• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20070818 -- The Third Rex hosted by The Buzz Saw

Casture

Smash Apprentice
WE have something where the computer goes to a VCR, which you just press play on the VCR and record on the computer....then I asssume you just save it and upload it.? Never actually tried it with a vid but my mom did with old family vids.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I posted the directions to my place. Smash FTW!

Gojira

Smash Lord
just a lil notice

Try to host a tourney before OC3 and again utah might make it. Just PM layne and ask him if the date you create is ok and if he says yes, have him inform me or other utahns......thats the best way to get us out there.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Alright, well this tournament is back on the schedule. I do believe Xsyven and another guy from southern Utah are flying up for this, so it'll be good. ^_^

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
MY NAME WAS MENTIONED HERE.

So yeah, we can't make it on the fourth... Maybe the 18th.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
August 18... no more changes...

But hey, Casture, I still want a smashfest on August 4th, so plan on that day either way. XD

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
I'll be able to go, but im kind of rusty. I can bring a wii i dont have a game
and is it single or double elemination?

laozy

Smash Journeyman
i'd love to attend this tournament, but since Unknownforce is coming on the 18th...we have to have a tournament for him. is there any way to change the tournament to the 25th or later. if not, i dont blame u guys. anyway...good luck.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
i'd love to attend this tournament, but since Unknownforce is coming on the 18th...we have to have a tournament for him. is there any way to change the tournament to the 25th or later. if not, i dont blame u guys. anyway...good luck.
Aren't you guys all running off to EVO the weekend of the 25th?

laozy

Smash Journeyman
hummm oh oh here are my new and improved plans:

1.we go up to idaho on the 18th and then utah host a tournament a few days after (19th,20th).
2.go to idaho on the 18th and bring the whole gang along, including unknownforce. (most likely the whole gang wont make it) or
3.change the tournament date. (even though i know you dont want to change the date)

as you can see, i'm the only person excited to go to idaho. so if another plan comes along, please post.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I like plan #2 because we are having several travelers already (western Idaho along with southern Utah). Adding northern Utah to the mix would be golden. 2007 Idaho vs Utah crew battle, anyone? ^_^

And don't forget... Food is provided by the amazing sugarpoultry, teh uber Idaho Link main. ;)

knuttz45

Smash Ace
I'll be able to go, but im kind of rusty. I can bring a wii i dont have a game
and is it single or double elemination?
I'll say the same thing as gnois, get practin up. Plus I'd like to play Utah. Ha, I'd love to see where exactly I stand amongst other people...Other than josh and dan and arron, barron, etc...
After this tourney my attitue will be as follows,

a. I'm actually pretty darn good....
b. realize I'm just an ameture who can only beat little kids at tourneys.
c. Find I'm mediocore, and that sometimes I can keep up most people, but still sloppy and choppy.

I'm going for C...its a happy medium,

BACK TO ON TOPIC..
So Unless something drastic changes, count me in Buzz...Also, I have a cube, controllers (and game ofcourse), So if you supply the food, and mountian air...I'll bring the cube. :)

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Bad news, Buzz.

Unless SkyWest decides to start paying me this August, I can't come.

Money's a big issue here, since I can only work at Best Buy on weekends. The weekend before your tournament, my entire family is coming up, and we haven't all been together for years. So, unless I get some money from Best Buy, that's going to be two weeks off work.

Sorry for the trouble, Buzz. Devin and I will totally come over and play you guys some other week though. It'll be a 4 person party. Us, vs you and your Mrs.

laozy

Smash Journeyman
oh no, idaho tournament is falling apart. if we dont have a tournament here, count me in. (i hope that makes you feel better)

but if we do...how bout west idaho and rexburg idaho come to utah on the 18th. and bring sugarpoultry's cooking along. so. utah should come to.

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
If you guys are going to Utah i might need a ride ill help pay for gas.

Also if anyone in Rexburg, Idaho wants to practice please let me know because i don't have a ssbm game and i need to do some serious practce'n.

