• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

maximuspita

Smash Ace
I am double posting but for a good reason.... GG BOARDS ARE BACK. Look foward to Vain's new thread about my changes planned for next semester. Later.

Vain

Smash Journeyman
Agreed

Bleach went downhill for some people when it became DBZ-ish in the Soul Society Arc, but for me. I love that kind of thing. -screams at the top of his lungs to gain EXTREME powers-
Anyway
Series I recomend is BASILISK, totally owns.
Gamers Guild forums are back. :)

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
Bleach rules but i like better one piece is one of the best anime i have seen oh and its long i am like in episode 140 and there are i think 245 episodes already and counting

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Yo peepz ( yes I am Carlos Blazing I am EVERYWHERE!!!). AnywaysI can't assist or organize anything for this weekend. My father just told me right now 11:00am that I'm going to France this weekend I'm leaving Friday. ^^ Isn't that nice? When someone tells you your going to France with what? Two or days of anticipation? So I guess I won't be there ;_;. But at least I'll play the Frenchies

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Dude please.... go to a REAL French bakery on the street and eat a REAL french bread without anything on. A loaf, a croisant whatever just do it :D. Then tell me afterwards.

Kmahhl

Smash Journeyman
maximuspita said:
Kmahhl, Bleach is DBZ all over again... I've skimmed around the manga for a while (roughly around 20 episodes ahead of the anime which I watch with some friends).
Bankai = Super Saiyan.... it's lame really. I used to like it before they went to Soul Society because the presentation was very different (not like now which is who has the bigger soul slayer GRUAHHHHH *hair turns blonde*). Watch a manly anime like Mahoraba, Azumanga Daioh or Yakitate Japan. Those are too good to pass up. And dont forget Bokusatsu Tenshin Dokuro Chan. It wins.
Manly anime you say? those are romantic comedies, I did watched Dokuro chan because its funny and short but...
If Naruto is Dragonball Z with ninjas, does that mean Bleach is Naruto with dead people or DBZ all over again? The colorful characters, numerous fights and high episode count make such comparisons tempting, and fans of one are often fans of the other. With the Studio Pierrot handling animation duties, a storyline that dishes out cliffhanger after cliffhanger, and a rapidly growing fanbase, Bleach is clearly the Next Big Anime License. It doesn't aspire to be high art, but it doesn't need to—this is high entertainment, swords out and spirit energy blazing, ready to bring a modern sensibility to the classic shounen themes of friendship, challenge, and victory.

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Wait! You're saying romance is not for man?

BTW I've never watched any of the series mentioned above but DBZ which was crappy anyway.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
If I want well made cliffhangers I'll stay with Full Metal Alchemist, which is better than Bleach in every department. Though you are right that this is high entertainment and that this is the next best shounen series out there. Maybe I'm getting old and grumpy and also I am avoiding anything labeled shounen since they always use Toriyama's style in a new wrapper. Some call it inspiration, I call it rehashing.

Laser Kirby, have you watched Gun Parade March? I enjoyed that anime completely. It is only 12 episodes yet it had me reeling for all of them. And you could probably find it at your local Block Busters. And yes romance anime is definitely manly.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Hello there Chrono. Dont hesitate to ask around. You might find smashers that live closer to you than you think. BTW, where are you from?

Dojima

Smash Ace
maximuspita said:
Watch a manly anime like Mahoraba, Azumanga Daioh or Yakitate Japan. Those are too good to pass up. And dont forget Bokusatsu Tenshin Dokuro Chan. It wins.
Yeah!!! You tell them Jorge...........*cries*......making me proud!!!!!!!!!!
Havent posted in a while but i went to have matches in Florida and I have to say that I was th the quality really impressed with the quality of gameplay pver here, everyone is quite good, even so Puerto Rico is not far behind, is true that the low lvl players are higher than the lowest players of Puerto Rico but in terms of top tiers they are quite similar. Overalll my standing there was pretty much like the one in PR. There where people that could totally own me and there where other that could not, so is really similar.
I would like to end this with a fact:
I am hard gay for Dokuro-chan, are you? and Kmahhl Shonen animes are all the same freaking **** over and over again. Bleach, Shikai= Kayoken, Bankai=Super Saiyan, Ankai= Super Saiyan lv2 and who knows what other transformation they will come up with. Seriously don't try to preach the shonen bull**** here because you are in the wrong place. Try saying that Shonen was the best thing out there again and I will be forced to write and HLD-like big *** post (No ofense HDL but your posts are like an X-box) on why Shonen anime sucks.

