• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Here's my moveset for Rosalina from early November.

Her A moves would involve space and star-based magic with her wand, while her special moves would involve Polari and are mainly borrowed from Mario's actions in the Galaxy games.

B: Luma Spin - Functions just like in Galaxy. Boosting Rosalina slightly upward when used in the air while stunning opponents and deflecting (but not reflecting) most projectiles.

Forward B: Star Bits - Rosalina shoots star bits from her wand. Fast but weak projectiles.

Up B: Launch Star - Polari transforms into a black launch star and shoots Rosalina upwards. Her path can be changed, and she can travel in an arc.

Down B: ??? - Maybe her reflecting bubble shield, but the Luma Spin move kinda makes that redundant.

Final Smash: Comet Storm

Having Rosalina would be interesting, but Toad should be next in line if we get a new Mario character. It just feels natural.
-----

Well, the multicolored Lumas are interesting. Hopefully she has some special move similar to the ones I imagine. Hoping that her up special is like the one listed instead of some straight generic boost path.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I might leave the forums for an hour or so to restore my frizzled brain.

*Hulas off into the shadows*

-----

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
So from the video, Baby Luma seems like it's launched by a move and will stay in one spot, mimicing Rosalina's inputs until called back (likely by the move that spawns the Luma).
She can also spawn and control it while grabbed so GG Ice Climbers, git gud. It does seems like Rosalina has some extended control of Luma as in making it move around when she's nowhere near it. Either that or Luma will "play-around" on its own if no command is given.

She seems to have a barrier that draws items to her while making beam projectiles arc around her, likely using the gravity mechanic of the Mario Galaxy stage. It also seems to reset ownership of thrown projectiles.

Girlfriend is cray.

Also, Zelda would like her Down Aerial back. Down Smash too, please.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Talk about having to eat my own words. I was CONFIDENT that Rosalina wasn't showing up.

I'm so done predicting characters. I mean, I always though a fifth Mario character was plausible, but I didn't expect THIS.

*checks video of her confirmation*

Much better than I thought she would turn out. I actually did like her as a character, I just never really felt she "deserved" to be in Smash like other Mario characters. Seems as Sakurai really doesn't care about the Smash community variation of "deservingness" after all and really, that's not a bad thing. Her move set looks really good and I'm glad Super Mario Galaxy is getting lots of representation. It deserves it after being one of the best games of last generation (specifically the original).

Congratulation Rosalina Supporters *clap hands*.
My reaction exactly.

JOIN US ON SKYPE!!!!!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Where in hell would you say that? One character's confirmation does not mean anyone else is gone.

Any of them could still be in.

If sakurai wants another Mario character, then we'll get another Mario character.

I'm so sick of people pulling this crap.
Keep hope alive dude. :sarcasm:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That gravity move looks like it has potential. Probably her down-b? Don't want to give Kirby too much...

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
That gravity move looks like it has potential. Probably her down-b? Don't want to give Kirby too much...
Kirby can spawn a Baby Luma. That's why they bonded so much in the trailer.

Creator of stars and eater of worlds working together; you cannon escape the cuteness.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Her move where she pulls in the items.....POKEBALL AND KOOPA SHELLS CONFIRMED! Rosalina confirming things left and right.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I wasn't expecting Rosalina to be playable.

BUT I AM SO HAPPY SHE IS!!!!!!!
Same here.

This is pretty exciting. First she gets revealed for Super Mario 3D World, and now Super Smash Bros! When the video on the Nintendo Direct started playing, mine first thought was, "What the deuce is Kirby doing in Mario Kart?" I thought it was just a Mario Kart trailer until they actually started showing Smash 4 footage.

Anyhow, I am definitely glad to see her in the game. She is mine favourite Mario character, next to Luigi.

[EDIT] Oh, and I was working on a detailed moveset for her, but I guess it is no longer necessary.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
WOO! Congrats guys from another silent supporter for Rosalina! I'm just a Rosalina fan and gravitated to her (lol) in MK Wii and MK7! Honestly her chances really were very likely once she became the 5th character in 3D World. :D

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well I was expecting other Mario Characters instead of Rosalina but her moveset looks great and it seems that she would be awesome to play, maybe a new main, so congrats for the supporters.
.n_n.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think there was more to it than her just being in 3D World. Don't throw those relevancy people any bones.

Though granted, actually having a playable role outside of a spinoff did help her a bit. Them again, Toad.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
One thing I'm really excited about is the quality of what she does. Obviously she's still in the works (no voice, attacks still look kinda choppy), but her quirks are really fleshed out.

I think we need to retool the term "deserve". I think as we've seen thus far, deserve doesn't mean you're a 20 year old character who's just waiting for their chance. It means you do something that no one else can do, and you deserve to be in Smash to show off those talents.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
So happy for her! Glad I can now edit my signature and put a CONFIRMED stamp on Rosalina. Daisy and Waluigi....you guys are on a thin thread.

EDIT: Also, with a similar play style to Ice Climbers and Pikmin, I think its safe to say that Ice Climbers will be returning to us :D.

And one more thing, now that she's officially confirmed I have no use for my fan moveset for Make a Move anymore. I will put it up on here just for fun ^_^. I actually had the playstyle similar to that of what they showed (her using her lumas) but more templated form a Namco character.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
I personally did not expect her over some of the other mario reps, but she looks really fun so congrats to those who did!

memk

Smash Cadet
NNID
memk1213
So uh Rosalina. What do you guys think? She has auto-desync combos and you cant grab the luma but it can be hit. Works like ICs but better.

(all speculation from a trailer)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
One thing I'm really excited about is the quality of what she does. Obviously she's still in the works (no voice, attacks still look kinda choppy), but her quirks are really fleshed out.

I think we need to retool the term "deserve". I think as we've seen thus far, deserve doesn't mean you're a 20 year old character who's just waiting for their chance. It means you do something that no one else can do, and you deserve to be in Smash to show off those talents.
Hasn't Sakurai stated as much in the past?

Either way, while its true that Rosalina seems to be using a moveset style that hasn't been represented in Smash, its not technically one that only she could do. I think there's a factor of being relevant or historic combined with Sakurai thinking of a play style or moveset that hasn't been done yet or is at least underrepresented in Smash.

RyanR

Smash Apprentice
So happy for her! Glad I can now edit my signature and put a CONFIRMED stamp on Rosalina. Daisy and Waluigi....you guys are on a thin thread.

EDIT: Also, with a similar play style to Ice Climbers and Pikmin, I think its safe to say that Ice Climbers will be returning to us :D.

And one more thing, now that she's officially confirmed I have no use for my fan moveset for Make a Move anymore. I will put it up on here just for fun ^_^. I actually had the playstyle similar to that of what they showed (her using her lumas) but more templated form a Namco character.
I highly doubt Daisy will ever be in a smash game.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

While you're at it, remove the deconfirmed one on Toad. HE IS NOT DECONFIRMED!

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
You know, initially I wasn't expecting her at all, but given the strange amount of attention she has been receiving recently after her appearance in 3D World and after the trailer her appearing in Mario Kart, my surprise is far less then I originally expected.

Though given what I've seen call me impressive.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've updated my sig to include Rosalina now. I've always actually been a silent supporter of her as my most wanted Mario character. Just thought her chances were merely a pipedream compared to the likes of Toad, Bowser jr, etc. Glad I was wrong.

She will definitely be one of my mains now. ^_^

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I still feel like I'm dreaming.

But I think that's because I got like 4 hours of sleep last night.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Anyone else notice the combo she pulled off towards the end of the video?

Combos + increased hitstun confirmed?
Yup that's what i was looking for the whole time after the epic kirby cinematic, I really hope the dodge doesn't cancel a potential combo though, haven't seen anything like that so far so..... its going good.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I was never a supporter of Rosalina, or Villager, OR Wii Fit Trainer prior to their reveals...

But like I said earlier Sakurai once again shows he really has a knack for fleshing out his character choices and making people understand why he chose to add who he did.

After seeing what he did with her moveset I think she was a fantastic choice. Plus the Luma is adorable. Love that they fight as a team. ^.^

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
While you're at it, remove the deconfirmed one on Toad. HE IS NOT DECONFIRMED!
I'll consider it. I do want Toad, as do I Walu and Daisy, but now that we have 5 Mario representatives...is there really room for them? They still have a chance but 6-7 reps from Mario would be crazy (but AWESOME!). Keep in mind I'm not counting DK, Wario, and Yoshi since they are counted as a different series. I understand that they all originate from Mario games but regardless I don't count them as Mario reps themselves.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll consider it. I do want Toad, as do I Walu and Daisy, but now that we have 5 Mario representatives...is there really room for them? They still have a chance but 6-7 reps from Mario would be crazy (but AWESOME!). Keep in mind I'm not counting DK, Wario, and Yoshi since they are counted as a different series. I understand that they all originate from Mario games but regardless I don't count them as Mario reps themselves.

Yeah, and considering the Website shows Rosy's symbol is a Mario Mushroom it's safe to say that at the very least another Mario Character would be secret and unlockable.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm more happy that her height, being 150% that of Mario's, has been accurately portrayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom