luigi and Marth have made the jump to starter so things could get interesting.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Remember they only started revealing unlockable characters (officially anyway) after the Japanese release. And it seems a lot of previous unlockables like Luigi and Marth have made the jump to starter so things could get interesting.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I don't think them being revealed means anything in terms of being starter or not. I don't think they've moved yet, but we'd have to see.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And Rosalina still is nowhere to be found! Sakurai's up to his usual ways again.
And yet people talk a lot more about Ridley, partly because of his bigger roles, while the other part is because of his size, which is quite dumb at this point.

Hardly anyone complains about Rosalina's size, since even though she's taller than Peach, she's slightly shorter than Waluigi, who's outsized by Ganondorf. Most, if not all of them, are roughly shorter than Bowser.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
Spike VGX: Super Mario 3D World Up For Game Of The Year

This year’s Spike VGX award nominations are available to view online and it’s your chance to vote for which game you think deserves Game of the Year. There’s five games you can choose from including Bioshock Infinite, Grand Theft Auto V, Super Mario 3D World, The Last of Us and Tomb Raider. It’s completely up to you which game you vote for, but it’s certainly a difficult choice as there’s been some great games released this year. The Spike VGX takes place on December 7th, so be sure to vote. http://mynintendonews.com/

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
While this means that Rosalina would no longer have to compete with Toad.

She still has to compete with Paper Mario, Bowser Jr and arguably Waluigi.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nice picture, but is that a yellow Toad ship in the background?

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I have a feeling Sakurai is going to focus more on other franchises for newcomers. He might be done with Mario.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Toad used Final Gambit, but it failed!

Whether or not this helps Bowser Jr. and/or Rosalina remains to be seen though.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Another Rosalina supporter here. Hopefully all these recent reveals lead to her being playable.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can think of a good Peach Semi-Clone Moveset for Rosalina but I'll post ti when Smashboards isn't on the blink.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ok then

B: Barrier: A cross between the reflector and Toad, Rosalina shields herself and any hit is countered be a short range blast
B-side:Star Spin: Instead of Peach's butt charge, Rosalina does a Star Spin that attacks while in motion but has some recovery afterwards.
B-Up: Fling Star: Rosalina uses a Fling Star to launch herself up wards and then floats down. Goes further than peaches but if she cancels the float she can't reactivate it.
B-Down: Star Bits: Pulls star bits out of the ground to throw at foes. Don't persist like Peach's turnips but fly faster.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I would consider myself a Rosalina supporter, but I'm also not holding my breath. She is by far my favorite Mario character and I am super excited to play 3D World because she's playable in it, but I feel that I would be setting myself up for disappointment if I expect her. However, if she keeps on being a mainstay Mario character like she has since Galaxy, maybe my sentiments will change.

But, that's just my pessimistic view on her inclusion. She would be totally awesome with a Galaxy-based moveset around gravity and cosmic magic. If she actually makes it, I can definitely see myself maining her.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If they implemented Rosalina with a unique or even with a cloney moveset, and I still got 2/3 of my big three newcomers, I wouldn't even be mad.

Hell, because of how much I love Rosalina, I'd probably even second her. I've already replaced Peach with skins of her in Project M. Sort of wish she'd just replaced Peach in Smash 4, but that's neither realistic nor OK. So whatevs.

Totally down with this.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I made a moveset for Rosie hoping to enter it into the Make Your Move contest, but I missed the deadline ;-;. All I needed were the taunts and victory celebrations too

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I, like many others, fully support Rosalina. Bowser Jr. used to be my most wanted, but I think Rosalina is up there now.

Like others have said, I'm not holding my breath nor expecting her. But, if she does somehow make it, I'd be nothing but cheerful.

Morbi

Scavenger
I support Rosalina in the same way I support Cranky Kong. It isn't rational to expect them as playable characters; however, an assist trophy would be great. I would probably cry tears of joy if either of them were actually playable. I want the roster to be cohesive, so K. Rool/Dixie and Toad/Waluigi/Bowser Jr. is the preferable scenario to keep the roster more consistent for everyone. I support her, but I do not expect her, if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom