• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

Eval

Smash Journeyman
I hope you finally can assist to a tournament zyko to see your potential. I hope a lot of people assit to the tournament too, new ones. Im 99.9% going to it.

PS: RUM & Smash 2 coming soon!!

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
HDL, where's the location for the Feb 25th tourney? And also, I've got a few friends that think they're the next best thing out there, and some of them are anxious to fight you. Since you fought with Pope, they think that they might beat you. In fact they wanna see what you got. So just let me or Pope know...to see if they could go...

Dojima

Smash Ace
Despues de leer various post me enco**** ver a la gente, ya que nadie es macho suficiente y quieren comer pizza como un chorro de ******* alla ustedes, el que coja comiendo pizza en el smashfest le voy a comer el ano con Zelda.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Supposedly Pizza was the first thing Adam ate when God created man. Thus , Pizza was handed down over generations and it's still mainstream today. In the sacred scriptures it says those who eat of my flesh( Pizza) will be saved forever. Pizza is considered a healing type of food mixed with Coca Cola ( nectar of the gods) you will be eternally saved and it's a complete meal.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Uriel Vinellus said:
Supposedly Pizza was the first thing Adam ate when God created man. Thus , Pizza was handed down over generations and it's still mainstream today. In the sacred scriptures it says those who eat of my flesh( Pizza) will be saved forever. Pizza is considered a healing type of food mixed with Coca Cola ( nectar of the gods) you will be eternally saved and it's a complete meal.
So I get that what you are saying is that it is ok to dope for a tournament? Tis argument just helps me prove that all those that eat Pizza are scrubs and they should die.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
LordH, I checked out round trip tickets....believe me...I can acutally pay for another DA member to tag along.....ooh man...I guess that means DA is taking TEAMS!!!!!

see u guyz in march!

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Xyhthyx said:
I'm gonna eat caviar.
wtf lol...

Yo comp maybe you should post the dates for March that would be best (price-wise) and see if we can set a suitable date for the tournament. We’re having one at the end of this month so it can’t be too soon in March, but I don’t know how the fares are so if it’s possible to get a cheaper fare then do that.

About bringing another DA member. Bring WES fool.

Where would you be staying exactly? I might be able to house one or two people, but I can’t give any guarantees.

EDIT *****ES:

The small print isn’t legible here unfortunately, but it is on the real thing.

Time to lift window wipers.

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
Nice flyer. Still I can't see well where it's gonna be. Whenever I see the flyer around, I'll stop and read it for a while. Still, if you post the location it'd be best. and I'm sorry if I'm asking too much for the location.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Rehobot Plaza Isabela, Carr. #112 KM 2.9 Interior.

That’s the location. Maybe I’ll give Pope some and he can give you one (I’m just guessing you guys see each other every now and then). There is a small map on the bottom right, but you can’t see it well here. It’s not that hard to find, really. If you know where Plaza Isabela is (like where Wal-mart is) then it’s not too far off.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Thanx Eval, I hope I could go too.(I'm not sure yet)

Nice flyer HDL but I can't see what are the prizes.

.........................later

EDIT: Tome el examen de Etica hoy......
Muchas trick questions.......Ciertos y Falsos clavadores........muchas opciones parecidas........................................puedo sacar cualquier letra del abecedario......

QUE NOS PASA PUERTO RIC :cry: :urg: :( ?

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
Lord HDL said:
Rehobot Plaza Isabela, Carr. #112 KM 2.9 Interior.

That’s the location. Maybe I’ll give Pope some and he can give you one (I’m just guessing you guys see each other every now and then). There is a small map on the bottom right, but you can’t see it well here. It’s not that hard to find, really. If you know where Plaza Isabela is (like where Wal-mart is) then it’s not too far off.
Thanks man. And Pope and I study together so, yeah, if you give him some he'll probably give me one.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Great, by the way, I can't see one of the prizes, I know one of them is a GC controller, but I can't really see the other one. By the way, my aunt is going to move to Isabela, maybe she lives around there, must ask her first.

I've been training like mad this week...
I still don't know if I'm really pulling out that wavedash tech.. Not sure if I'm really doing it :S

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Enycecricket said:
LordH, I checked out round trip tickets....believe me...I can acutally pay for another DA member to tag along.....ooh man...I guess that means DA is taking TEAMS!!!!!

see u guyz in march!

