• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Actually I study in the upr rio piedras and I played some dudes last year. NO they do NOT wavedash. The best player was a samus user by the name of capy and he didn't even bomb jumped, or used the grappling hook... After I played 3 times there, the guys like...disapeard... and I've never seen them anymore. -.-

Dojima

Smash Ace
GJ, no one ignored the post, I can bring my cube, It has the little screen on top, but thats not to usefull for serious gameplay, It all depends on who will I be going there, If theres enough space in the car I can take my TV and cube. My main would be Link or Zelda and then Yoshi. *cough* IC is just a hobby >_> *cough*

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Bubbleman, I suggest you don’t tell people who’ve never seen you play that you and your friend have mastered your characters. I’m not doubting that you may be good, but understand that most people who believe they’re good before proving it are really not. I’m sure you’ve met people like that before, because we pretty much all have.

The next tournament will be in Isabela February 25th, the Saturday right after the smashfest. Currently a friend of mine is working on getting a flyer done so when that gets done I will be handing them out.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
@LordHDL

Of course, it's obvious that people have never seen my skills around the island, country, region or the world. So it's normal to doubt about each other...

Anyways, will that tournament on Feb.25 be oficial??
I would like to attend a tournament.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Bubbleman_Nsider said:
Of course, it's obvious that people have never seen my skills around the island, country, region or the world. So it's normal to doubt about each other...
Even if I really didn't like HDL approach, sounded a bit rude, he is completly right. No once can really say they are actually good or anything without first having some actual real competition. We doubt you hell yeah we do, you sound just like a lot of guys that have post on threads of how good they are and in the end they will only be the best of their group of friend. The quote is exactly just like something I read from some guys from Ponce and in the end they where pure scrubs and useless smashers that got owned by a 7 year old kid. Just don't try making those comments until you actually have someone that can back up that claim, After all If what I heard from Utuado is true, Happy projectile spaming, you're gonna get owned.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Dojima said:
Even if I really didn't like HDL approach, sounded a bit rude, he is completly right. No once can really say they are actually good or anything without first having some actual real competition. We doubt you hell yeah we do, you sound just like a lot of guys that have post on threads of how good they are and in the end they will only be the best of their group of friend. The quote is exactly just like something I read from some guys from Ponce and in the end they where pure scrubs and useless smashers that got owned by a 7 year old kid. Just don't try making those comments until you actually have someone that can back up that claim, After all If what I heard from Utuado is true, Happy projectile spaming, you're gonna get owned.
I could have been nastier. But yeah I played Boricua369 or something... which posted on the vids thread saying he could beat HDL. It caught my attention and when I fought him he wasn't very good. So until you we play you we will doubt you.

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
Lord HDL said:
The next tournament will be in Isabela February 25th, the Saturday right after the smashfest. Currently a friend of mine is working on getting a flyer done so when that gets done I will be handing them out.
Finally! HDL, where exactly in Isabela is this tourney gonna be held?? Man, PopeofChiliTown and I have been waiting for this.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Uriel Vinellus said:
I could have been nastier. But yeah I played Boricua369 or something... which posted on the vids thread saying he could beat HDL. It caught my attention and when I fought him he wasn't very good. So until you we play you we will doubt you.
Carlos, remember Ponce Tournament? Well yes I'm ashamed of living in the south.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Ok so, I'm guessing all the info on the Feb. 25th tournament will be posted here sometime soon right? Either way I'm going to go no matter what, so you might as well count me in.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Well here’s a summary of the most important information.

Ruleset will be standard MLG, except Rainbow Cruise will not be on the random stage list. The format will be round robin ending in single elimination. It’s Saturday the 25th. The time frame is from 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM. That means you must BE there at 11, don’t leave your house at that time. Exact location will be on the flyer, so I’ll post again with that information once the flyer is made (since I didn’t memorize the address).

Pope when are you going to drop by my house? It’ll be a good idea to get some serious training done before the tournament. You should also make it to the smashfest as well for further training. I guess I can pick you up for the tournament since I pass by your house on the way. I just need to know where it is exactly.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
I have some good news, and bad too...

First of, I've heard there are MORE smashers in Utuado, I thougth there weren't many, so I'll get them to join this thread sooner or later.
Bad news are that my GCN doesn't want to read some of my older GCN discs. It can read my ToS game disc, but it won't read SSBM or AC. Even though I could just ask my cousinf for his GCN anytime.

Else, Feb.25 seems like a good date, but I doubt I could go there, unless I go with some friends or someone, anyways, I'm thinking that a good tournament place could be on Arecibo's Plaza Del Norte or anywhere in Utuado.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Those aren’t good locations because finding a usable venue without having to pay to rent a place would be near impossible. There’s a lot more involved than just deciding what town you want to hold a tournament.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Lord HDL said:
Those aren’t good locations because finding a usable venue without having to pay to rent a place would be near impossible. There’s a lot more involved than just deciding what town you want to hold a tournament.
Oh ok, I forgot that for a second there, anyways, IF I manage to get a place without having to pay or anything here in Utuado or over at Arecibo, would it still make a good location?

