• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1/19/08-1/20/08 San Antonio, TX: FINAL SMASH 2 (FIRST POST UPDATE!)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Mosquito, what's the earliest we can show up at Gamelot for friendlies and junk?

I'm gonna try to make it there as soon as I can...
SHow up around 10 or 11, any time is good because it's open right now.

Anyone have a problem (they closed 410 AGAIN!) call me at 210 723 5386

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
On our way :). Soon.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Sorry, I know its a little late. But Im going to this too. i can bring a cube, disc, and 2-3 power strips. We'll be there in an hour.

Mr.C

Smash Master
ummmmm jf dominated dope and tink 4 stocksies

coach has a tiny *****...but thats old news.

im pretty much amazing but thats also old news....

green greens is a horrible stage it should be deleted or some ****

dope owns..4ward owns and top 4 will prolly look something like

dope, xelic, caveman, 4ward in no order, other then that I have no idea whats going on at the tourney =[ lol

edit: jf's boobs were looking spectacular tonight.

artarian

Smash Journeyman
RAYZORIUM IS THE BEST FALCON IN THE WORLD! LET IT BE KNOWN!!! NO1 CAN STOP HIM!!!!!!!!except for forward......

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Sweet tournament, I had a lot of fun, and I'm saying this since I won't be showing up on Sunday due to the fact my presence is no longer needed since I never planned on participating in teams and crews, so I just wanted to say it was good seeing everyone again. I'm not one for shout outs so I'll just say it was fun chillin and hanging with y'all.

This is the end of Melee for me, it was a good run... now to embrace the upcoming Brawl. :)

forkgirl

Smash Lord
before finals, cave and forward decided to split...then they played and forward won

1. forward
2. cave
3. xelic
4. rayzorium

and i'm not positive, but i think:

5. tope
5. jf

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet
I had to work Sunday, and holy crap I needed sleep. So we left around midnight like right before finals.

Caveman, Dope, Dank, SOS, Kyle, etc.: Sorry I couldn't hang out with you guys and the plans changed. If I had Sunday off as well this wouldn't be much of a problem, but work and sleep go hand in hand. Pretty sad because I don't have a clue when the opportunity would ever happen again.

Broly & Hylian: Sorry for being such a grump when it came around to face you guys in the pool. I knew I wouldn't have enough points and seeing you guys play I knew you had more ability in game. Didn't want to sour the mood, so I hope you guys had a good time. Overall I did.

IIDX and his friends: Told you busting out the items was a good idea. This should be a ritual to do once so many people are out of the main tourney. Just for ****s and giggles you know.

To everyone who was annoyed with me going around trying to figure out what pool I was in:
My name was put down as 'OmniDragon' and I thought this was someone else. All I put my name down as was 'Omni', so it took at least 20+ minutes just to figure out this mistake. Not that big of a deal, but I'm sure it was annoying as all hell to see me looking at each sheet more than 5 times.

Velox

Smash Ace
lol, wtf, GOOD JOB RAYZORIUM!!!

JF did good as well

Who did Roy_R lose to?

Edit**** Let me guess, Sethlon lost to a girl?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Singles was pretty awesome, and Rayz vs. Lee was too good.

Team's gonna be so fun today...

anyone recorded anything?
Some later matches got recorded, but I have no idea whether or not when they'll be put on the internet.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I have Xelic vs. Forward Losers Final matches and the first 4 matches of Caveman vs. Forward's Grand Finals recorded. And of course, youtube is being a little douche. Keeps saying that 3 minute videos are too large. I'll have them up as soon as I can.

Oh, and great tourney. I broke pools, but lost bad in the tourney. Rayzorium is my hero. :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
TGM recorded matches, about 25 he said. He should making a video thread, which he hopefully will post in here.

This tournament had a lot of upsets. Save Forward, who ya know, is frickin good, Texas managed to take on all the other OOS, proving PC and all the other naysayers wrong (after all, Forward can and has beaten a lot of those people).

K1T3

Smash Lord
Cave was still in winners and foward won losers finals and asked Cave to split is how I understood it, and then sandbagging proceeded over the grand finals. I would definately not say that foward is better then cave though, but that's just me.

