• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Answers:
1. MLG ruleset(double elimination, random seeding)
2.Open doors at 11 am, around 2 hrs warmup and prepping, then doubles, break, singles (this is not final though)
3.Yes VCR's are going to be available (probably 4, but **** might happen) I'm still unsure about the tapes since if I buy them then I would keep them but I have no way of recording them to a computer...
4. I have currently around 10-13 TV's from the west alone but I you want to bring your tv then it's no problem.

Another thing; we will probably be using 5 TV's at once for the brackets but as you can see we are missing atleast 1 vcr, eval told me he can get me 2 and I haven't added it yet but just to be safe it'd be nice if somebody brings a vcr(they might be some good friendlies that wont be recorded if all the vcr's are being used for the brackets).

We are thinking about serving food at the tournament, something simple and cheap like hotdogs. If you dont dig that then there is a mall at walking distance that has a variety of fastfood chains.

-----------
HDL, in which town are you going to hold the tournament? I need to know so I can get a census on how many over here are willing to go ( I know Eval would go in a heartbeat lol). Though the one week later has me locked up, I cant summon money on such short notice. I'll try to help as much as I can.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
maximuspita said:
-----------
HDL, in which town are you going to hold the tournament? I need to know so I can get a census on how many over here are willing to go ( I know Eval would go in a heartbeat lol). Though the one week later has me locked up, I cant summon money on such short notice. I'll try to help as much as I can.
Whoa I thought that was your sig at first. I’m not too sure about the town but it will likely be either Bayamon or the general surrounding area. One of the guys over there just needs some more time to inquire about using a certain place and if he’s not able to do that there’s another place we will definitely be able to use (at a cost). If/when it comes to that we’ll be able to name the town, location, date, etc. We might also put it for the 5th of November. We need to talk more on that. I personally think it would be a little more convenient for people if we can space the tournaments a bit. But if we wait too long some people may get clogged with schoolwork, then Thanksgiving comes, and it’ll suck for all of us.

Also I suggest we not waste too much tape on recording a whole mess of matches. Maybe we could record matches from the last two or three rounds or so? I can capture and upload videos but since I have a slow connection I can’t really upload a lot of them (and they also need to go through someone else before actually being uploaded). So I could only really upload like the last few matches that go on. What I can do is add some music to the final matches that go on and then upload them. After that you guys can download and spread them around if you want. I’ll be sure to check the themes I got and put some appropriate music, heh. You guys can keep the tapes to watch when you want. I think I have an extra blank tape here but I’m not sure. I’ll check and bring it if there’s space.

GJ as you might have read it seems Carlos and the others won’t be able to make it. But I’ll still call you on Saturday if you want to come. We made some good progress today. I also need to check with Ivan and see if he’s still set for Saturday. Anyone else from the west like Maximus want to come to my house Saturday? There’s plenty of space in the apartment downstairs. Bring a TV and another cube. Not really a smashfest but a small gathering. Let me know ahead of time Saturday is only two days away.

Raid07

Smash Rookie
Hey! i just joined smashbaoard to post here
i'd like to join the tourney but there are a few problems-
1.Im 14 and most of the people here are older i dont know if you want youngins bothering you guys =p
2.i broke my leg and my cast comes off in early/mid November,and my kripple-ness doesnt allow me to go to a few places
3.i live in Guaynabo so if theres a place close to there please say

also ill try joining that "Boricua smash" msn group by tommorow my email is kiddo_raid just in case
also my aim is Raid07 if you guys needs to contact me

so if theres any tourny after october please tell me n_n

oh well

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Sorry HDL, I cant come this weekend. I gotta go back home or my parents start suspecting about the way I'm using my time over at mayaguez.

About the tapes, I'm just worried about matchups that I want to see but wont be able to if Im participating or doing anything else. I especially want to see Rod playing and I'll probaby wont see him play unless it's me fighting him.

Raid07, I dont know anybody from Guaynabo so I can't help you there. Do you play some people regularly? If you do then ask if they are also interested in coming and they can get you a ride. I cant do anything about the cast though ;)

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Ask Eval or someone else if they want to come. Also if you can get in touch with Ivan and tell him to speak to me on AIM that would be great because I just realized I don’t have his number so I can’t check if he’s still coming tomorrow unless he gets on AIM.

