• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/19/08-1/20/08 San Antonio, TX: FINAL SMASH 2 (FIRST POST UPDATE!)

K1T3

Smash Lord
Cyphus I was planning 8 pools with top 4 advancing and balancing out the number of players in the pools like you said, but Kyle's saying something about wanting a 64 man bracket.... I'll convince him out of it... Well if there's a whole whole lot of people then maybe...

Bear good advertising =)

Poke Floats and Jungle Japes aren't banned for MLG....

I hope I'll be able to house people again =)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
*Happy dances for random reset and non-random ban*
Pokefloats is banned, eh? Interesting.
(Yeah, I know, I'm a rules ***** :( )

:cool:

I agree, low-tier first day would be amazing. Definately put it after singles, though. Since we won't be stuck in Da Closet this time around, singles will probly run faster.

SOS, d'you honestly expect people to go to sleep at your place at 2am? Thats what you guys said last time, and you an' bear were both still up at 5am when i fell asleep, lawl.
Cyphus I was planning 8 pools with top 4 advancing and balancing out the number of players in the pools like you said, but Kyle's saying something about wanting a 64 man bracket.... I'll convince him out of it... Well if there's a whole whole lot of people then maybe...

Bear good advertising =)

If Jungle Japes is the one with the rock, I'll take it off the banned list. Someone please confirm that for me. If it's the one with the cabin, that's still banned.

As for Poke floats, well, you can kinda blame Florida >.> but it's a debatable stage anyways since Fox falls through half of the stage, Peach's dsmash wrecks house because almost everything is a curve, Falco's low percent kills, the camping.....

Personally, I love the stage because it's fun, but it will take a lot of convincing to change it.

At least I'm not keeping it on like the Kishes to do a double Jiggs team on that stages (No offense to the Kishes)

Broly

Smash Lord
ill house you guy's again cyphus but everyone needs to be in bed by 2 am otherwise my gf will probly castrate me in my sleep lol
>.< I called it first, lol.

i'll play MvC2, hehe...but i'll MM anyone any amount for Kirby's Avalanche

oooooooo, i use to play it, so ill take u up on that if bring it. i havent played it in awhile so, i need warmups

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Kongo Jungle (the SSBM version) is the one with the rock, and im pretty sure its usually banned. Jungle japes is the river one.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
ill do my best to make it this time, hopefully my parents wont throw some more stuff at my to where i cant make it to an awesome tourny. so put me down.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
*Happy dances for random reset and non-random ban*
Pokefloats is banned, eh? Interesting.
(Yeah, I know, I'm a rules ***** :( )

:cool:

I agree, low-tier first day would be amazing. Definately put it after singles, though. Since we won't be stuck in Da Closet this time around, singles will probly run faster.

SOS, d'you honestly expect people to go to sleep at your place at 2am? Thats what you guys said last time, and you an' bear were both still up at 5am when i fell asleep, lawl.

Bear good advertising =)

If Jungle Japes is the one with the rock, I'll take it off the banned list. Someone please confirm that for me. If it's the one with the cabin, that's still banned.

As for Poke floats, well, you can kinda blame Florida >.> but it's a debatable stage anyways since Fox falls through half of the stage, Peach's dsmash wrecks house because almost everything is a curve, Falco's low percent kills, the camping.....

Personally, I love the stage because it's fun, but it will take a lot of convincing to change it.

At least I'm not keeping it on like the Kishes to do a double Jiggs team on that stages (No offense to the Kishes)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

I really don't understand why you would ban jungle japes and poke floats...It's like you hate counterpick stages and think they are bad for some reason. Both of those stages are perfectly fine....

Also, add me to the list! And some of the people of you under texas (I.E. Cypus) are NOT from texas lmao.

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
Kite the link to my house is here

Also, are you going to Jerry's party? I need a ride.
Anybody who has time to pick me up I will pitch in for gas money.
Call my cell -> (210)8384262

EDIT: OMFG Kyle! Add me already!

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Also, who want's to house everyone coming from austin?

uglywombat2004

Smash Lord
I might be able to house some of Austin. Only if you bring another setup to my house because I already have 6 people and only one setup will be annoying.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I might be able to house some of Austin. Only if you bring another setup to my house because I already have 6 people and only one setup will be annoying.
I am bringing 2 gamecubes and possibly a tv.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Add me to the list KM, I'll be going.