I loved the Cave vs Xelic matches. Cave only used slap pretty much the whole time, it was funny. He would lose the match then counterpick the same stage, **** Xelic there, then lose on Xelic's counterpick, counterpick the same stage again and **** there, then Xelic went MuteCity and Cave didn't get to ban it like he wanted so it seemed he actually tried and then really ***** Xelic. Cave is too good =)

Dope got 5th losing to Rayz, those matches were amazing and probably the coolest I saw.

thereaperX

Smash Cadet
Cave was still in winners and foward won losers finals and asked Cave to split is how I understood it, and then sandbagging proceeded over the grand finals. I would definately not say that foward is better then cave though, but that's just me.
you should never judge just on one tournament. cave and forward are both in the same general tier of skill for sure but overall the edge definitely goes to forward because of his imrpessive track record against numerous other powerhouse smashers across the US.

caveman hasn't travelled as much as of recent.

also, you cannot assume that caveman is the only one who sandbags just because he loses a grand finals set with basically no money on the line since they decided to split. i'm sure forward didn't care as much either in the end and it's likely he was not trying his best as well.

even so to be honest you probably shouldn't list the results as "1. forward 2. caveman"

it should really be "1. forward 1. caveman 3. xelic" and so on because playing basically a friendly match set after you split money shouldn't really count for much unless they decided to split after that first set.

but unfortunately i don't know the details since i left a little early before the grand finals so many somebody can fill me in

This tournament had a lot of upsets. Save Forward, who ya know, is frickin good, Texas managed to take on all the other OOS, proving PC and all the other naysayers wrong (after all, Forward can and has beaten a lot of those people).
also king mosquito what exactly do you mean when yo usay PC was a "naysayer" pc chris is too nice to trash talk about texas UNLESS he just said he's better than texas in which case that is true and i have no problems with that.

but i dont think pc would say that texas sucks too much to beat out the other oos competitors who came here.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
how did dope and tink do? i'm surprised they didn't do that well

Dojo

Smash Champion
dope and tink actually placed first in doubles if im not mistaken
good **** to them two
i'll give shoutouts later when im not being lazy

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Galt does shouts when he gets bored.

But first, some general notices: Dope and Tink did take first in teams. Crews were stolen by Forward, SOS, Dope, and Tink. Our very own reqy beat Tink in singles. Rayzorium didn't lose a single match in pools, which included Caveman. Sethlon didn't lose a single match in pools, which included Forward's Sheik. Dope and I are friends forever because we synergize. My team (reqy + Galt) should've been called Who Are John Galt? But I didn't think about it until it was too late. I met Xelic's sister, and you're all jealous. Forward, Dope, and Tink were all in the same bracket, I believe, which I thought was pretty ungood to them. Rayzorium vs. Dope were probably the most entertaining tournament matches I've ever seen in person.

reqy - First: I'm bad in teams, but at least I did better than my first time with Scav. Second: Oh man you beat lots of people and stuff. Not a bad final tournament, huh?

Xelic/Jordan - Remember when you used to win tournaments? Yeah... You sure are bad now. Also, your house was real cold this time. Like, real cold.

Dope - You continued the tradition of giving me a nigh-impossible first round in singles. ggz sir. Look me up when I'm rich and famous; we'll fight more. You weren't nearly so fat as Jordan told me you were.

Sethlon - Finally got in the MM, plus loads of friendlies. G&W finally managed to take a match, and then decided to have mercy and throw matches all over everywhere (but you and I will always know the truth about that 3-stock-which-wasn't). Always fun to fight you. Come to Austin soon. No excuses.

Rayzorium - Good job on realizing that home is where my heart is and coming back to us. You played better than I've ever seen at this tournament, and it was good times. I'll have nightmares about missing that last edgeguard in the G&W pools match.

Caveman - We fighted and split in pools and it was good times and I wrote you a haiku:
Caveman lost to Galt
But only one match in pools
Otherwise he *****

Forkgirl/Taylor - I always include you in my shouts, because I'm a nice person and take pity on you. I saw you put in several solid performances, mostly against Marths. And you advanced from pools, which officially makes you better than I would expect a girl to be able to be (but just barely, so maybe it averages out).

Mr.C - I generally try to get in a couple of matches against you. A tip for the future: never play teams with me, even in friendlies. I'm sure you understand that now, though. And also: G&W > you the end moving on.

Forward - I fought three friendlies with you, and that was enough. I felt a little better about getting 4-stocked after I watched you 4-stock Cave in the same match. You're one of the players I've most wanted to see/fight, so good job coming to this tournament and winning and being generally super-good.

All OoS dudes - Very glad you all came. The average level at this tournament, even in pools, was surprisingly high, thanks mostly to you. Southpaw and I had some good, close matches in pools. Tink and Dope came from way-far away, just to beat me in both singles and teams.

Xelic's sister - Sorry, it's just not meant to be. You'll find someone else, I'm sure. Maybe we shouldn't have finally met, if it's going to affect you this much...

Woman with various anime - Thanks for making me all nostalgic for Yakitate Japan again. Way to go. Hooray.

I think that's what I have to say for now. This will probably be my seriously last tournament, but if not, I'm totally going all G&W and never touching Sheik again. Sheik isn't fun at all.

Top Bottom