Hope you're not lying man and about who are you going to bring here yeah bring WES. I cant wait for March now, ****.

@Bubbleman_Nsider: I thought you said you mastered Ness already. :psycho:

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Eval said:
Hope you're not lying man and about who are you going to bring here yeah bring WES. I cant wait for March now, ****.

@Bubbleman_Nsider: I thought you said you mastered Ness already. :psycho:
I did, but I was just reading something about wavedashing, and stuff, anyways, I just want to master Marth too, so I can play 2 tiers. What else?...
Ehh.. I'll just go and beat up my brother again all night, I already PWNed him yesterday without losing a single match. Hyping myself, I don't want to become over-confident for the tournament, which I expect to go.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Lord HDL said:
Yeah that was the plan. You’ll be here sometime from 3-4, right.
Yeah, most likely from 3:30 to 4, since by the time I get home it'll be just about 3:30. I can stay until 6. I know it's not much time but let's make lemonade with these lemons that life is giving us (wtf), right? Or make some real lemonade. And make the most of whatever time we have to play smash.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
So you haven't mastered WD? Or advanced techniques? Hmm... Then you haven't "mastered" your characters yet. If you can't shuffle or WD your one step or a few behind us..

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Eval said:
My instincts (and someone I know) tell me that it’s probably a ploy.

Of course I’ll eventually go to NYC and tear him a new one regardless. If he actually does come down here it’ll just happen quicker, lol. But come on who says they got money to pay for a second person’s flight ticket? No one offers money like that unless they got stash.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
My instincts (and someone I know) tell me that it’s probably a ploy.

Of course I’ll eventually go to NYC and tear him a new one regardless. If he actually does come down here it’ll just happen quicker, lol. But come on who says they got money to pay for a second person’s flight ticket? No one offers money like that unless they got stash.

You got a point here. Let's waituntil his next post about it. :confused:

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Bubbleman_Nsider said:
Ehh.. I'll just go and beat up my brother again all night, I already PWNed him yesterday without losing a single match.
Would that be the SAME brother that mastered Sheik? MAN, you MUST be amazing considering this IS the SAME sibling that has mastered Sheik. And all of that rapage WITHOUT shffle OR wavedashing? I am definitely in the pressence of the smash equivalent of Chuck Norris.

Have a seat, boy.

Comp, Im planning to have RUM & Smash 2 around March 18. You game?

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
maximuspita said:
Would that be the SAME brother that mastered Sheik? MAN, you MUST be amazing considering this IS the SAME sibling that has mastered Sheik. And all of that rapage WITHOUT shffle OR wavedashing? I am definitely in the pressence of the smash equivalent of Chuck Norris.

Have a seat, boy.

Comp, Im planning to have RUM & Smash 2 around March 18. You game?
Yes it is, I'll show myself on Feb.25

Dojima

Smash Ace
Maximus STFU, who the hell do you think you are? you're nothing but a scrub that can't do anything right? What do you have? 5th best Gannondorf in PR? That's nothing. I bet that Bubble insider is going to kick your *** Chuck Norris style and after you loose you're gonna be like, but how could I loose? But I wavedashed, must be a glitch, just cause you're a noob that thinks wavedash automatically makes you a pro. Grow up.

I don't really know what wave dashing is, I actually don't know much about advanced techniques, but I don't really need them to win.

And when is the nexr tourney?

BTW im from utuado, PR

Bubbleman_Nsider said:
Yes it is, I'll show myself on Feb.25
psssssssssssss

If you get to go there. BTW, he always wins against me because of the stars, since they make you invinsible...

And yeah, all he gets is pure luck!
Ask him how much I beated him before, he even throwed the controller everytime I beat him.

And yeah, my english is bad.

And yeah, im the Sheik master.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Advanced techniques are required to win. If you don’t use them you will lose.