Anyones help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
I like plan #2 because we are having several travelers already (western Idaho along with southern Utah). Adding northern Utah to the mix would be golden. 2007 Idaho vs Utah crew battle, anyone? ^_^

And don't forget... Food is provided by the amazing sugarpoultry, teh uber Idaho Link main. ;)
I agree with plan #2 too!!!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Also if anyone in Rexburg, Idaho wants to practice please let me know because i don't have a ssbm game and i need to do some serious practce'n.
I am always here in Rexburg if you want to practice. In fact, I think I am the only one in Rexburg. Casture/Josh live in Rigby. Everyone else lives in Idaho Falls. Let me know if you wanna have a smashfest. I am hosting one this Saturday at noon. :)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Until about 3:30 PM... maybe later if people show. ;)

Casture

Smash Apprentice
lol, we keep losing people. Sorry to say, but I can only make it for half of the tourny....couldn't get work off. Maybe if we moved it to start at say......9 am. lol.

Josh is coming, probably for the entire thing. He beat me good last night. Our stars were about equal. I really need to get Yoshi better.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Oh, jjoe moved to rexburg. I thought I remembered him running the Nampa tournament last August; that's why I suggested he practice with us.

It's a little far now, though.

:/

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, just keep me posted. You are all welcome to crash at my place.

PitchD

Smash Apprentice
I'll be coming with Knuttz just incase you didn't see.
Just let me know if you need me to bring anything like food and drinks or what not.
Wii, games, controllers, TVs?
Hit me up.

-QraQ

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Bring everything you are capable of and willing to bring. We really do need TVs and consoles. Casture and I will each provide one smash station, so we definitely need more. I have plenty of tables and power strips, though.

gnosis

Smash Lord
W. Idaho should get together and discuss this trip; it's in all our best interests to split as little gas as possible among as many people as possible.

Could we all car pool, or will two vehicles be necessary? So far I know PitchD, Knuttz, The Chancellor (of Idaho), and I are going. Four people splitting one trip is better than two people splitting two separate trips ;D.

Besides, roadtrips are always fun with more people, so long as it's still comfy enough.

knuttz45

Smash Ace
W. Idaho should get together and discuss this trip; it's in all our best interests to split as little gas as possible among as many people as possible.

Could we all car pool, or will two vehicles be necessary? So far I know PitchD, Knuttz, The Chancellor (of Idaho), and I are going. Four people splitting one trip is better than two people splitting two separate trips ;D.

Besides, roadtrips are always fun with more people, so long as it's still comfy enough.
I think that sounds like a good idea. I'll see If I can borrow my parents 4 runner (has no radio...some d-bag stole the face plate), my car won't fit 4 people. Also, if scarykid goes...that would be 5. a 4 runner can fit five...plus cubes, tvs, and clothes in the back. :) As long as everyone gave some gas money, i think we'd get there alright. BUT, if we can get Felix and his bud to go...we'd have to take 2 cars (7 people). It still would be nice to roll together just in case something happens if we have to take 2 cars. If anyone is W. Idaho wants to go....just say, so all of us can go together.
Anyway Gnos, call me so we can all make plans.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
As much as I'd hate to break up the single carpool idea, we really need more equipment (TV + cube = station). If you guys do decide to carpool without a TV, let me know so I can go beg my neighbors for one. >_<

knuttz45

Smash Ace
As much as I'd hate to break up the single carpool idea, we really need more equipment (TV + cube = station). If you guys do decide to carpool without a TV, let me know so I can go beg my neighbors for one. >_<
I'm pretty sure the 4 runner might carry 2 tv's...maybe more. The back is on the bigger size. I'm bringing one TV and cube by the way. W. Boise contact me to discuss what we can bring.

jjoe

Smash Apprentice
I may not be able to make it to the idaho tourney,

but maybe I can go to the Utah tourney.

That is if anyone has room in their vehicle

for one more person i'll help pay for gas and

snacks. (:

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I assume Casture is teaming with Josh, so I could probably team with you BC... just like old times... :)

Top Bottom