• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I can create one, as long as I can get on wifi at Rutger's I'd be happy to provide updates.

:phone:

Edit: Thread's up.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Marth Main | Pool Number | Lived/Drowned
Kadaj​
|
Pool 2​
| Lived!
Raziek​
|
Pool 3​
| Drowned :(
Laurel​
|
Pool 5​
Zorai​
|
Pool 6​
MintyFlesh​
|
Pool 10​
KillLock​
|
Pool 12​
| Lived!
Eazy​
|
Pool 12​
Mr. Eric​
|
Pool 13​
Neo​
|
Pool 18​
| Lived!
Mikeneko​
|
Pool 21​
| Lived!
Mr.R​
|
Pool 27​
| Lived!
Tiger​
|
Pool 27​
|
Leon​
|
Pool 29​
| Lived!
mikeHAZE​
|
Pool 32​
| Lived!

C.J.

Smash Master
Quest did use Marth, and had gotten noticeably better.

Joe, nope. Just went to chill

Kel

Smash Master
Man, Mikeneko was getting the hang of zero suit at the end there. She has a huge blindspot above and in front of her (opposite of marth's fair) that Marth can hit with fair. When she is dsmashing or over Bing, fair hits her in the face, when she is shielding, you space it out of her jab range. Typically when this happens ZSS is on the opposite side of the stage and backed into a corner as she plays similar to Olimar (run away and spam until you're backed into a corner).

I'm still trying to figure out how all these Marths deal with MK.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Air dodge -> utilt is what got Mikeneko (and ****ing TRIPS, but whatev). After he kept whiffing his upb the first game, he quit using that as a punish option and stuck with dtilt. However, many times Salem would be behind MN after the air dodge (utilt hits behind her). He should have realized this and switched to something like pivot grab.

And I'm still trying to figure that out too lol.

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
After watching Apex this year, I am so proud that we had two marths in the top 8. Shoutouts to all the Marth mains. I can now fully appreciate the fact that Mikeneko is probably the best Marth.

So...who's picking up ZSS after this?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If Mikeneko hadn't tripped 3 times in that last match against ZSS, it could've been a Marth main winning apex.

Oh well :(

Mikeneko pretty much showed what happens when you get a top level player using Marth. Using nearly everything that's been talked about as "the next step" for the past few months. If you think being a top level player isn't about power shielding then you need to play a new video game. And why is Marth seemingly so strong at top level? Because no character in the game has the punishment versatility he has.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also if only I could've told MN that Salem's recovery choices were pretty much free gimps for Marth.

Like, I wrote an essay on how marth ***** zss' recovery. And Salem recovers the exact same way that I described that marth ***** every single stock.

:(

(As in, a ZSS is NOT allowed to side b to grab the ledge against Marth, ever)

Nike.

Smash Hero
^^^^ What Shaya said

It did feel pretty good to know every single little thing going on in that set (I think all of us who know the MU well felt the same lol).
Probably why I hated the commentary so much.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
What are you talking about? Pierce clearly proved that he is STILL god.

C.J.

Smash Master
^^^^ What Shaya said

It did feel pretty good to know every single little thing going on in that set (I think all of us who know the MU well felt the same lol).
Probably why I hated the commentary so much.
Hey Nike. Welcome to when I watch EVERY MATCH EVER

Was Mr R vs ADHD/ Esam recorded? I'm super sad that wasn't streamed
Yes they were AFAIK

Also, I'm now going to CP FD vs IC. Ramin taught me something haha.

But seriously, those were freaking awesome sets.

What are you talking about? Pierce clearly proved that he is STILL god.
ihu

BY THE WAY

I will argue Marth +1 vs Pika after Ramin vs Esam. After playing Ramin, Leon, and MN firsthand, I'll consent that they can take theory further than I thought they could. My problem w/ it was always that Marth won in theory but I didn't think it could be carried over consistently for application.

This weekend was, without a doubt, one of the best 3-day periods of my life. I'm so glad I went.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
when a marth main is aware that everyone else wants to power shield his **** (because otherwise marth is too safe to consistently get into) then you get that +1 for marth in nearly every situation against every character the entire match the entire time.

C.J.

Smash Master
Then afterwards we got a picture of the five people who have, at one point or another, controlled/heavily influenced the Marth metagame.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
During the LSF of Brawl singles Kain, Ally, CJ and I sat around together, watched the matches and talked trash. I randomly decided to throw out some jabs at CJ and went aggro on him to provide a good laugh. Literally out of nowhere Tyrant appeared and went "yo wtf, you hatin on my boy CJ? Get outa here *****h!". From that moment on I realized that you can't hate on CJ and get away with it.

:059:

Top Bottom