Also I would like to propose Kawaii anime sigs for everyone, go on and place one if you don't have one PM me and I will give you some links. GJ I know you have some quickly put it to the side of your sig!!!!!

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
I don't have some, if you make me one of Dokuro-chan undressing herself from the 1st episode I'll put it in a heartbeat.

You guys ever seen Elfen Lied? That anime is top tier.

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
Uriel Vinellus said:
Yo peepz ( yes I am Carlos Blazing I am EVERYWHERE!!!). AnywaysI can't assist or organize anything for this weekend. My father just told me right now 11:00am that I'm going to France this weekend I'm leaving Friday. ^^ Isn't that nice? When someone tells you your going to France with what? Two or days of anticipation? So I guess I won't be there ;_;. But at least I'll play the Frenchies
to bad man but have fun in france, i myself am traveling this wekend sunday to be exact so i got untill friday to play if not then i will be one week in a cruise after that i got another week so if you want to play then call ATH

Kmahhl

Smash Journeyman
Hey Dojima I never said shounen was the best thing out there (I even stopped watching Naruto) im just saying BLEACH is my favorite.
I did not said either that romance was not for men I recomend Futakoi Alternative btw, its only 13 eps... anyway im actully watching Mai Otome its not a secuel btw.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Kmahhl said:
Hey Dojima I never said shounen was the best thing out there (I even stopped watching Naruto) im just saying BLEACH is my favorite.
I did not said either that romance was not for men I recomend Futakoi Alternative btw, its only 13 eps... anyway im actully watching Mai Otome its not a secuel btw.
Mai HiME rawked so hard. I haven't gotten around to getting up to date on Mai Otome, but I know it'll rawk just as hard.

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
Hey Everyone,

I've actually been a member here at the boards for bout a week but have never posted before except on the meet and greet thing but that don't count. So, hey to everyone from PR especially from the west coast of PR.

Kmahhl

Smash Journeyman
Xyhthyx said:
Mai HiME rawked so hard. I haven't gotten around to getting up to date on Mai Otome, but I know it'll rawk just as hard.
Yeah Mai Otome does, and I was waiting to get the entire series of Mai Hime to begin watching it and im about to... and you should give a try to Samurai Deeper Kyo if you haven't

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
shonen jumps may not be the best but the game jump superstar rules i just got it yesterday and is so god **** broken,import the game you guys you are gona like it{but not the price is 50$}

oh and shonen is not always the same,DBZ got nothing on One Piece or some of the other series that they got, so maybe most of them are like dbz but not all of them so look up one that is not like dbz and you will probaly like it :)

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
I know I'm new, and know not of anybody in the boards...but since all of you are talkin bout animes and stuff, well Paranoia Agent is a pretty ******* good show. A friend of mine has the whole season and it is just so freaking messed up. Lil' Slugger makes everything right.

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Welcome masschaosde! I love anime but 2 years ago I stopped watching tv for some odd reason. The only things I watch are stupid novels in channel 11 cause it's the only channel my tv has -.- BTW my fav show was card captors and it will always be. I luv tomoyo.

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
hehe nice... anyways another great anime(movie that is, not series) is AKIRA. Nobody can argue with that. Akira is by far the greatest anime movie ever made. Oh and I can't forget Jin-Roh nor Princess Mononoke. In fact, IMO, those are the three anime greats ever. And I still say Paranoia Agent is a pretty good show. Thumbs up.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
AH, Jin-Roh.... I would have cried if it wasn't for the man next to me who was also crying (who shall remain anonymous cause he does not forgive).

LOL.... the FEDS are coming. *The FBI takes it from my sig* Ikuso Fain-sama
(Vain I think it would be wiser if you used the real First Name, we wouldn't want to get the wrong impression here :laugh: )

Oops, Almost forgot... Happy New Years to everyone :chuckle:

Dojima

Smash Ace
Xyhthyx said:
Actually, we have about four.
About 4?!!!!!!!! Are you freaking crazy? think about 3 times that, don't make me start naming people. The smash comunity is full of these people and the funny part is that all of these people are high ranking, and Florida doesn't seem to be behind because I went all Pink dinosaur on them and none seemed to be freaked out.

Sylence

Smash Rookie
*comes out of absoultely nowhere*

I'm sorry, a pink controller?!?

(and Vain is not safe)

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Your face got outta hand.

Is there any tourney already planned for 2006? Is it soon? I'm itching to see if my practice has payed off.

<off-topic> By the way Frank, are you going to Victor's house tonight? </off-topic>

Top Bottom