I don’t like to come out blunt like this, but this is enough. You guys need to put up or shut up. Come to the tournament and don’t talk about how you’ve mastered your characters and that you only lose to your one friend because they use STARS (you know for a second there I was actually wondering what you meant when you said stars). Don’t give us this BS “don’t underestimate us” business because if you are openly admitting that you can’t do advanced techniques and that you only play with one or two people, you are openly admitting that you’re not skilled players. Come to the tournament and if you can beat people using your special stars and no shffl styles then you can tell people not to doubt you. Unless you prove yourselves you’re nothing but more people who thought they were good until they got spoonfed their stocks (which I’d like to see Max do to you).

Not always advanced stuff are required to win. And I would like to play against you in the tournament.

As stated, I have nothing else to say in this thread. See you all in the tournament.

Dojima

Smash Ace

Random Chuck Norris fact #5654567 "Chuck Norris beat Ken, Isai and Chu in a 3 vs 1 match with team attack off using only his beard and a controler previously used by Knux"

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Back I am, I go out for some minutes and the people here start to fight...

@LordHDL-
I have a small thing to say...
- About half-hour ago I discovered I KNEW the advanced techs(WD, etc.) I simply didn't knew what were they on the game, since the explanations I saw never were the things I was looking for. Anyways, It's just a matter of waiting until the 25, day which I hope to go.

@Dojima-
-You going to the tournament? btw, just call me Bubble or Bubbleman. And wavedashing isn't such a big deal, I tried it earlier ago.

@Zero_13-
-Stars or no stars, you know I kicked your *** for 3 whole days. And besides, it's been a week since we got the stars off the item list, and about years ago we removed the recovery items(hearts, tomatoes, food...)

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Well if some of you don't think that the WD and the other advanced techniques aren't all THAT, I agree with you...... the WD ain't that important to win......vs. the CPU and 013 that is.

Watch out HDL for the "NOOB MASTERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

*fanfare plays*

Yo,you can edit your posts every now and then.(stop double posting....and triple posting)
TIP:Read all the guides you can for your own good lol.

...........................later ('toy basilando)

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
krazyzyko said:
Well if some of you don't think that the WD and the other advanced techniques aren't all THAT, I agree with you...... the WD ain't that important to win......vs. the CPU and 013 that is.

Watch out HDL for the "NOOB MASTERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

*fanfare plays*

Yo,you can edit your posts every now and then.(stop double posting....and triple posting)
TIP:Read all the guides you can for your own good lol.

...........................later ('toy basilando)
lol, noob masters... of course, on the forums, since I've been playing SSBM since the day I got it, which was like 4 years ago(Weeks after the game came out)

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Playing the game since it came out doesn’t mean anything, because a lot of people have been playing since it came out and yet they’re still **** compared to people who started competitively like 2 months ago. Playing casually for 4 years = playing competitively for like 1 week. Those who started out competitively, meaning 1v1 matches against A LOT of people, not just one or two friends, no items, fair stages, etc., are the ones who MIGHT be good enough to do well in tournaments. And those people usually already come to SWF knowing advanced techniques and being consistent. Mind you, people like that are very rare. Most new SWF members can’t even shffl properly and think there are cheap things in the game. The only cheap things are wallbombing in places other characters can’t get to, items, and the IC freeze glitch, and those are banned. Playing the game for 4 years doesn’t account for as much as gaining experience following tournament standards.

Trust me I have played people who have played the game for 4 years in 1v3 matches (me against 3 others) and still won with like 2 or 3 stock left. Because they only knew the casual side of the game. Also playing competitively does not mean trying to be your one friend (or circle of friends) with items, 30 stock, and playing on Temple. Try doing some research before self-proclaiming yourselves masters and saying you don’t need advanced techniques to win. You are in the wrong cabin in the train of thought.

Really, your just like that because people say your th best in PR.

But guess what, there are still alot of people you haven't faced, so how can people even call you the best if you haven't played with everyone?

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Because I am the one who has proved to be so. All those other people I haven’t played are the challengers. They are the ones that cannot call themselves the best since they have not proved it in tournaments, whereas I have. That’s how anyone is called the best at anything. Ken is the best Marth but he hasn’t played every single Marth in the world, so how is he the best Marth? Because he’s the one who has proved it in tournaments, and the other Marths have either not played in tournaments or have failed trying to prove they’re the best.

Top Bottom