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
It’ll only be a good location if it’s big enough to hold at least 50 people without being overcrowded while also having plenty of space for tables and chairs to setup like 5-10+ TVs and cubes. It’ll also have to be available for at least 9 hours and it must be reserved for us only (no random public people). It also needs to be comfortable, meaning not overly hot or full of mosquitos. Finding such a place for free is no minor task unless you have connections (like a family member or something).

Also we won’t be changing our venue in Isabela because there are some specific reasons why it’s being held here. I am aiming to run tournaments in this same place on a monthly basis (if possible), so even if there was one in Arecibo it would have to be timed well because of money issues.

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
So it's settled. Feb 25th in Isabela...but I need to know where exactly. Now I'm gonna have to train a lot more to at least put up a decent fight. Anyways, HDL post the exact location as soon as you can.

Essence_of_the_Gods

Smash Journeyman
This is very sad for me :(

Since classes started (as you all know), there really isn't a chance for me to go, but since it will be held at Isabela then it makes it more unlikely for me to attend

EDIT: Hey Uriel

Abner and Yamil are planning to make a team at the UPR in Bayamon but still have work before that happens.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Lord HDL said:
Ruleset will be standard MLG, except Rainbow Cruise will not be on the random stage list.
I love you.

Lord HDL said:
Pope when are you going to drop by my house? It’ll be a good idea to get some serious training done before the tournament. You should also make it to the smashfest as well for further training. I guess I can pick you up for the tournament since I pass by your house on the way. I just need to know where it is exactly.
Is this friday good for you? I should show up from about 3:30 to 4:00 at the latest, barring some unforseen anomaly.

Anyway I do not think I'll be able to go to the smashfest. The reason is on the 18th I have about 4 job interviews that I just can't put off any longer. I'm certain I'll go to the tournament though. We should do that list to see who is going to it. I'm bringing a couple of friends who are not yet at a competitive level, but are serious about it. I want them to play against really good smashers so that they can see how much better they have to get. Also, don't worry HDL, I can take my own car to the tourney.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
GJ, I'll be going to the smashfest with Eval so if you need anything (such as TV, cube etc.) just tell me and I'll bring it. Also, are we going buy the pizza just like last time? Just asking cause those slices were righteous.

@Bubble NSider: Pardon my rudeness but, If you live in Utuado and you do not know Alfonso, Mariano or Yamil then you are not worth my time.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
@Bubble NSider: Pardon my rudeness but, If you live in Utuado and you do not know Alfonso, Mariano or Yamil then you are not worth my time.[/QUOTE]

lolololololololololololololololololoollololololololol

Do you mean teh super duper good Fox from Ponce tourny? That guy is way good. I wanna play him again I wanna see how much he improved.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Max: I need all the TVs possible, I only have 3 so far. We'll definately order pizza like last time.

Uriel: I know you're not missing this smashfest lol, ask anyone from the east that's coming if they can bring TVs.

Oh by the way, I want Yamil and crew at my smashfest, someone inform them.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Disregard Doji's silly contempt for the pie. I already tried calling Mariano today but no dice... and Alfonso is at the navy singing that Village People song. Ill try to get Rod in on the action as well.

TTT

Smash Journeyman
Woot yo soy de Mayaguez, Puerto Rico....pero vivo en Arkansas hahaha me gusta this thread....

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Handsome Comp, DA's most handsome member wants to come to a Puerto Rican tourny...lets get this on and craccin...i'll bring raptorhawk with me and we can have sex with like 30 women during the tourny

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
***** comp came out of nowhere, lol. Sex at tournaments sounds good to me. When are you looking to be here, and in what town?

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I suggest you keep that enthusiasm in your pocket my friend. You don’t yet know DA. We’ll see what happens, though.

But I ain’t scared of you comp so let’s go *****, lol. This is actually pretty interesting. It would be interesting to play DA again, even if it’s only one member.

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
wow hdl ive never seen you this excited before. he's gotta be like your best friend.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
maximuspita said:
GJ, I'll be going to the smashfest with Eval so if you need anything (such as TV, cube etc.) just tell me and I'll bring it. Also, are we going buy the pizza just like last time? Just asking cause those slices were righteous.

@Bubble NSider: Pardon my rudeness but, If you live in Utuado and you do not know Alfonso, Mariano or Yamil then you are not worth my time.
I think I've heard their names somewhere, bu do not understimate me, I'm currently gathering people to go to Isabela on the 25.

-By the way, my GCN got fixed! I'm training daily now.
-Current characters being trained-
Marth
Ness

P.S- Pizza is good, especially wth extra cheese and pepperonies.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I think I'm going....
I still can't get the sh2l with the X button.(vamos a ver si me sale esto antes que la artritis en las manos. reva.)
But for the rest of Fox's moves, I'm coooooooool.

Stop focking bubbleman so much, we'll see what he got soon.

**** tengo examen de Etica tomorrow.

...............................................later

Top Bottom