However, it's gonna take alot more than Singles Pools to persuade me for Singles matches kite.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Dude, everyone who isn't a super floaty is doomed in the river. It's like Big Blue. Not to mention the Clap traps that will get you at any random time.

You're telling me THAT'S not banned?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dude, everyone who isn't a super floaty is doomed in the river. It's like Big Blue. Not to mention the Clap traps that will get you at any random time.

You're telling me THAT'S not banned?
I'm telling you that lots of people love that stage for a counter-pick because the great amount of tricks various characters have on it.

And while fast fallers die fast in the river, they can move around the stage invinsible most of the time so it balances out. It's just that there are so many edges it makes it fun :)

But I could care less really, I would never pick it lol.

reqy

Smash Journeyman
You'll make Forward sad.
Everytime Japes is banned, God kills a kitten. Please think of the kittens.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Also, pokefloats is VERY common in tournaments and should not be banned >_>.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pokefloats shouldn't be banned, it's one of the few good Marth counterpick stages.

Japes is debatable, I think it should be off because of the river and the random klap trap deciding too many matches but neither of those is TOO terrible compared to the other banned stages. So it could go either way.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
drew everytime i see your avatar i get this incredible urge to run something over >.>

also i am already housing rio grand
if anyone need's housing let me know asap

hylian how many of you need housing this time around? you kal pope austin?

Galt

Smash Journeyman
I hate Poke Floats, but I think it's pretty standard by now, and I can always ban it. Falco(n) doesn't really need fancy counterpick stages, anyway.

I do, on the other hand, agree with Drew and Kyle that Japes is pretty terrible. Try playing there with Luigi sometime. :( Around my dorm, we like to put that one on random just because it keeps us all laughing for the 1.5 minutes it takes one of us to get Klaptrap'd to death while the other camps. I don't care so much about convention, here: I think this is a worthless stage, and besides, I think it was only recently that it was allowed as a counterpick anyway.

K1T3

Smash Lord
It's always been allowed as a counter pick, just no one picked it cause it was teh sucks thus people never saw how ******** it was in tourney and it was never banned... I never said not to ban it or anything I was just copying Sethlon and pointing out that it isn't MLG banned.
But you also have to think if your reason for banning it is just camping then Corneria is just as bad since it has a divider. Pokefloats and rainbow cruise freakin move! Rainbow cruise has disappearing platforms! Yet none of these things seem enough of a reason to ban a stage. Save camping as Peach's Castle was banned for that reason... I think Onett too but not sure on that.
And please leave Onett banned at the very least...

forkgirl

Smash Lord
omg ban onett...if not then it really will be sos' final **** ;P lol but i'm not complaining since that level helped us in teams at mlgdallas <3

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's always been allowed as a counter pick, just no one picked it cause it was teh sucks thus people never saw how ******** it was in tourney and it was never banned... I never said not to ban it or anything I was just copying Sethlon and pointing out that it isn't MLG banned.
But you also have to think if your reason for banning it is just camping then Corneria is just as bad since it has a divider. Pokefloats and rainbow cruise freakin move! Rainbow cruise has disappearing platforms! Yet none of these things seem enough of a reason to ban a stage. Save camping as Peach's Castle was banned for that reason... I think Onett too but not sure on that.
And please leave Onett banned at the very least...
I wouldn't mind onett not being banned but that's just because I am a fox player who is very very very good at waveshine infinites lol. It really really needs to be banned >_>.

Also, SOS, I really have no idea. It will be at least me and kal probably jf and austin. Don't know about other people.

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
omg ban onett...if not then it really will be sos' final **** ;P lol but i'm not complaining since that level helped us in teams at mlgdallas <3
i still say mlg dallas was the best tournament ever :p

well except for the expensive food lol 4$ water wtf is that lol

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Quick vote people: Should I add stage strikes to the crew battles? And if so MLG rr and non neutral style or any stage?

Xzile the Tainted

Smash Cadet
Yo, The Random Tournament was first created by Xzile (Formerly RagnaRoK) and the BKM crew, J-Roc and Shine. We want our due respect. So give us credit in the main post. Besides, this, add these to the Texas for attending.

Rawr It's Luigi
Tac0
Pi3
J-Roc
Shine
Ugly-Man
Xzile the Tainted

Top Bottom