Essence_of_the_Gods

Smash Journeyman
Hey people, i would really like to know which of you are in or close to Bayamón. I can't drive to Mayaguez just for that. Maybe if the east siders form another event instead of going over there. Whenever there's an opportunity, like a long weekend or something

Besides, over here in there are a lot of smashers, but they just need an opportunity to break out :p

Dojima

Smash Ace
Since the thread has gone a little slow I would like to take the oportinity and see if there are some Smashers in the south area of Puerto Rico, preferably around Ponce or Guayanilla. If you are feel free to PM me on the matter, amybe we could get thogether and play sometime.

darkstar87

Smash Rookie
Essence_of_the_Gods said:
Hey people, i would really like to know which of you are in or close to Bayamón. I can't drive to Mayaguez just for that. Maybe if the east siders form another event instead of going over there. Whenever there's an opportunity, like a long weekend or something

Besides, over here in there are a lot of smashers, but they just need an opportunity to break out :p
hey i am from bayamon, nice meeting someone else from bayamon

Raid07

Smash Rookie
i have an idea! a free-for-all to see whos the best smasher in PR,except theres a catch, they must do it BLINDFOLDED! and with theyre fingers TIED and drunk!
<,<
>,>
just suggesting..

also,i dunno whos said it but someone said something about a smash-fest in christmas break,i hope that by christmas the cast comes off and ill be able to go (b'.')b

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Huh?

maximuspita said:
Wolf. I talked to Mariano yesterday and he told me he hasn't heard from you. Probably my bad since I didn't give him your hotmail. I'll do so now.
No, you did. Problem is, lately UPRA has practically BOMBARDED ME with homework and stuff, asi que no lo he podido contactar. Ya de viernes a saturday le voy a enviar el email si Dios quiere. Mil disculpas. Es que tampoco lo he hecho porque estoy esperando a ver que pasa en casa (bendito con todo lo que pasa no tienes idea). Pero ya avisare, I promise. Sorry!

Gamemaniac

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys where is that tournament that you guys are talking so much about cause i would like to come. I live in ToaAlta so I hope that it is somewhere near.

Dojima

Smash Ace
I'm sorry to say that I really don't know Gamemaniac.(There will be 2 tournaments)
But I would like to take the oportunity to place a picture of the flyer to the Tournament that will take place on the west look like.(Hopefully some people will get more interested and come). If anyone has any questions about the tournament don't hesitate to ask.

(To any Mods, if you feel that the image is too big remove the

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Dojima said:
But I would like to take the oportunity to place a picture of the flyer to the Tournament that will take place on the east look like.
The tournament is in the west in Mayaguez Dojima. :p

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Dojima:

I think the banner's great! I don't mean to flame, but check it out, you'll see just these mistakes (which are nothing, really):

Tornament (it's supposed to be TOURNAMENT)
Student center (I think it'll look better if you leave it as Student Center)
Team:$20 (this one's not important but you should have left a space between : and $)

Other than that, I really liked the banner, I'll see if I can print it and staple it on the UPR of Arecibo's student center.

EDIT: BTW, where'd you find the original pic? I have been looking all over for it with no success!

Dojima

Smash Ace
Wolf E. Urameshi said:
Dojima:

I think the banner's great! I don't mean to flame, but check it out, you'll see just these mistakes (which are nothing, really):

Tornament (it's supposed to be TOURNAMENT)
Student center (I think it'll look better if you leave it as Student Center)
Team:$20 (this one's not important but you should have left a space between : and $)

Other than that, I really liked the banner, I'll see if I can print it and staple it on the UPR of Arecibo's student center.

EDIT: BTW, where'd you find the original pic? I have been looking all over for it with no success!
I did this really quick so forgive the errors I'll fix them right away. As for the original picture here you go: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/thebatosai/ssbm_charaall_1024_768.jpg

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
I’m bored. I need to play people from the west. NOW! Training mode for nearly two weeks before a tournament is not fun. If anyone from the west can come to my house anytime soon that would be glorious. Just think of all the tasty training you’d get. Bear it closely in your minds... Smash....smash...smash with HDL...smash...more smash with HDL...

Hell we could even record ****. I’m sure some of you would like some better videos online since you guys are much improved and the ones that are currently up are quite old. Smash...smash...

Gravekeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gravekeeper
He all, been a while ^^;

I don't know if I'll be able to make the West tourney... either way, can't wait to see the vids!

Hey darkstar87, is that you, Mario? I'm the one bringing in Smashers from Inter-Americana... I found out that a second generation of Melee smashers was budding here recently when I went to the student center. Unfortunately, the first generation Inter-Americana Smashers was disbanded by the university when we lost our tv rights (for no rerason, mind you) for an entire semester. The group scattered, and I had lost all hope... But lo and behold, the prepa young'uns appeared out of nowhere, and they be good ^^

Essence of the Gods and Raid07, there's quite a few Smashers in and around Bayamon, so you shouldn't have much trouble finding us. We lurk among the shadows like Sheikas...
Yamnobody also found a really good Smasher that could possibly either add more good players to the East Side or bring balance to The Force.

