• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

20070818 -- The Third Rex hosted by The Buzz Saw

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer

[size=+1]proudly presents[/size]

[size=+2]The Third Rex[/size]

Saturday, August 18, 2007
Events start at NOON!

Buzz -- 208-403-3518
Jennette -- 435-531-1476

577 South 5th West #1
Rexburg, ID 83440

- take first Rexburg exit (#332); turn right
- turn left at first light (railroad tracks)
- turn right at 7th South (light)
- turn left at "S 5th W"
- Greendoor Apartments is the first building on the right immediately after passing 6th South
- park anywhere (no permits required); go to door #1 :)

Singles (1v1) Event -- CONFIRMED -- $5 entry
Doubles (2v2) Event -- CONFIRMED -- $5 entry
Draft Crew Battle Event -- if there is time :) -- free

60/30/10 payout

[size=+1]<< TENTATIVE LIST >>[/size]
The Buzz Saw (host)
sugarpoultry
Casture
Josh
gnosis
gnosis friend #1
gnosis friend #2
Xsyven
Devin
BattleChrist

[size=+1]<< EQUIPMENT >>[/size]

Buzz -- 1 TV, 1 Wii, 1 Smash, 6 folding chairs, 2 couches, 3 tables
Casture -- 1 TV, 1 Cube, 1 Smash
BC -- 1 TV
West Idaho -- 2 TVs (?), 2 Cubes, 2 Smashes
... please post if you can bring anything!

[size=+1]<< HOUSING >>[/size]

West Idaho & SoTah @ Buzz's apartment

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
How many people show up to Idaho tournaments? I could fly into Idaho Falls-- how far away from Rexburg is that?

gnosis

Smash Lord
I and two others are planning on coming. Well, 2 for now, that number may increase.

Oh yeah, and we will probably need overnight hosting.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
How many people show up to Idaho tournaments? I could fly into Idaho Falls-- how far away from Rexburg is that?
It's about 20 to 30 minutes away. Most of the players are coming from Idaho Falls anyway, so you could probably get Mike or Ryan to pick you up. If not, perhaps you could time your trip with gnosis'. We'll figure something out.

If the situation becomes dire, I could head out and pick you up. As for attendance, we generally range between 10 and 20 people on a good day. When Utah attended last time, we had a pretty good turnout from Idaho as well. We'll need Mike and Ryan's help getting those people again.

Casture

Smash Apprentice
My house is free to anyone...if necessary. I live halfway between Idaho Falls and Rexburg.

I got TV cube smash ....hopefully there aren't any stairs we have to go up. TV's are heavy.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Well, you got me on an open weekend, but I don't know if I'd be up to it.

The first weekend of June, I'm going to SLC. The second weekend, I'm going to Portland, the fourth weekend, I'm going to Washington DC, and the next I might be in Houston...

I think I'll sit this one out, Buzz. Go to Salt Lake on the 2nd. We need to play!

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Whoa... sudden burnout! Shall I delay it until July? It would probably be better and give more people time to plan on attending.

And no, Casture, there are no stairs to traverse. You've been to my latest apartment, haven't you?

gnosis

Smash Lord
Hmm. I'll ask. One of the people already asked work off, but he could be able to switch it.

This is just my concern though, don't let me dictate anything. :p

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, on one hand, I don't want to change the current plan since everyone has this date in mind. On the other hand, I want to insure a decent turnout. :(

I'll give it some thought.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
id be willing to go if i can hitch a ride with gnosis. dunno about bringing anyone else. either way, i asked gamescape and they want a signed sheet of guaranteed attendants. i recommend any locals in w.idaho to arrange a meeting somewhere for a little smashing as well as signing up for the gig and discussing possible tournament dates. tmw ima head over to playntrade and sign up for the june 2nd thing. sooooo POO

gnosis

Smash Lord
Well Felix, we're probably going to have another smashfest/mini-tournament sometime this week. I dunno though, might be next week depending on who all can come. You're invited, of course :p

Anyway, we could get some discussion and list-making going on there.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, no Yamer, no Xsyven, and so far no Utah carpool. You guys still up for this? I am if you are. We got Casture. XD

I could move it to July 9. I just need to know which you all prefer.

FeLixSainT

Smash Apprentice
kk, just lemme know ahead of time so i can plan ahead. im already registered at playntrade for this saturday and the rest of the day will be dedicated to my sis' b-day. so if its anytime soon call me to make sure. btw i just saw this pc chris play for the first time. all i have to say is.................... -.-

gnosis

Smash Lord
Felix, IRL or in a video? Because if it's IRL then I wanna know what the hell you've been up to, lol.

As far as we are concerned, I think it might be best to move this tourney to July 9th now.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Thanks for saying something sooner.
Yeah, no kidding. Didn't you Utah smashers go to 0C2? And now you are going to 0C3? Man, I forgot how rich I was as a single person. >_<

gnosis

Smash Lord
Yeah, I talked to Gojira and he said that he and several other Utahs will try to be there. And now my group has work off again, so we'll be there.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Excellent! Idaho versus Utah crew battle! :D

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Any idea as to a rough guarantee of attendees?
We generally have from 16 to 20 attendees at Idaho tournaments. I have no idea how this one will turn out, but with Utah and west Idaho attending, it should be decent.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Utah not posting in this thread is making me nervous...

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Forgive the double post, but I need to bump this with news:

Utah is not coming. I fear it would not be worth west Idaho's time to drive all the way over here (you can if you still really want to). I apologize for those who got work off that day. Get together and practice! Prepare for next month! I will still hold a smashfest this Saturday, so I hope BattleChrist, Casture, and whoever else wants to come can still come.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Haha, it's okay.

One of my travelling buddies is going to Oregon to see his parents, and the other said he called off work but then he actually forgot to. And I wouldn't want to do the trip on my own right now, so, eh. No big deal.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Yep, I'll be there.....at 12 still Buzz..? I'll try to bring Josh along with me. He doesn't even know the tourney is canceled yet, sssssss.
Yeah. We'll just smash things up for a while. Quality practice for a future event. ^_^

Sadly, my video capture attempt failed miserably, Casture. Do you have any equipment for digitizing?

Top Bottom