• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

2007 Southern Smash Circuit - Next Stop: LA - Last Smash

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i think the point system is good in thought, but it falls short of gauging actual skill, since travel plays such a big role, especially on players that live the furthest and have the hardest time traveling w/ those special resources- time and money. :-/

I'm sure most people could even agree on "disagreements" w/ player rankings based on points. Such that X player is deffinately better than player Y, but Y went to one more tournament(that may have been twice as easy) and got just enough points to be "higher" than X, etc. Plus some tournaments simply have a lot more pros at them than others, like comparing INN5 to LAST.
But like i said, the point system technically IS our only logical best option for ranking players, but it assumes the playing fields and opportunities for participation are relatively even...i'd personally prefer relying on my sense and judgement. In either case, you'll see valid arguments.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
i think the point system is good in thought, but it falls short of gauging actual skill, since travel plays such a big role, especially on players that live the furthest and have the hardest time traveling w/ those special resources- time and money. :-/

I'm sure most people could even agree on "disagreements" w/ player rankings based on points. Such that X player is deffinately better than player Y, but Y went to one more tournament(that may have been twice as easy) and got just enough points to be "higher" than X, etc. Plus some tournaments simply have a lot more pros at them than others, like comparing INN5 to LAST.
But like i said, the point system technically IS our only logical best option for ranking players, but it assumes the playing fields and opportunities for participation are relatively even...i'd personally prefer relying on my sense and judgement. In either case, you'll see valid arguments.
Nice post. And I agree with you. Unfortunately there has to be some system that is as far from an opinion as possible, which is why we do it this way.

That's also why I try to pick tournies all over the region instead of 1 area. If that were the case, I'd pick them all in Memphis so I could go to them :p

I'll be updating the circuit stuff from LAST soon (finally got days off from work) and post about the next tourney.

People have been asking about when the final tourney will be. It will definitely be at INN VI, I'm just not sure when that will be. Probably brawl. Probably spring break. :)

Handorin

Smash Hero
LAST smash wasnt the literal last, but an acronym for something. (Cant remember off the top of my head)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Haha. INN VI will likely be the last stop as it will complete the circle. That won't be till brawl though :)
INN VI is going to be a Brawl tournament?

Also, I don't think it makes sense to end a circuit of Melee tournaments with a Brawl tournament.

Blazied Reggie

Smash Rookie
Yea i'll try 2 stay up on this thread **** do sound about right. Yo is there any1 here who lives in Miami & down 4 some fadin? Hit me up i'm looking for some ppl 2 play wit, i already know i'm good has hell i just need 2 win a few tournaments so don't take me has a noob looking 4 someone 2 play. If ya reply 2 me like YeA DuDe We cAn rUn a FeW MaTcHeS, I'll already know u ain't ready. I'm looking 2 play people who want 2 be the best in the world or at least well trained nothin less.

Yo shiek freak lets show these *****s how a ***** eat, all day and twice on sunday!!

Holla at cha boy!!!!

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Yea i'll try 2 stay up on this thread **** do sound about right. Yo is there any1 here who lives in Miami & down 4 some fadin? Hit me up i'm looking for some ppl 2 play wit, i already know i'm good has hell i just need 2 win a few tournaments so don't take me has a noob looking 4 someone 2 play. If ya reply 2 me like YeA DuDe We cAn rUn a FeW MaTcHeS, I'll already know u ain't ready. I'm looking 2 play people who want 2 be the best in the world or at least well trained nothin less.

Yo shiek freak lets show these *****s how a ***** eat, all day and twice on sunday!!

Holla at cha boy!!!!
miami?

you got esam, seibrik, and a lot of other beast sfl players

Blazied Reggie

Smash Rookie
Oh 4 real!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo check me out, big favor hit them up[ cuz i don't know who they are being the reason i'm asking u or at least lead them 2 this page] and be like yo whens the next time u guys playing and where at or even i can have ya come 2 my crib its big i can fit a normal size tournament in my room or i can play where u guys play at, makes no difference

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I wonder; is there going to be a separate league for Melee and Brawl if this continues into 2008? That'd be nice for everyone, although I'm most concerned about Brawl, myself.

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
I have a tournament idea for the Carolinas - but i dont have anyone who can help and i dont have the materials to even attempt to start it [and i live in Rock Hill, South Carolina] all i have is a name
"Bragging Rights" i woud really like this circuit to come down here but i cant control that if anyone has and helpful tips or ideas to start it i would really apreaciate it :)

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Gamers Edge is the name of the game center and Bragging Rights is the name of the tournament and its in SOuth Carolina FOrt Mill to be exact

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
For those curious, I'm thinking Carolinas is going to be next stop.

Carolina tourney directors: pm/aim/email/something me if you want to be considered :)
what is your e-mail prince zane???? and i would like one to come at least to fort mill South Carolina

Handorin

Smash Hero
Nice quadruple post. lol

1. This isnt 2007
2. This is kinda dead
3. I havnt seen Zane in awhile
4. Brawl and Melee might be seperate

Top Bottom