And I was thinking.. Why don't we make a player locator? Like, have a map of Puerto Rico and have the names of all known Smashers divided by municipality? I'm sure I could whip up something decent in Photoshop...

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Well go ahead and try it(we'll be waiting lol)

What do you mean about "yamnobody also found a really good smasher that could possibly add more good players to the East side". I don't want to brag but I have greatly improved my skills since I met you and your crew(I didn't wave dashed or waveshined or edge guarded
etc) And now that I know all of your "pillerias" I think I might do better against you guys.

....later

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Gravekeeper said:
And I was thinking.. Why don't we make a player locator? Like, have a map of Puerto Rico and have the names of all known Smashers divided by municipality? I'm sure I could whip up something decent in Photoshop...
This sounds like something that would help and we could all refer to it to see who’s where. Let me help by posting what I know so far. I’ll do this according to where people study as opposed to where they come from. Like Maximus is from Guayama, but he’s usually in Mayaguez since he studies there.

West

Maximus
Eval
Doji
Rod
Rey
Vain
GJ
Freddy
Panda
Lord HDL

These are the people from the west I can think of off the top of my mind right now, but there’s a lot more than that. I just can’t recall everyone’s aliases/names since it’s a lot of people and there may be some that no one told me about. But anyway at least there’s some names there to use for a map. I’ll wait for someone who knows more about where people stay to post locations. The only ones I’m completely sure about are GJ and myself. He’s from Aguadilla and I’m in Isabela. I’m sure you can compile all the smashers from the east yourself.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Hey whatsup everyone. My parents are 100% going to PR during christmas break for about 9 days...i think from like the 23 till the 2nd. Theres like a 80% chance Im going with them. I just have to check out a few things before I know for sure. I let you guys know when Im 100% on it.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
RaptorHawk said:
Hey whatsup everyone. My parents are 100% going to PR during christmas break for about 9 days...i think from like the 23 till the 2nd. Theres like a 80% chance Im going with them. I just have to check out a few things before I know for sure. I let you guys know when Im 100% on it.
Let us know what happens.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
If you see this tell us what part of PR you’re staying at. It would suck if you wind up staying in a place that’s far from us (which means far from tournament activity).

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Is there gonna be a VCR in the West tourny? Because I really want to record the matches. If the West don't have enough GCs or copies of smash I can bring my own.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Nobody has seen me or played against me, but I live in Isabela so you can put me on that list too. I've been looking for PR's elite smashers for a while now, I'm finally getting somewhere.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
Lord HDL said:
If you see this tell us what part of PR you’re staying at. It would suck if you wind up staying in a place that’s far from us (which means far from tournament activity).
We always stay at my grandmas house in Aguada. My father lives in Isabela also and i usually stay with with him for like a day or two when I visit.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
PopeOfChiliTown said:
Nobody has seen me or played against me, but I live in Isabela so you can put me on that list too. I've been looking for PR's elite smashers for a while now, I'm finally getting somewhere.
I live right off the 459, very close to the town. PM me or speak to me on AIM if you’re interested in training.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the doublepost but I needed to post this to make it noticeable.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I may not be able to attend the RUM tourney, but put me on the pending list, just in case. Voy a ver que me pasa de aqui a viernes.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Thread kinda died down the closer we get to the tournament. Maximus, you should open a new thread and ask for re-confirmation for cubes, TV and entry. Plus, remind everyone the ruleset, time the tourney starts/ends etc.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Tomorrow’s the day to get the training done before the tournament this Saturday. This is a good opportunity to get team practice going, as I’m sure most people haven’t bothered to do so and have been playing 1v1s (or FFAs) all this time.

GJ, it would be very interesting if you could let me know what time to be at your house tomorrow. We could get a little practice going before setting out if there’s time.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Hey guys, what about the tourney in our side?

Anyways, I got an illustration in my USB/flash drive/pen drive from "corel painter 8"
Question: Does ANYBODY knows HOW THE HELL COULD I PUT THAT AFTER ANY POST!?
(I wasn't really screaming, I just like to kid around)
Please tell me, ....later

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
I have a doctors appointment tomorrow I had forgotten about, plus I'm going to get some schoolwork done. My guess is that we leave around 4-4:30, depending on which time I go to my appointment. I'll give you a call tomorrow and let you know.

Top Bottom