• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

maximuspita

Smash Ace
From www.pr3dland.com

3D LAND Game Center
EL Monte Plaza (carretera #14, frente al Walmart SuperCenter).
Telefono 787-841-7083
Horario de 12:00PM a 12:00AM Los 7 Dias

Cansados del cine y la bolera???
Aquí tienen una pequeña lista de lo que puedes hacer en 3D Land:

-Computadoras con acseso al Internet
-Televisores de 56" con X-box, PS2 y Game Cube para jugar
-Area para juegos de cartas (ej. Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, etc)
-Anime
-Torneos y actividades de entretenimiento
-Snacks y muchas cosas mas...

New info on the tournament:
Torneo Super Smash Bros Melee 26/nov
Hora :
Inscripciones 12:30pm
Comienzo de torneo 2:15pm
Inscripcion : $10.00 por pesrona

Reglas:
2 vs 2
Doble eliminacion
10 vidas /no time
No items
ningun char esta banned
ningun stage esta banned

So its painfully obvious that this place doesn't know about SWF. The ruleset is "meh" but it might be possible to tell him about the way its played all over the world...

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Sh*t we gotta school these motherF***** they don't know official ruleset or what stages should be banned or time limit or stock limit or anything... ( They should ban shiek too lol). You do you know when the tourny ends? Maybe after it we can like do 1 vs. 1 or just friendlies.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
YEAH! 2 vs. 2 (on 3D Land) is "Pillería town".

For example:

Maybe you're the best smasher and get your "S" WHOOPED because you teamed up with a total stranger who is a n00b. Or you attempt a ridiculous suicide because of the crappy stage chosen.

It should be 1 on 1/no items/time: 8 mins/4 stock/Random in the following stages: Final Destination(Du'h),Corneria,Pokémon Stadium,All the "past stages"(64) & Battle field (please correct me if I'm misssing any or if I'm mistaken).

(I don't know exactly the 2 vs. 2 rules)

.................later

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Go to mlgpro.com and read the rules, these where the ones used for Rum & Smash and we had a fine tournament. Or go to the compendium of knowledge and check what they have, I'm pretty sure it's close to the mlg ruleset.

I would like to go, especially abusing flatzone with DK or Ganon but I wont be able to ... Eval and Doji however are teaming up to go there. Anybody else is going?

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
I'll go and I'll try to bring the ones you met at RUM and Smash. I don't know if we'll have our teams set or anything but I'll try to organize the crew and practice. If you guys are doing a smashfest please tell us so that we may go and train with you guys.

May the smash be with you , always.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I would go but the thing is it’s right there at Thanksgiving time. If it had a more suitable date then maybe I’d let the ruleset slide. Two options: go to a scrub tournament (casual and competitive players are not a good mix) or spend time with my family. I wonder which would win if it was a poll.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
*phew* HDL is not going now I can win! ( Just kidding). Come on!! Can't you like take the Turkey with you and eat it along the way or something? Or just eat the Turkey at home pray for a few minutes and then leave for PONCE! BRING THE FAMILY AS WELL!

Dojima

Smash Ace
WTF guys, Thankgiving has no set date thats why everyone is confused, it could never be on Friday because Thanksgiving is always the last Thursday of November. So this year is on November 24.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I haven't asked yet but if someone could give me a ride (I'll help on the ga$) maybe I could go.(don't know yet çause I have to decide between... PERREO! & SMASH really tough for me lol)

............later

N2K5

Smash Apprentice
I and other smashers have recently found a way to raise funds to go to OOS tourneys or OOC(country) tourneys. The funny thing is I will not ask money from you. I am trying to get as much smashers to support this new Idea of raising funds to travel to world tourneys for smash. Look in my sig and read all three links. Please be open minded. I guarantee you will raise funds for OOS tourneys. All I need is your support.

P.S.: Soy Boricua. I want to see more Tainos travel and get better in their skill in smash. This dream cant happen if you guys dont support it. If anything my aim: MrXcalibur or YIM (Yahoo) PUERTO_RICAN_GINUWINE_2000.

N2K5

Smash Apprentice
Cause I have +$15,000 in my bank. I am not forcing anyone to do anything. This is my gift for you guys. There are two types of people in the world. There are Winners and Loser. Both types are right about themselves. Which one are you?

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
I was checking on things and saw this whole emailpaysu thing. I wish I could help, but I'm in a tight spot financially right now. So... More info, please.

*STILL NOT COMING BACK, ESPECIALLY NOW WHEN I HAVE FINALS! LOL!*

Dojima

Smash Ace
Eval y yo vamos. Tambien es posible que vallan otros de Mayaguez, Vain, Eddy and even more. The point is to go to that tournament to teach the scrubs a lesson and see if they step up in smash after that. If they start to step it up I could even become part of the currently unexistent South smashers.

Dojima

Smash Ace
So...... what can I add. It was like 1am of november 19 and I recived notice that there was a tournament held at the UPR of Ponce (This is not the 3dLand one it was a different one). Luckily I convinced Eval to go there so I wouldn't feel so lonely. We got bad info the torunament started at 10am instead of what we had heard wich was at 12pm. When we got there at 12pm the single finals where already underway so sadly we couldn't participate in the singles. Well they had a good idea, they hosted a free for all mini tournament wich you only paid 2 bucks to participate. Now comes the truth, I am ashamed I sometimes told people that I was from Ponce (If I said Guayanilla they would never know where it is.) That was the worst scrubfest I have ever seen, the only 2 stages I ever saw in the 2 hours and a half I spent there where Final Destination and Hyrule Temple. The guy that won the singles was the only one that knew about Smashboars and at least he had some sort of disformed movement that somewhat resembeled Wavedash. In a free for all match I spent most of the time talking to a girl that was sitting behind me and wanted to learn a little bit about the game while the other 2 fought because the one that went my way was long gone, the match lasted over 15 minutes because the scrubs picked Hyrule Temple. The last message goes to the guy that won the singles. You are a freaking *****, I didn't even played you because you ran like a little ***** after Eval kicked your *** even if you counter picked him. You told us you had to go but when we left you where still there and avoided us the whole time we where there. Both Eval and me are pissed off. To tell you the truth if you where planing to go to the 3DLand tournament in the 26 don't show up, because Eval and me are goin to humiliate you even if we have to purposely follow you into the loosers bracket.

As closing statement, I heard that the UPR of Ponce was the center of Smash in the south but after seeing this I am way too disapointed and ashamed of even having some hopes to form a south comunity. I guess some things aren't meant to be.

Dimitri

Smash Rookie
People, don't give up on us just yet... There are some good smashers down here in Ponce, we just don't show our faces much (If your fellow smashers played that bad, you wouldn't show your face either). We'll just have to see if God has some mercy and gives Ponce Smashers some skill (I don't think it's possible, but hey, there's no harm in trying, right?) Anyway, I'll try to be in the 3dland thing, but don't count on it. Anyway, best of luck and KEEP ON SMASHING!!!

N2K5

Smash Apprentice
Wolf E. Urameshi said:
I was checking on things and saw this whole emailpaysu thing. I wish I could help, but I'm in a tight spot financially right now. So... More info, please.

*STILL NOT COMING BACK, ESPECIALLY NOW WHEN I HAVE FINALS! LOL!*
Sounds like your accusing me of asking for money.....

I am not requiring for any of you to pull any money from your pockets. This is my gift to you. You can make money to buy plane tickets for OOS tourneys with out taking money out of your pockets.

Look at my links in my sig. The only way for this idea to work, I need smashers like you to support the idea. That is the only this idea will work.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Sounds like a pyramid thingie, and the guys at the bottom rarely get paid.

Doji, don't get pissed at the people that picked the stages... get pissed at the organizers that didn't provide a good ruleset.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Dimitri said:
(If your fellow smashers played that bad, you wouldn't show your face either).
Hey I don't know about you. But I would show my face and prove that there is some skill left. I would prove that at least I don't suck and will help my friends so they don't suck. :ohwell:

EDIT : Lol my first double post thingy... I suck at this...

N2K5

Smash Apprentice
maximuspita said:
Sounds like a pyramid thingie, and the guys at the bottom rarely get paid.

Doji, don't get pissed at the people that picked the stages... get pissed at the organizers that didn't provide a good ruleset.

This not an pyramid scheme. Example: A regular job is a pyramid. You cant make more than your boss. Unless you go to school or screw the owner of the company. This company is based on networks. Let say I sign any of you up. Then let say you get 3x more people under your second lvl. Even if I signed you up, you still can make more money than me. Pyramid is one network. Each person has their own network. You are your own boss. Some people think you have to put money out to make money. With this company that isnt the case. If some of you have read the links in my sig than some of you wouldnt have said an ignorant statement about E-mail_Pays_U. Research before you speak. Doesnt look good on your part. I wouldnt have support this company if I knew it wasnt going to work. The money is there. You just have to work the system to get paid. Good Example: SmashBoards has alot of advertisements on the mainpage. There are even advertisements in post in a thread. How do you think smashboards gets paid? Smashboards get paid from all the advertisements that you guys see. Everytime you type in www.smashboards.com, smashboards gets paid for the advertisements you see on the main page.

This company is the same concept except this has to do with your email. You can make more money than a minimum or regular job. With that money you can pay for plane tickets to go to OOS tourney. With that said, you can get some much tourney experience that when you go back to Puerto Rico, you will be know as El Mostro in SSBM. The idea works, but it takes smashers like you guys to make it work and get paid. My dream is to see the smash community get better at the art of this game. Will you guys help me achive this dream? If so, click the links in my sig. When you join, put your e-mail address twice. You will get the invitation right away( Most of the time if you put your e-mail once you will get a invitation a day later.Max.) Read the links. Read them carefully.

EDIT: When Is the next Tourney? I might want to go unless some emergency comes up.

xAoS

Smash Cadet
When Is the next Tourney? I might want to go unless some emergency comes up.
Aside from the one in Ponce this Saturday, I think they're still being planned.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Aw...FUDGE! I can't go there neither (Family reunion). I'm not that bummed, I have to thank god for many things and spend more time with family, but I am NOT missing the tourney in our side soon(still don't know when). I'm hardly training to show my skills.
B4K4 & Uriel, I'll get you sooner or...............

.....later

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Hey HDL, I understand you live in Isabela, or somewhere in the vicinity, and since I do too, I was wondering if we could ever get together or something to have some friendly matches. See the thing is, I know I'm good but that's about it, I'm not at all ready for competition. Also, I only have one friend who is in the same level of play as I am, and we can rarely get together and have some practice, so I have very little experience against skilled people. I can't really promise a serious challenge or anything, but I think it'd be cool if I could join the smashers in the area, and it's really the only way I can see to get better. I'm thinking of going to the next RUM tournament, although I would probably get slapped silly.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Is nice to find about new people, You can also go to play at the RUM if you want. This semester I don't think we will be officially playing smash at the student center anymore since classes are basically over. But just so you know during regular class, we play Smash every Tuesday, you are welcome to come.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
That Turkey reminds me of the one we had on the patio... Which we shot by the way all the meat inside was so tensed we couldn't eat the Turkey we forgot to put the blind fold so he doesn't see what's going on. We he died he made a last *gobble* and then his neck snapped... Anyways it was a good thanksgiving.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Uriel Vinellus said:
That Turkey reminds me of the one we had on the patio... Which we shot by the way all the meat inside was so tensed we couldn't eat the Turkey we forgot to put the blind fold so he doesn't see what's going on. We he died he made a last *gobble* and then his neck snapped... Anyways it was a good thanksgiving.
I hate you, YOU ARE A SHAME TO ANY FALCO USER. How can you have a turkey on your backyar and kill it. A good Falco user would have protected that Turkey even at the cost of his own life.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Pope, where do you live exactly? I live right off the 459. If you want to see about coming to my house you should PM me.

Top Bottom